Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Still got 2 houses near work that refuse to take the huge banners off the front of their houses from 2020. Imagine still being that bitter.
    There's an overpass near me that's had Trump folks on it regularly for years. They're still there with their signs for some reason.

Meanwhile, I can't remember the last time I saw anything more than a Biden bumper sticker still on a car since like...December? Handful of folks in my neighborhood had signs out and whanot, but those went away before the month was out as they were quickly replaced with Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukah decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There's an overpass near me that's had Trump folks on it regularly for years. They're still there with their signs for some reason.

Meanwhile, I can't remember the last time I saw anything more than a Biden bumper sticker still on a car since like...December? Handful of folks in my neighborhood had signs out and whanot, but those went away before the month was out as they were quickly replaced with Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukah decorations.
    Even when Hillary lost it did not last more than a month.....
    Sure people were bitchy for a while but this is a whole new level.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

The Trumpsters and -kins are just batshit crazy. I see teams names in benign games I play on my phone - "Trump2024" or "Trump4evr!" - that kind of literal cult following is both insane and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I see teams names in benign games I play on my phone - "Trump2024" or "Trump4evr!" - that kind of literal cult following is both insane and dangerous.
    I'm waiting for SNOOPKamala420Dank and BasedBidenBidet, myself.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cker-100-days/

WashPo put together an analysis on fact checking and communication in the first 100 days from Biden and Trump.

TLDR:

67 misleading claims from Biden, 511 from Trump in the same time. It's broken down by type (remarks, interviews, tweets etc.)

Trump communicated more overall, giving 35 more speeches than Biden, 14 more interviews, and 7 more press conferences. Biden by contrast has given 5 more remarks and 17 more press gaggles, which are more informal affairs.

Seems like Biden is talking less and letting the administrations actions speak for themselves, which I'm alright with. I don't need to see Biden in the headlines every single day.

in more biden news
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...rce=reddit.com

The US stock market has seen better returns in Joe Biden's first 100 days than under any president in the past 75 years
    and not even a twit brag about it, its like he doesn't know how to be a president or something....{s)

so much for Trump/GQP's prediction of a depression under Biden

a couple highlights

Data from JPMorgan indicated that Democratic presidents' average S&P 500 return was more than double the average return of Republican presidents since the end of World War II.
    The JPMorgan team said tax hikes on corporations and individuals to fund infrastructure and social spending, coupled with a tightening regulatory environment, could be a drag on equities in 2021.

That said, the team added that it didn't think tax increases would drive a big dip in earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    a couple highlights
    Yeah, but the theoretical earnings! Imagine all the theoretical money that could be lost when people think about the comparative theoretical earnings without the compromise halfway return to less taxes than corporations were paying before the Republican handout!

Sure it's all theoretical, but it's like, real too!

Yeah, but the theoretical earnings! Imagine all the theoretical money that could be lost when people think about the comparative theoretical earnings without the compromise halfway return to less taxes than corporations were paying before the Republican handout!

Sure it's all theoretical, but it's like, real too!
    "Obvious time for more tax cuts and like this time the massive tax cuts to 1% and big corps will pay for itself! we promise" - future republicans

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    "Obvious time for more tax cuts and like this time the massive tax cuts to 1% and big corps will pay for itself! we promise" - future republicans
    BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE FUCKING STOCK MARKETS AS CORPORATIONS BOUGHT BACK MASSIVE QUANTITIES OF STOCK?! SHITS LIT AF, FAM!!! REINVESTING IN THEMSELVES AND INNOVATING NEW WAYS TO BE GHOULISHLY EVIL!

I'm still deeply impressed that the tax cut remains historically unpopular. Like, it's astounding that a political party could cut taxes and people still hate it. That's an extremely difficult feat to have achieved.

even the most hardcore trumper does a double take when they see big corp pull in record profits and not pay taxes while you got a few hundred bucks at best.

how ever still better then voting for an "evil lib"

BREAKING: Census Apportionment Data:

HOUSE SEAT LOSES:
    CA: -1
    IL: -1
    MI: -1
    NY: -1
    OH: -1
    PA: -1
    WV: -1

HOUSE SEAT GAINS:
    TX: +2
    CO: +1
    FL: +1
    MT: +1
    OR: +1
    NC: +1
    https://twitter.com/marceelias/statu...588840963?s=19

Meh. Some say not so bad for Democrats. Yet you look at states that gained a seat, they take a hatchet to gerrymandering. Honestly the people that moved or birthrate may vote Dem, yet again will never see a Dem seat.

California better chop a Republican seat. Many wanting McCarthy's seat. Idk much bout the rest yet again if Republican controlled they will gerrymander not to lose a seat.

New York state lost a seat by 89 people.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2021-04-26 at 08:42 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    California better chop a Republican seat. Many wanting McCarthy's seat. Idk much bout the rest yet again if Republican controlled they will gerrymander not to lose a seat.
    California's redistricting is done pretty fairly. So far most people seem to be theorizing that the lost seat would come from the LA area, which could be a bit of a toss-up depending on exactly where the lines end up.

Doubtful, CA has a non-political commission that draws districts to avoid partisan bullshit. Honestly I'm curious how they'll handle it.

And I wish every state had a similar process, because it'd be hilarious to see those newly created districts in places like TX and FL go to Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    California's redistricting is done pretty fairly. So far most people seem to be theorizing that the lost seat would come from the LA area, which could be a bit of a toss-up depending on exactly where the lines end up.
    Yeah I read more and the LA seat.

Also I guess Illinois, New York and California will likely remove a Republican seat.

Just to be fair, I despise gerrymandering, but this is the game we play.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I'm waiting for SNOOPKamala420Dank and BasedBidenBidet, myself.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cker-100-days/

WashPo put together an analysis on fact checking and communication in the first 100 days from Biden and Trump.

TLDR:

67 misleading claims from Biden, 511 from Trump in the same time. It's broken down by type (remarks, interviews, tweets etc.)

Trump communicated more overall, giving 35 more speeches than Biden, 14 more interviews, and 7 more press conferences. Biden by contrast has given 5 more remarks and 17 more press gaggles, which are more informal affairs.

Seems like Biden is talking less and letting the administrations actions speak for themselves, which I'm alright with. I don't need to see Biden in the headlines every single day.
    but but where are the important stats.

Like # of tweets from each of them!!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Whereas Trump only took the job so he could be in the headlines every single day.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I read more and the LA seat.

Also I guess Illinois, New York and California will likely remove a Republican seat.

Just to be fair, I despise gerrymandering, but this is the game we play.
    Meh, I'm not as worried about gerrymandering so much as the fact that the seats were stolen in the first place. Cutting the census short in an already challenging environment with the pandemic was done for this exact result. NY was ground zero and lost a seat by 89 people? They knew what they were doing. I wonder if Florida's underreported deaths factor into this as well. Maybe they held onto some until after the count?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Meh, I'm not as worried about gerrymandering so much as the fact that the seats were stolen in the first place. Cutting the census short in an already challenging environment with the pandemic was done for this exact result. NY was ground zero and lost a seat by 89 people? They knew what they were doing. I wonder if Florida's underreported deaths factor into this as well. Maybe they held onto some until after the count?
    I'm not quite sure who you're accusing of doing what, but what you're talking about doesn't really sound like how the census actually works.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quite sure who you're accusing of doing what, but what you're talking about doesn't really sound like how the census actually works.
    I'm accusing Republicans of fucking with the count by not providing enough time or resources to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I'm accusing Republicans of fucking with the count by not providing enough time or resources to it.
    I mean, that's true, but that's not an easily targetable strategy and statements like "NY was ground zero and lost a seat by 89 people? They knew what they were doing." seem to suggest an accusation of more direct malfeasance and "I wonder if Florida's underreported deaths factor into this as well. Maybe they held onto some until after the count?" really feels like an accusation of intentional manipulation beyond what they would likely have had the ability to even do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, that's true, but that's not an easily targetable strategy and statements like "NY was ground zero and lost a seat by 89 people? They knew what they were doing." seem to suggest an accusation of more direct malfeasance and "I wonder if Florida's underreported deaths factor into this as well. Maybe they held onto some until after the count?" really feels like an accusation of intentional manipulation beyond what they would likely have had the ability to even do.
    I only meant to suggest that NY had some of the biggest challenges in conducting the census, and their time to do so was cut short. The result was very, very close. I think regardless of which seats in each state will be cut, the outcome would have been easy to predict - Republican states would be able to more easily count with less restrictions (TX, FL), the most populous states and areas would lose out (NY, CA), and the smallest states that are more safe for Republicans would potentially pick up seats (MT, surprised not ID).
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2021-04-26 at 09:45 PM.