Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Chris Hardwick remains the only man to survive cancel culture

Idk how he did it but he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    OH WHAT A SURPRISE the metoo movement flops again as women are their own worst enemy, metoo was created to give women an outlet who were afraid to come forward. Do you know why women are usually afraid? for this exact bullshit because women use fake claims against men everyday and then no one believes them and then women wonder why no one believes them because 99% of the time it's fake bullshit.
    It's not fair to the women who have actually been attacked or assaulted, but you can't blame people for doubting this shit when EVERY SINGLE TIME this is the outcome. I hate women who fake claim shit but I hate the twitter mob more, they grab their pitchforks and ruin a mans life cause a couple of cunts make fake claims. Then when he's innocent, nothing happens. The liars go back home as heroic victims, the judges sleep soundly at night, the twitter mob focuses on their next target and the REAL victim is left jobless, ruined life, ruined family and has their voice work replaced cause blizzard are a bunch of left wing morons
    I doubt political leanings have much to do with it. There's certainly elements of it that are political, and parties tend to ignore and quell accusations against their own (granted only one of the two major parties is promoting MeToo) but I don't think politics are the root of the problem.

The issue is social media making small groups of people appear like a majority. If you get a million people to yell at the same time about something on twitter it trends, despite a million being a tiny fucking fraction of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    You aren't obligated to be in a relationship with someone after they had sex with you. It's not creepy to have sex and decide you aren't compatible. And you can only use fame to sleep with someone if they value fame as a trait for people they sleep with, which is actually very fucking creepy and shallow.
    This. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    don't get my hopes up
    I'm sorry, I just really want a sequel to that game.

Especially with the same guy doing the soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yeah cause the women only want a one night stand with him cause of his status. Get the fuck outta here lmfao. Yes most people hope to get in a relationship with someone that has status. Thats just it they want a relationship not a one night stand.
    How dare he to not give her realtionship she worked for so hard by that sex! That Male Pig! Everyone knows that males are obliged to serve woman after any sexual action with her!

Are you sure it's him, who needs to "GTFO" with such insane entitlement?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    How dare he to not give her realtionship she worked for so hard by that sex! That Male Pig! Everyone knows that males are obliged to serve woman after any sexual action with her!

Are you sure it's him, who needs to "GTFO" with such insane entitlement?
    No, that would be you. Next time read further before replying. You won't look so retarded.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

As a woman, I have to say some things about the QF affair and comments to that:

1) "Me too" is necessary. Any man who sais otherwise is an accomplice of rapist and sexual abusers.

2) "Innocent until proven guilty" is a very important ideal, so when accusations come up, wait until the verdict from a court.

3) One night stands are not a bad thing, and both men and women use their given bonuses (be it attractiveness, money, power, fame, or a combination of some) to get laid. This is totally okay, as long as its consensual and both people are on the same page about their expectations. Just be sensible about STDs and contraceptions.
    What is not okay is to be misleading in order to get sexual contacts - like, if the one person wants to hook up just for a night, and the other would only have sexual contacts with people who aim to get into a relationship. Of course, this is a bit murky - because some people are so much guided by their wishful thinking that they delude themselves, like in the case of this stalker.

Your know, my solution for that is just not to flirt with any man except the one where I would definitively go to the end. About a decade ago, I have been wrongfully accused to be a seducer who wanted to get a guy and break a relationship. Ironically, he was the one who was constantly chasing after skirts and playfully hitting on me, but his moronic girlfriend seemed to think otherwise (probably also fueled by rumors from other people who wanted to get rid of me). Though I don't like this type of men, I have been friendly to him, because I knew that he was not really serious into me and because I knew that nothing would ever happen. But still - bam, there goes the reputation of being a slut. Thankfully, the only repercussion from that was me losing a raid spot, and no RL issues. Needless to say, I did not want to stay in that guild anymore, not only from this alone, there have been other problems on top (like some gals really using ther sexuality to get favors from guild officers, among others, while being not as good players as I am).

4) False accusations, especially in such a case where the good reputation of a person is the main prerequisite to get jobs, should be punished. No matter what gender this person has. And if the accusations are true, the culprit has been punished and did truly change their ways to the better, than them deserves a second chance.

Anyway, I am sorry for Quinton Flynn. He lost though he won at court. This is bitter.
    Last edited by scubi666stacy; 2021-04-22 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I'm sorry, I just really want a sequel to that game.

Especially with the same guy doing the soundtrack.
    Yeah same, such a good example of how great over the top stuff can be if you just own it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    So. Fucking. What? They only reason twitterscum even can "go apeshit" is that people try to appease them for some absolutely unfathomable reason. Spit on them, detest them, sue them when you have opportunity and this scum will choke on their squealing. Just as they should.
    Mate please take a second to read what I'm actually saying. I'm NOT saying that Blizzard are acting the right way. I'm NOT trying to justify Blizzards actions. I'm only explaining why they chose to act like they did. I'm saying that Blizzard are cowards (like many other big companies) so of course they take the easy solution that will course the least backlash for them. They don't care about their employees. Blizzard are not going to run into a burning building to save their employees. They are cowards.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2021-04-22 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean it's utterly ridiculous that Teen Vogue still hasn't fired the woman who made it her mission to get her new boss fired from old tweets that weren't even THAT bad(insensitive sure, but from when she was 17) and then the cow makes her twitter private when it turns out she's been dropping n bombs on her twitter history. Yet Ms. N-bomb is still supposedly employed there(fyi Ms N-bomb isn't black in the least not that it should matter).
    Its just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sorry to say but the only way for those people to stop is for companies to stop kowtowing to them. It's like a child throwing a tantrum on the floor of a supermarket for not getting the candy he wants. The last thing you do is give them that candy.
    Oh I am well aware, all I can do is keep my 'hatred' to my self x)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because no guilt was ever proven in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently he gave a 17 year old who asked for it a kiss and he stands by that? And that makes him a hyper-pedo groomer that needs to rot in jail or something.
    im really ashamed of our society/generation and how weak it is.

Random Side note- Some cops seized a bike from a teenager because he didnt have a bycycle license.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone even commented on the other news in this post?

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    As a woman, I have to say some things about the QF affair and comments to that:

1) "Me too" is necessary. Any man who sais otherwise is an accomplice of rapist and sexual abusers.

2) "Innocent until proven guilty" is a very important ideal, so when accusations come up, wait until the verdict from a court.

3) One night stands are not a bad thing, and both men and women use their given bonuses (be it attractiveness, money, power, fame, or a combination of some) to get laid. This is totally okay, as long as its consensual and both people are on the same page about their expectations. Just be sensible about STDs and contraceptions.
    What is not okay is to be misleading in order to get sexual contacts - like, if the one person wants to hook up just for a night, and the other would only have sexual contacts with people who aim to get into a relationship. Of course, this is a bit murky - because some people are so much guided by their wishful thinking that they delude themselves, like in the case of this stalker.

Your know, my solution for that is just not to flirt with any man except the one where I would definitively go to the end. About a decade ago, I have been wrongfully accused to be a seducer who wanted to get a guy and break a relationship. Ironically, he was the one who was constantly chasing after skirts and playfully hitting on me, but his moronic girlfriend seemed to think otherwise (probably also fueled by rumors from other people who wanted to get rid of me). Though I don't like this type of men, I have been friendly to him, because I knew that he was not really serious into me and because I knew that nothing would ever happen. But still - bam, there goes the reputation of being a slut. Thankfully, the only repercussion from that was me losing a raid spot, and no RL issues. Needless to say, I did not want to stay in that guild anymore, not only from this alone, there have been other problems on top (like some gals really using ther sexuality to get favors from guild officers, among others, while being not as good players as I am).

4) False accusations, especially in such a case where the good reputation of a person is the main prerequisite to get jobs, should be punished. No matter what gender this person has. And if the accusations are true, the culprit has been punished and did truly change their ways to the better, than them deserves a second chance.

Anyway, I am sorry for Quinton Flynn. He lost though he won at court. This is bitter.
    Problem here is "metoo" has been largely twisted so your second point is no longer true in the court of public opinion. That is where the vast majority of "anti-metoo" sentiment stems from, it isnt majorily from "men who thinks rape is okay"

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Problem here is "metoo" has been largely twisted so your second point is no longer true in the court of public opinion. That is where the vast majority of "anti-metoo" sentiment stems from, it isnt majorily from "men who thinks rape is okay"
    Nah, it's just a majority from men perpetuating the myth that false accusations are more common than very real accusations that never lead to justice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MensLib/com...ns_and_why_we/

For some balance to the insanity. The majority of false accusations aren't even made against a real person. Men need not fear a reverse Handmaid's Tale.

TLDR the link:

TL;DR
    For both genders you are way more likely to be raped then falsely accused of rape.

The estimated number of false rape accusations are around 2-10% at the highest out of a 33% report rate.

For 216 False Rape Accusations only 39 named suspects, and only 2 got charged. That means that only 18% of False Rape Accusations actually accuse someone and that only 0.9% of false rape accusations ended up on court.

Vast majority of false rape accusations are made by Teenagers, Parents of Children, and the Homeless.

55% of False Rape Accusations are in hopes of getting free medical treatment. Next major category is from teenagers justifying their absences to parents.

Serial accusations and people accusing others to get a promotion or to cover for a failed test almost never happens. The individuals who do tend to have a clear cut history of other forms of fraud in their history and are usually legitimate victims of sexual assault as children.

Accusations on decades old sexual assaults, Sexual Promiscuity and Self Denial are not indicative of a false rape accuser.

Older studies on the issue tend to be unreliable due to the limited knowledge of rape and how victims act.

Police tend to accuse people of false accusations way more then there are false accusers due to use of pseudoscience equipment like the Polygraph or sexist beliefs like "sluttyness"

Its more likely that police will dismiss a real victim of sexual assault as false then accuse someone falsely of sexual assault.

The whole issue of False Rape Accusations have been hijacked by reactionaries as a vehicle to push for infringements of women rights. As the data shows the issue of false rape accusations are over hyped and the narrative spread on the internet just doesn't hold up.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____

Any man using MeToo as an excuse for the increasing violence against women, the removal of women's rights and runs around believing that women suddenly have a power that they didn't have prior to MeToo, are part of the sexist cesspool problem.

There's a far greater risk, especially with facial recognition tech, of being falsely accused of robbery or murder. Alas, that doesn't seem to worry people half as much as the mind-monster of false rape accusations.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-04-22 at 04:24 PM.

It just like the old saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Basically they bitch, alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Nah, it's just a majority from men perpetuating the myth that false accusations are more common than very real accusations that never lead to justice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MensLib/com...ns_and_why_we/

For some balance to the insanity. The majority of false accusations aren't even made against a real person. Men need not fear a reverse Handmaid's Tale.

TLDR the link:

TL;DR
    For both genders you are way more likely to be raped then falsely accused of rape.

The estimated number of false rape accusations are around 2-10% at the highest out of a 33% report rate.

For 216 False Rape Accusations only 39 named suspects, and only 2 got charged. That means that only 18% of False Rape Accusations actually accuse someone and that only 0.9% of false rape accusations ended up on court.

Vast majority of false rape accusations are made by Teenagers, Parents of Children, and the Homeless.

55% of False Rape Accusations are in hopes of getting free medical treatment. Next major category is from teenagers justifying their absences to parents.

Serial accusations and people accusing others to get a promotion or to cover for a failed test almost never happens. The individuals who do tend to have a clear cut history of other forms of fraud in their history and are usually legitimate victims of sexual assault as children.

Accusations on decades old sexual assaults, Sexual Promiscuity and Self Denial are not indicative of a false rape accuser.

Older studies on the issue tend to be unreliable due to the limited knowledge of rape and how victims act.

Police tend to accuse people of false accusations way more then there are false accusers due to use of pseudoscience equipment like the Polygraph or sexist beliefs like "sluttyness"

Its more likely that police will dismiss a real victim of sexual assault as false then accuse someone falsely of sexual assault.

The whole issue of False Rape Accusations have been hijacked by reactionaries as a vehicle to push for infringements of women rights. As the data shows the issue of false rape accusations are over hyped and the narrative spread on the internet just doesn't hold up.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____

Any man using MeToo as an excuse for the increasing violence against women, the removal of women's rights and runs around believing that women suddenly have a power that they didn't have prior to MeToo, are part of the sexist cesspool problem.

There's a far greater risk, especially with facial recognition tech, of being falsely accused of robbery or murder. Alas, that doesn't seem to worry people half as much as the mind-monster of false rape accusations.
    Thing with the studies linked is that they are based on having conclussive evidence(albeit they state that some jurisdictions not adhering to the FBI standards.), as a claim of false accusation obviously should be.

This doesnt mean 90-98% are true however if you did the same study but with a focus on how many rape accusations were confirmably true, the numbers would look shockingly low as well.

Point of my original post is we have lost the "innocent till proven guilty" pov and have allowed court of public opinion to roll rampant. The studies linked also only consider the courtly ramifications not the social ones.

Women need to be believed when they report a crime, obviously, but it needs to stop at the investigative and juridistical elements, and not include twitter hordes putting pressure on anything related to people not yet convicted, which sadly is a vast part of the actively loud MeToo movement at this point.
    Last edited by Pozz; 2021-04-22 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Thing with the studies linked is that they are based on having conclussive evidence(albeit they state that some jurisdictions not adhering to the FBI standards.), as a claim of false accusation obviously should be.

This doesnt mean 90-98% are true however if you did the same study but with a focus on how many rape accusations were confirmably true, the numbers would look shockingly low as well.

Point of my original post is we have lost the "innocent till proven guilty" pov and have allowed court of public opinion to roll rampant. The studies linked also only consider the courtly ramifications not the social ones.

Women need to be believed when they report a crime, obviously, but it needs to stop at the investigative and juridistical elements, and not include twitter hordes putting pressure on anything related to people not yet convicted, which sadly is a vast part of the actively loud MeToo movement at this point.
    I am of the opinion that social media was a mistake. I am countering the people making false rape accusations into something far more common than it actually is.

In my opinion should not a single case be reported on social media nor regular media until it has been through the court. Sadly, with how common it is for victims not to be believed, social media has become a way of feeling supported. Obviously, as with everything, there will be those abusing it for nefarious reasons. But they DO NOT outnumber the real cases that never see justice served. There is a world outside the Web.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Should be renamed to cancer culture, since it's basically something that suddenly kills you and you are powerless to change the course of things. And I say this as a member of a cancer-inclined family. Too bad that an entire freaking country thinks this is okay.

I lost a big heaping chunk of respect for Blizzard for buying into this nonsense. As for Quinton himself, you go king. You won a great battle in a society that looks down on you just because you are a man accused by a woman, and that is not a small feat to accomplish. I sincerely hope that your career can lift off again.
    And you know they bought into it how? Nobody knows why Blizzard re-recorded the lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Badlanguage View Post
    blizzard owes this guy a public apology, and this women needs to be named and sued for defamation, an example needs to be made or people will keep telling these lies because one day people will stop listening and all the women who actually have these things happen to them wont get the help they need...
    Blizzard owes him nothing. You don't know why Blizzard did what they did and they can do that for whatever reason they wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Wow it's almost like all the sane posters here that called out this bs and slander and justifying blizzard for removing his voicelines were wrong, again. It really is wisest to assume people are innocent until proven guilty instead of jumping to conclusion like blizz and many people on mmo-champion did. I'm glad he called her out, what a shitty woman. And you just KNOW blizzard wont put his voicelines back because that would be admitting fault.
    Blizzardf can cut ties with a VA for whatever reason they wish unless it is discriminating against race, gender, or orientation. The irony here is that you are guilty of what you accuse Blizzard of by assuming they re-did the lines because of this incident and you are the one jumping to a conclusion. The hypocrisy is strong here.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    And you know they bought into it how? Nobody knows why Blizzard re-recorded the lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard owes him nothing. You don't know why Blizzard did what they did and they can do that for whatever reason they wish.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzardf can cut ties with a VA for whatever reason they wish unless it is discriminating against race, gender, or orientation. The irony here is that you are guilty of what you accuse Blizzard of by assuming they re-did the lines because of this incident and you are the one jumping to a conclusion. The hypocrisy is strong here.
    Do I need to remind you of the Blitzchung incident? Blizzard absolutely fired him and rerecorded his lines to save face. You can try and support Blizzard all you want but this company is one that cares more about what shareholders think than what the truth really is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Do I need to remind you of the Blitzchung incident? Blizzard absolutely fired him and rerecorded his lines to save face. You can try and support Blizzard all you want but this company is one that cares more about what shareholders think than what the truth really is.
    Prove it. SHow me a link or source that Blizzard says that is why they did it. Blitzchung is irrelevant and "Because I said so" does not count as proof either.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Prove it. SHow me a link or source that Blizzard says that is why they did it. Blitzchung is irrelevant and "Because I said so" does not count as proof either.
    Yeah,a knee jerk,rushed attempt to purge him from their records and replace his voice lines with another VA right as he was being falsely accused and turned into a scapegoat. I wonder why Blizzard decided to replace him