Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I was wondering what he was so mad about. It should not surprise anyone that someone terrified about people looking into his past, has a past that would get him in trouble. Carlson didn't say "please don't" or "HAH good luck, I was a Boy Scout" or even "I've filed a cyst and disease order to stop them from looking into my ass". He got angry. And he tried to say they had no right -- despite cosplaying as an investigative journalist on a network cosplaying as the news.

I look forward to what else they find.

- - - Updated - - -

W voted for Condaleeza Rice in 2020.
    Ah I didn't know you posted about it, but it isn't surprising why he is mad they found out about his racist past before he joined Fox News.

Thursday's report:

67,070 new cases, roughly 7k fewer than last Thursday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida. (Yep, they did it reddit, they're number one!)
    Michigan: 5,511 new cases; 121 deaths
    New York: 5,137 new cases; 68 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 4,072 new cases; 56 deaths
    Texas: 3,668 new cases; 68 deaths

I feel like this is the first time Florida has had the most daily cases, though admittedly I have neither the time nor the energy to go back and look at the records of an entire year. While most states continue to show a decline in cases, Florida just recently peaked, plateaued and maaaaay be declining slightly now. According to their reports anyway, and given that they haven't been honest with them since early last year it's hard to glean any real meaning from them. I'm betting, however, that the Spring Break crowds had more of an impact than Florida is letting on. Fuck Florida.

Texas' cases aren't decreasing by much and their 7-day average looks pretty flat. New York and Michigan, by comparison, show very clear drops over the past week. Colorado is perhaps the only other state in which there's still a dangerous increase in cases, largely centers on schools and nursing homes, despite close to 40% of the population having their vaccinations. It's not devastating there as of now, but hospitalizations have increased so an eye should be kept on it.

896 deaths is a little under 50 fewer than last Thursday and brings the total to 584,226. Michigan topped the list today which isn't surprising given they've been top of the list for new cases most days the past couple weeks. California, Florida, New York and Texas round out the top 5, pretty much as expected.

Related news:

Poll: 22 percent say they are unlikely to take a coronavirus vaccine--Apart from the bizarre wording (who "takes" a vaccine?), this isn't terribly surprising. The good news is this percentage continues to drop as more polls are released, down from over 30% back in February. There will always be fucking morons, of course, but it's looking increasingly likely that we'll pass the threshold needed for herd immunity.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Ah I didn't know you posted about it
    Well, I posted on his rant when he found out reporters were asking his old bording school chums questions. Didn't learn about these first results until you posted them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I feel like this is the first time Florida has had the most daily cases
    Their numbers have been "adjusted" for so long, that it's impossible to tell. Of course, if even these "adjusted" numbers put them over the top, how bad must it really be? DeSantis has been pushing people back into public hard for a while now.

I realized something this morning. I don't miss f5 Fridays.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, don't know where to post this, so this seems to be an appropriate place.

But it seems that the Washington Post has been busy, trying to show the world the true Tucker Carlson. For those of us, that know him and his bullshit with his racism, we know who he truly is. But the Washington Post got ahold of his Trinity College yearbook.

Tucker Carlson apparently had some interesting extra curricular activities. He belonged to a couple of clubs, one was the Dan White Society, and the other was the Jesse Helms Foundation.

Dan White, was the guy that killed Mayor George Moscone and Harvey Milk of San Francisco. Harvey Milk was the first openly gay elected official in 1978. Jesse Helms was a North Carolina Senator that vehemently opposed homosexuality and integration of schools. So, not only did he support murderers, he openly supported absolute racist bigoted pieces of shit.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...ook-reveals-he
    And not for nothing, I think it’s important to note that pressuring platforms to remove these people’s ability to spew nonsense at a national level is important. Getting fox to dump this asshole, like they did with O’reily, could majorly cut into the disinformation in the guise of news that the right wing is receiving. Look at how (comparatively) low-key things have been since trump was kicked off Twitter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ah yes, the "I'm not a totally terrible person, just a normal terrible person" approach. Pretty fitting.

A year ago, today, Donald Trump suggested that covid-19 could be cured by injecting disinfectant or shining a very powerful light inside the body. https://t.co/mf1bCnh5jU
    https://twitter.com/brianklaas/statu...483049987?s=19

The way this moron handled coronavirus should have not made the election close. Yes our Electoral College is messed up.

I believe any President saying this moronic shit would have crushed that President. Oh well, we move on.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

The way this moron handled coronavirus should have not made the election close. Yes our Electoral College is messed up.

I believe any President saying this moronic shit would have crushed that President. Oh well, we move on.
    Hey now, bleach definitely would cure you of Covid, and the fatal condition called life.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

If anything it should draw attention to how back-asswards the electoral college is, because the election from a sheer numbers standpoint wasn’t particularly close.

But of course rectifying the electoral college would require an amendment and that’s not going to happen any time soon as the GOP knows it’s their only legitimate path to the presidency.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Just in case anyone was worried that only a relative handful of the insurrectionists would get what was coming to them.

Justice Dept. now expects to charge more than 500 in Capitol riot probe

The Justice Department has notified federal judges in Washington that it expects to charge more than 500 people with taking part in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

"Over 400 individuals have been charged in connection with the Capitol attack," federal prosecutors said in court documents filed late Thursday. "The investigation continues and the government expects that at least one hundred additional individuals will charged."

The current number of people charged is 440, a law enforcement official said Friday.

Justice Department lawyers have described the sprawling investigation as one of the largest in American history in terms of the number of charges filed and the volume of evidence, which includes more than 15,000 hours of video from surveillance and police body cameras.

Court documents show that those charged come from nearly every state, with Florida, Pennsylvania, and Texas topping the list in number of residents arrested. Roughly 90 percent of the total charged were men, and their average age was 40, according to figures compiled by the Program on Extremism at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C.

The majority of those charged are accused of lower-level offenses, such as entering a federal building without permission and trying to disrupt the official counting of the Electoral College vote for president. A few dozen face more serious charges of assaulting police officers or damaging government property.

Prosecutors have also filed conspiracy charges against members of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers. They are accused of playing a more central role in planning and leading the Capitol siege or encouraging others to join it.

One member of the Oath Keepers, Jon Schaffer of Indiana, has pleaded guilty to entering the Capitol while wearing a tactical vest and armed with bear spray. He has agreed to cooperate with investigators.

Answering one of the big questions stemming from the riot, the chief medical examiner in Washington determined that U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick died the day following the siege after suffering two strokes. But investigators are still searching for whoever planted two pipe bombs at the national offices of the Republican and Democratic parties near the Capitol the night before the riot.
    This isn't going away anytime soon, and I hope everyone involved never gets another restful night of sleep wondering when the feds are going to be knocking on their door. Of course, in any just world Trump would already be behind bars for instigating it, but here's hoping he also lives out his few remaining years watching his fortune dwindle and the world laugh with disdain at the mention of his name.

Roughly 90 percent of the total charged were men, and their average age was 40,
    Damn, sounds like a bunch of dudes in the 70's needed to smoke more grass and try some mind expanding substances.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn, sounds like a bunch of dudes in the 70's needed to smoke more grass and try some mind expanding substances.
    I'm also not even vaguely surprised about where the most came from.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    But it seems that the Washington Post has been busy, trying to show the world the true Tucker Carlson. For those of us, that know him and his bullshit with his racism, we know who he truly is. But the Washington Post got ahold of his Trinity College yearbook.
    I'm not one to hold a man to the stupid shit he might've done in his youth - barring some sort of fucked up crime - because that's a lot of time for someone to learn from their mistakes and grow passed them. The person you were in college or high school could be radically different than the person you grew into

But from any video I've seen of Tucker's early days, compared to him now, coupled with this new information: It's been close to the same exact shit for decades that even if he, personally, grew out of those beliefs he's still cashing in wholesale on dipshits who think like that and intentionally riling them up. So I'd say nailing him for this is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'm also not even vaguely surprised about where the most came from.
    A lot of "muh economic anxiety", especially from the crowd that traveled there via private jet!

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of "muh economic anxiety", especially from the crowd that traveled there via private jet!
    These people had both the expendable time and income to travel, potentially cross-country, just to break some things.

Clearly they weren’t actually aggrieved, they were just angry that their guy lost and wanted to make noise.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The 70s were 50 years ago now! I don't think any 40 somethings would have been smoking grass back in those days.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The 70s were 50 years ago now! I don't think any 40 somethings would have been smoking grass back in those days.
    Nope. Though there's a chance I may have absorbed some second-hand from one or both of my parents. May explain why I was such a nice, calm child.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    These people had both the expendable time and income to travel, potentially cross-country, just to break some things.

Clearly they weren’t actually aggrieved, they were just angry that their guy lost and wanted to make noise.
    Seeing them reminded me of how they kept trying to joke that all the protesters when he took office would unemployed bums because if they had jobs, they wouldn’t have time to do it. All the while ignoring the educational and vocational backgrounds of them.

Seeing them just made want to joke about all them unemployed trump guys at the capital and what happened to their job under trump to lose it to even have enough time to make that trip.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://twitter.com/MollyBeck/status...47983982321665

Y'all, as a reminder, Cardi B's "W.A.P." will bring about the downfall of a moral society.

Because I guess small children watch the Grammy's and adults are incapable of like, changing the channel or being emotionally stable enough to handle some sexuality.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-says-...n-weak-1586147

Trumps "Tweet by official statement" are still going. The latest? Praising a brutal foreign dictator and criticizing the Democratically elected leader of an ally -

"Kim Jong-un of North Korea, who I have gotten to know (and like) under the most trying of circumstances, never respected the current President of South Korea, Moon Jae-in,"
    As a reminder, he still functionally controls the Republican party. I mean, I guess he said more, but like, does anyone really fuckin care?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/MollyBeck/status...47983982321665

Y'all, as a reminder, Cardi B's "W.A.P." will bring about the downfall of a moral society.
    I thought those idiots had moved on to Call Me By Your Name for their latest moral panic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.