Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gold selling is illegal, but...

Yesterday i've watched video. (Sadly it was polish video, so not many may understand so i will not post source) Where was said, that Venezuela people, must play and farm gold in Runescape and then selling them for IRL currency, to even buy bread because economical crisis is too big.

And in that video is mentioned, that more and more Venezuelans are moving to WoW, trying sell gold. You think it might become an issue soon(TM)?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. /2 is already a problem with: selling mythic+, buy gladiator blabla.

The spam is rediculous, adding more losers trying to sell shit for gold isnt changing much because its already realy bad.

Why should WoW be any different than any other human activity?
    If something is considered profitable enough then there will always be people who will use it to their advantage.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

The spam is rediculous, adding more losers trying to sell shit for gold isnt changing much because its already realy bad.
    I mean that is what trade chat is for, to be fair. To sell stuff. Which includes runs. Don’t like it, put them on ignore or just switch trade chat off

10+ Year Old Account
    Boosters botters gold sellers are a very huge problem. Ofc always was but what is goin on nowadays its just obnoxious. I feel like trade chat is more commercial advertisment monument. Game hurts so much because of it IMO. I would like to switch to days when chat was about chatting not selling services. Blizz had to do smth with this asap. I know they are in this circle because of wow token play time shop boosts etc. but they game is killing it self a bit. They starting to ate their own tail.

Even without Venezuelans we have enough people selling gold, so it won't change anything.

is this a bad Venezuela joke?

I feel this is just a bad "But Venezuela" joke

You are that guy who blocks people who are selling in the tradechat(instead of leaving the channel)?.

You always been a special case for me.

To clarify OP - gold selling is NOT illegal, if you sell gold in WoW - the police will not come after you, there will be no fines or jail sentences.

It is in fact - against the T&C, no more and no less.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You'd have to do a lot of gold selling to make enough for your PC to run the game in the first place, but I am all for gold selling every day all day go for it peeps. The moment Blizzard decided they will sell gold themselves I moved squarely into the gold farmers', botters' and sellers' camp.

5+ Year Old Account
    As with most human activities, it may be as "illegal" (or technically against the ToS) as you want, but if it becomes lucrative enough, more and more people will be trying their hand at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    You think it might become an issue soon(TM)?
    Always has been.
    This issue is so old we had Nyhm making songs about it back in TBC.

How bad is it? Open up your caches from table missions and start putting each item on the AH.
    I guarantee you every single item has that one action that sells a single stack for 200k+

All of this is gold selling

wow,comparing people selling perfectly natural in game services for in game currency ....with people using extremly scumy methods to get gold and selling it for real money...wow...wow

and how is it a problem to advertise trading services?in A TRADE DEDICATED CHANNEL...that you can leave facepalm

i get it...you are to poor to aford any of their services,get over it

i do however think that blizz should just come up with a dedicated chat service with filters and stuff so people can easily acces these things so all the butthurts would just shut up,but who am i kidding,you would still moan about it

If WoW gold/$ is a problem in one's country, said country has much bigger problems than WoW.

To people thinking it is a joke... it is not.
    Video is from 2017 and personally not following the situation now but probably did not change much.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they use the word illegal in this context, they mean that it's against the game's rules -- not that it's a crime or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Yesterday i've watched video. (Sadly it was polish video, so not many may understand so i will not post source) Where was said, that Venezuela people, must play and farm gold in Runescape and then selling them for IRL currency, to even buy bread because economical crisis is too big.

And in that video is mentioned, that more and more Venezuelans are moving to WoW, trying sell gold. You think it might become an issue soon(TM)?
    Sad to hear if true but even so, real money gold purchase has been an issue forever. Even with the token system, it just turned them desperate. There is a market because people pay them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wow,comparing people selling perfectly natural in game services for in game currency ....with people using extremly scumy methods to get gold and selling it for real money...wow...wow

and how is it a problem to advertise trading services?in A TRADE DEDICATED CHANNEL...that you can leave facepalm

i get it...you are to poor to aford any of their services,get over it

i do however think that blizz should just come up with a dedicated chat service with filters and stuff so people can easily acces these things so all the butthurts would just shut up,but who am i kidding,you would still moan about it
    Its just that... Its disgusting in my opion. I mean we are talking about lvl 1 characters spamming for stupid gladiotr for gold. Its just as bad m8. You got all angry because you offer such service or whats your deal lol?

So yea i dont see the difference. Its all.about gold, you call it game service. So please stop your wow, wow what wtf does he say. Its just as bad. You can dissagree ofc free to do so.

Thnks for ruining my coffee, its all over the place now becsuse I had to laugh about the: you cant afford it bullshit.

My god how old are you?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    You are that guy who blocks people who are selling in the tradechat(instead of leaving the channel)?.

Who the hell are you.. You wanna feel special?

Sorry if you dissagree, its hard I know.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-04-23 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Why should WoW be any different than any other human activity?
    If something is considered profitable enough then there will always be people who will use it to their advantage.
    Because it's supposed to be a game and playing it should not create companies and workplaces for real money. When it involves real money, things change, because ppl want to get as much as possible for as little effort as possible so they WILL try to influence things. But i guess i am too naive to want a game be exempt for being treated as income source by ppl and companies.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post

Did you hit your head on the way here?
    If people are ruining a channel by spamming it with nonsense,it's on them,not on the people who actually want to use the channel for its intended purpose