Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Not his fault though. That was the material he was given. Even HE doesnt like Rhonin. He was just a contractor. Golden, OTOH, is actually allowed to create and guide the story. Shes a narrative lead at Blizzard.

That was why i made the distinction. And I’m not saying Knaack is an amazing author. Hes strictly B-tier. But hes still miles nd miles better than the utter dog shit filled, flaming dumpster fire that is Golden.
    Golden doesn’t actually create/guide the story she just flesh’s out the ideas that the lore team has rather that be in cutscenes or books and then add fluff.

The same thing Knaack did but with added cutscenes and such.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-04-22 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    ....I hate you for this comment. Because I can totally see Golden trying something that dumb. How dare you make me even think about this a little bit x.x

Though thankfully Sylvanas is undead so therefore can't have babies.
    oh you simply lack imagination,for you see...anduins holy and pure ehmm fluids have very potent cleansing capabilities,his spawn can thrive in even the most vile of caverns

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh you simply lack imagination,for you see...anduins holy and pure ehmm fluids have very potent cleansing capabilities,his spawn can thrive in even the most vile of caverns
    I just....that reeks of terrible fan-fiction. Which means it's absolutely within the realm of possibility with Christie Golden.

Blizz all "Aw shit guys, we can't have her redemption arc, currently. We need to rehabilitate her image, everyone hates her. Quick, make a story, we'll make money, and help rehabilitate her image."

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    Say what you will about Golden, but she is no where near as bad as Knaak. Take what Golden does with Anduin, then multiply that obnoxiousness by 10, and you get Knaak with Rhonin.

The only character that I think is more hated than Rhonin was Med'an.
    You forgot dragons. DRAGONS! No Knaak without at least 5 dragons involved.

time to kerrigan the s...t out of sylvanas

10.0 almost confirmed as invasion of light on azeroth and sylvanas being kerrigan .

You guys should be writers. The book isn't out yet and you all know what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    You guys should be writers. The book isn't out yet and you all know what's going to happen.
    We have plenty of works from the author to cobble together an image. Its not like she suddenly started taking writing lessons or anything. Her ego is too big for that.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    You forgot dragons. DRAGONS! No Knaak without at least 5 dragons involved.
    Again, he was paid to do exactly that. In fact he and Metzen hammered out the whole dragon lore of the franchise in the first place.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Thanks, I hate it. I really can't stand the fact that Golden is one of Blizzard's lead writers now.
    Blizzard rewarding ineptitude and incompetence, what a shocker.

It's just corporate pandering, trying to appeal to a group of people who don't play this game anyway by making female-centric stories no one in the community wants at this point. This is going to be the 2nd Sylvanas centered expansion. Think about that. Varian never had an entire expansion focused around him. The Lich King never did.

The Horde storyline since Legion has been all about Sylvanas. They shit on one of their best characters in Vol'jin just to give her the spotlight she didn't deserve.

Baine might suck as a character but at least his existence meant there could be scenes in-game with someone who wasn't Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Retcons are needed to keep interest in already established characters, you cannot move the narrative of an mmorpg with loads of pre-established lore without them, so either don't complain about them or complain about it with futility.
    No, no it's not. Just means you have to actually try, and have a plan in mind for characters.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Blizzard rewarding ineptitude and incompetence, what a shocker.
    At least Golden doesn't sugar coat war criminals like Garrosh and Sylvanas. I know the Horde posters here would much rather have their icons freed from any and all blame or even better, proven correct for murdering civilians, but luckily Golden isn't one for doing that.

It's just corporate pandering, trying to appeal to a group of people who don't play this game anyway by making female-centric stories no one in the community wants at this point. This is going to be the 2nd Sylvanas centered expansion. Think about that. Varian never had an entire expansion focused around him. The Lich King never did.
    The Lich King never had an expansion focussed around him? ... ehm... what do you think the LK in WotLK stands for? O.o

But besides that the real difference between Sylvanas and Varian isn't their gender. It's their faction. There hasn't been an expansion featuring an Alliance character prominently for over a decade. MoP was all about Garrosh (and Pandas), WoD was about Garrosh (and more Orcs), Legion was kicked loose by Garrosh's actions and had Gul'dan as central villain for halve it's runtime, BFA then was about Sylvanas and SLs is too.
    Alliance characters are just extras that get to react whenever the Horde or it's Warchief starts some cataclysmic event and then has to safe the world, before the Horde destroys it like they destroyed their own planet.

The Horde storyline since Legion has been all about Sylvanas. They shit on one of their best characters in Vol'jin just to give her the spotlight she didn't deserve.

Baine might suck as a character but at least his existence meant there could be scenes in-game with someone who wasn't Sylvanas.
    True. But Sylvanas is an icon for the Horde playerbase, it's really no wonder she was featured prominently. And the only thing the Horde fanbase loves more then Sylvanas is murdering Alliance civilians, so they got two for two with BFA. Can't really blame the Devs for that, it's what the community wants. Well, one halve of the community, the other halve only exists to play punching bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume the point of this book is to explain Sylvanas reasoning and to wrap up her story.

Just what everyone wanted, more Sylvanas. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I assume the point of this book is to explain Sylvanas reasoning and to wrap up her story.
    Yes, I think so. It makes sense since her reasoning is barely touched upon with several points conflicting with each other. The books quality will also be directly dependend on how Sylvanas comes out of the next patch.

If she gets her redemption (as is Danusers clear wish) it will be atrocious, because Golden will have to somehow twist all the evil shit she has done into a manner where it becomes acceptable or someone else's fault. It will be the tragedy of Sylvanas Windrunner, who tried so hard to do good, but the world conspired against her to push her onto the evil path.

If she dies a villain, Golden can tell the story she wanted to tell since the Lich King book. With a selfish, cruel and evil creature with no regard for anyone but herself. Ready to step over a billion corpses to get what she wants.

But let's be real. The chance we get the latter are near zero. Danuser will never allow that to happen.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Bring out the retcons! Again.
    retcons are fine, as long as they make sense in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    About time they explain her reasoning, been only like forever they left us in the dark with her.
    Its going to be one hell of an anticlimax I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyfaria View Post
    I've read the post about 15 times, and no where does it say she dies in the next raid.
    Well, if it is the "definitive story" of Sylvanas, like it's said in the second sentence of the post, then she will not get any new stories after this book (because of the meaning of the word definitive). Which means she dies. Either metaphorically, meaning she will disappear to a place where we never see her again, or literally. Either way, she will never appear in Warcraft again. Unless of course, Blizzard does not know the meaning of the word definitive, which is certainly possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yes, I think so. It makes sense since her reasoning is barely touched upon with several points conflicting with each other. The books quality will also be directly dependend on how Sylvanas comes out of the next patch.

If she gets her redemption (as is Danusers clear wish) it will be atrocious, because Golden will have to somehow twist all the evil shit she has done into a manner where it becomes acceptable or someone else's fault. It will be the tragedy of Sylvanas Windrunner, who tried so hard to do good, but the world conspired against her to push her onto the evil path.

If she dies a villain, Golden can tell the story she wanted to tell since the Lich King book. With a selfish, cruel and evil creature with no regard for anyone but herself. Ready to step over a billion corpses to get what she wants.

But let's be real. The chance we get the latter are near zero. Danuser will never allow that to happen.
    Regardless people is going to be angry.

Many people don't want her as a villain for the sake of villain, while others don't want her to have her atrocities sweep under the rug, so i think we are going to have both things, like her realizing that everything she have done for the sake of her "greater good? ended up being more evil and, in the end, not truly justified and have her do something "good" at the end of her story to have her end as a "Anti-hero" or a "Villain turn into a hero" last stand.

At this point, it cannot be solved in a good way.