Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I loved PS1
    loved PS2
    disliked the PS3
    have a PS4 but don't have any feelings about it.

I don't think I'll be buying a PS5, since it's just a weaker version of my PC at this point.
    And if you really want to play an exclusive you can stream it with PSNow.

Honestly, I have a PS5 and at the moment just not impressed. I'm sure better games will come out that will impress me but I'm feeling diminishing returns with this console more than any console in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowplayer2021 View Post
    Honestly, I have a PS5 and at the moment just not impressed. I'm sure better games will come out that will impress me but I'm feeling diminishing returns with this console more than any console in the past.
    Graphically this is very true. Games already look sooo good its hard to improve. Most of the changes will be far less noticeable for some/most. Better lighting, higher frame rate, etc. The biggest/most obvious change are the load times. Not even comparable to last gen. I was lucky to get an Xbox series X around Christmas time and that thing loads games faster than my PC does.

I'll grab a PS5 down the line once the shortage is over and they start to release bundle deals/possibly a limited edition that I like (hopefully its black, I dont like the white PS5).

10+ Year Old Account
    I game on both PC and PS5 and the PS5 is a beast of a machine IMO. The OS runs like butter. 4K HDR gaming out the box? Yes. Frame rate can be an issue but is $400 - $500 box versus building a machine within 500 GB NVMe drive, a decent GPU, CPU, 16gb RAM (Windows will shit all over your 8GB), and a monitor that will do your GPU justice. Building such a machine from scratch is going to x2 more than a
    PS5. Most people do not care about bleeding edge performance, and not far the investment to get there or dealing with the quirks of a PC.

Man, the Dualsense controller is just sexy.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Man, the Dualsense controller is just sexy.
    Honestly, I'm probably more excited for that than anything else (admittedly I've got a pretty solid right right now so I'm cheating). Pretty pixels and horsepower are great, but I'm more interested in the things the console can do that my computer can't.

And hey, maybe PSVR 2.0 won't be total garbage!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Graphically this is very true. Games already look sooo good its hard to improve. Most of the changes will be far less noticeable for some/most. Better lighting, higher frame rate, etc. The biggest/most obvious change are the load times. Not even comparable to last gen. I was lucky to get an Xbox series X around Christmas time and that thing loads games faster than my PC does.

I'll grab a PS5 down the line once the shortage is over and they start to release bundle deals/possibly a limited edition that I like (hopefully its black, I dont like the white PS5).
    Uhh Ratchet looks a generation above anything else on the market and seeing as it's the first AAA exclusive built exclusively for the hardware that isn't limited by being a 1:1 remake it's only going to get better from that. It pretty damn close to looking like a pixar movie ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh Ratchet looks a generation above anything else on the market and seeing as it's the first AAA exclusive built exclusively for the hardware that isn't limited by being a 1:1 remake it's only going to get better from that. It pretty damn close to looking like a pixar movie ffs.

The only exclusive I got on my radar so far. Got around to playing the previous game for the first time last year and loved it. Maybe I'll get a PS5 by then or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The only exclusive I got on my radar so far. Got around to playing the previous game for the first time last year and loved it. Maybe I'll get a PS5 by then or not.
    The one on the PS4 is the definition of a proper remake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we skip adds whole watching YouTube on ps5?

10+ Year Old Account
    Youtube premium

man wish I could be 12 again and play ps5 ratchet and clank.

Not complaining I had crash bandicoot 1. But damn how far games have come.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    man wish I could be 12 again and play ps5 ratchet and clank.

Not complaining I had crash bandicoot 1. But damn how far games have come.
    Don’t have to be 12, there plenty of adult jokes in it targeted towards adults

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The one on the PS4 is the definition of a proper remake.
    The one on PS4 is a reimagining and not for the better. It looks pretty and plays well, but the story and writing is complete ass compared to any of the other main games. I believe this is mainly due to it having a movie tie in though and I feel more confident in Rift Apart's writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG, she is going to kill Clank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm going to get Returnal. Looks like the first real exclusive built for the PS5. A cross between Risk of Rain 2 and Hades and the reviews are favorable. IDK if I'm ready to drop $70 on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    amazing

You could drop $700 on a GTX 3080 and have $300 left over.

And yet, people are paying this price? People are THAT desperate to play Miles Morales, the only PS5 exclusive?

EDIT: Nevermind! Seems to be a third party scalper.

Still boggles my mind people are still buying. Just wait!
    No you can't regardless of who the seller of this PS5 is or who sells the graphics card.
    Even if your buying the GPU at a store you still need to pay twice the amount of what Nvidea was selling the FE for because everybody that's part of GPU supply chain has increased there respective prices to make up for the lack of supply in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS5's are coming to Europe in May apparently, I'd be F5ing every single store before the bots buy them all up again.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    PS5's are coming to Europe in May apparently, I'd be F5ing every single store before the bots buy them all up again.
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...h-emeaa-charts

They have been steadily coming to everywhere it's launched in, it's not like they go weeks without shipments or some shit lol. 7.8 million sold in same time span PS4 sold less, they are out there but most retailers suck ass at having bot protection so you need to follow the right resources for knowing when they are available in your region.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...h-emeaa-charts

They have been steadily coming to everywhere it's launched in, it's not like they go weeks without shipments or some shit lol. 7.8 million sold in same time span PS4 sold less, they are out there but most retailers suck ass at having bot protection so you need to follow the right resources for knowing when they are available in your region.
    I got mine from PS Direct. They have the best system in place. All automated, none of that F5ing nonsense trying to beat bots that a site says they 'totally protect against'. No having to buy bundles, complete with windows that open every 10 min, canceled orders, orders that don't ship for weeks, people buying multiple consoles.

You sign on, you get placed in a queue. The queue is randomized then allows people to into the store based on their position. You can see your place the entire time. They tell you what has sold out. Mine was at my door in like a day or two. I know someone who managed to order one from Walmart a week before me and still didn't get theirs until almost two weeks after me.