Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not sure I've seen anyone claim it's 3-4 hours. It's usually around an hour depending on the more annoying quests that can appear.

The issue is simply that the reward is not worth that hour of tedious gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I've stopped paying attention to the countless whine threads in this place, only offering my 2 cents on fun threads, usually.
    But did people really claim this?

I'm currently decked out in my covenant's exalted anima-bought transmog gear with having all sanctum things maxed out, and I never, ever spent more than an hour a day anima farming. Granted, I spent a little more killing rares for pets, mounts and mog, but I dont call that anima farming.
    Wow, that's actually cool! You are the first that actually did that, that i know of. I cannot be bothered, but i love it that people got this.
    I think its funny, people dont wanna grind/work for shiit, but they want all the rewards..its like the real world. People are insanely spoiler these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The question is why would anyone even want to farm anima after getting the 1-2 cosmetics that interest him?
    Outside mounts, pets, toys and various other stuff I'd like to upgrade my covenant, but I don't think it will happen this expansion, maybe if they'll let us use soul ash as currency for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So in the countless anima threads on this forum I've seen people claiming that anima world quests take multiple hours a day and that it's some crazy farm that no one in their right mind will ever do. Of course no one bothered to prove anything to random forum trolls because they wouldn't care either way, but it turns out that 'one of the streamers' made a challenge of sorts and some people bothered to answer to that.

Here's a video of a guy completing every anima world quest available within a day in 31 minutes.

And no, he's not using any crazy optimization tactics either. Unless you consider a goblin glider, or moonkin's aoe to be such "haxes".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RiDAoW5kYw

Here's another one - more casual, this one in 57 minutes. (Under one hour). Double the time of the above, but still under an hour which is easily time that anyone can devote to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEhlO4lVE4w

Can we stop with the bulshit about anima farming taking hours every day now please?
    if you do not do the other quests , and do not have the ones that slower ( that need you to kill x amount of stuff ) and do not have horde or other player groups "stealing" "your" quest objectives then yeah. So this is not proof.

Things they do not show:

- being hindered by horde ( or alliance) that grey out your quest objectives
    - having more of the slow quests up ( like the fungus one). for instance the video has 1 of the faster ones ( kill 15 easy to kill npcs). that indeed does not take time.
    - the difference between a slow day with only 8 to 10 quests and days with more of them. Hell the video's show only 2 to 3 anima quest per zone...thats a slow day.
    - quests that fail. Like the jumping flowers one ( the flight school). i have seen ( and my self experienced) falling thruh the flowers several times.

so it can take hour+ if you have more quests, get grey out of npc's, to many people claiming the objectives, to many quests, things that fail etc.

But taking 3 to 4 hours......no one claims that.
    Yes it can take 2 hours. but then you have the bad quests, a lot of them, a lot of grey stuff and you do pet stuff next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doesn't matter the time it takes. Some are faster some are slower. If you want to do them, do them, if you don't want to - don't.
    this, i would get people being mad about anima if it was necesary for character power as azerite or artifact power, but goddamn, its not necesary for anything but collectibles... and even most of those are recolors only (transmog and mounts for sure, not sure about pets) of other you can get via different methods...
    yet some people are mad they CAN play more if they want to... its so stupid ffs...

lol. A world first raider using a druid for stealth and travel form benefits, and using a planned optimised route for speedrunning it and doing everything perfectly on the first try. "Look guys, it's so easy".

Also learn the difference between people employing hyperbole out of frustration and making precise scientific claims.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-04-21 at 12:22 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all counts in almost the same amount of time it takes to dailies.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    In other news, Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all counts in almost the same amount of time it takes to dailies.
    A full year?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wedny22 View Post
    Wow, that's actually cool! You are the first that actually did that, that i know of. I cannot be bothered, but i love it that people got this.
    I think its funny, people dont wanna grind/work for shiit, but they want all the rewards..its like the real world. People are insanely spoiler these days.
    You look at something in game, you're saying to yourself; "I want this", and every day you make a small step towards that goal. I don't see the issue people are having with this. The content is completely optional, not tied to character power; just a personal goal to achieve, for yourself.
    Folks gotta chill.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    Even that's not necessary, it just means you'll be lagging a week behind due to the catch-up mechanic. With that said, doing the world boss + LFR should net around 70% of that, maybe more (it's been about a month since I last played WoW, due to other things taking priority).
    The new Sanctum upgrade achievements also cut things down considerably. At level 3, you get between 140-245 Anima from normal WQs instead of 35-140.

The arena daily in Maldraxxus also gives an extra Anima token for each of the three achievements, up to 6 per day, or 210 Anima.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's not bring real-world politics and unrelated stuff into a discussion about video game quests.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

More people complain about Anima being a mostly pointless currency than they do the amount of time it takes to farm it. I kinda wish they'd just do away with it altogether as it's an added layer of complexity the game doesn't need.

So in the countless anima threads on this forum I've seen people claiming that anima world quests take multiple hours a day and that it's some crazy farm that no one in their right mind will ever do. Of course no one bothered to prove anything to random forum trolls because they wouldn't care either way, but it turns out that 'one of the streamers' made a challenge of sorts and some people bothered to answer to that.

Here's a video of a guy completing every anima world quest available within a day in 31 minutes.

And no, he's not using any crazy optimization tactics either. Unless you consider a goblin glider, or moonkin's aoe to be such "haxes".

Here's another one - more casual, this one in 57 minutes. (Under one hour). Double the time of the above, but still under an hour which is easily time that anyone can devote to the game.

Can we stop with the bulshit about anima farming taking hours every day now please?
    did any1 of them get 1000 dollars from asmongold? Or did he chicken out?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I finally got my mission table upgraded to rank 3 last night effectively finishing my covenant hall, as I upgraded the Ember court to rank 5 before I did the rank 3 mission table.

Now, yesterday was an especially lucrative day for anima farming, with not 1 but 2 250 Anima rewards available and the vast majority of world quests rewarding anima. But it still surprised me that I managed to gain somewhere in the area of 5K anima just from clearing world quests and doing 3 m+ dungeons.

Enough to buy the weapon illusion for 2.5K, the pet for 1.5K and have more than 1K left over.

But I suspect I'll be able to get at least 2.5K anima from just world quests every day which I'd consider more than enough for my personal needs.

As for the time it'll take to clear it out? On an average day I imagine around 1¼ hour to 1½ hour would do it for my main.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Err, what? Did you forget you had a mount, let alone flight paths?
    No ... but just case you've not played Shadowlands, there is no flying yet - and the WQ was a quarter of a land mass from the nearest FP and involved running through a hundred elite mobs, then reversing that.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I haven't seen one of those threads pop up in an while and you sound like a angry blizz employee defending his greatest work... renaming a system from 8.0 that was renamed from 7.0 is your big success! Huzzah!

But in all fairness yea it did originally take a while. From travel time to the threat in the world it took time to do it all vs getting gear like always and the world is obsolete again.

I just really came here to say the first part.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    People complain about the speed of broadband 20 years ago.

OP looking at broadband speed today, "What do you mean broadband isn't that fast? You need to stop whining."

/facepalm

Maybe it just feels like 4 hours.

Time is relative.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Wow that's impressive. Too bad there are 4 covenants, so it looks like 4 hours is about right.
    Thanks for proving that OP.
    No matter how much you keep moving the goalposts it doesn't make you less wrong about the actual issue.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    In other news - every day I don't do world quests, it takes me no time to do world quests.

Cherry picking days with the fewest and easiest WQs is not a great way to get valid data.

On a normal day ... travel time for all the anima WQs is an hour all up, if you are lucky and all the anima quests are in your home zone that is quicker of course.

For example - took me 25 minutes to do ONE anima WQ today, half of that was travel time.
    The list of anima WQs is visible at the start of the video. It is neither "the fewest" nor "the easiest".

If it takes you 25 minutes to travel somewhere and do 1 wq you are probably RP walking there and hitting mobs without using your abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The question is why would anyone even want to farm anima after getting the 1-2 cosmetics that interest him?
    Maxing out portal network lets you port around your covenant zone + access a minigame that has mog and mount rewards.

Upgrading your table shortens your missions, which in the long run saves you hours.

Conductor unlocks events that award mounts, pets, mogs on top of giving your graceful offerings and anima needed for mogs.

Upgrading your covenant activity to the full allows you to access all the content and all the rewards in it.

Then again, I know you weren't really asking.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    if you do not do the other quests , and do not have the ones that slower ( that need you to kill x amount of stuff ) and do not have horde or other player groups "stealing" "your" quest objectives then yeah. So this is not proof.

Things they do not show:

- being hindered by horde ( or alliance) that grey out your quest objectives
    - having more of the slow quests up ( like the fungus one). for instance the video has 1 of the faster ones ( kill 15 easy to kill npcs). that indeed does not take time.
    - the difference between a slow day with only 8 to 10 quests and days with more of them. Hell the video's show only 2 to 3 anima quest per zone...thats a slow day.
    - quests that fail. Like the jumping flowers one ( the flight school). i have seen ( and my self experienced) falling thruh the flowers several times.

so it can take hour+ if you have more quests, get grey out of npc's, to many people claiming the objectives, to many quests, things that fail etc.

But taking 3 to 4 hours......no one claims that.
    Yes it can take 2 hours. but then you have the bad quests, a lot of them, a lot of grey stuff and you do pet stuff next to it.
    If the main goal is anima, you don't need to do any other quests. Besides, the claim was that you can't do anima sweep in sub 1 hour, it was proven wrong here.
    "Being hindered" - just don't do WQs in the peak hours - problem solved.
    Slow day / bad wq selection can probably add like 15 minutes to the whole thing, try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    lol. A world first raider using a druid for stealth and travel form benefits, and using a planned optimised route for speedrunning it and doing everything perfectly on the first try. "Look guys, it's so easy".

Also learn the difference between people employing hyperbole out of frustration and making precise scientific claims.
    That's why I also posted another video done by a random unknown person who is not a "world first raider". Also, using skills on your character is not a "speed run tactic" if you don't use your abilities, then yes, you will end up doing everything much longer than it should take. Not sure why you would though. What's next? Am I not allowed to use heroic leaps and charges because it moves me too quickly? 8)

Hyperbole? People on this forum have been outright claiming it takes 3-4 hours to do all WQs for anima per day. Turns out what everyone actually doing those WQs were saying ended up being true. It's 30-60 minute thing

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    did any1 of them get 1000 dollars from asmongold? Or did he chicken out?
    No idea, but seeing THD is somewhat high profile I"m sure we will hear about it soon. Unless it was already mentioned somewhere and I missed it.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-04-21 at 02:10 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Ah, the joys of waiting for flying...

The list of anima WQs is visible at the start of the video. It is neither "the fewest" nor "the easiest".
    Then, as a matter of fact - it takes way longer than an hour to clear the board of a reasonable scattering of anima WQs.

Don't need to watch a video to know that.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.