Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    If they go with a mind control affix, I doubt it would affect the tank. That would be a death sentence for higher keys where one melee hit from a Fortified mob can be enough to kill a DPS.
    hmmmm i would guess a few things:

every 20% forces Anduin comes and you have to stave him off until he reaches 75-50% hp before sodding off, and we get a buff similar to the pride buff

random person gets MC'd every 5 minutes for 30 seconds, you can choose to CC or bring them to 5% (200-300% extra hp/damage) makes the pace of the pulls something to be considered.

a "tower sentinal" is placed in 5 locations about the instances that reduce secondary stats by 10%, can choose to kill or leave them (like with season 4 BFA)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    ?

Pretty much every affix is mainly for dps or tanks to handle. Where does Blizzard love to abuse healers?
    I'm surprised so many people got triggered by my completely off-handed comment which was meant to be nothing more than a light-hearted joke.

One of the issues is that they have to figure out a way to compensate for the prideful dps we will be losing. Trying to do many tyr bosses (at the appropriate gear level) without it is already miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I've done both. Healing is way more chill. Someone died? Just blame them for standing in stuff/overaggroing/not using their defensives. Wipe? Blame tank for pulling too big when you don't have cooldowns/Tell people to use defensives. Yes you have to deal with a couple affixes, but not nearly as many as the tank

Going through this list: https://www.wowhead.com/affixes
    Explosive: tank/dps.
    Explosives die in a single hit. As a healer if you're not helping kill explosives with some instant like frost shock, moonfire, whatever you're fucking up

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    You apparantly never healed one. But hey: Not a e-peen competition hm?
    Even as a healer I acknowledge that tanking is a way tougher and more punishing job

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to find out, loss of control if not straight up MC seems likely.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

a random mob in a pack gets buffed, whoever last-hits it gains some bonus damage/healing/secondary stats. Que dps drama.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

-A Mawsworn Soulbearer spawns when entering specific areas in the dungeon whom throws a chain onto every partymember and attemps to drag them with her, killing chains will remove this and force her to fly off emptyhanded. If broken free, gaining 25% movement and invisibility for 15 seconds.

My dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Can you imagine the MDI?

Commentator: "Looks like Echo's in the lead... wait. What's this? Naowh just hearthed back to Oribos!"
    Hehe, giggled.

Chain you to Sylvannas bed so she can have her way with you... I mean, what?

i think we won't get another "at x%, something happens" affix 2 seasons in a row.
    so most likely some new maw-type mobs that alter the dungeon similar to Beguiling
    or changes to existing mobs with a Domination-buff/debuff.

i really hope it won't be a mind control, as those have the tendency to ruin CDs.
    saving up Combustion for that really dangerous mob in the next pull? let me waste it to cast 2 fireballs at the shaman and then sit in iceblock real quick.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

I hope it's not mind control because it would be just frustrating

A boss in each dungeon has been dominated by the jailer? Adding additional abilities and working as a way to balance the dungeons more evenly by choosing easier / more difficult bosses based on experience in s1?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would so much rather have new dungeons. Mythic plus is boring :/

But I am guessing it is some sort of blistering dot AoE or maybe a healing debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohvul View Post
    A boss in each dungeon has been dominated by the jailer? Adding additional abilities and working as a way to balance the dungeons more evenly by choosing easier / more difficult bosses based on experience in s1?
    Well so far every seasonal affix has only been a trash thing, I don't think that's been a coincidence.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Those sound more like weekly affixes, I'd expect them to keep designing seasonal ones to have a big impact on planning routes, like prideful, reaping or the 8.3 one as they were generally better accepted. A random mind control going out doesn't sound that impactful.
    In keeping with most boss fight mind control mechanics it would more than likely significantly increase the player's health and damage/healing dealt by them. Every other boss fight in the game has done that exact thing when a player got mind controlled. If they did add a mind control aspect as an affix then that would make sense. Group has to deal with a pack of mobs + someone randomly getting MC'd that now has as much HP as a boss and deals as much damage as a boss could spell out wipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Would so much rather have new dungeons. Mythic plus is boring :/

But I am guessing it is some sort of blistering dot AoE or maybe a healing debuff.
    There is a new mythic being released with the next raid patch....

Probably something will mindcontroll you and after you got freed you will get a damage buff or something.

Quote Originally Posted by lolec123 View Post
    Apparently you didn't play as a venthyr holy pala, cause he can do a lot to carry
    In most keys that aren't 20+, it would be better to be kyrian for Divine toll to be able to fullheal the group with shock barrier and glimmers on a 1 minute cooldown. At least in a pug environment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    ?

Pretty much every affix is mainly for dps or tanks to handle. Where does Blizzard love to abuse healers?

- - - Updated - - -

Couldnt be more wrong. Playing with bad people in pugs means you punish yourself - not that Blizzard punishes healers.
    Well when the dps or tank fuck up the mechanic the healers are the ones left to deal with the repercussions. I.e. bursting.

the affix makes you get dominated by sylvanas uwu

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    In most keys that aren't 20+, it would be better to be kyrian for Divine toll to be able to fullheal the group with shock barrier and glimmers on a 1 minute cooldown. At least in a pug environment.
    Better for general smoothness and easier to play? Yes. Better at carrying a group? No, of course not. Staying alive means fuckall if you don't have enough DPS to beat a timer, that's where a Venthyr HPal can carry.

If you fuck up tactics you either A) can't be outhealed anyway or B) you're doing such a low key that the healer can be Covenant-less and still save you.