Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I'd say the same for the lore team. I feel like at least half of what the lore forums complains about is from an interiview and not what is actually shown in game.
    The problem arises because half of the time, what they say in interviews goes directly against what you see in-game, or are such wild, poorly thought statements ("one Legion across all different timelines", anyone?) that you can't help but to think WTF was the guy thinking when he said that in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this hate and desire for things to burn either. I quit back in early Legion, and I still am not hoping that WoW will fail, even if I never intend to play it ever again. Just petty idiots and losers being petty and mad. I just hang around a bit to see what's happening... I wouldn't really consider them worth noticing, let alone making a thread over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    WoW definitely has a very large hate club of ex-players. More so than any other game probably. The reason is probably that people get very invested in WoW and then when the game is not developed according to their wishes they can't deal with it mentally and have to take it out somewhere.
    Sometimes I feel "problem" is that game is developing at all. They sit unhealthy amount of time to catch pixels, then they doesn't have that time/passion anymore, but game is moving on and no one gives a shit about their past achievements.

And people with inflated ego that still have this time to play game (so mostly streamers) get this awful habit "this is how things should be run, Blizzard is so stupid nowadays" like they know how to run game cause they play it 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The problem arises because half of the time, what they say in interviews goes directly against what you see in-game, or are such wild, poorly thought statements ("one Legion across all different timelines", anyone?) that you can't help but to think WTF was the guy thinking when he said that in public.
    WoW is a video game where you slay internet dragons for imaginary loot. The countless red shirt guys on this forum pushing their glasses onto their noses and saying "WELL ACKTSHUALLY..." are not the crowd that their outward facing press junkets are designed to be targeted at.

I mean its internet 101 these days.. if "you" don't like it then it must burn because the universe has only one purpose and that is to serve "you". Usually comes from people that need the government or their parents to help pay their bills to keep that one bedroom flat dream alive. Not to much to worry about to be honest.

Well what do you expect from players that played this game for 15+ years when they feel shat on? (but you could always quit if you don't like the game waaah).., well it's not that simple is it? WoW is like a 10+ year relationship where you have the good mixed with the bad but you are always on the edge but can't make up your mind (P.S. I do feel they dropped the ball on Shadowlands, TBC ftw)

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Well what do you expect from players that played this game for 15+ years when they feel shat on? (but you could always quit if you don't like the game waaah).., well it's not that simple is it? WoW is like a 10+ year relationship where you have the good mixed with the bad but you are always on the edge but can't make up your mind (P.S. I do feel they dropped the ball on Shadowlands, TBC ftw)
    Thanks for unironically proving my first post in this thread correct I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    I am personally cheering for Blizzard-Activision to fail, I always hated the merge and it's obvious that it wasn't healthy for Blizzard or their games
    Fuck Activision
    Blizzard has been underpaying staff from before Activision it was only a matter of time before that would effect the games.

We've been over this already. I am the protagonist of reality. If i like things, they should exist, if i dislike things, they shouldn't exist. If a thing is good or bad is solely up to my discretion. I am the arbitrator of objective quality. I am right, and you can only be right by agreeing with me. I am based, and you are not.

This is the exact same arguement battered spouses give why they stay with the person literally beating the shit out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    This is the exact same arguement battered spouses give why they stay with the person literally beating the shit out of them
    I mean tbh I've lurked these forums since before I quit during the end of WoD, and watched these forums for years until I came back for SL briefly (no i didn't quit again due to distaste for the game, just got stuck in a scenario where i needed to find a whole new guild for my current life's schedule). When you're so used to checking them for years, its honestly weird not checking them on occasion.

The ones who seem to take blizzard's actions personally though definitely need to check their priorities though.

I have absolutely no problem admitting that I enjoy seeing people who have upset me fail. I don't care if it's childish, spite feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Jesus. Never seen anything so sad in my life. These individuals want the game to be "punished" for some perceived insult against them, which largely revolves around gameplay being modified in a way they dislike. No thought or consideration, just a "my way or the high way" bullcrap attitude. You point this out and they'll accuse you of being a "fanboy" who licks Blizzard's boots. Wow, how original.

The game is flawed. The game doesn't receive as much development input as it needs. But if your "criticism" is nothing more than some burning desire to see the game completely crash and burn along with everyone who plays it...then that's not healthy.

Ultimately, why are you even here. #TouchGrass.
    i don't want the game to fail. i want it to thrive. the issue is it will never thrive under current management. so if the game needs to fail to finally get new management, great. if wow ends up dying because of the fail, that would be incredibly sad but i'd rather have wow remembered for when it was good and fun and not the mess it is now. i.e. i'd rather the game die right this instant than see it destroyed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i don't want the game to fail. i want it to thrive. the issue is it will never thrive under current management. so if the game needs to fail to finally get new management, great. if wow ends up dying because of the fail, that would be incredibly sad but i'd rather have wow remembered for when it was good and fun and not the mess it is now. i.e. i'd rather the game die right this instant than see it destroyed anymore.
    Who's to say the game isn't thriving right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have indicated, Blizzard's in an impossible situation in terms of making the playerbase happy, because the playerbase itself is so diverse. I've played since basically the beginning (started about a month after launch) and I'm fine with the way the game has evolved. As long as dungeons and raids are done well, I'm happy. I like the focus on more competitive gameplay. I'm not the best player but gaming is fun to me when I have a challenge to overcome or when I can find ways to push myself.

Now if pvp or good traditional rpg storytelling is your thing, I don't know why you'd stick around for this game. It seems that other games do it much better. I don't know that either of these things were ever the strong point of WoW to begin with, so being agitated about something getting worse that was never good to begin with seems fruitless.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Who's to say the game isn't thriving right now?
    the massive lose of subs a few months after the expac comes out starting in wod. people only unsub when they don't have content. this means people don't think there is enough meaningful content outside of end game. notice how vanilla, tbc, wrath, and cata (to an extent. cata started the whole nerfing entire raid tiers) didn't lose massive amounts of players in a short time frame? if blizz can't even keep a steady amount of players, the game isn't thriving.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well what do you expect from players that played this game for 15+ years when they feel shat on? (but you could always quit if you don't like the game waaah).., well it's not that simple is it?
    It is as simple as quitting. It is entertainment. If you don't enjoy it then stop playing. There is no reason to keep trashing it like many people do even if you felt betrayed by the developers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yes, as evidenced by this forum's favorite takes: "Blizzard you're a bunch of fucking retards. Everything you do is wrong. DAE shareholders??? DAE BOBBY KOTICK'S YACHT???"

Clearly Blizzard has a lot to learn from this constructive criticism.
    you are generalizing way too much.
    also blizzard ignores all feedback even constructive. they only care about money. they have a lawyer in charge of WoW who is pro mythic and hates alts. that should say a lot.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    the massive lose of subs a few months after the expac comes out starting in wod.
    That isn't an indication of thriving or not though. The game is working on its 17th year now. There are millions of ex-players that likely come back and try an expansion to see some of the new content and quit. You always have that launch surge with any game and there are many that likely treat it as any other non-mmo game where they play for a few weeks then it gets forgotten.

Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK was also 15 years ago. The game came out at the right place and time. There are a lot more options now a days with a lot more popular genres then an MMO. It is why games like Fortnight, Apex, etc can become overnight superstars. Right design in the right place at the right time.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

the massive lose of subs a few months after the expac comes out starting in wod. people only unsub when they don't have content. this means people don't think there is enough meaningful content outside of end game. notice how vanilla, tbc, wrath, and cata (to an extent. cata started the whole nerfing entire raid tiers) didn't lose massive amounts of players in a short time frame? if blizz can't even keep a steady amount of players, the game isn't thriving.
    Oh, Blizzard stopped releasing their subscriber numbers yet you somehow still have access to them. Care to share your source?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    you are generalizing way too much.
    also blizzard ignores all feedback even constructive. they only care about money. they have a lawyer in charge of WoW who is pro mythic and hates alts. that should say a lot.
    When "ignoring feedback" simply means "not doing exactly what I think is best," it's hard to process that take seriously.