Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kAlexa View Post
    I actually really dislike the new voice. Going back and paving over, replacing old voicelines is overkill, especially after he's been proven innocent.
    Regardless of the guy being innocent or guilty, they were using a new voice for Kael (for Shadowlands) before these new accusations. So going over and redoing the lines is is pretty on brand for Blizzard. Happened with the Sylvanas VO too. And I hate the current Sylvanas VO only because I cannot stop hearing Lois from Family Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    They still have not brought back Swifty despite all claims against him pretty much having no proof or basis in fact so they will not bring back, or apologize to Quinton at all because it gives Bobby Kotick a fatter bonus check.
    Yeah, i totally forgot about Swifty thing.
    ... but if remember correctly he did not prove himself in the court but just denied all the allegations and that was the end?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No. A creep was taken down rightfully so. He just didn't do anything illegal. A creep using his fame for sexual favors is still predatory behavior regardless of if what he did always legal. I'd wash my hands of an employee or contractor if they were pieces if shit like this too.
    Did you even read what he tweeted?...
    He claims that the things were fabricated and their 'relationship' was 100% virtual without anything wrong...
    ... but of course people here know whole situation better sitting at their computer even if accused is proven innocent by court, LOL.

This is the problem with current world... now he will be always remembered as 'creep' even if it is not true.
    His life and career is ruined but people do not care about that. They feel 'fulfilled' hunting others down.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-04-21 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    What someone does in their private life is literally none of your business as long as they dont do it at work. Im very active in my local kink community - which most people would think of as “weird” or “creepy” (or worse). Should i be de-personed and denied work (and therefore end up homeless and starving?) for that? If you woild answer “yes”, then YOU are the problem. Youre a shitty person. Full stop.

Edit: also, after i read his Twitter statement, i went and looked up the court case.

It wasnt just found that he “didnt do anything illegal” - it was found that it literally didnt happpen. She made it up. Her supporting witnesses all recanted. On the stand. It was found that she was stalking him on dozens of fake accounts and had made more accounts specifically to harass his wife, mother in law, and mother.

The judge expressly told her to get mental health care.

So, he lost work, potentially his career, over something that literally did not happen.

This is why social media cancel crusades are bad. He should sue everyone involved (including the other witnesses who lied and then recanted on the stand) for defamation and libel.
    Lol and so many judged him guilty in this already, he is a creep or whatever and didn’t even bother to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yeah, i totally forgot about Swifty thing.
    ... but if remember correctly he did not prove himself in the court but just denied all the allegations and that was the end?

Did you even read what he tweeted?...
    He claims that the things were fabricated and their 'relationship' was 100% virtual without anything wrong...
    ... but of course people here know whole situation better sitting at their computer even if accused is proven innocent by court, LOL.

This is the problem with current world... now he will be always remembered as 'creep' even if it is not true.
    His life and career is ruined but people do not care about that. They feel 'fulfilled' hunting others down.
    It wasnt even that he just denied it.

It all came out in the case. The oh-so-damning audio file? HEAVILY edited together from dozens of different recordings and made specifically to make him look bad. Court found that out. The other women who came out with their own claims? The two that were at the trial recanted on the stand (likely because they didnt want to get hit with a perjury charge) and the others refused to testify (and didnt fight the orders from the judge to cease making the claims).

They found DOZENS of other accounts that shed been harassing him with, and even more accounts used to target his wife, mother-in-law, and mother.

Woman was nuts. Literally nuts. Referred to actual mental health professionals for help.

So the guy had his career damaged or even ended over something that was literally a total fabrication. It wasnt just “well he didnt do anything illegal but hes still a bad guy so he deserves it” - it Literally. Did. Not. Happen. .

And on top of that... being a “creep” isnt something to get cancelled over.

If he came on to a woman (online or in person) in a creepy way and she blew him off and he didn’t persist/force his attentions on her....

Then thats the end of it. Some guys come-ons are creepy. Its only a “problem” (except in SJW land) if it continues after the person says to stop. Otherwise, its just people being people. They cant always even control how you respond. They might not even realize that they are being creepy... or maybe YOUR definition of what is creepy simply isnt reasonable.

There sure has been a shit ton of false allegations flying around lately. Makes me assume they're all fake at this point until proven true.

Every member of blizzard who made this decision molested me. And should replace themselves just because of my accusation.

No. A creep was taken down rightfully so. He just didn't do anything illegal. A creep using his fame for sexual favors is still predatory behavior regardless of if what he did always legal. I'd wash my hands of an employee or contractor if they were pieces if shit like this too.
    ^^^ the true creep. People's personal lives are their own business. It's not up to you or any other fucking person on this earth to pass judgment on people's personal lives, first of all.

Second, it's not that he "just didn't do anything illegal." SHE FRAMED HIM AND IT WAS NOT TRUE. SHE MADE IT UP.

YOU are the problem with society.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Because that'll show em! Activision Blizzard is going to see that you turned your sound off and that will be the tipping point for them to change their stance! You are so brave in your protest.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I really wonder if any of these people from a few first pages of this thread will have 'balls' to admit hating him without being proven guilty...

Blizzard should make an official apology to this person... but sadly it will probably not happen...
    At this point they can't because it's an admission of guilt even though TECHNICALLY Blizzard participated in the spread of what is now considered libelous statements. While they didn't repeat said statements, they both directed people towards them as well as giving indication to them being truthful by their actions.

Maybe don't go chasing fame if you don't want your "fame-chasing" ways to be used against you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somarlane View Post
    Psssttt.....
    It's called hyperbole and sarcasm.
    Maybe learn what a fallacy is before you toss out the accusations.
    kthxbai
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Psssttt.....
    It's called hyperbole and sarcasm.
    Maybe learn what a fallacy is before you toss out the accusations.
    kthxbai
    The irony. o/
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by rotfllolstorm View Post
    I literally never post, I reativated this old account just to reply to you.
    By your logic, someone that pisses into their own month, deserve to be cancelled and can't have a job... because by your standards, it's weird?

No1 here is defending his actions, if they happen to be truth after a trial in a court, not in a twitter public opinion.
    But this disgusting "cancel culture", that takes the time to delete/replace everything you did in the past that was/is perfectly legit, needs to stop!
    No, way to miss the point by a mile. My point is that if somebody does something which they could reasonably expect to lose their job over, and then they lose their job over it, that's not 'cancel culture'. That's them being irresponsible.

Cancel culture is, in fact, a huge fucking problem. It would just be nice if people were better at recognising when shit is actually cancel culture, and when other shit is just the obvious consequences of certain behaviours.

Obviously cancel culture is a Thing and actual instances of it should be called out, but it sure does weaken that argument when people cry cancel culture every time actions have consequences.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-04-25 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    No, way to miss the point by a mile. My point is that if somebody does something which they could reasonably expect to lose their job over, and then they lose their job over it, that's not 'cancel culture'. That's them being irresponsible.

Cancel culture is, in fact, a huge fucking problem. It would just be nice if people were better at recognising when shit is actually cancel culture, and when other shit is just the obvious consequences of certain behaviours.

Obviously cancel culture is a Thing and actual instances of it should be called out, but it sure does weaken that argument when people cry cancel culture every time actions have consequences.
    Actions have consequences, hmm? Then why haven't the people behind the smear campaign against Quinton Flynn been brought to justice yet? Or do only actions that aren't even true that are maliciously made up about white males count now? I'd call getting revenge on an ex for breaking up with you pretty CREEPY, but... that describes the woman in this situation. So obviously she should be taken to court for damages, her CONSEQUENCES, right?

That news segment was posted on the 21st of April, yet here you are four days later still defending there being consequences to being Quinton Flynn. Thank you for your contribution.

PS: this is why you don't believe people without good evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Sounds exactly the same. They should have hired Lee Pace to voice Kael'thas 2021, if they could afford him.

I'm talking in general terms my dude. My whole point in the first place was that we didn't know either way, so the people screaming about cancel culture had just as little evidence.

Yeah, if someone makes shit up, there are also consequences. Why would you assume that I'm invested in the allegations being true? I don't give a fuck either way, but I'm not going to instantly defend a dude when I *literally don't have good enough evidence to do so*. We have new evidence now. My position has shifted. That's how this works. I didn't have a firm stance on the allegations to begin with, I just wasn't prepared to side with the guy until I actually knew which is a reasonable position to take.

Weird that you'd go down the whole 'white males are so oppressed' route when nobody mentioned race or gender at all. My point is that not everything is cancel culture, and it's fucking weird that dudes on this forum get all hot under the collar about cancel culture whenever dudes get accused of anything before all the evidence is available, whether or not the allegations actually end up being true.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    They still have not brought back Swifty despite all claims against him pretty much having no proof or basis in fact so they will not bring back, or apologize to Quinton at all because it gives Bobby Kotick a fatter bonus check.
    This utter nonsense again. Firing someone and hiring someone cheaoer does not put a dime in Kotick's paycheck or bonus check. And Blizzard has no reason to apologize as they can choose whoever thy want to do voice overs. But to claim it gives Kotick a fatter bonus check to to show ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    These people be acting like we in some Orwellian nightmare when in reality its just a case of a company being a company.

"Muh cancel culture, this person is getting hate on Twitter"

Hit me up when the state enforces censorship, then we can talk.
    those same people are the same people who support putin and viktor orban

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony. o/
    Given your lack of understanding on fallacies, your use of that link was ironic. Good catch!
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

What exactly is a strawman here?