Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Normally I would agree, and I actually agree in Jeff's case, but Blizzard always has big projects going on; there is never a time a person leaves when there isn't some behind the scenes project in the works.
    Or maybe because the game is not going to be so great...

Regardless of how long someone has been employed by a company, people don’t typically leave if they are happy with the way things are going. This is happening far too often at Blizzard to be a “nothing burger”.

When he announced OW2, I stop following him. What a money grab move...

Good to know that the good part of the OG Blizzard is leaving the shitshow that it is Activision

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    I guess I should specify when you're the head developer. Haha.

Like I wouldn't even doomsay if he was leaving say, a few months after OW2 dropped. But the fact that he's leaving while they're in development + he was talking previously about his excitement for it...says a lot to me.
    I agree with you, it's odd that Kaplan would leave at a critical time for OW2. But this is the first time out of all the devs leaving that it's been a bit more suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Or maybe because the game is not going to be so great...
    OW itself hasn't been all that great since Season 5 or so, OW2 is just single player OW so it was always just going to be worse than the current game.

I love how people act when someone decides to change jobs. Like... Do everyone in your life stay at the same job forever? No one I know have worked at the same place their entire life. 19 years is a long time and just proves how much he wanted to stay for so long, not the opposite,.

Happy to see blizzard crumbling and genuinely excited to see what dreamhaven comes up with

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    God im excited for dreamhaven
    I certainly look forward to seeing it crash and burn like the other over dozen other companies either formed by, or headed by, "blizzard veterans" over the last two decades.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Actually it's super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Doesn't really matter if you're a vp and game director if the company itself is nothing but a soulless moneyleeching husk of what it once was. People are leaving left and right, and most likely not to head up their own studios, just to studios worth working at.
    stuidios worth working at are tight

10+ Year Old Account
    Bye Tigole and thanks for the wonderful games. Hope you continue making more wonderful games in future.

So now only Kalgan is left.
    Last edited by Fayenoor; 2021-04-20 at 07:58 PM.

I’m just curious when the forums think someone is “allowed” to leave a company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, the community was very fond of him.
    It is very very hard to be not fond of Tigole. He was extremely passionate about his work and really cared about the game and gamers like. He is a gamers' game developer. He will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Actually it's super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Doesn't really matter if you're a vp and game director if the company itself is nothing but a soulless moneyleeching husk of what it once was. People are leaving left and right, and most likely not to head up their own studios, just to studios worth working at.
    Oh heading up your own studio is tight.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

3+ Year Old Account
    I was barely 1/2 years old when he startyed working there. I'm 21 now. So, that's a fairly long time to work somewhere and want to quit

Does no one just leave anymore? Now I see where some gamers get it from.

7+ Year Old Account
    i like his quote "never accept the world as it appears to be. always dare to see it for what it could be. i hope you do the same. ", when you say that after leaving a long time life job, in the middle a project that you head, seems like he mean something.

not accepting what blizzard is now, and raring to see something different? mayhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    These days Activistion is worse than EA... almost killing Bungie, seemingly killing blizzard, hyper focused on mobile market, does everything it can to avoid controversy/legal issues with micro transactions. EA is a scummy company no doubt... But they have given their child companies at least some leeway in developing games while idk what is going on with Acti-Blizz.
    100% true. The "greedy game dev" memes being all about EA is a bit off given how horrendously bad Actiblizzion is. EA is greedy, we all know that, but like you said they've given their studios space in some areas. Jedi: Fallen Order is a good example of a game from them that wasn't destroyed by greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    When he announced OW2, I stop following him. What a money grab move...
    Do you honestly believe it was his decision to make ow2? Seriously get a grip
    Last edited by tikcol; 2021-04-20 at 08:33 PM.

everyone is jumpimg off the boat before it finish sinking lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really surprised by these announcements anymore. Blizzard is a vastly different company from how it started off as, with the last couple of years really hammering in this fact with the sheer amount of people from the old guard leaving. Old Blizzard officially died back in 2018 as far as I'm concerned and there are way too many coincidences that Blizzard staff like Jeff Kaplan decide to leave, especially when he in particular was the lead for a project that is heavily in development, Overwatch 2.

It is very rarely a good sign when leadership decides to jump ship in the middle of production. The game can still turn out pretty well, but I seriously doubt that the people working over at Blizzard are having the time of their lives with news like this popping up basically every year now.