Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not really, its easy to load up a generic 3d map of lets say skyrim, use map editor to make some things that look like places in wow, alter a wow model to look like one from a cienamtic, add some effects, and then just trash the quality to hide mistakes.

like looking at the necropolis there is barely a texture. blizz literally did this in vanilla wow, the necropolis naxramas didnt have a texture, it was just grey, a silihoutte in the distance a giant grey blob, but because of the distance and it appearing in the fog it got away with it.

its so low quality it could easily be made by a person with just too much free time and fancied up to look better, its easy to hide stuff behind low quality.
    Could be fake - Sure. But why would you make yourself all that work to create a maldraxus necropolis floating over Northend? Wouldn't you try to make it a little bit more epic? To steer people up. For what other reason would you fake one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    For what other reason would you fake one of these.
    The same reason for when it's happened countless times in the video game industry: shits and giggles.

All I know is that they made the full CGI shadowlands trailer showcase for a reason. We are clearly going to get more full CGI cinematics, just like BFA. You can argue over this being fake but it doesn't matter. Each patch will get one.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    The same reason for when it's happened countless times in the video game industry: shits and giggles.
    Rnd dude seeing the picture: "Yeah cool screenshot. Could be a necropolis over Nothrend."
    Another dude: "Yeah you are right. This could mean anything tho. So whatever."

The fake creator:"HIHIHIHI I tricked them." ???

Rnd dude seeing the picture: "Yeah cool screenshot. Could be a necropolis over Nothrend."

Pretty much, yes. New to fake shit in media?

Yes. Again, this sort of thing has happened sooooooo many times. Trolls are a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I am 100% sure that we will be going to Northend at some point through Shadowlands, it only makes sense.
    Mark my words mate. 9.3 (if happens... or 9.2 as last "big patch") will happen in Dragoblight. And we will see interactions between Bolvar and Red Dragonflight. They won't be happy about each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Could be fake - Sure. But why would you make yourself all that work to create a maldraxus necropolis floating over Northend? Wouldn't you try to make it a little bit more epic? To steer people up. For what other reason would you fake one of these.
    because 1. its less work to only include 1 thing
    2. the more you add, the more possible holes people can find
    3. creating something epic is obvious, the less "epic" something is the less beleiveable. why a lot of old fakes were literally just the login screen or random logo, instead of idk the final boss, some cool ass models, etc etc.

the more you add the more work it takes.

and again for what reason would you fake one of these? idk what reason did literally every single fucking person ever who faked shit fake it?
    Are you really trying to ask "why would someone fake something" dude, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Yes. Again, this sort of thing has happened sooooooo many times. Trolls are a thing.
    I know, but not with something so uninteresting. Like you don't get any juice out of faking something like this. Like back in the days all these dragon island fakes and stuff. They all had a lot of juice and people went crazy over these, but this is one is so boring.. that's the point. It's so uninteresting, that it could be real.

I want to call it fake but I was wrong with Bolvar. I thought there was no possible way Blizzard would be dumb enough to have Bolvar all fire with just blue eyes or that for some reason he would get a few pieces of dk armor while going shirtless but it turned out real.

I know, but not with something so uninteresting. Like you don't get any juice out of faking something like this. Like back in the days all these dragon island fakes and stuff. They all had a lot of juice and people went crazy over these, but this is one is so boring.. that's the point. It's so uninteresting, that it could be real.

About as interesting as this. Jailer ends up leaving the shadowlands and invading azeroth vs army of ghosts invade stormwind. Sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    your literally answering your own question.
    "Why would they fake something so uninteresting, that just makes it more believable"
    Thats the point... if they try to keep it simple then it lets people go wild, again login screens and logos.

because 1. its less work to only include 1 thing
    2. the more you add, the more possible holes people can find
    3. creating something epic is obvious, the less "epic" something is the less beleiveable. why a lot of old fakes were literally just the login screen or random logo, instead of idk the final boss, some cool ass models, etc etc.

the more you add the more work it takes.

and again for what reason would you fake one of these? idk what reason did literally every single fucking person ever who faked shit fake it?
    Are you really trying to ask "why would someone fake something" dude, seriously?
    Fakes on this forum were always somewhat epic. Not a blurry picture of Northrend.

- - - Updated - - -

your literally answering your own question.
    "Why would they fake something so uninteresting, that just makes it more believable"
    Thats the point... if they try to keep it simple then it lets people go wild, again login screens and logos.
    You argue on both sides of the spectrum. You say adding more stuff makes it unbelievable and also not adding more stuff makes it unbelievable. Login screens are 100% more epic than that fake "leaked" here.

Fakes on this forum were always somewhat epic. Not a blurry picture of Northrend.

- - - Updated - - -

You argue on both sides of the spectrum. You say adding more stuff makes it unbelievable and also not adding more stuff makes it unbelievable. Login screens are 100% more epic than that fake "leaked" here.
    I think if you don't strawman what he says that it is very simple and he isn't arguing both sides. He is saying that they are going to do stuff like making it blurry and relatively simple as it takes less time and thus it is harder to find errors in it. So it is a double win. Hell, the Stormwind Harbor which actually had a lot of work put in to it was usually shown to be fake because the water doesn't match WoW's water.

However, he also states that they don't want to have too amazing of a scene as people are less likely to think it is true then. Having it be more mundane gets people just like you and others saying, "It is boring so it must be real." You are actually playing in to their hand when you make this argument.

Now with that said. There is literally nothing in this screenshot that an amateur artist couldn't do pretty easily. In fact, this Draka image is completely fan made and much higher quality than this supposed leak. Had the artist wanted they could have put in some random background on the image, posted it on here and reddit saying that it's a leak of a future WoW cinematic and a ton of people here would be saying it is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6q_AMvpga0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bLqnem9Jj0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppe8723nEmA

Here are some videos of people remaking WoW locations in Unreal to give it a near cinematic quality. Imagine how easy it'd then be to take any of these, zoom out a bit and make it extremely blurry to hide any imperfections and then advertise it as a leak. I mean, there is even a reason a lot of people on say reddit have pointed out the Unreal engine qualities to the pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tElS7a7z1Dc

Here's a nice video of a guy making a CGI front of Orgrimmar shot who admits himself to still using this as a learning process and is still very amateur at it. Even then this entire video still shows a higher quality than what the screenshot shows.

I do want to point out, it is funny in this thread reading the people that believe this 'leak' and they can't decide if their argument should be, "There is way too much effort in this for it to be a fake" or "There isn't enough effort in this, fakes are usually more epic than this and thus it must be real."

Like, this isn't the first fake blurry screenshot that we are being told is a totally real leak, and it won't be the last.
    Last edited by Wowplayer2021; 2021-04-27 at 01:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

thats the whole fucking point.

adding more stuff makes it more believable, but makes it more likely to be noticed as a fake, holy fucking shit do you not understand how things work?

If you show a photoshop of you with 1 celebrity it is unlikely people will notice the small errors, but post 100 and you are more likely to have made an error someone notices. and then well all your stuff is put up to notice and they start dismantling that aswell. the more you make the more likely it is someone will notice the lie.

and yes as the guy above me says, you are literally fucking with your own logic
    "If someone wanted to fake something, why would they make it boring and not super epic. It being boring makes it more likely to be real!"
    yeah that's literally why they would make it more boring, cause then it seems even more likely to be real.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-27 at 01:17 AM.

anyone else just see a flying boat??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Could be an invasion by Necrolords that follow the Jailer?
    Maybe they will rezz Galakrond...
    oh for the love of god if the jailer brings back galakrond and the dragon isles are a patch im going to lose any hope for the rest of the game in terms of story and new classes

Quote Originally Posted by himmelschein View Post

found on 4chan and classic sub
    Looks like necropolis (naxxramas?) and northrend. Maybe connected to 9.1 maybe not. Classic WotLK? Warcraft 4?
    This is probably a leaked still from the Sylvanas book and not from a cinematic. There are CONFIRMED/encrypted 3-4 rendered cinematics in 9.1:
    1: The cinematic we've seen with Anduin & the Archon
    2: The Sylvanas versus Tyrande cinematic Spoilers
    3: The Sylvanas defeat cinematic
    4: The Maw/Korthia cinematic

If this IS a cinematic, it's part of the third one.

Then again could be fake or scrapped.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Instead of arguing over whether or not it's real how about everyone speculate what it could mean?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by morsdood View Post
    much like we could already see the Deathwalker season 2 recolor on Warcraftmounts long before it was officially shown, the season 3 recolor is also already on there

this season was all about Nathria/Denathrius and its Deathwalker is a black elemental with dark steel and red crystals, season 2's main theme is the jailer and ofc the sanctum and its Deathwalker is a blue elemental with lighter steel and blue crystals, there's a pretty clear connection between the mount color and the content, season 3's Deathwalker is a green elemental with greenish metal and purple crystals, Maldraxxus is the only thing we know of that can fit the bill here

of course with all the new Northrend speculation we could also stretch the green + purple color combo to mean a relation to the Nerubians, either scenario would be cool with me
    Thanks for the update on this! Sounds very interesting and might correspond with all the other stuff.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

thats the whole fucking point.

adding more stuff makes it more believable, but makes it more likely to be noticed as a fake, holy fucking shit do you not understand how things work?

If you show a photoshop of you with 1 celebrity it is unlikely people will notice the small errors, but post 100 and you are more likely to have made an error someone notices. and then well all your stuff is put up to notice and they start dismantling that aswell. the more you make the more likely it is someone will notice the lie.

and yes as the guy above me says, you are literally fucking with your own logic
    "If someone wanted to fake something, why would they make it boring and not super epic. It being boring makes it more likely to be real!"
    yeah that's literally why they would make it more boring, cause then it seems even more likely to be real.
    But by making it boring they destroy the purpose of creating fakes.... No one would care if I create a fake sholazar basin screenshot. But everyone cares if I create a fake login screen showing the next evil. You get the point?