Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Oh thank god, they can make Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance 2 again.
    don't get my hopes up
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Covering my back in case there's stuff he's admitted to that I don't know about, although as I understood it, the only evidence to any wrongdoing (potentially criminal and not) came from the 1 stalker's many accounts.
    The only thing he "admitted to" - according to his Twitter statement - was a small pack on the lips of a woman during a convention 2008. And even that was taken out of context, with it being not "random and without consent" like it was accused, but actually after the woman and her friends asked him to do it. And he himself even said that in todays climate (aka "with todays cancel culture") he wouldnt have done that / not even entertained the idea.

Every other accusation seems to have been disproven as well. She made up the story about the sexual assult, the supposed "victim" Chloe admitted to it. Whats left is the "thigh licking" thing, but but that also was untrue since the whole shoot was staged, he didnt do anything unconsensual. In addition, the girl in question - EJ - has also lied about multiple other things. She said she blocked him after that and went "no contact", but apperantly, not only did she not block him and kept contact, she even invited him to other events.
    In short, every accusation that was brought up within this topic was disproven. Not only did he do nothing illegal, he didnt do anything at all. The problem here is the general "Silent Post" effect in the internet (sorry, dont know if thats the right word in english, dont know how to translate it). People just go over it, see "ah, 3 accusations, but only 1 was in court, so the others must be true" while ignoring that these 3 accusations arent completely seperate, but instead are all linked together and can be traced back to the same root. And like we see here, there are enough people that even ignore the content of the court ruling and insist on "it may not be illegal, but it was creepy!", ignoring that the supposed "it" which they call him creepy for, DID - NOT - HAPPEN.

Also i agree with other posters: No, he didnt "abuse his standing". That would be the case if he had used his position to either offer something or to presure woman into it, neither of which happend. Sorry, but the mere fact of "being somewhat well known" (and lets be fair, he isnt the "mega popstar with loads of groupies" some seem to make him out to be) doesnt mean he has to refrain from any contect with non-famous people. Lets say a woman comes along, is attracted by his supposed fame, and makes him a sexual offer. Did his supposed fame attract her? Yes. Did he "abuse his standing"? NO. The mere fact that she was attracted by the fame puts him in no responsibility. You cant just damn people for literally just being who they are, thats some Southpark shit, the episode is called "Sexual healing". I also agree that its blatant hypocrisy to distinguish like that between "fame" and other things like "being attractiv" and such.

Beyond that all one can say is that if he's had sexual escapades during his career in the shape of one-night stands and shit with consenting adults, that's not exactly a crime.
    Doesn't have to be a crime for it to be considered poor form by an employer. He does reference the "atmosphere of conventions being the way it was thirteen years ago" as the reason why he appears to have put himself in compromising positions. Maybe for him it was just kissing fans when asked, but he does suggest that the "old ways" could lead to some unhealthy actor/fan interactions. "I am grateful that convention culture has evolved to protect actors and attendees alike" is what he says.

In almost any other profession you would be reprimanded and/or fired for using your job to sleep around with the customers. While celebrities have until recently been able to live by a different set of rules in that regard, I don't see it as a bad thing if companies (like Blizzard) start clamping down on the more unhealthy celebrity/fan interactions.

Maybe it was only kissing fans at conventions, provocative photo shoots, and various online relationships (all things that Quinton says he wouldn't participate in anymore), but again it doesn't have to be illegal for Blizzard to sever ties if they feel it's behavior they don't want to encourage.

And this folks, this is why our legal system works off of innocent *until* proven guilty. Because now this man's career is absolutely ruined because of one psychopath. The court of public opinion should work the same way, but let's be real, an angry mob is incapable of anything other than destruction.

Yeah so great that this guy was insta cancelled. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredReader22 View Post
    Lets say a woman comes along, is attracted by his supposed fame, and makes him a sexual offer. Did his supposed fame attract her? Yes. Did he "abuse his standing"? NO. The mere fact that she was attracted by the fame puts him in no responsibility.
    You're right, unless he then acts on it. Then it IS his responsibility. Quinton didn't say anything about taking up fans on sexual offers, but he did kiss them and do provocative photo shoots with them. Those were HIS decisions, and while certainly legal and tame compared to what he was accused of in court, it could still be seen as something an employer would fire you over (if it was connected to his job).

blizzard owes this guy a public apology, and this women needs to be named and sued for defamation, an example needs to be made or people will keep telling these lies because one day people will stop listening and all the women who actually have these things happen to them wont get the help they need...

So will Blizz put his voice line back in or are they gone for good? Really shitty to make decisions based on accusations alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Doesn't have to be a crime for it to be considered poor form by an employer. He does reference the "atmosphere of conventions being the way it was thirteen years ago" as the reason why he appears to have put himself in compromising positions. Maybe for him it was just kissing fans when asked, but he does suggest that the "old ways" could lead to some unhealthy actor/fan interactions. "I am grateful that convention culture has evolved to protect actors and attendees alike" is what he says.

In almost any other profession you would be reprimanded and/or fired for using your job to sleep around with the customers. While celebrities have until recently been able to live by a different set of rules in that regard, I don't see it as a bad thing if companies (like Blizzard) start clamping down on the more unhealthy celebrity/fan interactions.

Maybe it was only kissing fans at conventions, provocative photo shoots, and various online relationships (all things that Quinton says he wouldn't participate in anymore), but again it doesn't have to be illegal for Blizzard to sever ties if they feel it's behavior they don't want to encourage.
    Dont get me wrong, but: How exactly was it different for "non celebritys"? Yes, if you use your job to sleep with woman DURING the job, that would have been grounds to be fired. But apart from that? Lets say a woman is totally into man that are good with animals. Do you think a guy would get fired just for mentioning he works at a dog grooming salon / at a vet? If he would have sex with her during buisness hours, then yes. But just saying "hey, i work at a vet"? Or if a girl says "my neck hurts", a guy wouldnt get fired just for mentioning he is a professional massues, even if that massage would lead into sex. Again, yes, if he did that on the job, he would get fired. But outside of it?

You're right, unless he then acts on it. Then it IS his responsibility. Quinton didn't say anything about taking up fans on sexual offers, but he did kiss them and do provocative photo shoots with them. Those were HIS decisions, and while certainly legal and tame compared to what he was accused of in court, it could still be seen as something an employer would fire you over (if it was connected to his job).
    His decision? Yes. Was he involved at that point? Yes. Did he abuse his standing? No. I dont see how its his responibility to "deny" at this point, sorry. I mean, if we follow that path of logic, it would mean that he would never ever be allowed to get intimate in any way with people outside of his "standing". After all, anything he does with "non-famous people" could / would be seen as him abusing his supposed fame.
    Like i said: I understand that he cant / shouldnt do certain things while "on the job" or directly representing his employer. But in my opinion, that doesnt translate to anything he can or can not do during private times. Not to forget how he doesnt have any "permanent" employer" in the first place.

Dont get me wrong, but: How exactly was it different for "non celebritys"? Yes, if you use your job to sleep with woman DURING the job, that would have been grounds to be fired. But apart from that? Lets say a woman is totally into man that are good with animals. Do you think a guy would get fired just for mentioning he works at a dog grooming salon / at a vet? If he would have sex with her during buisness hours, then yes. But just saying "hey, i work at a vet"? Or if a girl says "my neck hurts", a guy wouldnt get fired just for mentioning he is a professional massues, even if that massage would lead into sex. Again, yes, if he did that on the job, he would get fired. But outside of it?

His decision? Yes. Was he involved at that point? Yes. Did he abuse his standing? No. I dont see how its his responibility to "deny" at this point, sorry. I mean, if we follow that path of logic, it would mean that he would never ever be allowed to get intimate in any way with people outside of his "standing". After all, anything he does with "non-famous people" could / would be seen as him abusing his supposed fame.
    Like i said: I understand that he cant / shouldnt do certain things while "on the job" or directly representing his employer. But in my opinion, that doesnt translate to anything he can or can not do during private times. Not to forget how he doesnt have any "permanent" employer" in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Badlanguage View Post
    blizzard owes this guy a public apology, and this women needs to be named and sued for defamation, an example needs to be made or people will keep telling these lies because one day people will stop listening and all the women who actually have these things happen to them wont get the help they need...

Exactly. This is so stupid on the highest of levels... even the big corporations are bending over for cancel culture which gives further power to the deranged.

All they need to do is suspend all work with the employee for the time being and only fire him if the accusations end up being true.

This stinks awfully alot like a scapegoat for a big corporation to fire old employees so they can get new ones in for less the salary.

If by "surrounded" you mean people airing their opinions online, then sure. Anonymity is what it is, but I don't think people do anything but show their true colors rather than change their ways as a result of having it.

If that sounds very loose, that's because I'm trying not to bring in forbidden topics.
    Sure, in person, online, anywhere. I just haven't seen people giving bosses, who give promotions based on sex, a pass like you have, so I'm definitely curious, since you are surrounded by it, where you are seeing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? You've never heard the "wonder who SHE slept with to get that job/role" insult for women who were seen as not pretty, smart, driven, or talented enough to have gotten where they are? Yeah, right now the pendulum is swinging the other way and putting the blame where it more rightfully belongs, but those old sentiments aren't gone.
    Sure I've heard that. But when they find out who she slept with they are even more disgusted with that boss that gave the promotion. As I asked the other dude, who are you seeing or where are you seeing it where people are saying they are perfectly fine with bosses giving their employees promotions based on sex?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    The rise of social media has facilitated this "cancelling" phenomenon. What is curious is the deafening silence that ensues when the cancelled target is cleared from the accusations. People have become quite adept at cancelling, but apparently punishing the "cancellers" is unheard of.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... did he even know he had been replaced? My take is that he didn't and found out along with us.

So, where are all apologies from "I'm so happy Bli$$ shielded us about sleazy undesirable" mob for all the stinky shit they spewed?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Dont get me wrong, but: How exactly was it different for "non celebritys"? Yes, if you use your job to sleep with woman DURING the job, that would have been grounds to be fired. But apart from that? Lets say a woman is totally into man that are good with animals. Do you think a guy would get fired just for mentioning he works at a dog grooming salon / at a vet? If he would have banged with her during buisness hours, then yes. But just saying "hey, i work at a vet"? Or if a girl says "my neck hurts", a guy wouldnt get fired just for mentioning he is a professional massues, even if that massage would lead into becoming intimate. Again, yes, if he did that on the job, he would get fired. But outside of it?

Dont get me wrong, but: How exactly was it different for "non celebritys"? Yes, if you use your job to sleep with woman DURING the job, that would have been grounds to be fired. But apart from that? Lets say a woman is totally into man that are good with animals. Do you think a guy would get fired just for mentioning he works at a dog grooming salon / at a vet? If he would have banged with her during buisness hours, then yes. But just saying "hey, i work at a vet"? Or if a girl says "my neck hurts", a guy wouldnt get fired just for mentioning he is a professional massues, even if that massage would lead into becoming intimate. Again, yes, if he did that on the job, he would get fired. But outside of it?

His decision? Yes. Was he involved at that point? Yes. Did he abuse his standing? No. I dont see how its his responibility to "deny" at this point, sorry. I mean, if we follow that path of logic, it would mean that he would never ever be allowed to get intimate in any way with people outside of his "standing". After all, anything he does with "non famous people" could / would be seen as him abusing his supposed fame.

He should sue Blizzard for wrongful termination and go for a couple of billion. Something that really hurts. Has this woman been fired from her job?