Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Or no games. You do understand what "I want to see it burn" means right?
    I have faith in dreamhaven, if they fail I still have other games to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    I have seen a lot of feedback from Betas(like multiple paragraphs) that were simple solutions to fix issues go ignored.
    And once again, you're attributing ignorance to something you simply have no fucking frame of reference for. A bug might be caused by something that's not easy to fix so you'll get the idea that they're "ignoring feedback" when the more likely answer is that it isn't as simple as players often suggest.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think people literally want tohe game to die. Just to fail so hard that those calling the shots realize that maybe Ion's raid or die + borrowed power approach is not working.
    They don't think the game is going the right direction and they want a FFXIV style redemption arc. Nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the massive lose of subs a few months after the expac comes out starting in wod. people only unsub when they don't have content. this means people don't think there is enough meaningful content outside of end game. notice how vanilla, tbc, wrath, and cata (to an extent. cata started the whole nerfing entire raid tiers) didn't lose massive amounts of players in a short time frame? if blizz can't even keep a steady amount of players, the game isn't thriving.
    Uh, no. I unsubbed many times when I played, some from frustration and/or boredom like in Vanilla's ending months (I didn't know about TBC at the time, I was noob >_>) and the final time in early Legion, and most of the memorable unsubs were due to health issues. I am sure there are many other reasons people unsub other than "there's no content."
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

15+ Year Old Account
    he was better as a raid designer and not someone in charge of WoW.
    yes people bring up his lawyer back ground because of the way he handles interviews and Q&As. he talks around things like a lawyer.
    Talking around things has nothing to do with his job performance though. It is just looking for a reason to make a person a scapegoat and a focus for all the hatred or dislike. That is irrational.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    I have faith in dreamhaven, if they fail I still have other games to fall back on.
    They need to make a game first.

15+ Year Old Account
    you know there is different teams right. Ion was part of the raid team(one aspect of many) until he became in charge of all of WoW.
    He was the assistant game director for a little bit as well. But even then being a lead for encounters or a senior designer means you have more weight then lower level ones. That is the problem when you put one person as a target rather then the entire team or company. Blizzard is to blame for Blizzard and it rarely has been one person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    Dreamhaven isn't Blizzard though. And having other companies games to play is irrelevant to your statement saying Blizzard needs to fail so they can make good games again.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    You mean the core audience in your eyes lmao, these forums are such a joke, they try so hard to claim that their opinion and vision of the game is somehow a fact, what a meme.
    Having 900 posts in a joke forum, then procede to invalidate someones statement by saying "your arguments are just your feelings, bro. nobody else thinks like you."
    Yep, mmo-champion in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Having 900 posts in a joke forum, then procede to invalidate someones statement by saying "your arguments are just your feelings, bro. nobody else thinks like you."
    To be fair, you took a post where I was being very intentionally satirical and responded to it as if you had unequivocally solved all of the game's issues by suggesting Blizzard just re-release MoP because, like, you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    There are some people with genuinely good takes worth of discussion, ill let you figure out if you are worth or not, specially when you somehow figured out the core audience blizz should cater to (Hint: as always, the core audience of wow is the one that matches the poster preference, hence a meme).

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Jesus. Never seen anything so sad in my life. These individuals want the game to be "punished" for some perceived insult against them, which largely revolves around gameplay being modified in a way they dislike. No thought or consideration, just a "my way or the high way" bullcrap attitude. You point this out and they'll accuse you of being a "fanboy" who licks Blizzard's boots. Wow, how original.

The game is flawed. The game doesn't receive as much development input as it needs. But if your "criticism" is nothing more than some burning desire to see the game completely crash and burn along with everyone who plays it...then that's not healthy.

Ultimately, why are you even here. #TouchGrass.
    I usually attribute to them leaving and thinking their game of choice will collapse when they leave because of how important they are. And sometimes these same people did it publicly like on the official forums or here.

And it doesn't. Blizzard has the biggest ex-player fanbase I've ever seen that does nothing except whine about Blizzard games they claim to not play.

I'm expecting incoming "suck it, Blizz fanboi!!1!" responses and I urge these people to read my sig.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Jesus. Never seen anything so sad in my life. These individuals want the game to be "punished" for some perceived insult against them, which largely revolves around gameplay being modified in a way they dislike. No thought or consideration, just a "my way or the high way" bullcrap attitude. You point this out and they'll accuse you of being a "fanboy" who licks Blizzard's boots. Wow, how original.

The game is flawed. The game doesn't receive as much development input as it needs. But if your "criticism" is nothing more than some burning desire to see the game completely crash and burn along with everyone who plays it...then that's not healthy.

Ultimately, why are you even here. #TouchGrass.
    As much as I love reply to a new account.

While I don't want to see wow fail. I don't think it would be a bad thing. Wow is bland, blaise, it's the vanilla ice cream flavor in baskin robins. It's comfortable, familiar.

A great many MMO's have tried to emulate that vanilla-esque quality of it. Becoming shittier versions of vanilla. Rather than attempting to innovate and become something truly interesting. Investors, shareholders, and developers want to capture wow's success rather than making their own. That alone has quite literally killed the MMO market.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    As much as I love reply to a new account.

While I don't want to see wow fail. I don't think it would be a bad thing. Wow is bland, blaise, it's the vanilla ice cream flavor in baskin robins. It's comfortable, familiar.

A great many MMO's have tried to emulate that vanilla-esque quality of it. Becoming shittier versions of vanilla. Rather than attempting to innovate and become something truly interesting. Investors, shareholders, and developers want to capture wow's success rather than making their own. That alone has quite literally killed the MMO market.
    Hopefully Dreamhaven will come in and create a new MMO that appeals to every single human being that has ever played a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Hopefully Dreamhaven will come in and create a new MMO that appeals to every single human being that has ever played a video game.
    I'd settle for an MMO that doesn't try to be another MMO with a mask on.

Ex-partner syndrome at work.

They've fallen out of love for X reasons. They are however unable to move on and the thought of others loving what they once did now that they don't, makes them livid. So they spend hours of every day just shit-talking their "ex" in the hopes that someone will have his opinions colored by theirs.

It's quite fascinating, really. I think it's a testament to how important this game becomes to many people. It's just that some of them, as is always the case in the general population, develop an unhealthy attitude and just can't move along when it "ends", so to speak.

My favourite is them saying that the game is akin to being served "shit sandwiches". As if there wasn't always some unoriginal guy of a similar attitude saying the exact same thing about the game during its entire lifetime.

If someone was serving me objective shit sandwiches, I'd run away and never return. I wouldn't spend hours every day telling the guy behind the counter how to improve the shit sandwich until it became pallatable enough for me. Lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oh they will.

My theoretical boyfriend's cousin twice removed's dog walker works over there and they don't care AT ALL about money and will reinvent the market as we know it.

Trust me.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-04-20 at 09:31 PM.

I'd settle for an MMO that doesn't try to be another MMO with a mask on.
    What about a MMO disguised as another MMO playing an MMO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not really WoW's fault that competing products try to emulate (or outright plagiarize) whatever seems to be working in the market. WoW's possible failure won't stop it, either; because it *was* successful some developers will still think it can be again in another form. Huge IP's overshadowing the market and creating an endless panoply of clones isn't unique to WoW either. I remember back when every FPS released in the early 90's was a "Doom clone," including games that innovated hugely. Then FPS games became "Quake clones" in the 3D era, a fate even a groundbreaking game like Half Life suffered in its early days. And yeah, there were a lot of true clones with almost zero innovative thought behind them, both then and now. But WoW isn't really preventing innovation, just like Doom and Quake didn't stop innovation back in their days - trying to make a quick buck is the fault of cowardly developers and/or publishers, not the flagship IP of the era.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

WoW is holding the majority of the MMO playerbase hostage due to addiction, time committed, nostalgia. The fact of the matter is WoW is not a good game anymore. MMORPGs in general will be in a better spot if WoW just disappears and those players support other games/projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    WoW is holding the majority of the MMO playerbase hostage due to addiction, time committed, nostalgia. The fact of the matter is WoW is not a good game anymore. MMORPGs in general will be in a better spot if WoW just disappears and those players support other games/projects.
    Agreed. Perhaps Blizzard can invest some of their billions of profits into creating a WoW patch that helps players quit the game in low, easily digestible dosages?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    A whole host of people must've died and left you the authority on subjective opinion.

What a tragedy.

Nah, Ex-partner syndrome rears its ugly head, again.