Poll: Do you want Blizzard to return Arcane Torrent and Every Man for Himself as racials?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you mean the OG belf one god no hell no, if you mean the version before the current one yeah i love that but it was so op i can understand why they changed it.
    Last edited by Alatie; 2021-04-25 at 05:44 PM.

Please don't take away my Shadowmeld. I don't even use it strategically. I just use it to drop combat tags that refuse to fall off or as a PvE panic button.

For the love of god don't touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    If you ask me... Blizzard should go in and do a compleet revamp of the Old races Racials...

The Allied races has way better and more complicated and interesting racial.

So there are alot of cool things we could do with the Old races Racials, so blizzard should revamp them if you ask me ^^
    I mean the best racials are still old races no top end PVP or PVE player brings allied races to anything those racials are not better. And calling them complicated is a very long shot its just press a button stuff happends nothing is going to change your gameplay.

EMFH was a moronic name and those types of racials are imho the worst.
    They are either extremely useful or utterly useless - awful design that can't be balanced.

My favorite racial in wow is Shadowmeld, allows for very creative and adaptive "on the fly" tactics.
    Useful in all types of content and was particularly amazing back when questing was actually dangerous and controlling your threat in PVE mattered.

I think Torrent was more fun with the Silence. People were always rolling Blood Elf for aesthetic first anyway, not racials. Maybe they made excuses that the racials were good to excuse their choice, but it never seemed like a really meta pick for most players. Low end impact was always very low to non-existent like other racials.

Every Man seemed like it was too prolific in PvP for too long as it was, and even at low end seemed like it just granted a huge power gap when it was at its peak and seemed to definitely influence meta constantly. But as it is now I'm under the impression feels like they don't have anything so it seems like Humans need something else entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I think Torrent was more fun with the Silence. People were always rolling Blood Elf for aesthetic first anyway, not racials. Maybe they made excuses that the racials were good to excuse their choice, but it never seemed like a really meta pick for most players. Low end impact was always very low to non-existent like other racials.

Every Man seemed like it was too prolific in PvP for too long as it was, and even at low end seemed like it just granted a huge power gap when it was at its peak and seemed to definitely influence meta constantly. But as it is now I'm under the impression feels like they don't have anything so it seems like Humans need something else entirely.
    the problem with EMFH was that at the time people were bitching about how 'OP' it was, was when the playerbase was at a level that mattered and the content being done by those players was relevant, the vast majority of the current live playerbase are people who log in to play with friends, farm low level content that is current and farm old raids/dungeons for mounts/transmog/achievements etc, the number of players who actively participate in the high end content that matters today compared with back then is miniscule, and due to the severe population imbalance at that level of the game now, they could make EMFH the 'best' version it ever was and it would still see very little change in player population/count of that race across all modes due to the players just no longer being there.

10+ Year Old Account
    id rather they put effort into removing every combat racial and bringing all races up to the same number of flavor style racials.

no pool of racials that we pick and choose from. each race should retain the same number of unique perks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Racials should matter again, so yes

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    I mean the best racials are still old races no top end PVP or PVE player brings allied races to anything those racials are not better. And calling them complicated is a very long shot its just press a button stuff happends nothing is going to change your gameplay.
    My Highmountain's -15 damage taken is ELITE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i heard "how many belfs do we have" regularly before they changed it, never hear it anymore (well with exception of kings rest.)

old one was way more universally useful though. wipes due to missed interupts are quite common, and old belfs were a great way to get backups or require less people for it. would certainly have given us some extra group flexibility on denatrius for example.

- - - Updated - - -

it's almost as if they want people to pay money for race changes. same with new classes, those are almost guaranteed to be OP for a while too.
    or... maybe... those races... where made 14 years after the game was made... so the Developers and the game it self have grown and become way more deep and defeinded...

and that influenzed those racials... trust me they will do the same for the old races

PS: beleiving that stuff happens in the game... just be cause of money.... is so sad and very narrow eyed... you should expand your mind send try to see past all what the media tells you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    I am not talking about what is best or not best, its about coolness and deepness... the Racials of the allied races feel way more tought threw and cool and true to the Lore.

The core Races really need to get a revamp on the racial part since you can see that 1% shadow resist is just... sad... they could do so much more around that tought then just give a 1% resist.

PS: I have played the game for 16 yeras and what I am after is to have more depth and coolness into the racials, so many cool Lore and ingame things we could do with the Core races and more well tought threw racials
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    or... maybe... those races... where made 14 years after the game was made... so the Developers and the game it self have grown and become way more deep and defeinded...

and that influenzed those racials... trust me they will do the same for the old races

PS: beleiving that stuff happens in the game... just be cause of money.... is so sad and very narrow eyed... you should expand your mind send try to see past all what the media tells you.
    sure most people i know will buy the racechange cause the new races look cool and not so much the racial. but i sure have heard of examples of people buying it to get the nice racials, which obviously never happens with the old races. heck people have actively tried to get me to reroll vulpera cause their tank racial was good in m+.

but hey, can't wait to get a a mailbox, extra hearthstone location or free bagspace on my old races. it'll totally happen anyday now!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I would much prefer it if every combat racial was removed and they simply kept the flavor ones so I didn't feel like I was gimping myself by playing the races I actually want to play over strictly what is the most viable.
    Yep, this. There's a reason that the top of the arena leaderboards are dominated by the same 2-3 races and it's not because they're pretty.

I am all down for QoL racials, just not gameplay ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Remove all racials.
    Add more racials? I agree!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Add more racials? I agree!
    all the racials, at least 20 more...each :P

10+ Year Old Account
    every man for himself made pvp pure humans + dwarf shaman/nelf priest, literally ANY class u can play as human, u did, it is the most broken OP racial in entire wow history and should never exist in first place
    compare it to any other racial as 'op' is a joke, nothing even remotely close to EMFH, the 'best' closet thing would be classic WOTF, from wrath+ version it is good
    So no, i don't want EMFH, I don't want pvp to be back to human any class possible + dwarf shaman and nelf druid
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    sure most people i know will buy the racechange cause the new races look cool and not so much the racial. but i sure have heard of examples of people buying it to get the nice racials, which obviously never happens with the old races. heck people have actively tried to get me to reroll vulpera cause their tank racial was good in m+.

but hey, can't wait to get a a mailbox, extra hearthstone location or free bagspace on my old races. it'll totally happen anyday now!
    mate... I hope you understand that those racials make sence in Lore...

that is why I mean they should go back and rework the old races.... Racials, since in Lore they could have way more interesting and cool racials
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!