Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Med'an as a main character sounds horrifying. Why are you so intent on that?
    I'm really not. If any character is going to be involved in a cosmic war expansion, he would fit better than someone generic like Khadgar or Anduin.

Med'an hatred is just a relic of an older time, before the rapid inflation of this game's lore and characters since WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm really not. If any character is going to be involved in a cosmic war expansion, he would fit better than someone generic like Khadgar or Anduin.

Med'an hatred is just a relic of an older time, before the rapid inflation of this game's lore and characters since WoD.
    Again, I really don't think you could compare some pretty standard anime power fantasy to the Draenei/Orc/Human son of two major lore characters who was empowered as a super-Guardian with all the powers of the members, making him a Paladin/Shaman/Mage/Priest and who was also central to an Old God prophecy.

Again, I really don't think you could compare some pretty standard anime power fantasy to the Draenei/Orc/Human son of two major lore characters who was empowered as a super-Guardian with all the powers of the members, making him a Paladin/Shaman/Mage/Priest and who was also central to an Old God prophecy.
    When you put it like that I agree, but a lot of that was retconned or ignored. For example, he is no longer the guardian, and was only in two comic books (or more if you count each individual issue), plus the fact that they seem to be ignoring the prophecy with the old gods. At best, he is the son of Medivh who can wield both light and elemental power, I don't think his racial heritage is really of much importance. If I was writing the story, I would change his use of elements to void. So he would use light and void, being the perfect character for a light/void expansion. Though I'd rather avoid a cosmic war expansion all together.

The only real bias I have in favor of Med'an is the fact he is the son of Medivh, and I think that would be a bad idea to waste, even if it means a 100% retcon to him.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2021-04-20 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

It's basically the same with Bwonsamdi. As Alliance player you basically have no clue who that guy is or why he matters.
    True though I was able to "get" him easier, somehow. Maybe because I watched the cinematics from the Horde questing at least.

Also in a similar vein, Uldir itself was pretty "...why are we here?" Alliance-side, as I recall. I mean I got why, of course, but very little, if any, questing Alliance-side was related to it, at least that I recall.

Ah well, lot of missteps, what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    True though I was able to "get" him easier, somehow. Maybe because I watched the cinematics from the Horde questing at least.

Also in a similar vein, Uldir itself was pretty "...why are we here?" Alliance-side, as I recall. I mean I got why, of course, but very little, if any, questing Alliance-side was related to it, at least that I recall.

Ah well, lot of missteps, what can you do?
    It just shows that the storytelling isn't good. After I played some Horde characters in BfA (my main faction is and will always be Alliance), I began to understand all of the things that were implied. But people that don't do it have no clue about Bwonsamdi. And all of a sudden he's such a major character in Ardenweald? It's been implemented very poorly.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Yrel should be a concern sooner rather than later, assuming 10.0 deals with the "dark" side of the Light (no pun intended).

Now if 10.0 is a Light-theme expansion, I would hope for many things. Chief among them that the last patch of that expansion takes us back to Draenor (Siege of Draenor as the name?). Before you flame-war me, hear me out: the sites of our former garrisons should be SMOKING RUINS, as a nod to how they were very-much disliked!

If a return to Draenor was something that happened, I would hope for:

- Farahlon to finally appear as a zone we can visit, perhaps even establish a base there
    - Friendly Botani and other races who've fled from the Lightbound Draenei
    - An answer to whether Grommash survived the end of the Mag'har recruitment scenario
    - A Shattrath City raid with Yrel and AU Xe'ra (assuming she is the "Lightmother" that was referred to) as bosses

We can all dream.
    But but.. what about the island in the south?
    I mean cmon if even return to that wretched place atleast have that ogre empire involved. Perfect opportunity for all those ogre fans out there.

To the people that tried telling me they think Lothraxion actually got converted...

That's exactly what the Dreadlords want you to think: "They savor nothing more than being proved right, so if they believe they have converted one of us to their precious Light, they will trust that agent implicitly.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    To the people that tried telling me they think Lothraxion actually got converted...

That's exactly what the Dreadlords want you to think: "They savor nothing more than being proved right, so if they believe they have converted one of us to their precious Light, they will trust that agent implicitly.
    Well, the issue is that we know that the Light canonically acts as a truth serum. It's likely that he was sent before, then legitimately converted after essentially being flooded with pure truth and loyalty, possibly pre-empting the attack on Revendreth.

Well, the issue is that we know that the Light canonically acts as a truth serum. It's likely that he was sent before, then legitimately converted after essentially being flooded with pure truth and loyalty, possibly pre-empting the attack on Revendreth.
    Given that dreadlords seem to play 5d chess with literally everybody I think they anticipated this and have a work-around. First thing I thought after reading the book: let's kill Lothraxion. Just in case...

When you put it like that I agree, but a lot of that was retconned or ignored. For example, he is no longer the guardian, and was only in two comic books (or more if you count each individual issue), plus the fact that they seem to be ignoring the prophecy with the old gods. At best, he is the son of Medivh who can wield both light and elemental power, I don't think his racial heritage is really of much importance. If I was writing the story, I would change his use of elements to void. So he would use light and void, being the perfect character for a light/void expansion. Though I'd rather avoid a cosmic war expansion all together.

The only real bias I have in favor of Med'an is the fact he is the son of Medivh, and I think that would be a bad idea to waste, even if it means a 100% retcon to him.
    The problem is that without all of that, he's just some random guy with no relevance whatsoever. He's even more generic than Khadgar or Anduin, and has essentially no real lore.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The problem is that without all of that, he's just some random guy with no relevance whatsoever. He's even more generic than Khadgar or Anduin, and has essentially no real lore.
    True. I guess I'm just optimistic about fresh characters, considering a lot of old favorites were tarnished in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Honestly N'Zoth is so smart that it wouldn't surprise me if 10.0 turned out to be Black Empire expansion.
    You have to let it go. Trust me. Whatever Blizzard does won't live up to your (our) expectations.
    Last edited by Shoggoth; 2021-04-21 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    i thought he was made non-canon

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    A common misconception. He's canon, just minus the part of him becoming the Guardian.

A common misconception. He's canon, just minus the part of him becoming the Guardian.
    so that means that we didnt kill c'thun
    which leaves other old gods like yoggy bear open to being alive as well
    i would say "but blizz did say they were gone" but they also said death isnt the end or some other vague non answer for "are they really dead"

opens a lot of cool things up

so that means that we didnt kill c'thun
    which leaves other old gods like yoggy bear open to being alive as well
    i would say "but blizz did say they were gone" but they also said death isnt the end or some other vague non answer for "are they really dead"

opens a lot of cool things up
    We killed C'thun, it's just a mish mash of contradictory statements from the lore team that can't keep anything straight. So they could bring back all the Old Gods if they really wanted to, even though they are technically dead.
    I'm hoping Lothraxion actually is fooling us. It would be pretty cool imo since he was a relatively minor but notable character from a few expansions ago that could easily give this retcon more weight and meaning to the players.

The defeated Old Gods will be back as a Council-style fight in the Void Lords raid, bookmark and quote this post when that happens.

I can already picture the Wowhead News headliner: "OLD GODS OF THE PAST ARE BACK?!! C'THUN, YOGG-SARON, Y'SHAARJ BOSS ENCOUNTER! [10.3 SPOILERS]"

I'm not including N'Zoth because he's still alive anyway, you can also quote me back on this.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The defeated Old Gods will be back as a Council-style fight in the Void Lords raid, bookmark and quote this post when that happens.

I can already picture the Wowhead News headliner: "OLD GODS OF THE PAST ARE BACK?!! C'THUN, YOGG-SARON, Y'SHAARJ BOSS ENCOUNTER! [10.3 SPOILERS]"

I'm not including N'Zoth because he's still alive anyway, you can also quote me back on this.
    Hey, the Xal'atath erasure is mind-boggling!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hey, the Xal'atath erasure is mind-boggling!
    Ah Yes Xal'atath, the alleged Fifth Old God who was devoured by her brothers long ago. She might be the smartest out of the bunch because she went after a Void elf body. Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of the other Old Gods following her example, and turning into Void elf daddies.

Like imagine if N'Zoth looked like this, he'd easily surpass Sylvanas and Arthas in popularity:

Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Not quite, they just quietly dropped him and prefer not to talk about him anymore.

But that's the point, anyway. If a Me'dan shows up now, he'd just be some random nobody we have no reason to treat as anything special.