Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If this thing does not trail behind you like hours then I don't want it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    congratulations on paying for the right to pay again
    Both pets are free until August.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Good job, everyone helped activision write off a mill in tax credit. Time for the celebrations.
    There is no write off because nobody actualyl gave Blizzard any money here. Everything was donated directly to the charity itself on it's website.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    But I can give them a feelgood stamp reputation? If people donated 100m through blizzard, and everything went to the doctors, blizzard would still get good press. This company doesn't deserve that.
    I mean, regardless of anything else, they helped highlight and raise 1mil for a worthy charity. You can dislike and disagree with everything else they do, but to seriously think they don't deserve good PR for helping save people from illness and/or death just sounds like you are evil or selfish. You are literally saying they are bad for helping people. Like WTF is actually wrong with people. No wonder the world is in such a shit state.

Also, what really has blizzard done that's so bad (aside from game decisions but that's a personal preference thing anyway)? They give and have given millions and millions to all kinds of good charities over the years. Yes they get some tax breaks for it, but people do realize how tax breaks work right? You give a million dollars, doesn't mean you save a million in taxes. It still costs some of the money to give to charity.

On topic,
    Good job people. Nice to see MSF get a decent boost. By far the best charity I've donated/dealt with and no issues when I had to cancel a monthly pledge due to other concerns at the time. No judgement, hard sell or anything else, just wished me well and hoped for better situation in the future. Also haven't been harassed weekly/monthly to give again either.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Blizzard did donated 1.6M in December.

https://www.activisionblizzard.com/n...ing-initiative
    So why ask people who are in a pandemic already when they could cover much much more. I don't care if people have this corporate is ok mentality but come on.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    So why ask people who are in a pandemic already when they could cover much much more. I don't care if people have this corporate is ok mentality but come on.

There’s no hard cap on charity my man promoting people giving what they can is only a benefit to those in need.

There’s no hard cap on charity my man promoting people giving what they can is only a benefit to those in need.
    I guess but that is what your government universal healthcare is for.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess but that is what your government universal healthcare is for.
    I don’t think the people Doctors Without Borders normally help have such benefits.

I don’t think the people Doctors Without Borders normally help have such benefits.
    That is fair I guess, but you cannot look at it as anything but them trying to stay in the spotlight from Activision-Blizzard.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

7+ Year Old Account
    That is fair I guess, but you cannot look at it as anything but them trying to stay in the spotlight from Activision-Blizzard.
    Why not? they have been doing such charity runs even before they had bad press/a hate mob why would there goals now be any different then back then?

Why not? they have been doing such charity runs even before they had bad press/a hate mob why would there goals now be any different then back then?
    Ya I guess so, it just seems in bad taste to ask people for money during the hardest economic times since the great depression after getting rid of a shitload of people lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya I guess so, it just seems in bad taste to ask people for money during the hardest economic times since the great depression after getting rid of a shitload of people lol.
    I mean that’s even more of a reason to promote a charity. People making less means charity’s will likely get even less then they did before so promoting those who can giving what they can is even more meaningful then in the past.

I mean that’s even more of a reason to promote a charity. People making less means charity’s will likely get even less then they did before so promoting those who can giving what they can is even more meaningful then in the past.
    People can do whatever they want, it is just my opinion.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Well this thread certainly didn't disappoint.

Nice to see the charity getting some money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which is why they didn't require you to donate in order to get the pet. There are some people who haven't been hit that hard during the pandemic. Some people who have even thrived. The asked people who could to donate to those who could not. There is nothing wrong with doing that in any shape or form. Stop looking for reasons to hate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is why they didn't require you to donate in order to get the pet. There are some people who haven't been hit that hard during the pandemic. Some people who have even thrived. The asked people who could to donate to those who could not. There is nothing wrong with doing that in any shape or form. Stop looking for reasons to hate.
    It is still my opinion, it won't change how I see this move.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

15+ Year Old Account
    It is still my opinion, it won't change how I see this move.
    Okay. That doesn't mean it is any less hateful or stupid.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Okay. That doesn't mean it is any less hateful or stupid.
    To each their own I guess, I am charitable to the people in my life but that is all I can afford. If you want to donate all the power to you lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Both pets are free until August.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no write off because nobody actualyl gave Blizzard any money here. Everything was donated directly to the charity itself on it's website.
    they make money indirectly as players "log in" to the game to utilize the pet. open your eyes kty

15+ Year Old Account
    To each their own I guess, I am charitable to the people in my life but that is all I can afford. If you want to donate all the power to you lol.
    Which is fine. There is still no reason to hate on a charity trying to do some good. There is also no reason for you to try and justify your hate or yourself as a good person. Just don't hate for silly reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should have just donated the entirety themselves but they are greedy and would rather let people go left and right and then ask people to donate some they could easily have just done themselves but they needed to turn it into publicity.
    So, because others have money, you believe charities do not need help?

I mean, Blizzard puts up the reward and PR for a charity people can support. We are free people, after all, we can choose ourselves if we wish to support a charity or not, and no expect someone to do everything for us.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..