Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    for milionth time - as if good r.io would guarantee you good run . just yesterday i had 1300 toxic io boomy who only knew how to burst on bosses - he kept dying / ninjapulling adds / f.... up mechanics - and effecitvely costed us timer . but hey - he is 1300 toxic io boomy - so it means he will get insta invite in any dungeon he wants.

feel sorry for all his future groups .
    Why do you turn the argument around and push it to the extreme to make a point? Nobody ever said you will get a guaranteed good run with high rio. People say you won't get a good dungeon run with no rio players or those who intentionally hide their score. Because in 9/10 cases the reason to hide your score is because it's low and you don't want others to see how low it is.
    With rio active you might get a good run or a bad run but chances are to get a good run if rio is higher on average.
    Without rio active you might get a good run or a bad run but chances are very high it will be a shit run.

How do we know? There’s not even a PTR for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - you can opt out of arena rating... I can sign up for an arena match with 0 rating.

What I can't do is get into a M+5 even though I can time M+10 to 12s ... because there are so many DPS that they just take the highest scores.
    But this is an issue caused by the game itself not by rio. It’s not because of rio if out of 100 people there are 10 tanks, 20 healer and 70 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    That's great. I didn't know you could do that already.
    When you log into their site and connected your account, you can opt-out, or activate "main-character" data for alts. This works since atleast BFA tho

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    @schwarzkopf did you read all that i wrote?
    yes but what hese saying is correct, the minority who wont use it will see even more difficulty finding a group, because i guarantee you any tank in their right mind will be using it.

Well - you can opt out of arena rating... I can sign up for an arena match with 0 rating.

What I can't do is get into a M+5 even though I can time M+10 to 12s ... because there are so many DPS that they just take the highest scores.
    You literally can though? You can run a 0 in a group your start yourself get a key and again run your own group up to w/e key level you can get to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    The more I read these threads and several of the people posting in them, the sadder I get.

Not about the game, but because they are so incredibly toxic and lack even the most basic, fundamental social skills that they can't actually find like-minded people to play with in the game. Instead, they have to rely entirely on PUGging, with a pointless score telling them who's "good" and who's "bad." Because even when they do find "good" players, they don't want anything to do with them after the run is done.

Sure, they like to pipe in that they're actually in a guild, don't ever run PUGs (which is particularly perplexing giving how much they rant about how awesome this sort of thing is when it exists purely for PUGging), and/or their guilds/friends just aren't as good as they are but they stay with them out of friendship. But reading between the lines, it just becomes so painfully apparently how miserable their gaming experience actually is.

Imagine playing a highly social game without actually partaking in the social aspect of it. Dreadful.

But, hey, MMO-Champion is the most echoey chamber of echo chambers for them, so much so that the moderators let them directly call people "worthless shits" and "trash" without consequence, and thus they get to convince themselves that they're actually right and everyone else is wrong. But a hint of sarcasm from someone who disagrees with them gets you a ban. I guess they know their audience here.

(And then they all wonder why people keep calling them toxic to boot...)
    Pugging is how you make new friends though? Do you only do stuff in guild now that's just odd. I've made tons of friends pugging M+ and often end up playing other games with them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yeah and just reroll tank or healer while you're at it!

groups made by reluctant/uncomfortable leaders aren't really a recipe for success, more so when it's non trivial content.
    So the groups put together by the tool that brought you lfr would do better than people who share at least one common opinion and could very easily get on disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Honestly, the M+ Score system is pointless if they don't launch or plan to launch an automatic queue system for M+. What will an "official" M+ score system accomplish that R.IO doesn't? The only benefit of a m+ score system would be to feed it into a queue system to make finding groups quicker.

If I could just queue for a +10 with, say, 1000 M+ score and wait until the queue pops that would actually be great. I would actually re-sub to the game if that happens.
    Automatic queue as already said in other similar threads won’t work but for M0.

No single tank or healer will ever use lfg to be matched with random people when they can choose the group they want with the setup they want in just minutes.

You’ll be stuck in queue forever because only desperate dps will try that.

Almost everyone will use it and those who opt out will find it impossible to find tanks and healers, because no one wants to play with shitty entitled dps (who are really the only people who would opt out).

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    nobody looks at scores for +5... when i've done +5 on low geared alts i just invite whoever applies first...
    Not always the case, I have an alt I have troubles getting into 5s despite having done a couple of them already - but I think I have troubles with the addon actually because it doesn't show my main score (until I have too low score or being on different factions doesn't count - if it's a thing).

EDIT: yeah, there's a minimum of 200 score, it's still 194 lol (literally just started for fun).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-04-21 at 09:54 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    could also disable the ability to see what class signs up and their ilvl, heck maybe just have a m+ dungeon finder for the opt outers.
    lmao, never change mmo champ
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Can't ... I don't get into groups because of... RAIDER.IO.

But it also means an 840 player who can also do the same, but will be turned down over the 850 player. My score is 825 and I can't even get into 5s.

It does... I have yet to even have the opportunity of running a high Spires, so I'm penalised.

And what happens in PVP if you AFK ?
    If someone AFKs - once they flag AFK they are penalised.
    I'm not saying if someone D/C, AFK or quits a few times they get penalised - but some (esp tank/heals) shop around groups and dump heaps of groups. Just want to penalised people who do it a lot.
    Just like the "+10 player" will be declined in favor of the "+15 player" in your system.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Your entire problem with r.io would be solved by doing one thing - your lazy ass working your way up. I mean, who would've thought that say, a person that has had a break in the game, comes back after some time and is not so fresh? That such a person would have to start climbing the ladders again, unless, he had a guild to play with? That is unthinkable, so unethical, so wrong and elitist!

Just fucking work your way up to a normal score like everybody else does or shut the fuck up )

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    for milionth time - as if good r.io would guarantee you good run . just yesterday i had 1300 toxic io boomy who only knew how to burst on bosses - he kept dying / ninjapulling adds / f.... up mechanics - and effecitvely costed us timer . but hey - he is 1300 toxic io boomy - so it means he will get insta invite in any dungeon he wants.

feel sorry for all his future groups .
    It doesn't guarantee it. What it does do is increase your odds of a good run. You're more likely to succeed with a 1300 r.io boomkin than a 200 r.io boomkin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Not always the case, I have an alt I have troubles getting into 5s despite having done a couple of them already - but I think I have troubles with the addon actually because it doesn't show my main score (until I have too low score or being on different factions doesn't count - if it's a thing).

EDIT: yeah, there's a minimum of 200 score, it's still 194 lol (literally just started for fun).
    Pretty sure the minimum of 200 is to avoid having to store a massive amount of extra character data on r.io's end. 200 score is 2-3 keys or something, so it's not too bad to reach if you actually want to play the character.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So the groups put together by the tool that brought you lfr would do better than people who share at least one common opinion and could very easily get on disc?
    the alternative isn't queuing. the alternative (obviously, empirically) is not participating.

hard problem to fix certainly, but a ranking system THIS precise doesn't help on the low end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Pretty sure the minimum of 200 is to avoid having to store a massive amount of extra character data on r.io's end. 200 score is 2-3 keys or something, so it's not too bad to reach if you actually want to play the character.
    Yeah, makes sense. It's an alt I play on/off, and literally just reached 60 and did the campaign. I think i'll use it this week since affixes really suck but won't be an issue in low keys, while i miss only Mists and DoS for the KSM on my main.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Anyone who dont use it cant get into any group already unless its +0 or have a group of friends to run it with.

All the info its in the armoury already. This discussion is ridiculous. Its childish actually.
    That's exactly my point, its laughable people think that they wont have to use it because they don't like it, its going to be in the game and a majority of players are okay with that, unfortunately they will just have to accept that this is the direction the game is moving.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much!

I started late with my warrior and had to pug, climb in the ranks with my sweat and tears. Did all +5 up to all +10 and so on. I kept pugging till I got to all +16, got 4x +17 atm.

It became easyer to find groups the more I climbed in the ranks. And groups become better also the higher the keys are.

People dont want to put the effort and then come here complain about the systems.

If its my key, I invite whoever I want and if "you" making me check the armory I'm not going to send an invite.
    Its completely doable, people just have to be willing to push harder, its one of the few things that still requires effort to get so id hate to see people efforts be dimished because some one doesnt like the way M+ works.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Well, yes, you do see people like that, but that does not nearly account for the masses.
    dunno. i've done a few +7s where i'm the only experienced/geared person with my friends who don't want to talk to strangers in the game and thus are locked to ~200 gear.

i tell them you can come to our heroic raid offday no problem we boost people all the time and they refuse cause they are just uncomfortable with it cause they know they will die to mechanics that don't exist in lfr and will feel people will judge them for it.

i'm 100% convinced the problem isn't game skills for the vast vast majority. people like that would benefit a lot from systems that encourage friendlier behavior.

of the people who i know are legit unskilled enough to not be able to go a +7 there is only 1 who has any interest at all in doing it. most of those just seem to have enough fun doing some worldquests and treat the game more like it's stardew valley or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

People dont want to put the effort and then come here complain about the systems.
    not wanting (or not being able) to put in effort/time is a perfectly valid playstyle that should be accommodated.

it's only a problem if they complain about wanting something unreasonable.

it being harder to, as you say, find a group for a +5 than a +16, seems like it's a pretty reasonable thing to complain about.

Just don't do M+. That's how you opt out.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Exactly. But none of them wants to be the one to press the "create group" button...
    I've never done M+ and probably never will, but I'm curious, if I try to create a group will those joining expect me to lead and talk about tactics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I've never done M+ and probably never will, but I'm curious, if I try to create a group will those joining expect me to lead and talk about tactics?
    only if ur the tank will that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    the alternative isn't queuing. the alternative (obviously, empirically) is not participating.

hard problem to fix certainly, but a ranking system THIS precise doesn't help on the low end.
    It also doesn't hurt this is like complaining that you can see arena rating prior to 1600.