Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    it's not super unusual that we recruit people fresh to the game to our guild. if you do your homework, put in the legwork and make some friends it's by no means hard.

but that type of player isn't the one being disadvantaged by these systems.

your average bad or casual player can do something like a +7 just fine, and the system should accommodate that without encouraging other players to judge them for not having done all dungeon at +5 orso before trying a +7.

at those low keylevels, no critical information would be lost if the game just said "this player has done a couple of +7s" instead of "this player has specifically done dungeon a b c at +7, and never done specifically dungeon d e f." (and yes, it's the game telling raid.io that. it's entirely up to blizzard how precise the score is.)
    They cant, someone doing +7 is literally "top of the bads", you are generally looking at the 1-3% of the 99% of "Bad players" of the WoW population.

WoW isnt really "Good" and "Bad" players, the segregation is massive, there is a reason there are people in +15s that are down right terrible, they play a lot, eventually they climb, they get carried by a group on an easy week and many more variables.

Which is why R.io is bad, but its the best thing we have, Blizzard did say in their Blizzcon when they announced this system that it will show multiple variables like "Dungeon completed with these affixes in the past" and some other stuff, if i recall correctly.

There is no good system without multiple algorithms and variables to actually show relevant data, but it cant be created because, who is gonna pay for it etc? You get the point.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if you turn it off, why not just disable the "mythic" difficulty for dungeons for them altogether?
    Better yet, prompt them at login to turn it on, and if they hit 'no', log them out and close the app.

R.io, and the upcoming internal system, is a byproduct of the players.
    The game isn't new and full of wonder with things to figure out; it's all been detailed ad nauseam to the point where it's no longer a game but rather an exercise of 'how quickly can we get this over with?'.
    Since many players want the run to be the smoothest and fastest possible, they use these tools, R.io et al to allow them to hedge their bets on a rando in hopes that they achieve the best run.
    They don't care about anything else because that's just how the group finder works; you are a rental player, effectively an temporary NPC to them, and only a means to an end.
    Maybe if you pull/heal/blow shit up with high levels of skill, you get an invite from a like-skilled player and you build a group, but it's not because of who you are, it's because of the way you press buttons.
    Such is the game, such are these systems.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    Why would you disable it? If you don't care about it, don't look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Theres no real way to quantify that data into something other players can see though is the issue. They are working within the limitations of what can be shown.
    That's the thing, though: that's not true. That's my whole point. Dungeon runs with low rio players were abnormally difficult because nobody knew what to do. And alt runs with players who have a main at 1300+ were super chill and easy because that rio score shows that while those players might not have in-depth class knowledge about their alt, they do have enough dungeon knowledge to just go through it easily.

Raider.io shows experience and dungeon knowledge. And that is the most important aspect about PvE. You don't have to be extremely good with your class. You simply just have to know the content. That's it. That's how you beat raid bosses and that's how you beat M+ dungeons. With experience.

meh i don't care, i only run them with guildies, if i even bother to run them at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rio n score like system are only for PUGs. Pugs hurt and will hurt but with rio pain is a bit lower but not that much especially with all around boost offers >< If you done some content on ur own and got over 1k rio i can bet on you but if u bought boost just to get ur rio high its just sad. I had some exp with boosted ppl. They DO have rio they DO have gear but there is no skill at all. Its so obvious u cant run proper on high keys after boosts and thats really sad and bad. Boosts are cancer for this game for community and toxicity in PUGs.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-04-20 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - you can opt out of arena rating... I can sign up for an arena match with 0 rating.

What I can't do is get into a M+5 even though I can time M+10 to 12s ... because there are so many DPS that they just take the highest scores.
    Prove that you can time the 10/12s, then try again

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    All that would do is change the meta into what class combo has the most optimized and ideal time. In fact it would likely make things WORSE as the meta would become extremely narrow. You cant stop the min max and attempts to try and do so only exasperate the issue.
    ... What? No, it's designed to prevent exactly that. If people start running an enh shaman because it gives a lot of + time, the feedback loop adjusts the meta rating of enh shaman, reducing the + time it gives to have one in the team. That's what a feedback loop is.

Well - you can opt out of arena rating... I can sign up for an arena match with 0 rating.

What I can't do is get into a M+5 even though I can time M+10 to 12s ... because there are so many DPS that they just take the highest scores.
    To be fair, they probably take whoever has the highest ilevel. +5s aren't exactly challenging, and they'd rather just do it fast fast. Also, most of the time I've been "declined" from m+ it's really that they just had 20 other DPS and they probably never saw me. That's what I tell myself anyway .

Edit: As for the OP, it's already been mentioned, but what you're suggesting is like opting out of ilevel. Whether you like it or not, it's a fair thing to look at someone's gear or experience before inviting to the group. Whether you like it or not, it's not going away. You can opt out, but you're still in raider io, so you'll have a score regardless. Unless you purposefully opt yourself out of Raider IO (very few will do that), your character is in there just like it has an ilevel.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

If everyone who got on MMO-C and cried about not being able to get groups because of their IO grouped up and ran keys we wouldn't have these stupid posts every day

Stop trying to join groups and just make your own, it takes me 10 minutes top to fill any key, less if I don't care that much about the results

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    Why are people such babies about this, its literally just a rating system for dungeons, very similar to one for PvP Arenas & Rated BGs have. Like get over it, raider pugs use achives - AoTC for heroic or said boss for mythics, PvP uses rating, its good that M+ has its own rating in game and not depending on 3rd party sites (Raidbots is already filling that void). For ex: If you are 1200 yeah you wont be invited to a grp of players who are 1500 and want the same and that is O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    If everyone who got on MMO-C and cried about not being able to get groups because of their IO grouped up and ran keys we wouldn't have these stupid posts every day

Stop trying to join groups and just make your own, it takes me 10 minutes top to fill any key, less if I don't care that much about the results
    Exactly. But none of them wants to be the one to press the "create group" button...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    Why are people such babies about this, its literally just a rating system for dungeons, very similar to one for PvP Arenas & Rated BGs have. Like get over it, raider pugs use achives - AoTC for heroic or said boss for mythics, PvP uses rating, its good that M+ has its own rating in game and not depending on 3rd party sites (Raidbots is already filling that void). For ex: If you are 1200 yeah you wont be invited to a grp of players who are 1500 and want the same and that is O.K.
    Talking to people and making friends is too hard. So is reading a quick guide or watching a video. Please carry me now.

But thats like hard and ppl are big meanies and might say bad things

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one would never choose to run with people that decide not to disclose their ilvl/score/exp. I cannot think of any reason to opt out of the system apart from wasting a colossal amount of time with subpar players. And the few people using it would be all dpses because tanks and healers are in high enough demand that they can afford to get invited to keys slightly higher than their actual score.

The current system is pretty stupid, yes, but this doesn't sound like an alternative. It sounds like something that would be dead at the start

I mean I guess? But rather than opt out, make an option for listing groups that says "I don't care about score" and something to filter out those groups. And for those grps, the score is not visible.
    There is no need for a full on separation. Maybe one day you feel like playing without and some other day you do.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2021-04-20 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't ... I don't get into groups because of... RAIDER.IO.
    Run your own key, or ask your friends/guild

But it also means an 840 player who can also do the same, but will be turned down over the 850 player. My score is 825 and I can't even get into 5s.
    Run your own key, or ask your friends/guild

It does... I have yet to even have the opportunity of running a high Spires, so I'm penalised.
    Run your own key until you get a spires, or ask your friends/guild

And what happens in PVP if you AFK ?
    If someone AFKs - once they flag AFK they are penalised.
    go afk. Every 4 minutes tab back in, tap w, tab back out.
    AFK without being logged as afk

I'm not saying if someone D/C, AFK or quits a few times they get penalised - but some (esp tank/heals) shop around groups and dump heaps of groups. Just want to penalised people who do it a lot.
    And then what if they just go afk instead?
    There's no way to find all the people who are malicious without also including innocent people

The more I read these threads and several of the people posting in them, the sadder I get.

Not about the game, but because they are so incredibly toxic and lack even the most basic, fundamental social skills that they can't actually find like-minded people to play with in the game. Instead, they have to rely entirely on PUGging, with a pointless score telling them who's "good" and who's "bad." Because even when they do find "good" players, they don't want anything to do with them after the run is done.

Sure, they like to pipe in that they're actually in a guild, don't ever run PUGs (which is particularly perplexing giving how much they rant about how awesome this sort of thing is when it exists purely for PUGging), and/or their guilds/friends just aren't as good as they are but they stay with them out of friendship. But reading between the lines, it just becomes so painfully apparently how miserable their gaming experience actually is.

Imagine playing a highly social game without actually partaking in the social aspect of it. Dreadful.

But, hey, MMO-Champion is the most echoey chamber of echo chambers for them, so much so that the moderators let them directly call people "worthless shits" and "trash" without consequence, and thus they get to convince themselves that they're actually right and everyone else is wrong. But a hint of sarcasm from someone who disagrees with them gets you a ban. I guess they know their audience here.

(And then they all wonder why people keep calling them toxic to boot...)
    Last edited by Something Wicked; 2021-04-20 at 03:00 PM.

yeah and just reroll tank or healer while you're at it!

groups made by reluctant/uncomfortable leaders aren't really a recipe for success, more so when it's non trivial content.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    The more I read these threads and several of the people posting in them, the sadder I get.

Not about the game, but because they are so incredibly toxic and lack even the most basic, fundamental social skills that they can't actually find like-minded people to play with in the game. Instead, they have to rely entirely on PUGging, with a pointless score telling them who's "good" and who's "bad." Because even when they do find "good" players, they don't want anything to do with them after the run is done.

Sure, they like to pipe in that they're actually in a guild, don't ever run PUGs, and/or their guilds/friends just aren't as good as they are but they stay with them out of friendship. But reading between the lines, it just becomes so painfully apparently how miserable their gaming experience actually is.

Imagine playing a highly social game without actually partaking in the social aspect of it. Dreadful.

But, hey, MMO-Champion is the most echoey chamber of echo chambers for them, so much so that the moderators let them directly call people "worthless shits" and "trash" without consequence, but a hint of sarcasm gets you a ban. I guess they know their audience.

(And then they all wonder why people keep calling them toxic to boot...)
    You are in every single thread being toxic lol. Believe it or not, it's not hard at all to only pug and play without toxic groups. I run 14/15s every single week for vault and I cannot remember the last time I've had a toxic run. Its been months since I've seen someone be rude in chat. Much less someone that slings out insults like you do. When ppl know how to play, the run goes smoothly, and everyone is happy. Ppl are more forgiving of the occasional mistake than you would think. But I'm starting to doubt that you have ever pugged recently, or even play the game.

The only one missing social skills is you. I think meeting new ppl to play with every single day is pretty social lol. Your posts reek of condescending attitude