Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

WoW Charity Pet Program $1 Million USD Goal Reached – Daisy Unlocked!

WoW Charity Pet Program $1 Million USD Goal Reached – Daisy Unlocked!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Congratulations! $1 Million USD was generously donated to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) by the World of Warcraft community! The Daisy, the Sloth goal has been reached and she will become available to modern World of Warcraft players for free as soon as possible on 23 April from within the Blizzard Shop.

Be sure to claim Daisy and Bananas before 2 August, 2021 in Europe, Russia and Asia (1 August in North and South America)! After this date, Daisy will be available to purchase in the in-game shop or in the Blizzard Shop and Bananas will no longer be available.

Your generosity to the MSF COVID-19 Crisis Fund will enable urgently needed medical care and support in more than 70 countries to counter the new coronavirus disease. Thank you for your global efforts in raising the funds to support MSF’s COVID-19 response activities worldwide during the WoW Charity Pet Program.

7+ Year Old Account
    So obnoxious model. Looks like 2004 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    What are you talking about? It looks perfectly modern for WoW. Now, Bananas on the other hand is a true relic of the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    If you're talking about Bananas then yeah..
    but Daisy looks good. Cuty little thing

congratulations on paying for the right to pay again

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    What does this even mean?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    both pets are free until 2nd of august

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hm doesn't seem to be available in the EU yet.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hm doesn't seem to be available in the EU yet.
    It's not here in the US either yet. My guess is later this morning when others are at work.

WOW ! we reached .5% of what kotik gets as an annual bonus for his work on graudually ruining the game/company we used to love... naisu

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to go to the people who with me choose to support a good cause!

And we even got two pets out of it. Well, everyone did even though some wined about other people instead.

Good job, everyone helped activision write off a mill in tax credit. Time for the celebrations.

You guys really manage to be mad about getting 2 pets and having a million dollars go to one of the best non profits that exists.

Go on, complain about Bob Kotick. It has absolutely nothing to do with this event. Hey, imagine if this event was 1.5 years ago, then you could have complained about "how dare you give money to this and not FREE HONG KONG???".

Complaining about things like this makes Blizzard see our feedback as garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Good job, everyone helped activision write off a mill in tax credit. Time for the celebrations.
    You do know they can't write off any of it right? All the donations went straight through charity's website.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    You guys really manage to be mad about getting 2 pets and having a million dollars go to one of the best non profits that exists.

Go on, complain about Bob Kotick. It has absolutely nothing to do with this event. Hey, imagine if this event was 1.5 years ago, then you could have complained about "how dare you give money to this and not FREE HONG KONG???".

Complaining about things like this makes Blizzard see our feedback as garbage.
    Yes, but remember ~ AcTiViSiOn bLiZzArD bAd ~

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I never quite understood how that works.. isn't it only shady when a company donates to a charity they have an investment in? Like donating to the local church which you then get a construction contract for.

Remember when they start this? The CEO of blizzard gave himself a $200M bonus and laid off hella people? But yayyyy $1M raised!! (just donate straight to doctors without boarders so they get all the money)

I would never donate through this dogshit company to get them some positive reputation, but rather just donate straight to the doctors. This company is in the sewers, it smells and reeks of shit, I'm actually ashamed I'm still subbed to this company.
    If only FFxiv didn't have crap user interface, and with the addon ecosystem wow have, I would probably switch real fast. But everything in that game just makes me wanna puke. It looks great in ctrl+z mode
    Last edited by cface; 2021-04-23 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliblaze View Post
    just donate straight to doctors without boarders so they get all the money
    That is what happened. It didn't go through Blizzard. It doesn't count as a tax write-off unless they also donated. They don't get to take a cut. It wasn't even hosted on a Blizzard website.

It went straight to the charity - the page was merely branded with some of Blizzards assets.

Anyone that donated can count it towards their own tax write-off. If Blizzard donated, they'd be able to do that too, but since it was a whole bunch of individuals, each of those individuals can use their donation as a tax write-off (read your local and national legislation for specifics).
    Last edited by C20; 2021-04-23 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliblaze View Post
    (just donate straight to doctors without boarders so they get all the money)
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    just donate straight to the doctors.
    You know if you guys spent less time shitting on Blizzard you'd know this is exactly how this charity works. You cannot give Blizzard any money nor can they write off any of it.