Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    So they are as bad as other companies, so what? At best its a PR stunt that you have fallen for it. You need to wake up and stop treating a company that arranged a charity event that raised $1 million while claiming back $248 million from the tax payer as the second coming.
    Sooo, your statement is back at zero. You can't help charities because they get sponsored by another company that is unpopular?
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-04-26 at 09:22 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    So they are as bad as other companies, so what? At best its a PR stunt that you have fallen for it. You need to wake up and stop treating a company that arranged a charity event that raised $1 million while claiming back $248 million from the tax payer as the second coming.
    Then please stop hating and making it sound like $1 million being raised for a charity is a bad thing. At best it isn't a PR stunt nor is there anything to fall for. 1 million got donated directly to the charity and that charity now has $1 million more to use for its goals.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sooo, your statement is back at zero. You can't help charities because they get sponsored by another company that is unpopular?
    No I keep things in perspective and see things for what they are. If Blizzard really felt some duty to the community they wouldnt spend probably more than raised by this farce on minimising the amount of tax they paid. Blizzard are not in any way the nice company you like to pretend they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then please stop hating and making it sound like $1 million being raised for a charity is a bad thing. At best it isn't a PR stunt nor is there anything to fall for. 1 million got donated directly to the charity and that charity now has $1 million more to use for its goals.
    I tend to think about the $248 million tax refund. I dont hate them for raising money for charity but I am not going to defend them either. They have a long way to go before that happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tend to think about the $248 million tax refund. I dont hate them for raising money for charity but I am not going to defend them either. They have a long way to go before that happens.
    You called it a PR stunt at best. You called anyone saying that it isn't terrible a blizzard fan boy. Stop focusing on excuses to hate every action and just let the good actions be good. No one has said Activiosn Blizzard is the best company on the face of the planet. You keep using exaggeration for an argument that only exists in your head.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You called it a PR stunt at best. You called anyone saying that it isn't terrible a blizzard fan boy. Stop focusing on excuses to hate every action and just let the good actions be good. No one has said Activiosn Blizzard is the best company on the face of the planet. You keep using exaggeration for an argument that only exists in your head.
    If its not PR why else would they do it - Is it because they have grown a social conscience? As all the Blizztard fanboys remind us when they sack people after making record profits, they are business and are there to make money. Ok fair enough, but suddenly they are doing something not for a business reason? You cant have it both ways.

15+ Year Old Account
    If its not PR why else would they do it - Is it because they have grown a social conscience? As all the Blizztard fanboys remind us when they sack people after making record profits, they are business and are there to make money. Ok fair enough, but suddenly they are doing something not for a business reason? You cant have it both ways.
    It isn't having it both ways. It is just looking at it with out a lens of hatred. I never said it wasn't a PR thing just that it wasn't a PR thing at best. At best it was raising $1 million for charity. At worst it is just a PR stunt. Either way there is no good reason to hate on it because money was still given to a charity. And this time around Blizzard can't even use it as a tax write off.

You keep trying to frame everything with hate. Fan boys. Irrelevant past actions. Irrelevant tax returns. Yes corporations do things to make money. That doesn't mean you keep the hate train going for every single action they do because they can still do some good.

I honestly can't believe people still get pissed at this sort of thing. Heaven forbid someone redirects their followers to go directly donate to a charity organization.

You don't even need to donate this time in order to get the fucking pets. So what's the problem? This thread needs to be locked. There's nothing to discuss here.

So obnoxious model. Looks like 2004 LOL