Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I asked this several pages ago, but got no answer: regarding the connection of Yogg-Saron to the Lich King... could the Jailer just resurrect Yogg as an undead old god?
    Fighting an Old God after BFA would be the dumbest shit ever. No.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry while I'd LOVE to see Northrend again and the BEST time of my life (heck if they release Arthas movie I'll sleep at cinema until its release), no way a project that should be that big will be secret
    If it is indeed in work then it is minor to care about and will be a crime to the legend status of Northrend
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If we do fight Galakrond resurrected, then he’ll be a middle of the raid boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Ngl, I wanna kick Galakronds dick off

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck that proto drake. Chromatus is next!

I asked this several pages ago, but got no answer: regarding the connection of Yogg-Saron to the Lich King... could the Jailer just resurrect Yogg as an undead old god?
    It's likely that Yogg-Saron along with the others are reforming or have already reformed in the Void. This would also explain why Alleria still hears voices in spite of N'Zoth's defeat (and the chorus has worsened too).

Considering that there can be void elf death knights, I don't see why there couldn't be resurrected old gods, if the Jailer is strong enough. I do think that Galakrond would be a more interesting target for ressurrection, though.

An Arthas movie would be cool. I hope they make him CGI for that bulky warcraft human look.

Galakrond could be scary enough to be an expansion villain, especially the big bad of a Dragon Isles expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    The answer is "probably" in my opinion.

IIRC, Cho'gall in the comics tried to resurrect C'thun didn't he? And was stopped by medan (is he still cannon anymore even?). Also interesting to note, C'thun despite being dead was still giving off maddening whispers at its corpse.

I doubt the Blizz gave up on the idea of being able to revive the old gods and could be a way to tie into a void themed expansion at some point with old gods returning back to life / undeath?

Just speculation on my part which is why I believe it is probable but no solid evidence one way or the other.
    Med'an is in a cursed half-canon state. They refuse to officially decanonise the comic, but keep changing bits of it. He did not canonically become the guardian, hence the Khadgar stuff in the Legion build-up, but they've not clarified what specifically that means for Med'an.
    I don't believe Cho'gall resurrecting C'Thun wouldn't have resulted in an undead Old God though. It's more likely that they were going for true resurrection. He'd just have been alive again. Current lore is that Old Gods reform in the realm to which they're aligned, namely the Void, as all magical creatures do. However we know that this process can be magically accelerated or a physical body recreated from instances like Mannoroth in Warlords of Draenor. This is probably what Cho'gall tried to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

So this is the shot we see from the post 9.1 cinematic where the Jailer has escaped the Maw into Azeroth. We follow after him with some coalition of Bolvar + covenant leaders on Maldraxxi necropoli. Panoramic shot as we float over the Borean Tundra frantically searching for the Jailer and what the fuck he's up to. We eclipse the mountain range separating the Tundra from Dragonblight and on the horizon we see it: the moment Galakrond is raised into undeath by the Jailer's hand. Ominous orchestral music intensifies. End Scene.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Galakrond could be scary enough to be an expansion villain, especially the big bad of a Dragon Isles expansion.
    Dragon Isles...can’t really be an Expansion thing alone, imo.

Also, ARE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE FORGETTING FUCKING CHROMATUS?!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Galakrond is not more threatening than Zovaal. Not at fucking all. He’ll be a middle of the raid boss.

Are people still trying to "figure out" where that picture is located? That is 100% Kaskala in Borean Tundra. Just go there in WoW and you'll see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a Scourge Necropolis in the sky but... I don't trust the image.

If Blizzard wills it, it will be so, people didn't think SL could fit an entire expansion and we're here).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by mrmsix6 View Post
    So this is the shot we see from the post 9.1 cinematic where the Jailer has escaped the Maw into Azeroth. We follow after him with some coalition of Bolvar + covenant leaders on Maldraxxi necropoli. Panoramic shot as we float over the Borean Tundra frantically searching for the Jailer and what the fuck he's up to. We eclipse the mountain range separating the Tundra from Dragonblight and on the horizon we see it: the moment Galakrond is raised into undeath by the Jailer's hand. Ominous orchestral music intensifies. End Scene.
    Sounds good enough for me to resub (something 9.1 will not achieve).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Galakrond is not more threatening than Zovaal. Not at fucking all. He’ll be a middle of the raid boss.
    They pulled Shadowlands out of their a*, they can easily make Dragon Isles an entire expansion if they wanted to. We’ve already seen very good concepts on how the five zones could be.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Can you elaborate on this or is there a link? I guess I missed this.
    much like we could already see the Deathwalker season 2 recolor on Warcraftmounts long before it was officially shown, the season 3 recolor is also already on there

this season was all about Nathria/Denathrius and its Deathwalker is a black elemental with dark steel and red crystals, season 2's main theme is the jailer and ofc the sanctum and its Deathwalker is a blue elemental with lighter steel and blue crystals, there's a pretty clear connection between the mount color and the content, season 3's Deathwalker is a green elemental with greenish metal and purple crystals, Maldraxxus is the only thing we know of that can fit the bill here

of course with all the new Northrend speculation we could also stretch the green + purple color combo to mean a relation to the Nerubians, either scenario would be cool with me

I hope all of this Shadowlands shit opens the way for an undeath expansion created from the aftermath of the Jailer raising Galakrond, Chromatus and a butt-ton of our forces. Haven't had an undeath themed since Wrath and for me, it'd be infinitely more interesting than the Light vs Void crap everyone else is predicting. But that's probably what we're gonna get.

Galakrond getting raised would be badass! Imagine a massive undead proto-drake, bigger than any we've ever seen flying around Azeroth killing everyone. Imagine the joint Jailer and Scourge invasion having lasting consequences on Azeroth just as Cataclysm did. I want to see change, man. Change and undead allied races for both factions! I'm going back to my hole now. Bye.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Fighting an Old God after BFA would be the dumbest shit ever. No.
    I went from old god #1 fan to "oh god please no more" after BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Looks like a Scourge Necropolis in the sky but... I don't trust the image.

If Blizzard wills it, it will be so, people didn't think SL could fit an entire expansion and we're here).
    People never thought Northrend could be made into what it was. "It's just a frozen wasteland, how could they have us go there for an entire expansion?"

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Galakrond's a fucking Maw with wings. It took the Dragon aspects at their prime to deal with him, and now they're powerless. I could totally see us marching off to the Dragon Isles, a place Wrathion just recently returned from BTW, to find a way to power up the aspects again.

C'mon, there's an infinite dragon in the new 9.1 dungeon and I also highly doubt they updated Wrathion's model for a singular patch.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    If the necropolis entered in Icecrown, and the picture shows Borean tundra, then it would be heading SW. Guess not for Maelstrom then. Hyjal and the well of eternity? Silithus wound? Or maybe Orgrimmar? I don't think Sylvanas would be going for vengeance. Maybe to pickup loyalist Forsaken?
    Definitly not going to SW in that direction. Silithus could be. Orgrimmar could be, but why would he go there? Has to be the wound if that's it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-04-26 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    It took the Dragon aspects at their prime to deal with him, and now they're powerless.
    I thought they were still Proto-drakes when they defeated Galakrond? They were transformed and given power after the fight by two Watchers.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If we do get the Dragon Isles, I'll be annoyed if it's not a flying continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Definitly not going to SW in that direction. Silithus could be. Orgrummar could be, but why would he go there. Has to be the wound if that's it.
    You're all assuming it's travelling, and not just in a nearby, recognisable location as the camera swoops in just in time for some dialogue.
    Last edited by Blayze; 2021-04-26 at 10:45 PM.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I thought they were still Proto-drakes when they defeated Galakrond? They were transformed and given power after the fight by two Watchers.
    Yes, they were protodrakes, no fancy Aspect powers yet, maybe not necessarily their prime but they did fight. Honestly I don't know how Blizzard feels about Galakrond since Chronicle.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi