Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    That was the case for most of SL until they fixed anyway, nothing changed after they fixed it, at least from my perspective and it would be really sus if someone had one dungeon at 15 and not much else anyway. Obviously it's ignorant to think that there wouldn't be abuse, but they could come up with a way where this only affect intended population - people who want to go beyond what gives you maximum ivl from the vault.

- - - Updated - - -

You must understand that what you just wrote is willfully ignorant and massive exaggeration? Your way of playing the game is not the "only correct way to play the game" - we play the game differently, it doesn't make neither of them wrong. Everyone has same opportunities and they can assemble like-minded groups. Coming into a +5 "Chill run" and demanding MDI pulls is same as raging at someone for not being invited at +18 "push" when best you have done is +13.
    People want to play with people with similar interests and abilities. That's why guilds are a thing, they are for groups of people with similar approaches to the game. You don't go to a Chess club and expect to start playing against the champ on day one, while he might entertain the game or two, but he is there to play against people who are capable to challenge him. If you go to Novice Chess Club and there is a senior player there, chances are that he is there to help people out.

I guess I'm a little too effective sometimes. >_>;

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Since it will be a score made by Blizz them selfes I really hope they'll include statistics like average counterspells/kicks per instance.
    Had too many randoms with a decent rio who couldn't be arsed to interrupt mob abilities.
    I would love to see that, but it would have to be "smart" so overlapped interrupts would have like 0.5sec window where it did count in stats and some smart rating for overall casts stopped in the dungeon, so if people are very good at it, your ratio doesn't plummet, especially where you have paladin tanks - I can do 50-60 interrupts in a dungeon quite easy, not many are left for others

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    not really a reliable stat... i just did a mists on my paladin as prot... i had 57 interrupts... the dps had 5 each... why? because i interrupted pretty much everything...
    On the flip side, it'd be an easy way to make Pally tanks meta again, lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    Keys going up and down is part of the challenge. The risk and reward are what makes it compelling. Also being able to skip ahead invalidates most of the process. When you have an infinitely scaling challenge, part of its intrinsic quality is the idea that you have to prove you can do the earlier part first. Its the same reason you can't just skip to the end boss in a raid. You have to build up there first.
    If you can beat the +15 without having to do +2-14 then maybe it wasn't actually that hard. The difficulty should be in the actual content you are doing not in the process of getting to it. Blizzard can change it so the weekly vault is only based on timing the dungeon, but you can still get loot at the end of the dungeon if you complete.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If you can beat the +15 without having to do +2-14 then maybe it wasn't actually that hard. The difficulty should be in the actual content you are doing not in the process of getting to it. Blizzard can change it so the weekly vault is only based on timing the dungeon, but you can still get loot at the end of the dungeon if you complete.
    Sure, if you want 99% of groups to disband after one wipe, then that would be a great solution.

Seriously, people here put in 10 seconds of thought into their solutions with no critical thinking whatsoever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ima start interrupting all the low priority trash spells then to get my numbers up.
    It's still an indicator that you know the key and how to use it.

not really a reliable stat... i just did a mists on my paladin as prot... i had 57 interrupts... the dps had 5 each... why? because i interrupted pretty much everything...
    Had a Mists lately as well. I did 58 interrupts (as the tank) and the "entire rest" 6(!) and none of those at the last boss.
    Really bloody nice to decide whether you'd like to interrupt the channel or the parasite because the fricking rest couldn't be arsed.

Had a Mists lately as well. I did 58 interrupts (as the tank) and the "entire rest" 6(!) and none of those at the last boss.
    Really bloody nice to decide whether you'd like to interrupt the channel or the parasite because the fricking rest couldn't be arsed.
    As I've posted before. I 100% pug. I wait until last 0.5 sec to interrupt a priority cast. That way it reduces the risk of overlapped casts. I probably look like a noob on the interrupt meters but 0 priority casts go off. In this new system, ima say fuck it and start sniping all of them instantly. Id have to imagine other dps would as well.

And prot pally interrupts don't count lol

Don't prot paladins AoE interrupt with Avengers shield? I'd imagine it's pretty easy to get tons of interrupts off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    As I've posted before. I 100% pug. I wait until last 0.5 sec to interrupt a priority cast. That way it reduces the risk of overlapped casts. I probably look like a noob on the interrupt meters but 0 priority casts go off. In this new system, ima say fuck it and start sniping all of them instantly. Id have to imagine other dps would as well.

And prot pally interrupts don't count lol
    I play Warrior. And I would prefer people overlapping or sniping to ones that do nothing at all.

I play Warrior. And I would prefer people overlapping or sniping to ones that do nothing at all.
    Thats fair lol

no... it only interrupts the first target it hits... but it resets all the time...
    I'd wager most prot palas are kyrian. Divine Toll interrupts up to 5 targets simultaneously on a 1min cd. Add the Cpt America legendary and your normal interrupt.

Also coordinated groups call interrupts and most probably have a regular order so someone is always 4th and often doesn't even have to because mob is down before his turn.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Plain embarrassing is your lack of reading comprehension. Read my first post I said (that was waaaaaaaaaaaaay back) until you understand what I said.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53132214

Not my fault people cut in the middle of conversation without bothering to read the thread.
    I read it then you moved the goal posts and completely changed the narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

as tank I never interrupt the channeling. DPS usually understand to interrupt the ability that is killing them. Getting interrupts for stuff that is killing the rest of the group is oftentimes the challenging part in pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't an uncommon strategy to let Consume go the full channel because he doesn't do anything else while it's going on, and the link, mind control, and adds are way more annoying than some dumb swirls on the ground that you can move out of IMO.

I totally did get yelled at in a PuG last week for not interrupting it though. I found it amusing to get told to "find my interrupt key" when I have the opposite [deserved] reputation of being way too triggerhappy with interrupts. I have a very bad habit of unconsciously interrupting things I shouldn't -- it took me almost whole season to stop getting Painful Motivation in Freehold -- or interrupting trivial things just because it's off of cooldown (meaning I'm on cooldown for more important things). It was a full pug but I think if any of my friends or raidmates had been in that run they would have died laughing.

Semi-related though: I do wish people used interrupt trackers more than just looking at successful kicks in Details. There's a massive difference between someone who always tries but is just a little bit slower than someone else, and someone who never bothers. The former can be a problem if you have a group of Me that all kick the first thing so nothing is available for the second, but the latter where half the group doesn't even try is way way worse. I know in PuGs I am usually top interrupts even as a healer, but if I group with a specific friend of mine who has faster reaction times, he'll usually end up with like twice the amount as me even if we're hitting the button the same amount of times. HE ALWAYS WINS. YEAH I MEAN YOU, FRED.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of people are really bad at moving from them though... especially if you're not doing anything more than 14s for weekly... or doing 15 for ksm... i've had wipes due to it when doing weekly keys for my paladin as a healer...
    I mean, if people are bad at moving out of dangerous things, then the poison is going to get them anyway. It's a lot more deadly and also can be harder to dodge at certain times (stacking for adds). I've certainly seen a lot of deaths on that fight due to people standing in bad, but it's not usually the consume that is the culprit.

In any case, usually in PuGs/partial PuGs, someone will interrupt it anyway. I'm just saying there is a valid reason not to, and I know that with the people I play with it is standard for us to intentionally let it go.

| twitch | bsky
    |

His spells are weaker if he does not consume stuff (less green stuff, less links) so on high tyrannical keys you would never let him cast it to full unless boss will be dead in the next 30sec or so.
    It will be really hard to come out of shadowlands after having Divine Toll and Avengers Shield Reset legendary back to normal proc reset and one interrupt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I mean, if people are bad at moving out of dangerous things, then the poison is going to get them anyway. It's a lot more deadly and also can be harder to dodge at certain times (stacking for adds). I've certainly seen a lot of deaths on that fight due to people standing in bad, but it's not usually the consume that is the culprit.
    He will do more puddles of green if you let him cast. I am not doing super-high keys (my best mists is 20) but I would rather interrupt instantly than have 5 links on a tyrannical week for half of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It's almost like some in game score isn't a good indicator of how good a player is. It's almost like people are fixated on a random number to tell how good a player is instead of just queing for content, clearing content and being happy you could clear content.. Why people are so fixated on a meaningless score of how good someone supposedly is is beyond me. It's a bit childish imo.
    You are completely wrong here. The number is not random, it tells you how experienced a player is, especially when you look more into detail whats going on. Like how many dungeons has this person timed/at which affix are his best keys.

Mythic+ strongly depends on experience, or rather knowledge. Now, you could be a good player, read a guide and be fine in a +15. That is definitely a possibility, but how likely is that to happen? People need to know what to kick, which abilities hurt, what is the flow of the dungeon, so that I can maximize my dps CDs, how can my class support the tank kite, or help the healer out. Do I need CDs for the next pack, or do I rather save them for the boss the pull after. All those things, add up, and you need alot of them to go right, so that the dungeon will be completed successfully.

Nobody is saying, that no r.io = not suited to do a reasonably high key. But it is pretty likely compared to a player with a high r.io.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    He will do more puddles of green if you let him cast. I am not doing super-high keys (my best mists is 20) but I would rather interrupt instantly than have 5 links on a tyrannical week for half of the fight.
    This is in key ranges where it doesn't matter fwiw. The highest Mists I've done is a 17. Even on Tyrannical the fight doesn't last long enough for it to be an issue. I don't know what key ranges Plehnard plays in (the one who specifically mentioned Consume) but I did want to point out that it's not uncommon to intentionally let it go in lower keys. I'm not saying it's a great idea in all key ranges. Obviously if yall pushing high keys the strategies for a lot of things is different.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Whys that? You can select to do normal/heroic/mythic raid in a menu. You can select to do normal/heroic/mythic dungeon. Whats wrong with selecting the difficulty level of the dungeon you feel your group can handle?

Diablo 3 let's you pick your greater rift Keystone level. Why not mythic+?
    Because D3 is a different game? Like very different.

It adds variety, else people would just spam 10x mists each week.
    Also, having the key level matter, means that there is weight to wipe. If keylevels would not matter, you'd have a infinite supply of high level keys, even though if you might take 2hrs to do them.

It is just different than raiding. Not every piece of content must follow the exact same formula.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    *for the most part* it's just gearscore on steroids, that's all.
    Well yes, because it is meant for difficult, actual challenging content, not ICC normal mode.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends who uses it, and where it is used.

The issue at hand is not r.io, it is the community. It is due to the supply and demand of lfg tool groups and people wanting to do m+. If I post my +14 mists, I will get easily 50 applicants in a matter of minutes. There might be a few troll ones with +10s done, but the majority is on paper capable of doing this key. The thing is, why would I invite the person with 1320 r.io and 215 ilvl if I can get a 1900 rio guy with 226 ilvl.

All people need to do is use rio to their advantage, and make their on fucking groups. So it is not the fault of the website, it is too few people wanting to make a group.