Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SPIOLERS: Unguarded Chamber

SPOILERS:

in 9.1 it is 100% confirmed that the Primus and Runecarver are one and the same. And as some alluded the whole thing was a ploy to get the player to unlock the key of the Primus by using Runecarver himself to unlock the very thing he (Primus) locked away via "memory magic"

We haven't see the cinematic that plays out but it seems like the Jailer walks away with the key but somehow Primus is allowed to escape along with the player...

Why is the chamber so unguarded? Why not have legions of guards there waiting in the shadows for the right moment? Why does the jailer continously allow us to enter his halls with little to no resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    SPOILERS:
    Why is the chamber so unguarded? Why not have legions of guards there waiting in the shadows for the right moment? Why does the jailer continously allow us to enter his halls with little to no resistance?
    Because he's a garbage no-name, no-personality villain who was made up out of nowhere for this expansion, and will fall into the depths of complete irrelevancy when 10.0 drops. Same reason why the Iron Horde was so pathetically weak and lost every battle they ever fought in.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    SPOILERS:

in 9.1 it is 100% confirmed that the Primus and Runecarver are one and the same. And as some alluded the whole thing was a ploy to get the player to unlock the key of the Primus by using Runecarver himself to unlock the very thing he (Primus) locked away via "memory magic"

We haven't see the cinematic that plays out but it seems like the Jailer walks away with the key but somehow Primus is allowed to escape along with the player...

Because he doesn’t want to stop us. He wants us to assist the Runecarver because that furthers his plan

SPOILERS:

Why is the chamber so unguarded? Why not have legions of guards there waiting in the shadows for the right moment? Why does the jailer continously allow us to enter
    his halls with little to no resistance?
    And then what? We die in the ambush and the credits roll, the Jailer wins, the end?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because he's a garbage no-name, no-personality villain who was made up out of nowhere for this expansion, and will fall into the depths of complete irrelevancy when 10.0 drops. Same reason why the Iron Horde was so pathetically weak and lost every battle they ever fought in.
    Same thing happens to almost every villain in WoW. We beat them and they become irrelevant after their patch

Sargeras and the Legion were dumb in their expac. Same will happen with Zovaal and the Void Lords

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Same thing happens to almost every villain in WoW. We beat them and they become irrelevant after their patch
    Not Nefarian, not Ragnaros, not Kel'thuzad, not Kael'thas, not Kil'jaeden, not Garrosh, not Gul'dan, not Azshara, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, the Janitor.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

SPOILERS:

He likely wanted the Players to gain the trust of the Runecarver he could either:

Wait for them to bring the Sigil to him to the Jailer could just take it (which is exactly what happened)

Or hopefully gain the memories/knowledge needed to learn of the Korthia Sigil’s password and whatnot and hopefully the sepulcher’s location which is supposedly his trophy

- - - Updated - - -

Not Nefarian, not Ragnaros, not Kel'thuzad, not Kael'thas, not Kil'jaeden, not Garrosh, not Gul'dan, not Azshara, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, the Janitor.
    Gul’dan was a fucking moron. Same with KJ and Azshara. Tf are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    And then what? We die in the ambush and the credits roll, the Jailer wins, the end?
    That would actually be kind of cool.

and quite a lot of them were also irelevant BEFORE their patch/expansion...
    and a lot actualy didnt even exist before their patch...

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh, look, what we have here. A typical meta answer to a lore post, how predictable. "Duh, lore bad." Other people already answered to your follow-up post, and I agree. We still have a MMO here. Naturally villains come and go, it's not like other mediums do it different. Derailing posts like that is just annoying.

OT: Well, we also now know that the Primus predicted what was about to happen. And this Torghast chamber is in the depths of Torghast, no need to protect it extra. We see how the Jailor instantly arrives when he feels the Primus awaken again. So it's not like it wasn't secure enough. Primus also states that the Jailor doesn't kill us to see us be dominated out of spite. Which is his revenge flaw.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Yes, the Janitor.
    Yes C’Thun, Yes Gruul, Yes Magtheridon, Yes Malygos, Yes Yogg-Saron, Yes Anuburak, Yes Sinestra, Yes Al’akir, Yes Deathwing, Yes Sha of Fear, Yes Grand Empress, Yes Lei Shen, Yes Imperator Margok (sp), Yes Blackhand, Yes Archimonde, Yes Xavius, Yes Argus, Yes Ghuun, Yes N’Zoth

Seems the ones who only last a patch far outweigh the ones that return. Also since you are obviously able to see into the future and know exactly what the story entails can you give me next week’s lottery numbers please?

Yes C’Thun, Yes Gruul, Yes Magtheridon, Yes Malygos, Yes Yogg-Saron, Yes Anuburak, Yes Sinestra, Yes Al’akir, Yes Deathwing, Yes Sha of Fear, Yes Grand Empress, Yes Lei Shen, Yes Imperator Margok (sp), Yes Blackhand, Yes Archimonde, Yes Xavius, Yes Argus, Yes Ghuun, Yes N’Zoth

Seems the ones who only last a patch far outweigh the ones that return. Also since you are obviously able to see into the future and know exactly what the story entails can you give me next week’s lottery numbers please?
    Buddy I already gave an example of trash like the Jailer in the form of the Iron Horde, so clearly I'm not acting like it's an exception. I don't know what you want from me.

Buddy I already gave an example of trash like the Jailer in the form of the Iron Horde, so clearly I'm not acting like it's an exception. I don't know what you want from me.
    You can't compare him to the Iron Horde though. His army is akin to the Legion's (If not, larger), he has more victories than the Iron Horde so far, and he's currently winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, by the first patch of WoD, the Iron Horde was legit gone. Turned into the Fel Horde.

While here, in 9.1, the Jailer's fuckin vibin and kicking ass rn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I mean technically being in the Shadowlands, if the Primus escapes while we fight to protect him from the ambush and end up dying in the process there could be a following quest where the Jailer seals our character's soul in some part of Torghast in preparation for our 'eternal torment' while displaying our corpse as some sort of grim victory trophy. We then have to channel our Maw walker connection and the fact we've had our soul shattered multiple times to dominate an unoccupied suit of Mawsworn armour, free our spirit and reclaim our corpse before escaping Torghast in an unique prison escape scenario before then ending up on a quest chain to go to each of the covenants and eventually rebind our souls to our corpses because stakes.

As an Alliance player, I still thinks it's dumb that one of the times we get 'ambushed' and incarcerated in some form due to negligence/unpreparedness was because Jaina's mother order us to be as a result of Jaina's own crime of patricide and betrayal which we had no involvement in. Oh also Naga randomly catching us in Legion was pretty lame.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I will give Blizzard a miniscule amount of credit because right after the fight the Primus flat out calls the Jailor a moron for this exact reason of letting them go despite his plan to get the Sigil otherwise working. I don't know if being self-aware about your baddie being slow is the go-to solution, but hey. Time-stamped.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

SPOILERS:

Where the hell have you been for the last few days. We don't need *another* thread on this - there's already one main threat going on the Primus.

MMO-shitposting I guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I will give Blizzard a miniscule amount of credit because right after the fight the Primus flat out calls the Jailor a moron for this exact reason of letting them go despite his plan to get the Sigil otherwise working. I don't know if being self-aware about your baddie being slow is the go-to solution, but hey. Time-stamped.
    I would assume he wants us to live because: A. We're perfect opportunities to being top Mawsworn Agents. And B. We're essentially the thing needed to bring the Jailer (VIA using Sylvanas as foil) to the Arbiter's sigil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason we beat pretty much everyone we fight...because the underestimate us until we have a way to actually fight back. It's a story that has been told time and again.

- The Lich King treats us as his toys, never believing we can actually kill him. (To be fair, he was mostly right)
    - Deathwing sees us as gnats helping out the Dragonflights, who in his eyes are the true enemy.
    - Once Garrosh kicks everyone out of the Horde, he treats Orgrimmar as impenetrable.
    - The Iron Horde treated us seriously initially in Tanaan, then forgot to leave their home zones to actually attack us.
    - After the Broken Shore, the Legion clearly felt we weren't strong enough to hold back this invasion and focused on Illidan.
    - N'Zoth successfully used us as pawns to bring him back, but never felt we could survive a fight against him.

With all of that, is it any surprise that the story of the Jailer is being an arrogant guy who thinks we are in over our head? Plus, he obviously thinks he has the best weapon he needs for his plan in Anduin. We may have the ability to traverse Torghast & The Maw (begrudgingly most weeks), but that doesn't mean that we would have nearly the power necessary to stop the Jailer if he is freed from his prison.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    - The Lich King treats us as his toys, never believing we can actually kill him. (To be fair, he was mostly right)
    Fully right, even. They pretty much resorted to a Lux ex Machina at the end, us only surviving because the Light randomly decided to break Tirion out and give him the power to shatter Frostmourne. We didn't really have anything to do with his defeat, we just pummeled his stunned body until candy fell out.