Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Speculation] Daisy (sloth pet) is unlocked

I just got an email from blizzard saying that the battle pet Daisy has been unlocked from the Doctors Without Borders promotion event they were running.
    Last edited by Hobbidaggy; 2021-04-20 at 06:13 AM.

Got the email too but it doesn't appear to be in the store yet.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Got the email too but it doesn't appear to be in the store yet.
    Oh! I can’t get to my computer at the moment due to work. Wonder if the email was accidentally sent

So the actual tracker is just on a time limit? They already know it will be unlocked. #tinfoilhat

$941,283 Raised - info from official site...
    Something is fishy...

$59k remaining on the donation page....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    So the actual tracker is just on a time limit? They already know it will be unlocked. #tinfoilhat
    Or is this how blizzard cover the rest of the money and say “in good faith we will provide you with Daisy”

Always good to know that everyone was getting the pet regardless of donations.

Who comes out worse in this affair: Blizzard, MSF or the suckers who fell for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post

Who comes out worse in this affair: Blizzard, MSF or the suckers who fell for it.
    I would say the people who came out worst are those who see people giving to a charity and calling them suckers.

Must be a real bleak life if someone thinks helping those less fortunate is something only idiots do.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would say the people who came out worst are those who see people giving to a charity and calling them suckers.

Must be a real bleak life if someone thinks helping those less fortunate is something only idiots do.
    Let's be honest...
    Most of the players are not doing it because they are willing to help...
    They just want another pixles in their imaginary ingame collection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I just got an email from blizzard saying that the battle pet Daisy has been unlocked from the Doctors Without Borders promotion event they were running.
    That is a biiiiiig mistake in the PR department if people already have a mail stating they should have access to it but the goal has not been reached yet. Not good at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Let's be honest...
    Actually, both for me. Donated twice even.

But yeah, I believe that theory too but it isn't as bad as the ones who use Kotick as an excuse for not supporting (or being able to support) a charity - because nothing says 'F**K KOTICK' more than blaming it on a charity organization. Just grow up and say you don't want to help, or you can't help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post

Worse?

Technically, none?

Blizzard gets PR and advertisement (One pet is an ancient pet that was barely available to people, and then they made a new pet).
    DWB/MSF gets their charity supported.
    Donators get pets and tax write-offs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    i donated $10, yw

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is a biiiiiig mistake in the PR department if people already have a mail stating they should have access to it but the goal has not been reached yet. Not good at all.
    Honestly, it could also be that the page that shows the donations does not auto-update and they really did reach the goal and emails started going out once it happened. Never assume man.

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    So the actual tracker is just on a time limit?
    Timer is 26th of April, so tin foil hat is prematurely escalating.

Still showing at $941,687 Raised out of the million.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    Honestly, it could also be that the page that shows the donations does not auto-update and they really did reach the goal and emails started going out once it happened. Never assume man.
    I have seen that bar move by the 500's, and the pet is not available in the store right away like Bananas was, and not everyone has gotten the mail. So it sounds like a big mistake got stopped in the happening.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It was a mistake
    Also can you post pic of the email?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, both for me. Donated twice even.

But yeah, I believe that theory too but it isn't as bad as the ones who use Kotick as an excuse for not supporting (or being able to support) a charity - because nothing says 'F**K KOTICK' more than blaming it on a charity organization. Just grow up and say you don't want to help, or you can't help.

- - - Updated - - -

Worse?

Technically, none?

Blizzard gets PR and advertisement (One pet is an ancient pet that was barely available to people, and then they made a new pet).
    DWB/MSF gets their charity supported.
    Donators get pets and tax write-offs.
    If the IRS asks

My company donated out of the goodness of its heart and it had nothing to do with the fact people just gave me their stimulus checks lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Let's be honest...
    And blizzard is only doing it for PR and tax breaks

Humans suck but at least we can harness our selfish desires for a good cause when we all get something out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

I stopped believing in charity donations a long time ago. It's just another way for suckers to pay and others get rich in a bigger picture.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2021-04-20 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    If the IRS asks

My company donated out of the goodness of its heart and it had nothing to do with the fact people just gave me their stimulus checks lol
    Well, if you had a company that collected donations in the name of a charity to then donate to the charity for people, then your company would legally be able to claim a tax write-off.

If this was a bad hint at Blizzard's previous charity drives, then I can inform you that they are not earning a tax write-off from this charity as it is directly deposited from the donator to the charity, giving the donator the tax write-off.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    And blizzard is only doing it for PR and tax breaks

Humans suck but at least we can harness our selfish desires for a good cause when we all get something out of it
    Blizzard this time, does not earn a tax write-off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    I stopped believing in charity donations a long time ago. It's just another way for suckers to pay and others get rich in a bigger picture.
    Quite sad to think that something has ruined your view of charities so badly.

I have a feeling that that is why Blizzard does this with DWB/MSF with direct donations to make it transparent that this time they don't make any money off the donated amount.

Yeah, clearly they set it in advance and thought the goal would have been reached by that time. Pretty funny, but it will be awkward now not to unlock it so I guess that's good.

The donations were pretty slow though, in comparison to many other charity actions on-line. It was pretty underwhelming and I guess Blizz did expect better.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Pretty sad considering how many lives are saved thanks to charities. But I guess some people will only accept the reality when their own life is saved in a hospital which has equipment bought from charity money.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-04-20 at 08:35 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah, clearly they set it in advance and thought the goal would have been reached by that time. Pretty funny, but it will be awkward now not to unlock it so I guess that's good.

The donations were pretty slow though, in comparison to many other charity actions on-line. It was pretty underwhelming and I guess Blizz did expect better.
    They did expect better, then again, many used Kotick's bonus as an excuse for not supporting the charity according to comments, even though Blizzard gets no money or write-off from this event.

Well, if you had a company that collected donations in the name of a charity to then donate to the charity for people, then your company would legally be able to claim a tax write-off.

If this was a bad hint at Blizzard's previous charity drives, then I can inform you that they are not earning a tax write-off from this charity as it is directly deposited from the donator to the charity, giving the donator the tax write-off.

Blizzard this time, does not earn a tax write-off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite sad to think that something has ruined your view of charities so badly.

I have a feeling that that is why Blizzard does this with DWB/MSF with direct donations to make it transparent that this time they don't make any money off the donated amount.
    Nah I just donated some of my last month’s profits to make up for the increased revenue I’ve already taken this year due to the nature of my business being one that thrives during times of the pandemic...and the fact I owed a chunk because of it last year