Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I meant in the sense of a WotLK art book without *any* Necropoli in it. From Acherus to Zeramas, there are a lot of them in WotLK in general.
    He is correct. Looked it up. Not a single necropolis in the Wraith-Artbook, not even a downed one or Naxxramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    He is correct. Looked it up. Not a single necropolis in the Wraith-Artbook, not even a downed one or Naxxramas.
    That's weird, but I guess it is what it is.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If that was Acherus then I think they would make it look the same in cinematic as in game. Acherus looks significantly different from Maldraxus necropoli. And the ones from the cinematic suit Maldraxus ones more
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

The Maw was the central part of the Shadowlands and Oribos was the top of what is now Torghast, The Runecarver aka The Primus is the one who turned the key so to speak that locked Zovaal away and it sunk down beneath the other realms of the Shadowlands. It was quite obvious from the beginning.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I saved the picture

If this picture is real/ the video is real.

Then this is most certainly northrend and indeed like people said somewhere in borean tundra near the tuskars. Or indeed howling fjords or grizzily hills.

will see what it will be soon. If this leaked it means its done. ( looks done). and it has to do with the raid. so in month or 2 it will be out ( or 3 depending on raid release etc).

story wise : most likely after the defeat of sillyJanus. Jailor arriving in azoroth. setting up the next patch ( 9.2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ain’t going to happen.

If this is real, which is hard to tell by this picture alone, it will be from the finale of Shadowlands.

It doesn’t look like Naxxramas and it doesn’t look like Acherus though, the spikes are totally different. It could be one of the necropolises from Maldraxxus or it’s a completely new one and the new homebase for the Jailer when he enters Azeroth.

Edit: okay, it’s definitely one of the Maldraxxus‘ necropolises, check the picture here https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Necropolis

worth noting they already have a cinematic level maldraxxus necropolis model ready to go
    https://imgur.com/ZK7m0NJ

edit: lol i should read more than 4 posts before adding something everyone else already said haha

Just to give a possible scenarion based on the picture if indeed it is real.

The Jailer escapes the Shadowlands and takes control of Acherus, reenslaving most of the death knights there including the 4 horsemen.
    he then flies away with Acherus intending to go somewhere, possibly the World Soul, possibly to ressurect Arthas or someone else of importance.
    We the player then need to follow after him and stop him wherever he ends up, with a climactic boss fight against ressurected villains, turned allies and generally dead people.
    Finally we end with a climactic boss battle against The Jailer somewhere or another.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

The Jailer escapes the Shadowlands and takes control of Acherus, reenslaving most of the death knights there including the 4 horsemen.
    he then flies away with Acherus intending to go somewhere, possibly the World Soul, possibly to ressurect Arthas or someone else of importance.
    We the player then need to follow after him and stop him wherever he ends up, with a climactic boss fight against ressurected villains, turned allies and generally dead people.
    Finally we end with a climactic boss battle against The Jailer somewhere or another.
    That's not Acherus though, Acherus looks completely different. Edit: I like your idea though, the 4 Horsemen should be used again, they’re pretty much wasted right now.

It's clearly a Maldraxxi necropolis, I just put the official Maldraxxi necropolis and the "leaked" one together to better see that they're basically identical:

Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-26 at 06:12 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The Maw was the central part of the Shadowlands and Oribos was the top of what is now Torghast, The Runecarver aka The Primus is the one who turned the key so to speak that locked Zovaal away and it sunk down beneath the other realms of the Shadowlands. It was quite obvious from the beginning.
    This might be the case but the Maw is made of parts from other realms drawn to Torghast and there are some strong theme differences between Torghast and Oribos.

Very interesting this coincides with the new Mammoth Run Animations for 9.1...

Lots of Mammoths in Borean Tundra

Edit: Not to mention the new Polar Bear model from the store mount.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2021-04-26 at 05:58 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Are we sure he is if free and that he doesn't move the maw itself/a piece of torghast onto Oribos?
    Sylvanas moves Torghast to the Seat of the Arbiter, which still means it's outside of the Maw. You could maybe argue that the Maw became so big that it's consuming Oribos, but you could also argue that the Jailer is freed from the boundaries of the Maw during the Raid, and him, along with the Maw itself, are attempting to consume the Eternal City + the Arbiter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Why would the Jailer merely want to resurrect Arthas when he's got all the Sigils, likely destroyed the Machine of Death, and has complete entrance to Reality and the other Cosmic Realms now?

The necropolis could be even our homebase in 9.2, similar to the Vindicaar in 7.3. The story could be something like "we're freeing the Runecarver/Primus in 9.1, the Jailer enters Azeroth. As a result the Primus takes the lead and control over a Maldraxxi necropolis and we're chasing the Jailer through the veil with the necropolis as our new mobile hub."

7.3 vibes anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Very interesting this coincides with the new Mammoth Run Animations for 9.1...

Lots of Mammoths in Borean Tundra

Edit: Not to mention the new Polar Bear model from the store mount.
    All parts seem to come together. Someone else mentioned there was a Maldraxxi themed seasonal mount coming, too. So this makes all a lot of sense.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Sylvanas moves Torghast to the Seat of the Arbiter, which still means it's outside of the Maw.
    But isn't Torghast the jail and not the maw? Could be just moving the centre of it to the top, the Oribos skybox does get more and more darkened after all and also we haven't seen the heart of the forest get destroyed to assume that the jailer is free to get out of the maw, the datamined seat of the arbiter being far from an oribos sorrounded by maw clouds implies that aswell.

But isn't Torghast the jail and not the maw? Could be just moving the centre of it to the top, the Oribos skybox does get more and more darkened after all and also we haven't seen the heart of the forest get destroyed to assume that the jailer is free to get out of the maw, the datamined seat of the arbiter being far from an oribos sorrounded by maw clouds implies that aswell.
    The Sigil of the Winter Queen is within the Heart of the Forest. I would assume that's really all he needs to escape the boundaries of the Maw, so he could become more powerful. Not to mention the Maw is clouding Oribos, which implies the Jailer's power is expanding to the entire of the realms of Death by the time he gets to the Arbiter. And on top of that, the Jailer stole the Primus' key and is the master of Domination (His Sigil likely only expanding that reach).

Also, Torghast is the Jail. Yes. But that moves, and while that's happening, the Jailer is travelling through the Inbetween to escape and reach the Arbiter. The "crafting of new sigils" is apparently going to play a part in defeating the Jailer, but I doubt it.

Wanna know what would suck? If the Sigils were made against the old ones + the Jailer, and Sylvanas used them to defeat him. No...

Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That would be weird considering Necropoli are all over Northrend. Pretty sure there's one in the Death Knight intro cutscene video as well?
    Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying earlier, but the 'leak' is of cinematic quality so if it was a part of the cinematic-level work it would be included in this book. In game concept art is in the regular CE art book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying earlier, but the 'leak' is of cinematic quality so if it was a part of the cinematic-level work it would be included in this book. In game concept art is in the regular CE art book.
    I don't know if the image in question was ever released outside of BlizzCon, or even at BlizzCon insofar as that goes. I'm just saying it looks familiar, like something I've seen from the WotLK era back in '07. It may well not be, and I'm either thinking of something similar or something entirely else.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's not Acherus though, Acherus looks completely different. Edit: I like your idea though, the 4 Horsemen should be used again, they’re pretty much wasted right now.

It's clearly a Maldraxxi necropolis, I just put the official Maldraxxi necropolis and the "leaked" one together to better see that they're basically identical:

And Acherus / Naxx in game for reference:

This might be the case but the Maw is made of parts from other realms drawn to Torghast and there are some strong theme differences between Torghast and Oribos.
    I mean he clearly twisted it into his image so it would reflect his own pain and anguish.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Anyone think that it could be important that Helya's forces the Kvaldir*, attack Kaskala (area likely pictured) during Wrath?

Also Borean Tundra had a heavy Nerubian influence, could be something there.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I would partly caution looking too closely at the mammoth animation change as evidence of something, as hippogryphs and talbuks also got an update, too.

Unless you think this means the Jailer does something on Argus or Outland too.