10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You forgot to explain why anyone should care given that your feelings are quite clearly divorced from reality, however.
    Divorced how? I don’t think I’ve said anything “outside reality”. I know what happened today, and despite disagreeing with the verdict, what happened happened. I can only hope things turn out differently next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoswald View Post
    Divorced how? I don’t think I’ve said anything “outside reality”.
    I can only hope things turn out differently next time.
    Any mindset resulting in actively hoping the next cop that murders someone gets acquitted is divorced from reality, sweaty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Those are certainly some unique facial expressions.

Seems like a win to me. It's fair enough to be concerned about the long-term outcomes, but it's still a win. What's the alternative? Accelerationism?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wonder what boot tastes like sometimes. Some folks really seem to enjoy the taste.
    It's a combination of people that never grew out of their bully phase in school and people that were bullied in school but never outgrew the desire to be the bully for a change, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pigs eat shit

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    As happy as I am, it doesn't mean shit without reform or even sentencing.

Police were just kicking the asses of protesters last night. There's going to be police and 2A types looking to cause trouble. This is just a time out.
    time out for 2A types? There'll be a mass shooting in an hour somewhere they'll be cheering along with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Any mindset resulting in actively hoping the next cop that murders someone gets acquitted is divorced from reality, sweaty.
    I don’t want another murder. I want this dangerous precedent to stop before it spirals further. It’s clear what happened today empowers the wrong people, and we have politicians and the media making it worse.

Besides, you don’t hear Jews whining about WW2 or the Japanese bawling about the atomic bomb, nor Vietnamese screaming like kids over agent orange anymore.

I don’t want another murder. I want this dangerous precedent to stop before it spirals further. It’s clear what happened today empowers the wrong people, and we have politicians and the media making it worse.
    Holding cops accountable is a dangerous precedent? Weird.

Who are the "wrong people" being empowered?

Besides, you don’t hear Jews whining about WW2 or the Japanese bawling about the atomic bomb, nor Vietnamese screaming like kids over agent orange anymore.
    Uh...yeah, you do. Though Germany isn't still engaged in the Holocaust, we're not still dropping atomic bombs on Japan, nor agent orange on Vietnam.

Cops in the US, however, are still murdering people of color.

Reading the meltdown on r/conservatives. It's honestly hilarious to see where their stances land, given how they have to be for the exact opposite of everything to the left.

Cop sits on another guy's throat for 9 minutes until he dies, and here they are, hoping the cop gets off scot-free and isn't held accountable for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Reading the meltdown on r/conservatives. It's honestly hilarious to see where their stances land, given how they have to be for the exact opposite of everything to the left.
    Literally that's what American conservatism has devolved to. It's a party of reactionaries, little more.

how to tell others you have never talked to a Jewish person, or a Japanese person, or a Vietnamese person in your entire life without just saying as much.

10+ Year Old Account

Punishing cops that useillegal and / or harmful tactics that result in the death of people is not empowering the "wrong people".

Also, People still tlak about WW@ and Agent Ornage so I have no fucking clue what you're trying to get here rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holding cops accountable is a dangerous precedent? Weird.

Who are the "wrong people" being empowered?

Uh...yeah, you do. Though Germany isn't still engaged in the Holocaust, we're not still dropping atomic bombs on Japan, nor agent orange on Vietnam.

Cops in the US, however, are still murdering people of color.
    The very same people who advocate murder. On both sides.

Yeah, and? They kill people daily; white, black, Asian, etc. Why divide and polarize the country further with an unnecessary martyr?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post

Cop sits on another guy's throat for 9 minutes until he dies, and here they are, hoping the cop gets off scot-free and isn't held accountable for his actions.
    Blue lives matter to being pissed at cops because of their insurrection attempt, back to blue lives matter. just a bunch of kneejerk reactionaries. They are twitter, which is why they hate twitter so much.

5+ Year Old Account

Yeah, and? They kill people daily; white, black, Asian, etc. Why divide and polarize the country further with an unnecessary martyr?
    There it is, the both side bullshit “argument”.

Who are they? Or is this "they"?

Have you like...paid any attention to this topic over say, I dunno, the past...decade? How about two decades? Maybe three decades? Let's go back to Rodney King getting beat the fuck out of on live TV while every one of the officers involved got away with it scott free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Punishing cops that useillegal and / or harmful tactics that result in the death of people is not empowering the "wrong people".

Also, People still tlak about WW@ and Agent Ornage so I have no fucking clue what you're trying to get here rofl.
    They “talk”, but we also “talk” about the Middle East, Russia, China, Israel, and all the atrocities they have committed. So what?

acting like George Floyd wanted to die is about as ghoulish as something Nancy Pelosi would say. how very liberal of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Who are they? Or is this "they"?

Have you like...paid any attention to this topic over say, I dunno, the past...decade? How about two decades? Maybe three decades? Let's go back to Rodney King getting beat the fuck out of on live TV while every one of the officers involved got away with it scott free.
    Oh, but let’s forget all the innocent people they rob, abduct, rape, murder, and so on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    acting like George Floyd wanted to die is about as ghoulish as something Nancy Pelosi would say. how very liberal of you.
    When did I say that?

10+ Year Old Account
    They “talk”, but we also “talk” about the Middle East, Russia, China, Israel, and all the atrocities they have committed. So what?
    I mean, its pretty clear you dont know anything if you can claim "these people dont 'whine" anymore". They do, in the form of making sure it never happens again.

Thats why people keep "whining' about police brutality. Because it needs to stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, but let’s forget all the innocent people they rob, abduct, rape, murder, and so on?

- - - Updated - - -

When did I say that?
    "they"? What do you mean by "they"?