Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    wow a 451th pet in my collection that nobody will use, the cause is good, but any more pet/mount is stupid nowaday IMO

Sorry. But their are some of us who love the mounts. The game is already stale as fuck cause they can barely give us new abilities to play with on the classes. Same o shit for 2 expansions in a row (4 Years). And when we do get something new on a spec, it is something soooooooooooo damn shitty that they could have kept it on paper.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Haters: "YOU BOUGHT ME THE RED PS5!!!! I WANTED THE BLACK ONE!!! YOU GUYS ARE TERRIBLE PARENTS!!!"
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2021-04-23 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait. Blizzard used it's reach and platform to help raise money for a good cause and that's a bad thing?
    Damn, the Activision hate is blinding in this thread.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    WOW ! we reached .5% of what kotik gets as an annual bonus for his work on graudually ruining the game/company we used to love... naisu
    His bonus was $40M is stocks options, then the stock rose $5 shortly after making it worth $200M. But $200M is better clickbait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought of that when I saw his post
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    You guys really manage to be mad about getting 2 pets and having a million dollars go to one of the best non profits that exists.

Go on, complain about Bob Kotick. It has absolutely nothing to do with this event. Hey, imagine if this event was 1.5 years ago, then you could have complained about "how dare you give money to this and not FREE HONG KONG???".

Complaining about things like this makes Blizzard see our feedback as garbage.
    To be fair, since most feedback drips of vitriol and hyperbole like this stuff, they know it's mostly garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If Bobby Kotick gave 1% of his networth, the charity would be at over 6mill, but thats never gonna happen.
    Irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya I guess so, it just seems in bad taste to ask people for money during the hardest economic times since the great depression after getting rid of a shitload of people lol.
    They weren't asking those without though. Just because they put this up didn't mean they wanted those without the means to donate to donate. Weird way to think. And seriously many more were not financially impacted than were.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Good job, everyone helped activision write off a mill in tax credit. Time for the celebrations.
    Imagine being this oblivious...
    You are donating. Not Activision, this is the first one where players donate directly. We get to write it off our taxes, not blizzard.
    Of course you don't cause I know for a fact you didn't donate or else you would know this but for the rest of us we do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliblaze View Post
    Remember when they start this? The CEO of blizzard gave himself a $200M bonus and laid off hella people? But yayyyy $1M raised!! (just donate straight to doctors without boarders so they get all the money)
    Thats literally what this fucking is a direct donation to doctors without boarders. Holy fuck read for 10 seconds next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If Bobby Kotick gave 1% of his networth, the charity would be at over 6mill, but thats never gonna happen.
    I mean he did just give 1.6 million in January. And also donates through his own program for veterans every so often but those don't get announced so.
    Dude does a fair bit of charity work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You are donating. Not Activision, this is the first one where players donate directly. We get to write it off our taxes, not blizzard.
    Of course you don't cause I know for a fact you didn't donate or else you would know this but for the rest of us we do.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats literally what this fucking is a direct donation to doctors without boarders. Holy fuck read for 10 seconds next time.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean he did just give 1.6 million in January. And also donates through his own program for veterans every so often but those don't get announced so.
    No Fel, remember this is MMO-C, Bobby Kotick ruined World of Warcraft and Activision is literally Satan.

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Now I've got Daisy on my back, Pepe on my head and Crackers on my shoulder. I give it another 2-3 expansions until I can completely cover myself in pets
    Do /sit infront of your cat pet and you get cat on your lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You know if you guys spent less time shitting on Blizzard you'd know this is exactly how this charity works. You cannot give Blizzard any money nor can they write off any of it.
    They know. They don't care.

It's how the world works. They say the lie, people eat it up and run, then when the explaining about how they are wrong happens the audience is gone. If you're explaining, you're losing. It's how populists get into power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do /sit infront of your cat pet and you get cat on your lap.
    Any cat pet?

I went through the full register of emotes until I found the one that worked... Why didn't I google? Because I'm supposed to know that sort of stuff on my own, dammit!!

She is soooo cuuuuute!!

5+ Year Old Account
    For free? Really guys? Wow, thank you. So sorry I didn’t take a part in donation, yeah still.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    they make money indirectly as players "log in" to the game to utilize the pet. open your eyes kty
    NO they don't. What part of the "pet is free" do you not understand? They aren't making ANY money off of this pet.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO they don't. What part of the "pet is free" do you not understand? They aren't making ANY money off of this pet.

Which part of "indirectly" hard to understand? To claim the pet you need active subscription...Seriously it is not quantumphysics...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    he's implying that the 5 minutes to log onto Retail and claim the pet is making Blizzard $$$

#TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Which part of "indirectly" hard to understand? To claim the pet you need active subscription...Seriously it is not quantumphysics...
    Do you need an active subscription though? You can purchase (claim) it on the website and all it says is you claim it to your battle.net account. You need to log in to use it but that doesn't indirectly make money since people would be subscribed anyways. Very few people will subscribe just so they can see the pet in-game with their own eyes. Even then they likely could use a starter account to see other people with it.

There is no money directly or indirectly being made by Blizzard (or Activision Blizzard). Stop looking for reasons to hate or justify the hate with silly leaps.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The tax evasion Activision Blizzard engage in is staggering and nakedly crooked, and they treat their workforce with contempt. You people make me fucking puke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frandistal View Post
    The tax evasion Activision Blizzard engage in is staggering and nakedly crooked, and they treat their workforce with contempt. You people make me fucking puke.
    Then maybe stay away from a fan site where you'll encounter those types of people? Weird concept right? You'll always probably hate to know that Bobby Kotick just donated $4 million dollars to the University of Michigan to create a tenured professor position for their new e-sports program. The school expects to be offering a minor in e-sports as soon as the 2022-23 school year.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

yeah pretty easy when you get 200mil every year... id donate pennies too. also btw he straight up said in an interview that his goal is to take the fun out of video games.