Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an incentive. It's a perk for doing it.

If you're pushing 20s you probably already like doing m+ a lot. This will make it easier to m+. It might push the guys doing 19s to go a bit further, but I doubt people just did KSM and stopped caring would bother

Will get flying ASAP so I don't care that much. Though they're nice touch and would be cool to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I think they are a nice touch...

I would of liked to see a mythic/elite recolor set for doing all 20s...

Fingers crossed they add it for 25s. I do like my transmog options.
    So you wouldn't be able to get them? Sure thing.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2021-04-23 at 12:23 PM.

Blizz should just make a m+ leaderboard like in Diablo 3. The only incentive for doing overly difficult content should be bragging rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    I personally care much about gameplay elements. How fast they invalidate raids got worse. But people dont care about that, they just care about some mount.

However most the people like you only care about stuff like nobody cares about but you want "just to have it", seems not to be a healthy mindset

Imo people like that are stuck in sunk cost fallacy and should quit the game if that matters so much for them. It unironically sounds unhealthy to me and probably would provide the most incentive for blizzard to overthink there stance on such stuff.
    Like its so niche and just a perk who the fuck is gonna care if they remove it next xpac, are you gonna farm ressist gear from old xpac dungeons or what? lol
    it is unhealthy and it is also a natural mechanism, which blizzard purposefully exploits, which is vile
    many people have this drive to not like missing out things like that
    among them some people are truly trapped, and it's not a few people

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No. Having teleports for 20 is ok because you don't need them, locking transmog behind anything above 15 would be horrible. Only 1% of playerbase would get them ....
    It would be a pve version of pvp rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Will get flying ASAP so I don't care that much. Though they're nice touch and would be cool to have it.

So you wouldn't be able to get them? Sure thing.
    I think I could... granted ive only done a 22 but I feel like if there was incentive I could push ;P

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    What did Blizz say back at the end of Legion? That in last patch 0s were tuned as high as 15s were in the first patch?
    the increased tuning is fairly linear, basically just adding key levels to compensate for ilvl.

but in the meantime, players get a couple patches worth of player power systems to stack on eachother, usually a few very strong trinkets come along, stuff like that.

ofcourse the flipside is that the later in the expansion you get the teleport, the less use you can get out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be but seems like habbit you can quit easily if people think its vile. People deal with hader natural mechanism at their life
    no if you played seriously for 15+ years it's very hard to quit or stop that, and when "time runs short" blizzard spams you with mails to remind you that you will miss out on X
    they've been gradually increasing the amount over the years so that people that are trapped do stay
    there's worst things in life obviously but that thing is unhealthy

Won't be unless the CD resets after every completed M+ run and even then there is no point on the TPs unless you wan't to go into multiple keys (so you are pretty much a M+ player/pusher already).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    they've been gradually increasing the amount over the years so that people that are trapped do stay
    how so? the amount of limited content is very marginal outside of ranked pvp

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Blizz should just make a m+ leaderboard like in Diablo 3. The only incentive for doing overly difficult content should be bragging rights.
    the leaderboard is(was?) where sites like raider.io get their data from.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    the leaderboard is(was?) where sites like raider.io get their data from.
    I should have been more specific. There should be an ingame leaderboard that displays every key run (not just top 100) and also tells you how good you are at the end of a run (optionally this function can be disabled). Also on investigating another player there should be a tab where you can see their rank.

I think I could... granted ive only done a 22 but I feel like if there was incentive I could push ;P
    I mean, only TOP2World tank and TOP1World healer have +25 done on every dungeon. That would've been a really big pain to actually get them all done at 25!

But I guess they'll nerf them a little(or let us overgear them even more than now!).

it is unhealthy and it is also a natural mechanism, which blizzard purposefully exploits, which is vile
    many people have this drive to not like missing out things like that
    among them some people are truly trapped, and it's not a few people
    This is fucking hilarious. Instead of just admitting a video game changed in ways that no longer appeal to you, you're inventing some ridiculous conspiracy theory where all the things you don't like are causing irreparable harm to the people who don't share your narrow viewpoint. It's okay for people to like things you don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

But I guess they'll nerf them a little(or let us overgear them even more than now!).
    This is usually how it goes. We're seeing some higher keys than regular S1's but that's mostly due to this season lasting fucking forever than anything else.

I mean, only TOP2World tank and TOP1World healer have +25 done on every dungeon. That would've been a really big pain to actually get them all done at 25!

Heh I am not saying it would be easy...

Honestly I would just like another tint of armor with mythic/elite spell effects. I am a absolute sucker for "limited edition armor" I don't really enjoy pvp but ive gotten all but the leather elite set from pvp because I wanna have mogs.

Plus it feels like a adequate reward for this type of content. Maybe not a 25 but a 20? I would just like to see another set added to the game.

I mean i dont agree with him how vile that is and its not conspiracy. It just a fact that blizzard does use sunk cost fallacy and fomo to their advantage. Thats literally every mp game nowadays tho and wow is not even the closest to being the worst (at least on the FOMO department) so its a moot point.
    That's like saying that staying subscribed to Netflix even though you only watch it once a month is FOMO because you might miss the next show everybody on Facebook's talking about. We're grown ass adults playing a fucking video game. If the game isn't worth the price we're paying for it, we unsubscribe. Psychology buzzwords have no place in this discussion. And using psychology buzzwords to invent a narrative where the game's consumers are hapless sheep being herded by the evil mega-corporation is a level of staggeringly ridiculous cognitive dissonance (see what I did there?) you really only find on WoW forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is fucking hilarious. Instead of just admitting a video game changed in ways that no longer appeal to you, you're inventing some ridiculous conspiracy theory where all the things you don't like are causing irreparable harm to the people who don't share your narrow viewpoint. It's okay for people to like things you don't like.

- - - Updated - - -
    well, what I say is based on facts:
    fomo marketing is a real strategy used by businesses
    humans on average are subject to that mechanism
    the amount of time limited elements to get got increased over time
    people that invested 10+ years are more attached on average that people that invested way less

also you're the only one talking about a conspiracy. a conspiracy is secret. this is not secret and completely public and assumed by blizzard

also you cannot compare a video game, which has interactive gameplay and objectives to complete and progression with a movie or netflix. fomo is tied to missing out on a feeling of ownership in the context of wow. people who collect thing do exist and there's many
    Last edited by Cæli; 2021-04-23 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no..
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac.../world/all/all
    There is currently *NINE* people who've done all 25s.
    Granted there's probably a tenth to fill out the chinese group, but who knows

Having done a single 22 puts you in the top ~6000 range. Not bad by any means, but nowhere near all 25s
    Last edited by Temp name; 2021-04-23 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanted to have em since legion, nice that they brought em back.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    no..
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac.../world/all/all
    There is currently *NINE* people who've done all 25s.
    Granted there's probably a tenth to fill out the chinese group, but who knows

Having done a single 22 puts you in the top ~6000 range. Not bad by any means, but nowhere near all 25s
    Alright... can I haz my armor at 20?

I think your focusing on the wrong aspect of this.

well, what I say is based on facts:
    fomo marketing is a real strategy used by businesses
    humans on average are subject to that mechanism
    the amount of time limited elements to get got increased over time
    people that invested 10+ years are more attached on average that people that invested way less

also you're the only one talking about a conspiracy. a conspiracy is secret. this is not secret and completely public and assumed by blizzard
    Who the fuck are these "people"? Exactly who are you trying to defend here? I must've missed the memo where you became the sole arbiter for the entire WoW playerbase.