Ever have a picture not load, so you're stuck with an outline with a little icon inside it?

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Ever have a picture not load, so you're stuck with an outline with a little icon inside it?
    All the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, that FedEx shooting that happened recently was done by someone that was deeply infatuated by Applejack and even "seeing her in the afterlife". A shame they didn't get help sooner.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    All the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, that FedEx shooting that happened recently was done by someone that was deeply infatuated by Applejack and even "seeing her in the afterlife". A shame they didn't get help sooner.
    Yeah I saw that. People are always eager for reasons to label people as freaks or outcasts after the fact. When it comes shootings it's usually video games or anime, but unlike those two everyone is eager to jump on the brony-hate bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah I saw that. People are always eager for reasons to label people as freaks or outcasts after the fact. When it comes shootings it's usually video games or anime, but unlike those two everyone is eager to jump on the brony-hate bandwagon.
    Yeah, I do find it strange they went for that, like they always do, but it can help understand why someone would do something, in this case their infatuation with a character so much that they would likely die for them does seem to be their motivation.

I've noticed that Spike isn't that popular in the fandom, so how do you feel about him? Like him, dislike him, wish the show did more with him?

I've noticed that Spike isn't that popular in the fandom, so how do you feel about him? Like him, dislike him, wish the show did more with him?
    His episodes are definitely the weakest in the series. It kind of doesn't go anywhere and he's got this odd mix of stories that should be easy to fix and don't require it and Spike isn't really developed over time. He's oddly responsible and yet also a child, so it puts his character in this weird position.

He's fine, but honestly if he wasn't there not much changes.

Has Spike had any development?

Has Spike had any development?
    In the last season he kind of sort of maybe got over Rarity a bit because him and a griffon has a thing in common, not sure why that affected his infatuation with Rarity. Even stranger in the last episode where Rarity looks longing at Spike during the song it's just a bit of a head scratcher.

The one time he gets some real development and even then it's bungled slightly.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2021-05-06 at 06:08 AM.

The Amphibia season 2 finale finally (officially...) dropped, and it started off with a warning.

Apparently that still applies to me at 28 because I am shook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The Amphibia season 2 finale finally (officially...) dropped, and it started off with a warning.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/rnVDpC4.png[/IG]

Apparently that still applies to me at 28 because I am shook.
    This is one time I have no idea what that is.

This is one time I have no idea what that is.
    To quote past me:

Good thing I've still got Amphibia for light hearted frog-isekai goodness!
    Which now just makes me think back to Alex Hirsch saying...

Amphibia definitely surprised me the most with how good it is, I'd definitely put it next to The Owl House and Gravity Falls from the same channel.

Speaking of, unsurprisingly, Alex Hirsch is as big a fan of them as they are of his show.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-05-23 at 03:15 PM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

To quote past me:

Which now just makes me think back to Alex Hirsch saying...

[video=youtube;IGt87p9Xt-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGt87p9Xt-I[/vieo]

Amphibia definitely surprised me the most with how good it is, I'd definitely put it next to The Owl House and Gravity Falls from the same channel.

Speaking of, unsurprisingly, Alex Hirsch is as big a fan of them as they are of his show.
    Interesting, with most of the new stuff on streaming I haven't really watched anything outside of Toonami and leaving my t.v. on Nick 24/7.

Next time you're in for a show I recommend Regular Show.

Interesting, with most of the new stuff on streaming I haven't really watched anything outside of Toonami and leaving my t.v. on Nick 24/7.

Next time you're in for a show I recommend Regular Show.
    Had it on Hulu so I've watched one season so far and gotta say, it's exactly as weird as it looks. Great recommendation.

Had it on Hulu so I've watched one season so far and gotta say, it's exactly as weird as it looks. Great recommendation.

[video=youtube;LNs0i5fmqTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNs0i5fmqTQ[/vieo]
    I like to call it a children's version of Beavis & Butthead. CN did the show real dirty when it was ending and for its finale. I need to watch the last season again as I missed a lot of it when it was coming out due to Teen Titans Go ruining the channel at the time.

So Tara Strong has a small voice acting role in Loki where she's apparently pretending to be Applejack's VA.

After a year I've finally finished the first draft of my book. A shame it's 800 pages and I'll have to beef of descriptions, fix any problems, and eventually trim it down to a normal amount. Honestly, for once I'm actually proud of something I've done, this time not relying on someone else to do something I lacked (like with that MLP t-shirt Valcron helped me make, hope he's doing okay).

Lots of work to do with later drafts, but it's the first real time I've completed something in what feels like a decade.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2021-06-21 at 04:06 PM.

Recently watched the We Bare Bears movie (really should watch the rest of that show), some pacing issues, needed to slow down a bit, and maybe be 15 minutes longer, but an alright ending movie for a CN cartoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw Marvel's newest spider exhibit. Nothing spectacular, side characters were great, action wasn't edited to hell and back (though Scar Jo got CGed bounced against everything in the movie, which was weird), but it really should have come out 3-5 years ago. Even if it came out last year, like it was going to, it still should have come out sooner.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2021-07-10 at 06:08 AM.

A month later I got the 2nd draft of my book done. Barely reduced pages/words. I'd like to get this down to somewhere near 600 pages, so maybe the 3rd draft needs to be a story shake up.

Saw the weirdest premise on Netflix and my curiosity took over, come to find out Meghan McCarthy from MLP was a story editor.

It's very, very strange, and I can only think to compare it to Adventure Time with the thought of "are you sure the writers weren't on drugs coming up with some of this?" but by episode 4 I started to see the appeal. I'm a sucker for candy coated characters having to face off against grimdark threats (Star Vs. Toffee comes to mind)

- - - Updated - - -

A month later I got the 2nd draft of my book done. Barely reduced pages/words. I'd like to get this down to somewhere near 600 pages, so maybe the 3rd draft needs to be a story shake up.
    How would you sum up the premise, and have you had other people read it to see how well that establishes itself in the first few chapters?

Saw the weirdest premise on Netflix and my curiosity took over, come to find out Meghan McCarthy from MLP was a story editor.

It's very, very strange, and I can only think to compare it to Adventure Time with the thought of "are you sure the writers weren't on drugs coming up with some of this?" but by episode 4 I started to see the appeal. I'm a sucker for candy coated characters having to face off against grimdark threats (Star Vs. Toffee comes to mind)
    I've seen bits of that show from Imgur, seems to the usual surreal premise and likely gets deep later, like a lot of those shows end up being.

How would you sum up the premise, and have you had other people read it to see how well that establishes itself in the first few chapters?
    The premise/synopsis I need to work on, but here's my current attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Synopsis
    On a world of angels and magic a man suddenly bursts from the moon unexpectedly, landing on the planet below. Knowing nothing except his family and a country lost long ago he learns to live in the country of Hedron (exactly, where his country used to be, name subject to change later). He comes to work on a farm and all the while discovers his body does something that even magic can't explain and facets of his personality broke off living their lives and now some are after him, looking to kill him to free themselves from being with the one that cast them out to begin with and live how he never could.
    I need to work on it, but that's the gist. Of course there are more specifics which I won't go into here.

So far mostly bits and pieces have been read by a couple people, I have a couple copies out there and some chunks to another, but it is near impossible to make people read books like this as guinea pigs to see if I have a good idea and if my writing is decent.

Honestly, this is the first thing in a while that I've been confident in and think it's going rather well. We're pretty aware how negative I am, but with this I feel like the world is rather fleshed out, nice world building, the characters are distinct, the magic system is explained well enough, and the motivations of the villain is clear. I think I stayed away from falling into various writing traps like plot devices, the protag/antag having similar abilities, etc.