Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warcraft writers are really simping for Sylvanas, aren't they lol.

Betanuser is crying tears of joy.

can't wait to find out new retcons.

obviously I won't buy it but it will be awesome to see a thread here to see what garbage they wrote this time.

no doubt they will go with Sylvanas was good all along and she was fighting for good BS.

a copy paste from Illidan novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    yikes, even the description gives me "she was working for the GREATER GOOD ALL ALONG, didnt we fool u guys good?!?!" vibes.
    also, i cant remember a single decent golden book. not one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    no no
    that would be too restricting for godking danuser.
    easier to silently retcon stuff when its only mentioned in a book, and no trace of it can be found ingame.
    at least it's gonna be awesome to see Blizzard's White Knights defending this around here
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2021-04-22 at 08:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    next they release a new movie Warcraft 2: World of Sylvanas
    Implying they won't follow the Rambo movies. World of Warcraft is First Blood, Warcraft: Sylvanas is Rambo: First Blood Part II, and from then on it's just Sylvanas III.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they would up their production on audiobooks..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Implying they won't follow the Rambo movies. World of Warcraft is First Blood, Warcraft: Sylvanas is Rambo: First Blood Part II, and from then on it's just Sylvanas III.
    Slyvannas II Electric Boogaloo - Its just Bill and Teds Excellent Adventures but it is Slyvannas and Anduin traveling back in time to see that she isnt such a bad dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Crizdog View Post
    Slyvannas II Electric Boogaloo - Its just Bill and Teds Excellent Adventures but it is Slyvannas and Anduin traveling back in time to see that she isnt such a bad dude.
    Be careful, there's NDAs, Blizzard don't want you spoiling the book like that.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, we can all enjoy the blossoming romance between Andy and Sylvie!

Quote Originally Posted by Crizdog View Post
    Will Sylvanas and Anduin give Jailor a "melvin"?

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Oh well, we can all enjoy the blossoming romance between Andy and Sylvie!
    that would make me reinstall

Watch Blizzard retcon Sylvanas' childhood to give her a sob story.

"I was born ugly, clumsy, dumb, no one liked or respected me, no one acknowledged me. I constantly lived in the shadow of my big sister Alleria, whom everyone loved, admired, respected. I just wanted to be acknowledged..."

Cue sad Naruto music because this shit has already turned into an anime
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Sylvanas book? Well..... it seems they are hellbent on whitewashing genocide.... again....
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Watch Blizzard retcon Sylvanas' childhood to give her a sob story.

"I was born ugly, clumsy, dumb, no one liked or respected me, no one acknowledged me. I constantly lived in the shadow of my big sister Alleria, whom everyone loved, admired, respected. I just wanted to be acknowledged..."

Cue sad Naruto music because this shit has already turned into an anime
    Then we'll get to the part where she bravely defends her family against the Scourge, even though they didn't deserve her loyalty. After a rehashing of the events leading up to SL, where at every turn Sylvanas is portrayed as Cassandra, crying out against the machine of death; we will see a brief reunion with her sisters, who gang up on her because she smells.

Driven deeper into the arms of the Jailer, Nathanos tries to save her but big bad Tyrande violently murders the love of her life. Finally, as clouds of darkness surround her, her little Lion appears to save her. She renounces her misguided ways and love of barbequed Kal'dorei and ascends to become High Queen of the Alliance.

That date... November? This means one of two things... the patch won’t be released until November OR! Sylvannas will survive the 9.1 encounter

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are hoping to get 9.2 out around November.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Spoiler: This book will be mostly about Anduin/from Anduin Pov and Sylvie will just make confession.

With Golden writing it, thats what i expect.

So like, what's even the point of this book? We already know that Sylvanas makes the choice to stab Anduin and turn him into Lich King 3.0. (She is Lich King 2.0.). It would have made more sense to release this book BEFORE 9.1 cinematic trailer. Unless they are referring to some other choice but honestly who cares, I'm just waiting for 10.0. I'll prepare popcorns though.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Spoiler: This book will be mostly about Anduin/from Anduin Pov and Sylvie will just make confession.

With Golden writing it, thats what i expect.
    I've got a great idea, the Horde and Alliance can put Sylvie on trial for what she's done and Andy can visit her in her cell between court sessions.

I'm thinking, maybe Baine as defence and Tyrande as prosecution. What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I've got a great idea, the Horde and Alliance can put Sylvie on trial for what she's done and Andy can visit her in her cell between court sessions.

I'm thinking, maybe Baine as defence and Tyrande as prosecution. What do you think?
    As long as trial is held by vulpera and not pandaren because as we know, vulpera suffered the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I mean it's Golden. It'd be strange if he wasn't in it and the main character. She could get assigned to write about Thorim and Sif's marital relations and there'd still be a scene where he asks Odyn to look into the future so he can aspire to Anduin's example as a man.
    Never forget her decrying one of the strongest willed characters in WoW lore (Garrosh) as weak lol.

One of the issues I think is Blizzard having no fucking clue who to put in charge of things. Christie Golden isn't a bad writer but she might be the worst writer for a game like this. This is a fantasy RPG, an escape from the real world, the last thing I need is some shallow lecture about toxic masculinity or what a man is or more pro-women stories for characters like Sylvanas.

Sylvanas has ironically become one of the most shallow, one-dimensional characters we've seen since getting so much attention by the story team.

Give me a good, entertaining story first. Don't prioritize whatever statement you want to make with your work, Golden. (She will)

3+ Year Old Account
    Okay, wow books are over for me. fkc the lore team, fck sylvanas, fck retcons, fck everything. I've collected every single wow book but i just had enough at this point.

Golden should have retired after the Arthas book, and that is a fact.