Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

I think mythic plus would work better if it didn't reward gear.

Know that is a bit of a shocking title but let me explain my thought process. Currently in mythic plus I think everyone can agree there is a major stagnation problem once players have an established group running 15 keys. Trying to get a group between 10-13 is like pulling teeth for new players.

A simple solution to this would be to make only normal mode queueable then buffing a heroic to mythic 7 difficulty and rewarding appropriate ilv then in turn buffing a mythic 0 to a mythic 15 and letting it drop relevant rewards.

My reasoning behind this being that if you squish the possible levels down between difficulties you would heavily cut down the "dead keys" that are created in the weird inbetween no one seems to want to do.

I would still have keys scale past that new mythic 0 difficulty for additional power rewards but I feel there is to much of a spread for the progression part of keys.

I do not agree. I love the incremental steps up.

Hell no!

It should reward more, not less loot.

And be upgradable to mythic-raid level.

I disagree

We had a form of m+ with no gear in the past
    It wasn’t as accessible or enjoyable for the masses
    Now to the actual topic and not the clickbait title

you suggest essentially cutting the lower end players because...it’s boring doing +15 once you have a group. Taking away the fact that you would essentially push a majority into normal modes where nobody likes going outside of leveling you are saying buff the difficulty of heroic to be about 35% harder than m0 which if you’ve been in lower keys is already an ask for some players. You also wanna buff m0 to be almost twice as difficult just based on the multipliers and not taking affixes into account then you wanna have m+ scale further...for power/gear rewards

I am against that idea for the beginning of the expansion but it’s essentially just what they do for season resets and nowhere did you say “it shouldn’t give gear”

Prepare for SL season 2 and the 26 ilvl buff coming to everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Hell no!

They just described a convoluted version of next season

10+ Year Old Account
    Might aswell remove all loot from everywhere or just play gw2.

Just look what happened when blizz added challenge mode that rewarded only cosmetics and no gear, people done it once and then forgot about it. The only people who ran it more than once were boosters.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Hell no!

They're already hands down the nest way to gear up a character, you don't need more loot.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no!

Yeah, maybe if you time a +20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Hell no!

this + wf/tf

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    They're already hands down the nest way to gear up a character, you don't need more loot.
    They experimented with rewarding less loot and it clearly did not go down well. They should revert to legion/bfa loot rewards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Yeah, maybe if you time a +20.
    I'm sure they are thinking about something like that. They've added a teleport for 20+ KSM-style achievement. There have been mentions of M+ score 'brackets' similar to pvp rating. So they might provide upgrading via a system like that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    this + wf/tf
    Maybe not wf/tf, but maybe let you grind currency that allows you to socket items.

Having to grind The Maw for stygia is terrible game design.

Protip: ignore m+ completely. You will enjoy the game so much more that way.

Hell no!

God no.... please don't. Or make it only usable in Mythic+.

I don't want to farm the endless gear grind that is Mythic+ more than i allready have too. You get to max level roughly at the same time as raiders with the weekly cache. There is no reason whatsoever to hand out even more loot. OR remove the weekly chest and give enough currency to upgrade one item every two weeks. Then it is on par with the other ways to get gear. Maybe still a bit overpowered. As finishing a 15 is definetly easier than most most mythic bosses and even the last few heroic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    God no.... please don't. Or make it only usable in Mythic+.

I don't want to farm the endless gear grind that is Mythic+ more than i allready have too. You get to max level roughly at the same time as raiders with the weekly cache. There is no reason whatsoever to hand out even more loot. OR remove the weekly chest and give enough currency to upgrade one item every two weeks. Then it is on par with the other ways to get gear. Maybe still a bit overpowered. As finishing a 15 is definetly easier than most most mythic bosses and even the last few heroic bosses.
    Simply make it so you need +20 KSM to upgrade to mythic.

It's possible this is exactly how it'll be in 9.1 now that there is going to be an in-game rating.

Mission accomplished - I've not seen any gear from M+ in months.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I could live with that. But i don't think the community can. It would be another way to get max level gear which won't be obtainable by the casual player.

Why would it be? But i can see the threads here allready if they would do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Mission accomplished - I've not seen any gear from M+ in months.
    You should open your weekly chest.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    You should open your weekly chest.
    OP is talking about loot from M+, not loot in weekly chest.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Would I prefer it not rewarding gear? Yes. Would it be a dead game mode? Also yes. I would rather see many other changes made to it, like a systems that rewards you for pulling trash rather than punish you, removal of tyrannical, more affixes that, instead of doing damage, stun you for an extended amount of time (after being stunned for 10 seconds no DD would ever ignore mechanics again), etc.

i honestly don't know anyone who does m+ for the loot that drops in the dungeon itself.

sure people get useful loot all the time, but that's just a side effect of unlocking your weekly box which is why you are actually there.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-04-26 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Let me present you: PvP.

You get to choose your gear, you acquire the gear faster and it scales all the way to mythic raid level.

Mythic+ is not the best way to gear. I must've run 15 halls of atonement this week on my mage to get a staff. It never dropped. I was lucky someone traded one to me on the 15th which btw, was the first one i saw drop on all those runs. It is definitely nowhere near the best. It made me question why i am playing this game and wasting my time.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-04-27 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    OP is talking about loot from M+, not loot in weekly chest.
    He talks about gearing via Mythic+. The weekly chest is directly tied to it and max level loot is accesible waaaay earlier than the mythic raid loot for the majority of players.
    You cannot ignore it. I got my first few items from my mythic+ chest as the raid chest was to low to be viable.

Ignoring this part of the loot progression of course makes Mythic+ worse than it is. But gearing via Mythic+ is not really that much slower than Mythic raiding for a normal player. Thanks to the weekly chest.