Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Thumbs down Ex-players cheering for the game to fail.

Jesus. Never seen anything so sad in my life. These individuals want the game to be "punished" for some perceived insult against them, which largely revolves around gameplay being modified in a way they dislike. No thought or consideration, just a "my way or the high way" bullcrap attitude. You point this out and they'll accuse you of being a "fanboy" who licks Blizzard's boots. Wow, how original.

The game is flawed. The game doesn't receive as much development input as it needs. But if your "criticism" is nothing more than some burning desire to see the game completely crash and burn along with everyone who plays it...then that's not healthy.

Ultimately, why are you even here. #TouchGrass.

Well, you see, for these players it's just as easy as Blizzard re-releasing {insert favorite expansion here} and all of the game's current issues will vanish. The fact that Blizzard doesn't just re-release previously successful expansions based entirely on an arbitrary opinion of one single players' experience is the real reason WoW is failing. If Blizzard really wanted the game to be successful, they'd just allow millions of versions of it to exist so that every unique player can get the exact experience they desire from it.

people cant learn if they are surround by nothing but an echo chamber of praise.

failure always people to learn from mistakes.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    people cant learn if they are surround by nothing but an echo chamber of praise.

failure always people to learn from mistakes.
    Yes, as evidenced by this forum's favorite takes: "Blizzard you're a bunch of fucking retards. Everything you do is wrong. DAE shareholders??? DAE BOBBY KOTICK'S YACHT???"

Clearly Blizzard has a lot to learn from this constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Jesus. Never seen anything so sad in my life. These individuals want the game to be "punished" for some perceived insult against them, which largely revolves around gameplay being modified in a way they dislike. No thought or consideration, just a "my way or the high way" bullcrap attitude. You point this out and they'll accuse you of being a "fanboy" who licks Blizzard's boots. Wow, how original.

The game is flawed. The game doesn't receive as much development input as it needs. But if your "criticism" is nothing more than some burning desire to see the game completely crash and burn along with everyone who plays it...then that's not healthy.

Ultimately, why are you even here. #TouchGrass.
    As Blizzard understand money language only, then only game's fail may make them improve it. Whole world works this way now. Why bother, if people pay anyway? Why work according to "customer is always right", if enough people pay, even if it isn't beneficial for them? Just make sh*t and sell it ASAP!!!

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game receives plenty of development input, it is the input being ignored that leads to players being pissed off and some wanting to see the game fail. I'm in the category of "pissed off by shit design; I want them to fix said design because I'd like the game to be good".

Also for the sake of everyone, they need to stop having Ion do any interviews. His legalistic wording and defense of systems that are largely hated does nothing but further alienate the community by insulting their intelligence. They need to hire a proper CM team again and have them handle player engagement on the forums, because Ion is just stirring shit every time he opens his mouth and to say absolutely nothing while speaking for 5 minutes. 7 paragraphs of text that amount to "yeah, that was a poor design choice" is quite irritating, especially when players had been vocally pointing out for months that it was a poor design choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    As Blizzard understand money language only, then only game's fail may make them improve it. Whole world works this way now. Why bother, if people pay anyway? Why work according to "customer is always right", if enough people pay, even if it isn't beneficial for them? Just make sh*t and sell it ASAP!!!
    Except the player base is far from unified on just about every topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Also for the sake of everyone, they need to stop having Ion do any interviews. His legalistic wording and defense of systems that are largely hated does nothing but further alienate the community by insulting their intelligence. They need to hire a proper CM team again and have them handle player engagement on the forums, because Ion is just stirring shit every time he opens his mouth and to say absolutely nothing while speaking for 5 minutes. 7 paragraphs of text that amount to "yeah, that was a poor design choice" is quite irritating, especially when players had been vocally pointing out for months that it was a poor design choice.
    I'd say the same for the lore team. I feel like at least half of what the lore forums complains about is from an interiview and not what is actually shown in game.

Man, we've had people screaming for Blizzard's failure since Warcraft 3 when we actually had dedicated forums. That's the thing about doomsday cults you only have to be right once.

Cool but why post from a burner account?

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    If people continue to buy what they consider a shitty product then yes, that is absolutely indicative of a problem with the people buying the product than the people selling it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Except the player base is far from unified on just about every topic.
    Players: Game sux
    Blizzard: What sux about it?
    Players: Everything
    Blizzard: ...
    Players: Fix everything pls

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Never seen anything so sad in my life.
    Nah, what's more sad is recurring posts complaining about complainers. Seems that never goes away.

Time for some /popcorn. This is gonna go places.

I am personally cheering for Blizzard-Activision to fail, I always hated the merge and it's obvious that it wasn't healthy for Blizzard or their games
    Fuck Activision

At the risk of sounding elitist... insensitive... etc. I think that most (not all, but most) of the issues that I read here on MMOC can be corrected by people taking a different approach to how they play this game. 3 simple words... Join a guild.

"Shadowlands sucks, I spend 11 hours in M+ queue a day"
    Join a guild that does M+

"There's so social aspect anymore. People hearth as soon as the raid/dungeon boss is dead"
    Join a guild where people talk/socialize

"The requirements for group finder are so steep. People want me to link 5 mythic kills for Heroic Sire"
    Join a guild that raids heroic CN.

I'm not saying that WoW isn't riddled with issues... it is. But if your issues are similar to the above, I would argue that you can fix them yourself without relying on Blizzard. Without joining a guild, WoW is a much much much worse video game. I tried it myself just to see, and I hated.

I know this doesn't cover all of what you are talking about OP, but to those who dropped Shadowlands for reasons similar to the ones I listed, I think if they came back and changed their approach, there is fun to be had here. Pugging anything < Running with Guild.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    I am personally cheering for Blizzard-Activision to fail, I always hated the merge and it's obvious that it wasn't healthy for Blizzard or their games
    Fuck Activision
    I actually think it's kind of hilarious that they're blaming Activision instead of blaming Blizzard. I've been playing Blizzard games since WarCraft 2 and a lot of the same complaints that people make now in 2021 (Greedy, out of touch, balance like shit, releasing unfinished / poorly tested stuff, catering the super casual mobile gamers, etc) are the same complaints that they were making back in 1995, and especially in 1998 with the release of StarCraft. When StarCraft first came out it got absolutely shit on by WarCraft 2 players.

The pattern is really that Blizzard releases something, it sells amazingly well, the community absolutely dogs it, but a decade later people are still playing it. Even D3 which had an awful launch and was hated on immensely is full of life every 4 months or so with each new season while Blizzard puts in barely any effort. It's 8 years old now. Roughly the same position that D2 was in 8 years after it's release. When WoW first came out everyone that was playing any of the MMOs at the time called it casual trash, baby's first MMO, etc and look where we are over a decade and a half later. This is just the way that Blizzard has always been.

The problem is Blizzard, not Activision, but I do understand the desire that people have to give Blizzard a free pass and place the blame squarely on the shoulders of their corporate overlords or whatever. If a problem exists it's this: A lot of the people at the top over Blizzard (who are now leaving, thankfully?) are older gamers that still believe that they are the target audience and don't understand newer gamers. I'm personally excited to see what new leadership will bring, what new blood in the company will bring, and I'm curious to see what it would look like if Activision took the reins a little more than they have over the past decade.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Cant wait until all the posts about the hay-days of Shadowlands 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The game receives plenty of development input, it is the input being ignored that leads to players being pissed off and some wanting to see the game fail. I'm in the category of "pissed off by shit design; I want them to fix said design because I'd like the game to be good".
    Because the majority of feedback has the form of "I DONT LIKE THIS BLIZZARD", and when asked "What dont you like about it?", "I dont know lol, i havent played in 5 years, lul fucking nerds".

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    snip.
    Nah, dont you get it man, they are paying 13e/month, everything must be handed to them ready and on a silver platter, and everyone that doesnt meet their IRL requirements/timetable means they are a no lifer that must carry them because 13 years ago in TBC, they had this awesome friendly non-toxic full of millionaires with 12 kids and 2 yachts each,guild that cleared Karazhan in October 2008.

What is this guild requirement you are talking about? Other people are doing it, means i can do it also, what do you mean they are actually good at the game, why are you being toxic, isnt my Wailing Caverns, dungeon experience in WoW Classic proof that i can finish a +15, it only took us 12 hours to clear it.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-04-20 at 07:13 PM.

WoW definitely has a very large hate club of ex-players. More so than any other game probably. The reason is probably that people get very invested in WoW and then when the game is not developed according to their wishes they can't deal with it mentally and have to take it out somewhere.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It is honestly sad how many people on here hang around like a bitter ex trying to get alimony checks, only to trash each and everything that blizzard does. If they truly want blizzard to fail, or are truly done with the game, then move on. Leave the game, the community completely so it gets smaller, so blizzard has to make changes or no one will be left. Continuing to hang around and capslock shit post everything blizzard is helpful to no one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Burner account is upset he lost an argument on the internet and needs to vent thread? Now this is a new one!