Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I suppose with TBC Classic on the horizon it would be timely to bring this old joke back. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Int...he_Tinfoil_Hat
    At the time playing on the fear of elitists being able to inspect players remotely through the Armory website.
    I don't think your proposed solution would solve the problem you see in Raider.io. People railed against Item Level too and it's become an important part of quickly assessing a random player's power.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    1. Bad luck doesn't exist, neither with premade groups or if you're a solo player. You just have to play a bit more.
    that's exactly the problem isn't it? the system has a massive bias towards people who put in a lot of effort early on.

gotto make sure you get a +7 in every dungeon week 1. +10 or more week 2. else you're just screwing yourself if you want to pug.

don't know anyone who can do that with "just a bit more" though, especially in pugs.

So I think the biggest issue people have with rio is that it promotes meta slave mentality.

Unfortunately the only solution to this is to make meta a feedback loop and blizzard is unlikely to do this. Imagine, for example, that the length of your timer gets scaled by how "unmeta" your current comp is, based on seasonal data. People would still have meta mentality, but suddenly bringing an out of meta spec can have interesting effects and allow you to push higher score.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    3. It shouldn't judge on how many you do, because that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Players checking experience is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    1. Run more keys.
    2. Rating gives you exactly this information. If you see a 850 player (doing lowish to highish keys) you know that he can do 10s.
    3. It doesn't. The "did X dungeons" information is just for experience sake that some people like to look at.
    4. Most times it's one player raging and leaving. If the other 4 people say "No", the 5th player is simply going afk. Or no votes at all, just afk.
    thats simply not true then . all you know is that he completed 10s once - for all you know he could have been carried .

thats how you end up with 1200 toxic io people know knowsing how basic mechanics work in +13/14 keys,

thats hy toxic io is usless honestly this late in tier.

Can't ... I don't get into groups because of... RAIDER.IO.
    Do you think you would get into more group if raider.io didn't exist?

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I've seen this thread before....

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    in general rio score is a great system for people who do keys above the weekly, and a very mediocore or straight up bad system for people who do keys below the weekly. you can debate a bit where the exact crossover point is, +10 isntead of +15 is a decent argument too, but you won't convince me the negatives don't outweigh the positives below a +10.
    About a month ago I leveled a resto shaman alt, geared him in pvp and then decided to do some M+ with 200-210 gear. I healed all dungeons on 7-8, then all on 10-11, now I'm doing 13-14s. The first day I used my KSM achievement to get invites, because rio doesn't show your main until your alt has a score above 200. The second day I got invites because people could see my main rio score. That allowed me to jump multiple dungeon levels quickly.

The things I've seen in <10 and 10s tells a lot about how important raider.io is. I've had a tank in PF+9 go through the dungeon like it's M0, trying to skip all kinds of trash. PLUS NINE. That wasn't a +2 or +4. He went from doing M0s to tanking a +9 with no idea wtf he was doing.
    I've had multiple tanks with no idea about Prideful and that you'd have to do a different kind of route. I had a tank in ToP who did such a shitty route that Pride spawned on the small platform before Kul'tharok right after one of the smaller mobs died. So we had the big Lich dude shooting tornadoes, another mob casting those hard hitting casts that need to be interrupted and a Pride at the same time. And it was Fortified, Sanguine and Quaking week.

Whoever says "rio doesn't matter in the not so high keys" should do a key with low rio players and then try to get into an alt run of people with high rio mains. I guess the problem is that whoever says such a thing won't ever invited into such an alt run and never sees the difference...

3+ Year Old Account
    that's exactly the problem isn't it? the system has a massive bias towards people who put in a lot of effort early on.

gotto make sure you get a +7 in every dungeon week 1. +10 or more week 2. else you're just screwing yourself if you want to pug.

don't know anyone who can do that with "just a bit more" though, especially in pugs.
    that's just wrong, if you're a player that does that high keys in the first weeks then you're one of few.
    As the person who is always searching for a dd for my premade group, I only see people on our skill level and that's fine
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    About a month ago I leveled a resto shaman alt, geared him in pvp and then decided to do some M+ with 200-210 gear. I healed all dungeons on 7-8, then all on 10-11, now I'm doing 13-14s. The first day I used my KSM achievement to get invites, because rio doesn't show your main until your alt has a score above 200. The second day I got invites because people could see my main rio score. That allowed me to jump multiple dungeon levels quickly.

The things I've seen in <10 and 10s tells a lot about how important raider.io is. I've had a tank in PF+9 go through the dungeon like it's M0, trying to skip all kinds of trash. PLUS NINE. That wasn't a +2 or +4. He went from doing M0s to tanking a +9 with no idea wtf he was doing.
    I've had multiple tanks with no idea about Prideful and that you'd have to do a different kind of route. I had a tank in ToP who did such a shitty route that Pride spawned on the small platform before Kul'tharok right after one of the smaller mobs died. So we had the big Lich dude shooting tornadoes, another mob casting those hard hitting casts that need to be interrupted and a Pride at the same time. And it was Fortified, Sanguine and Quaking week.

Whoever says "rio doesn't matter in the not so high keys" should do a key with low rio players and then try to get into an alt run of people with high rio mains. I guess the problem is that whoever says such a thing won't ever invited into such an alt run and never sees the difference...
    I don't like RIO. Didn't in Legion, definitely not in BFA, and again not here...

HOWEVER

You can SEE the difference in playing with people with a 2400 RIO alt vs someone who is sub 1000. It's like, incredibly hard to deny. We took a 209 mage with a 2800 mainscore to a TOP17 this week and he did more damage than than the 1100 IO peeps at ilvl222+, and way more overall than most sub-1000 people do. At this point, most of the people that are high in M+ are, well, already scored high. I'm not sure I've seen a non-RI'd person come in at this point and be amaz-ing. Maybe they are out there, but people don't want to take the chance since most others are not...

Why? I Couldn't tell ya, and that's just 1 example. I do run a lot of 7s and stuff on alts just to get easy invites, and it's extremely sad to watch -- and these groups die a ton but it's still an easy time. So I don't think it matters too much in these keys.

Or Just play an Ele Shaman and do 8k+ Overall every dungeon. Nerf EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    If I could just queue for a +10 with, say, 1000 M+ score and wait until the queue pops that would actually be great. I would actually re-sub to the game if that happens.
    Yep, and we actually need a better LFG tool. One that lets you actually play the game while queuing. I can't do my daily chores while having one eye sitting on the LFG window to requeue every 10 sec after my 5 request batch has been declined. For a game based around queues and instanced content, the tool that actually lets you access the content is pretty lackluster.

What if I could just specify a key level and automatically appear listed to every key of that same level? Of course approvals and denials would be manually done by the key owner but at least I could keep playing without being annoyed every 10 to 15 seconds.

5+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Play with people only who have it opted out. That would work maybe for lower keys or mythic zero, because none will do it at keystones higher than 15 where experience and gear is required.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    Gear/Score checks are not new to wow. It is better to have an ingame system than searching online what X or Y have killed or equipped. It is more strict now but it`s not like you can`t find a group. As long as you advance, i see no reason to be declined. If you can`t get that score higher then it is not the system fault. I`m not an elite player but my journey was almost solo and from my experience, it was hard at start but now i`m at 219ilvl and 1003 score and i have no problems getting invites to +12. I`m still casual but i don`t think i`ll have problems getting invites to +13 or +14.

I find the score system better than anything as i know what experience that player has specially when addon shows main and alt score. Again i`m casual with only 56+ (10-14 keys)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    What if I could just specify a key level and automatically appear listed to every key of that same level? Of course approvals and denials would be manually done by the key owner but at least I could keep playing without being annoyed every 10 to 15 seconds.
    If approvals and denials are still done manually then you'd be denied even more with such a system. The biggest reason why you get denied is because someone better got accepted. If they make the whole system easier to access then even more players who are better than you (on paper) will queue up and get accepted before you.

That's why people tell others all the time to do your own keys. You don't compete with better players for your group spot that way. And guess what, it takes such a long time to get a tank and heal into your group, that you can actually do your daily chores while forming that group.

R.io has nothing to do with better applicants... not sure why you would think it does ?
    It has everything to do with better applicants. Even in your example, the guy with 10 more rio than you is BETTER than you. Otherwise you would have the bigger score. It's a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats simply not true then . all you know is that he completed 10s once - for all you know he could have been carried .

thats how you end up with 1200 toxic io people know knowsing how basic mechanics work in +13/14 keys,

thats hy toxic io is usless honestly this late in tier.
    "Can" in "could potentially do them, as already did higher keys", not as "he is fully capable of doing 10s easily".

Can't ... I don't get into groups because of... RAIDER.IO.

But it also means an 840 player who can also do the same, but will be turned down over the 850 player. My score is 825 and I can't even get into 5s.

It does... I have yet to even have the opportunity of running a high Spires, so I'm penalised.

And what happens in PVP if you AFK ?
    If someone AFKs - once they flag AFK they are penalised.
    I'm not saying if someone D/C, AFK or quits a few times they get penalised - but some (esp tank/heals) shop around groups and dump heaps of groups. Just want to penalised people who do it a lot.
    Just wow. I get into groups because of raider.io. IOn three alts I do a 10 every week. They have rio of under 500. Lock, feral, frost mage.

The guy with the bigger score is the better player. Face facts. If they are all random and all you have is score which, in your words, that's all there is, then this is a fact. Who cares about the two scrubs that aren't 850. They would be 850 if they were better.

Everyone of your posts is about how the game shits on you. There is a common theme though and that is you. If you can't even do a five at 840 then you are plainly bad at the game. I do 10s now in sub 500 toons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

How is it a problem? This is a legit thing in the gaming world and has been for the last 20 years in any online game.

Either you play with the pace of the good players or you play with the cesspool, unless you have proven yourself in the past and you have an environment decent enough to help you out, aka guild/community/friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any issues with this, anyone who doesn't want info displayed is clearly trying to cover something up so I'd love it if they couldn't even queue for my keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I don't see any issues with this, anyone who doesn't want info displayed is clearly trying to cover something up so I'd love it if they couldn't even queue for my keys.
    But.. they say, that they are good players. They just do not get invites for anything! And all their own keys fail..