Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Stay off of twitter! It's good for you.
    Or all social media for that matter, been interesting to see all the negative effects on us.

Not that fun being a guinea pig though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard made a wrong move, by changing hes wow voice overs, before anything is proven.

Now we are stuck with a ruined Kael'thas, Flyn got alot of shit and blizzard had to pay extra for new voice overs.

Lol big loss for everyone and it wasnt even needed.

Kael'thas is forever ruined now unless they change it back to flyn. He was my favorite character and now.. well.. idk anymore.

Stupid blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Nothing about this court case was proven innocence.
    Courts don't prove innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    The coincidence is too big I think. I wonder if blizz will act lile a grown up, understand the mistake they did and appologize to the man publicly or if they will try to claim different motive and move on.
    They won't.

They also removed Swifty related npc's shortly that whole thing blew up and virtually none of the accusations towards Swifty led to anything - yet those npc's remain removed.
    Acting first before any hard evidence or trial is being held is already not a very mature reaction, so why would they do it now?

I think this all just stems from the PR department giving out orders to avoid any potential controversy, because removing those npc's is less of a controversy than someone discovering that some npc's pay homage to a person accused of sexual harassment / rape.
    An apology would just put a spotlight on this whole situation and then Blizzard has to justify themselves why they even acted in the first place without any hard evidence existing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad MMO C put this up. It's better than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninesquirrels View Post
    This has nothing to do with cancel culture. The pendulum has simply swung back after spending centuries in the opposite direction. It is not surprising that when a pendulum swings that far in one direction that its return course be in equal measure. We all would prefer that the pendulum simply just come full stop at center but that is just not how people work. This is less cancel and more overcorrecting.
    How is this not related to cancel culture? Not only the dude was unjustly accused, but his work dating back a decade was overwritten. This is damnatio memoriae at its finest. To think that your life's work can be erased like that just because someone said you did something bad without solid proof is downright frightening, and even more so when it is really accepted as a way to deal with things in a society.

Also I am 100% sure that Quinton wasn't the one that was oppressing women centuries ago. Violence and abuse only bring more violence and abuse.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2021-04-21 at 03:05 PM.

We really should stop giving random mentally unstable twitter users the power to play out their vigilante justice fantasies.

All of this is happening because there are no consequences for false allegations. People like this deserve to rot in prison or get the rope instantly.

Shame on Blizzard for cutting out one of the most iconic voices in Warcraft's history because of some crazy lady's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    highly doubt it happen.... the reputation is now tarnished. It would be a bad PR move from blizzard to reinstate it because people will still accuse blizzard for harboring someone they find to be sleazy. It's just not a good move at all, sadly. The ones who actually would praise blizzard for reinstate him, if that's the reason for his dismissal, is probably a bigger group I imagine, but it's also less loud. And how loud you scream is very important for optics.
    Not sure if you are promoting this as what should be done, or just saying saying it's what will be done, but it's frightening.

I have always been in favor of convicted criminals being able to work again after their sentence is up and they've "paid their debt to society". What I find odd in today's age is that there are more and more people that say if you mess up one time, you should never work again. There is no second change. There is no mercy. There is no forgiveness. If you mess up one time you should be ostracized from society and no one should ever hire you because it would be "bad PR". How is that not a death sentence if you cannot work and you are no longer admitted in society? And of course you go one step beyond that and suggest that you don't even have to mess up at all to have your life ruined. If one person accuses you, regardless of whether you are guilty or innocent, you should never work again, your life's work should be erased, and you should be ostracized from society.

That makes absolutely no sense and is terrifying to consider the future of our society if that is the new rule.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Not sure if you are promoting this as what should be done, or just saying saying it's what will be done, but it's frightening.

I have always been in favor of convicted criminals being able to work again after their sentence is up and they've "paid their debt to society". What I find odd in today's age is that there are more and more people that say if you mess up one time, you should never work again. There is no second change. There is no mercy. There is no forgiveness. If you mess up one time you should be ostracized from society and no one should ever hire you because it would be "bad PR". How is that not a death sentence if you cannot work and you are no longer admitted in society? And of course you go one step beyond that and suggest that you don't even have to mess up at all to have your life ruined. If one person accuses you, regardless of whether you are guilty or innocent, you should never work again, your life's work should be erased, and you should be ostracized from society.

That makes absolutely no sense and is terrifying to consider the future of our society if that is the new rule.
    Not what should be done, but how I believe it currently IS. I wish we moved away from this outrage mob mentality where people who haven't been part of what's going talk and make judgements and harassing people out of nothing. I just don't find what the hell the purpose for doing so is... I don't get it.

Also, anyone else notice how quiet this thread is from the ones who attacked Flynn in the previous one? I at least hope SOME would think twice before jumping on the bandwagon next time...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, well, well. Look how the turntables have....

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They won't.

They also removed Swifty related npc's shortly that whole thing blew up and virtually none of the accusations towards Swifty led to anything - yet those npc's remain removed.
    Acting first before any hard evidence or trial is being held is already not a very mature reaction, so why would they do it now?

I think this all just stems from the PR department giving out orders to avoid any potential controversy, because removing those npc's is less of a controversy than someone discovering that some npc's pay homage to a person accused of sexual harassment / rape.
    An apology would just put a spotlight on this whole situation and then Blizzard has to justify themselves why they even acted in the first place without any hard evidence existing.
    That is true .. it's all PR, in this cased pushed to get some extra attention ... though in this case 99.9% of players probably have no idea who the voice behind KT is, let alone know about false allegations and hold blizzard to the wall for not removing his voice ... and this literally work, not homage.

another #metoo turned out to be a lie? that's really surprising

A shame we're still going to be stuck with these awful new voicelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I'm glad MMO C put this up. It's better than nothing.
    That's because for all of MMO-C's faults at least they report the news. Wowhead won't dare do anything that makes Blizz look bad.

They won't.

Honestly, the problem here is that for Blizzard, it's a lose-lose situation. At best, they get nothing. If they do nothing and the accusations prove true, they get lambasted for not acting. If they, like here, act and the accusations prove false, they get lambasted. If they act and the accusations prove true, they may get lucky and nothing happens, or they get lambasted by the people who refuse to acknowledge it. If they do nothing and the accusations prove false, they still get lambasted by those who claim the court was crooked.

Doesn't matter what they do, any path is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Honestly, the problem here is that for Blizzard, it's a lose-lose situation. At best, they get nothing. If they do nothing and the accusations prove true, they get lambasted for not acting. If they, like here, act and the accusations prove false, they get lambasted.
    Exactly. But the first scenario would be much worse for Blizzard because the twitter mobs would go absolutely Apeshit. So the safer choice is to just fire him and take the smaller of the two hits.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Doesn't matter what they do, any path is wrong.
    I think the wording here is incorrect.

The "right" thing is to wait until hard evidence or at least some ruling from a judge exists, the reality is simply that Blizzard doesn't give a slightest fuck about principles and prefers to appease a rather questionable mob before they even made any demands because the wrath of said mob gives them bad PR and thus potentially less revenue.

Blizzard rather avoids "bad PR" than to stand with the rule of law, a correct choice exists but it's not one Blizzard is willing to make, it's pure self interest, which needs to be brought up whenever Blizzard dares to promote a certain political agenda via their official channels.

I think the wording here is incorrect.

The "right" thing is to wait until hard evidence or at least some ruling from a judge exists, the reality is simply that Blizzard doesn't give a slightest fuck about principles and prefers to appease a rather questionable mob before they even made any demands because the wrath of said mob gives them bad PR and thus potentially less revenue.

Blizzard rather avoids "bad PR" than to stand with the rule of law, a correct choice exists but it's not one Blizzard is willing to make, it's pure self interest, which needs to be brought up whenever Blizzard dares to promote a certain political agenda via their official channels.
    I mean, so far I haven't seen any rerecordings for Jhin, a league of legends character Flynn voiced and I have yet to see Riot being completely ruined in terms of PR by the situation.

On a sidenote, I think it's actually frightening how Blizzard just purges this person's entire contribution to the Warcraft universe on a whim.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Welcome to modern society where you're guilty until proven innocent and even if you can prove innocence you're still viewed as being guilty, no doubt this guy won't get his jobs back or even new jobs in the future whereas the women responsible will live happily ever after, welcome ladies and gentlemen to cancer culture.
    You do understand that that is purely a legal concept and has nothing to do with your average person right?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.