Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

m+ score opt out

theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-04-20 at 08:45 AM.

You can't opt out, because opting out means you won't have a score and so won't be invited.

Everyone who invites people to PUG will use it, only those being invited would want out.

It is in effect a mandatory and flawed system - and we will be stuck with it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

@schwarzkopf did you read all that i wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You can't opt out, because opting out means you won't have a score and so won't be invited.

Everyone who invites people to PUG will use it, only those being invited would want out.

Is it more flawed than current rio ?

Agreeing with you today!
    When you opt out, you will have a very hard time getting invite in anything beyond 5s or 6s. Even making your own groups will be harder, as people tend to not join a group lead by someone with "to low" score for the key they are looking for - and as you opt out, you'd have exactly this problem.

But question to you @mojusk - in what way do you want to measure if someone is capable of going into exactly this dungeon at this level?
    Via looking at ilvl? Oh boy, you'll have much fun! Via trust-system? "I can do it"?
    It will simply not work almost all of the runs if you do it your way, tho. You NEED some experience for higher stuff, that's out of question.
    If you do not care, you can just right now start own groups and only invite people with no score - this will be the same as your idea with BlizzScore.

Rio (and BlizzScore) just show if someone has atleast done those dungeons on whatever level and therefor has experience in them.
    It just depends on who uses this system. Some people really abuse it in some ways, but black sheeps are everywhere.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2021-04-20 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    Makes no difference really. People who want to opt out can just not take it into consideration. Theoretically at least.

raider.io isnt enforced on anybody aswell (its opt in even), yet you wont get invited without it.
    same would happen with the blizzard system - wether your rating is low or you opted out wont make a difference - no higher m+ keys for you.

no idea why people are so mad about it tho. gearchecks for non-guild raids have been a thing on my server since TBC.
    If you dont know the other guy, you have to rate him based on something. And some sort of ELO system is waaaay better than ilvl for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Is it more flawed than current rio ?
    Not more flawed, but the new system could have been better - and it isn't.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is like saying you wanna opt out on ilvl or arena rating. lul
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Phala View Post
    raider.io isnt enforced on anybody aswell (its opt in even), yet you wont get invited without it.
    So you are saying it isn't enforced on anyone, and it is enforced on some.

Can I have some of what you are on

Quote Originally Posted by Phala View Post
    same would happen with the blizzard system - wether your rating is low or you opted out wont make a difference - no higher m+ keys for you.

no idea why people are so mad about it tho. gearchecks for non-guild raids have been a thing on my server since TBC.
    If you dont know the other guy, you have to rate him based on something. And some sort of ELO system is waaaay better than ilvl for sure.
    Rio isn't "opt-in", you get score for whatever dungeon you do, doesn't matter if you have the addon yourself.

Opting out will mean that you just don't get invited.

What do you think a matchmaking system for M+ will accomplish that the current implementation of LFG doesn't? Even with people using these various scores to judge potential group members, you're still not guaranteed anything in the way of performance (until you get to like 1300+, I guess). And if you're not running keys that high anyway, it doesn't really matter what your raider.io or blizzard.io score is...so just start a group and invite people who apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    It is like saying you wanna opt out on ilvl or arena rating. lul
    Well - you can opt out of arena rating... I can sign up for an arena match with 0 rating.

What I can't do is get into a M+5 even though I can time M+10 to 12s ... because there are so many DPS that they just take the highest scores.

Not more flawed, but the new system could have been better - and it isn't.
    What is your suggestions then? How should a system work in your opinion?

Well - you can opt out of arena rating... I can sign up for an arena match with 0 rating.

What I can't do is get into a M+5 even though I can time M+10 to 12s ... because there are so many DPS that they just take the highest scores.
    Better applicants available is the fault of r.io in what way exactly? You do know that these players will still be there even if r.io doesn't exist anymore...

thats not a problem with the score though, thats a problem with tank/dps ratio. which is why tanks got insta qeues in lfd and dps got half an hour qeue.
    could have some sorta CD for DPS so you cant join a new m+ untill its "your turn" again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    How should a system work in your opinion?
    1. It shouldn't judge you on bad luck (e.g. not getting certain keys)
    2. It shouldn't publish a rating, rather publish a 'M+' level the toon can do (e.g. I have 1x11,4x10,2x9,1x7 on time, and 3 13s almost on time - so it might say 10 for me). This allows people to pick people who are level appropriate, without just picking someone with 1100 over someone with 1090 all the time.
    3. It shouldn't judge on how many you do, because that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
    4. It should include repeated leaving of groups, introduce a vote to kill in groups to vote to end the key without penalty.

You can "opt out" by creating a PUG Community and recruiting like-minded people in it who don't care about m+ scores.

People seem to misunderstand the OP.

They said they would want the possibility to opt out of it. However, in the same sentence they also mentioned that once you opt out, you can only play with players that opted out themselves too, while those opted in only get to play with those that opted in aswell.

Tldr blizz score on = play with other blizz score on, blizz score off = play with other blizz score off.

Honestly, the M+ Score system is pointless if they don't launch or plan to launch an automatic queue system for M+. What will an "official" M+ score system accomplish that R.IO doesn't? The only benefit of a m+ score system would be to feed it into a queue system to make finding groups quicker.

If I could just queue for a +10 with, say, 1000 M+ score and wait until the queue pops that would actually be great. I would actually re-sub to the game if that happens.