Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Y’all are naive. It’s obvious this “leak” was created by the Dreadlords to stir up some drama within the forums here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Instead of arguing over whether or not it's real how about everyone speculate what it could mean?
    Hasn’t this been done already here? There are basically two options:

1. It‘s part of the Jailer‘s forces and used as his flying homebase for his invasion of Azeroth

2. It‘s part of the Azerothian forces and a result of the Primus returning; acts as a hub to the new content coming in 9.2 akin to the Vindicaar in 7.3

These are the two options for this stuff. I don’t understand why people are so hard against it, the Jailer is clearly leaving the Shadowlands behind at the end of 9.1 and sooner or later we have to return to Azeroth to close the rift between Azeroth and the Shadowlands. It started at Icecrown and it’ll end there. And if it ends on Icecrown, we (aka the players) need a hub in Northrend (which clearly cannot be Dalaran for the 3rd time).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This is probably a leaked still from the Sylvanas book and not from a cinematic. There are CONFIRMED/encrypted 3-4 rendered cinematics in 9.1:
    1: The cinematic we've seen with Anduin & the Archon
    2: The Sylvanas versus Tyrande cinematic Spoilers
    3: The Sylvanas defeat cinematic
    4: The Maw/Korthia cinematic

If this IS a cinematic, it's part of the third one.

Then again could be fake or scrapped.
    If it‘s a cinematic, it clearly would be the end-of-raid cinematic of 9.1 that acts as a transition between 9.1 and the upcoming 9.2. So as you said, option 3.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-27 at 01:59 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I thought they were still Proto-drakes when they defeated Galakrond? They were transformed and given power after the fight by two Watchers.
    I could be wrong, I can't quite remember the exact events.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    But by making it boring they destroy the purpose of creating fakes.... No one would care if I create a fake sholazar basin screenshot. But everyone cares if I create a fake login screen showing the next evil. You get the point?

I mean, doesn't this topic itself destroy that theory? If this is a fake Borean Tundra screenshot it still got over 200 replies on this topic alone, not to mention the other sites that are talking about this. The one who faked it can still have a good laugh at everyone believing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I could be wrong, I can't quite remember the exact events.
    Yeah they were Proto Drakes while defeating Galakrond. And then they made up the story about how they became Aspects in the first place.

If we go by that lore, Deathwing alone was way more intimidating and fatal to Azeroth and its inhabitants than Galakrond.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I went from old god #1 fan to "oh god please no more" after BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

People never thought Northrend could be made into what it was. "It's just a frozen wasteland, how could they have us go there for an entire expansion?"

- - - Updated - - -

Galakrond's a fucking Maw with wings. It took the Dragon aspects at their prime to deal with him, and now they're powerless. I could totally see us marching off to the Dragon Isles, a place Wrathion just recently returned from BTW, to find a way to power up the aspects again.

C'mon, there's an infinite dragon in the new 9.1 dungeon and I also highly doubt they updated Wrathion's model for a singular patch.
    They were merely Proto Drakes.

Dragon Isles is probably going to be the main lvling area of the next expac. I doubt it's going to be the focus, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah they were Proto Drakes while defeating Galakrond. And then they made up the story about how they became Aspects in the first place.

If we go by that lore, Deathwing alone was way more intimidating and fatal to Azeroth and its inhabitants than Galakrond.
    Either way, the Jailer mawsworning Galakrond would be neat. Would finally give me the chance to beat that mf'ing Dragon once and for all.

After I beat the Jailer, then I'll clap Sargeras, Yrel, my...friend Lothraxion...*sniffs*, Turalyon, more Ethereals, hopefully Elune, and the Void Lords!

And after that? The First Ones. *Smirks in bloodlust*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    100% impossible that it's a movie. Blockbuster movie productions aren't hidden so far in development that there's cgi footage already made. News gets reported well before pre-production even begins.
    it could be an animation movie too, i don't think it encessary need real actors, just their voices/faces

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Dragon Isles...can’t really be an Expansion thing alone, imo.

Also, ARE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE FORGETTING FUCKING CHROMATUS?!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Galakrond is not more threatening than Zovaal. Not at fucking all. He’ll be a middle of the raid boss.
    That's what I thought about Broken Isles (didn't think it could be more than a zone in a South Seas expansion) and I for sure thought Argus and Nazjatar would be expansions of their own too. At this point Blizzard could pull an Elwynn Forest expansion out of their collective asses if they could justify the lore for it.

A Jailer-Galakrond team up could totally be a Deathwing tier threat.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    That's what I thought about Broken Isles (didn't think it could be more than a zone in a South Seas expansion) and I for sure thought Argus and Nazjatar would be expansions of their own too. At this point Blizzard could pull an Elwynn Forest expansion out of their collective asses if they could justify the lore for it.

wod was literally gunna be an elwynn forest expansion.

OG it was gunna be the mongrel horde, garrosh was gunna flee and make a horde out of the "mongrels"
    Gnoll, murloc, kobold, troggs, and others. literally elwynn forest expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

The Broken Isles weren't even the main factors of the Legion expansion. Sure, they housed the Pillars of Creation, but that was it.

The Dragon Isles can definitely be a perfect lead into a Chromatus + Chromatic Flight/Infinite Flight raid, with the second main raid being Yrel and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

That's alright. I still think Galakrond would bitchslap us unless we had yet another deus ex machina

The Dragon Isles can definitely be a perfect lead into a Chromatus + Chromatic Flight/Infinite Flight raid, with the second main raid being Yrel and co.
    The funny thing is, for years I totally disliked another dragon expansion. But when I think about a Void vs Light expansion (which sounds so incredibly cliche), I think a dragon expansion would be the best what could happen to WoW - if done right.

I'll only except Dragon Isles though when they are a floating archipelago somewhere very high up in the sky.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Mark my words mate. 9.3 (if happens... or 9.2 as last "big patch") will happen in Dragoblight. And we will see interactions between Bolvar and Red Dragonflight. They won't be happy about each other.
    I´m in for that one. I totally expect that too. There is an unfinished business between them, even though it should end up quite neutrally.

I am just so afraid of the current developers touching anything from the previous devs generation. Is like having a child walking with a glass of water over a top notch laptop, so much potential damage can be done lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

I had entirely forgotten about that pic... :P

Y’all are naive. It’s obvious this “leak” was created by the Dreadlords to stir up some drama within the forums here.
    Dreadlords playing some crazy 4D chess. :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    There are CONFIRMED/encrypted 3-4 rendered cinematics in 9.1
    Source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Source for that?
    I mean haven't you dug up and see how many ecrypted cinematics are in the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    But by making it boring they destroy the purpose of creating fakes.... No one would care if I create a fake sholazar basin screenshot. But everyone cares if I create a fake login screen showing the next evil. You get the point?
    If you created a fake Scholazar basin screenshot you would trick loads of people.

Import Scholazar basin into an editor, make it look kinda ruined or snowy or some obvious change from what we have, add a few HD quality models like the new tigers from MoP or something else fitting the "new" version of the zone, then find the font used in WoW and have it say something like "Scholazar lake".

Then you just claim it is a leaked image from the new expansion reveal and watch as the forums do all the work finding reasons for it to be real.

- - - Updated - - -

The most effective fake leaks are always the ones that give the least amount of concrete evidence, and if it does it will be something that is easy to fake like a map.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I feel like if this is actually a still from an upcoming cinematic, it'll be released Old Soldier style on youtube to hype up patch 9.2 focusing on the Jailer's invasion of Azeroth. We've known for a while now that his goal seems to be Azeroth's soul, so it's already a pretty likely scenario.

At this point I sort of doubt the Jailer will be the final raid boss of Shadowlands, but I'm curious as to what will eventually overshadow him. I could definitely see a transition to a light/void war happening in 9.3 to hype up the next expansion.

That's obviously assuming we'll even get a 9.3 patch. At the rate they're releasing content patches in Shadowlands, it'll end in 9.2 or 9.2.5 if they want to keep it a 2 year expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    I mean haven't you dug up and see how many ecrypted cinematics are in the PTR?
    As far as I can see there's 0 prerendered cinematics currently encrypted, so that's why I asked.

My friend linked me these two images yesterday also one is what OP posted but the other was different like a comparison to it. (Can't post links feelsbadman)
    imgur com /a/ ibmCdye