Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just don't invite those without score..

then see how long they cling to the "Opt out" mentality

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Ya that comment about 14 i'm pretty sure isn't accurate but go ahead.
    "Im pretty sure that claim isnt accurate in my lack of experience and content done, but go ahead" mmochamp average user in a nutshell ladies and gentlemen, they always know better than the people that do the content you guys are always content so ill give you that.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. For some reason i just don't believe you.
    Case in point, maybe try having an informed opinion and do the content? or just continue being you, its easier i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    cuz you have 0 exp, only bads with low score talking in keys, normal ppl dont talk you either do the key or leave the grp after 4 wipes
    1.) I have personal experience with it.

2.) These threads also demonstrate it with painful accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Just don't invite those without score..

then see how long they cling to the "Opt out" mentality
    Hey, cool, you agree then. They should be able to opt out. It won't be a problem at all, right?

(But... then why are all of you absolutely losing your shit over the idea?)

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    They cant, someone doing +7 is literally "top of the bads", you are generally looking at the 1-3% of the 99% of "Bad players" of the WoW population.

WoW isnt really "Good" and "Bad" players, the segregation is massive, there is a reason there are people in +15s that are down right terrible, they play a lot, eventually they climb, they get carried by a group on an easy week and many more variables.

Which is why R.io is bad, but its the best thing we have, Blizzard did say in their Blizzcon when they announced this system that it will show multiple variables like "Dungeon completed with these affixes in the past" and some other stuff, if i recall correctly.

There is no good system without multiple algorithms and variables to actually show relevant data, but it cant be created because, who is gonna pay for it etc? You get the point.
    That's just like sayin fire is bad. If you use a tool properly then it is a benefit. Misuse it and you're likely to get burned. People need to stop saying rio is bad and actually use it properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's just like sayin fire is bad. If you use a tool properly then it is a benefit. Misuse it and you're likely to get burned. People need to stop saying rio is bad and actually use it properly.
    Thats because you cherry picked the end of the discussion but yeah, this is known.

But at the same time, the addon is lackster, with your analogy, the 99% will get burnt either way cause they will misuse it as everything else in the game, doesnt mean Blizzards tool cant have more information/limitations and in the analogy, basically safety measures from letting the misusers getting burnt.

You can opt out by joining a guild and running with people you know/like. Best part about this, you can ignore their score and they can ignore yours.

I know that's not exactly what you are saying OP, but it serves the exact same end purpose. You do not want to be judged by your RIO score, and you do not want to judge others by said score. A two-way opt out would achieve that... yes. But so would running with people that you know so that your score can be ignored and you can ignore theirs.

We have several 2k IO players in my guild. They'll run with anyone (if bored) in the guild, even if the other persons IO is 600. Good luck pugging your way into a 2k IO group at 600. That will never happen outside of some former relationship.

My IO isn't that high like theirs (1.5k), but i'll run 5s and 6s in guild for the sole reason that "its a guildie"
    I think alot of players have forgotten that this is an MMO, and are frustrated because they are trying to achieve MMO results by playing Single Player/Pug life

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    That's the thing, though: that's not true. That's my whole point. Dungeon runs with low rio players were abnormally difficult because nobody knew what to do. And alt runs with players who have a main at 1300+ were super chill and easy because that rio score shows that while those players might not have in-depth class knowledge about their alt, they do have enough dungeon knowledge to just go through it easily.

Raider.io shows experience and dungeon knowledge. And that is the most important aspect about PvE. You don't have to be extremely good with your class. You simply just have to know the content. That's it. That's how you beat raid bosses and that's how you beat M+ dungeons. With experience.
    I am saying there is no way to quantify you knowing what you are doing in a run that fails for whatever reason it just shows as a fail. You have to have successful runs for it to be added up.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1. It shouldn't judge you on bad luck (e.g. not getting certain keys)
    2. It shouldn't publish a rating, rather publish a 'M+' level the toon can do (e.g. I have 1x11,4x10,2x9,1x7 on time, and 3 13s almost on time - so it might say 10 for me). This allows people to pick people who are level appropriate, without just picking someone with 1100 over someone with 1090 all the time.
    3. It shouldn't judge on how many you do, because that becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
    4. It should include repeated leaving of groups, introduce a vote to kill in groups to vote to end the key without penalty.
    That's literally just a bad rating system, you've achieved nothing other than making the same thing but inferior.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    ... What? No, it's designed to prevent exactly that. If people start running an enh shaman because it gives a lot of + time, the feedback loop adjusts the meta rating of enh shaman, reducing the + time it gives to have one in the team. That's what a feedback loop is.
    You want some sort of fluid system where the game tries to figure out what is "meta" and what isnt? What do you use to calculate such a thing what are the formulas you would use? That seems like a lot of work for almost zero gain.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i wouldn't say +7 is high for the first week. that's usually what's the key pushers in my guild consider farmable in week1, so should be doable as weekly best for average players.

i'd love to agree with you but by week 2 you already see people expecting scores in the +10 range. and that's just the flaws of the system expressing themselves. a score system like this is simply not suitable for first few weeks situations or situational players.
    Well, yes, you do see people like that, but that does not nearly account for the masses.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    1.) I have personal experience with it.

2.) These threads also demonstrate it with painful accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, cool, you agree then. They should be able to opt out. It won't be a problem at all, right?

(But... then why are all of you absolutely losing your shit over the idea?)
    exp where in +15s with 4 guys needing KSM full of dopamine and pressure in that last key they need to time? maybe, in a +5 full of actual monkeys
    that cant run in a line straight and add rnd packs? maybe but i dont have seen any one in my 2300-2800 io range flame or rage in a key, you say hi share route do the key if you fail the key you leave thats it.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    You want some sort of fluid system where the game tries to figure out what is "meta" and what isnt? What do you use to calculate such a thing what are the formulas you would use? That seems like a lot of work for almost zero gain.
    Simple participation numbers are a pretty good start. If there are 10 as many runs with a fire mage than an ele shaman, ele shaman should get a pretty good weight.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    The whole point in the system is to find players of appropriate skill to group up with, players dont want to waste thier time just making a random group without knowing if they can even finish a key let alone time it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

As I've said in other threads, the solution to M+ Scores (IMO) is to make Queueable dungeons relevant again for those who don't wish to take part in M+.

The core of the issue is that M+ Keys have replaced Heroic Dungeons instead of expanding on them. Heroic Dungeons are virtually worthless... do the Covenant Campaign and you're 190 ilvl.... even M0 is superseded by Covenant Gear, WQ Gear and Mission Tables.

Some sort of IO Score is necessary evil in M+ as the keys get higher. That's just the reality of that content... doesn't matter what your ilvl is, you aren't doing a +15 if you don't know the content inside and out (or are carried). As a Healer I see this all too often... people don't know how to deal with certain affixes (bolstering!!) in higher keys, they don't know what to interrupt, they don't know which mob to focus, which mobs to skip in the routes and face pull. They're so ignorant to what's going on, they always blame the tank/healer.

Unfortunately, the "Checking IO" Meta and MDI routes which "everyone must know!" has filtered it's way all the way down to low keys... along with groups farming Valor in +2's who wont invite anyone below 210 ilvl.

This has ruined lower keys for the more casual players who just to log in and run some dungeons.... if those players actually had something worth doing which they could queue for, there wouldn't be so many complaints about .IO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    As I've said in other threads, the solution to M+ Scores (IMO) is to make Queueable dungeons relevant again for those who don't wish to take part in M+.

The core of the issue is that M+ Keys have replaced Heroic Dungeons instead of expanding on them. Heroic Dungeons are virtually worthless... do the Covenant Campaign and you're 190 ilvl.... even M0 is superseded by Covenant Gear, WQ Gear and Mission Tables.

Some sort of IO Score is necessary evil in M+ as the keys get higher. That's just the reality of that content... doesn't matter what your ilvl is, you aren't doing a +15 if you don't know the content inside and out (or are carried). As a Healer I see this all too often... people don't know how to deal with certain affixes (bolstering!!) in higher keys, they don't know what to interrupt, they don't know which mob to focus, which mobs to skip in the routes and face pull. They're so ignorant to what's going on, they always blame the tank/healer.

Unfortunately, the "Checking IO" Meta and MDI routes which "everyone must know!" has filtered it's way all the way down to low keys... along with groups farming Valor in +2's who wont invite anyone below 210 ilvl.

This has ruined lower keys for the more casual players who just to log in and run some dungeons.... if those players actually had something worth doing which they could queue for, there wouldn't be so many complaints about .IO
    If they made Mythic 0 queable via the LFD system that'd make things a bit better though i don't think they'll ever do that.

If they made Mythic 0 queable via the LFD system that'd make things a bit better though i don't think they'll ever do that.
    I suspect you're right and I have absolutely no idea why. Just being stubborn I suppose...

Blizzard are constantly trying to re-invent the wheel instead of innovating it. Personally, I had an absolute blast with LFD back in the day, it was a great no-stress way to have fun with Alts and the gear wasn't totally worthless because of the Badge system.

M+ should of expanded on that system not replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theres many who dislike rio score and the upcomming in-game m+ score.
    some have suggested the option to turn it off.
    i say thats a great idea, but anyone who opts out can only play with others that opts out, players who keep it on can only play with others who keep it on.
    everyone will be happy!
    maybe those who opts out will also have their armory and achievements disabled or invisible to others, so rio cant get info from it and others cant see it.
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    no "gatekeeping" at all is exactly what they want.
    I believe the option to opt-out should be available.
    Also, you should have an option (if it doesn't exist yet) on r.io to hide your score.
    Why? because anyone should be the owner of their data and decide if their data should or should not be public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People who opt out make me laugh.. who cares.

If you're a higher or lower score - who even cares??

R.IO opt outs are a joke and any time I see someone who opts out they're usually garbage and have a bad rep to begin with

#suckstosuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I suspect you're right and I have absolutely no idea why. Just being stubborn I suppose...

Blizzard are constantly trying to re-invent the wheel instead of innovating it. Personally, I had an absolute blast with LFD back in the day, it was a great no-stress way to have fun with Alts and the gear wasn't totally worthless because of the Badge system.

M+ should of expanded on that system not replace it.
    Agreed but for some reason the developers of Warlords/Legion decided to remake the game in their image without really asking themselves if the changes to the game were really needed and if the community would react well to the changes. IF current sub numbers to be believed they have not reacted well but wow developers don't seem to care which is why so many of the old guard are leaving imo.

Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    I believe the option to opt-out should be available.
    Also, you should have an option (if it doesn't exist yet) on r.io to hide your score.
    Why? because anyone should be the owner of their data and decide if their data should or should not be public.
    You actually can opt-out of Rio. It's just not the smartest idea if you want to do anything above 9.