Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    What do you all thing is the most nerfed and underpower class and specs in every expansion ?
    Last edited by Invisibility; 2021-12-12 at 02:37 PM.

I think this would be Shaman

Most will think and some will say: If my spec is not topping the charts it is underpower and those blizz devs have ruined my spec! How dare they!

Well mage is probably the most buffed in every expansion.
    If mage can't top the meters they get tons of buffs for every spec every time. You can count on it.
    Mage was never bad in wow history.

Most nerfed from what I experienced was hunter.
    They often got 10 % nerfs that made ppl quit the game in swarms. I remember back in mop where they basically removed a whole tier of gear from my character which would have took me weeks to recover from to do the same dps again. So I just quit back then.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-04-27 at 01:53 PM.

The classic example is shamans. They were nerfed at some point in classic WoW, and have remained one of the least viable PvP and PvE classes in the game since. There have been moments of reprieve, like resto in BC and SL, and elemental in various patches (like the BoD raid, in recent memory), but otherwise, all specs have been lackluster.

The biggest nerf may have been demonology warlocks going into HFC in BfA. They were specifically nerfed to make way for Demon Hunters. Ion literally said he'd rather the playerbase didn't play demonology. Perhaps that wasn't the biggest numerical nerf, but certainly one of the most iconic.

Another example would be Subtlety rogues ever since BfA. They had a re-work in Legion that made them a pretty great DPS, and especially great at funnel damage. The Zul encounter in Uldir was perfect for their damage profile, causing Blizzard to completely neuter their funnel damage. Ever since, their ST DPS has been less than Assassination, and their AoE is less then Outlaw, so they have no place in PvE. Unfortunately, they've remained this way ever since, although 9.1 buffs may make them more viable.
    Last edited by Zarithras; 2021-04-27 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Well mage is probably the most buffed in every expansion.
    If mage can't top the meters they get tons of buffs for every spec every time. You can count on it.
    Mage was never bad in wow history.
    The pure DPS Specs always had one competetive spec. All of them. The rest can always fall back on one of the other roles. But pure DPS Specs. Hunter Rouge Mage Warlock never have NOT been competetive with at least one of their specs. Honestly good that way. Otherwise the whole class would be useless.

Bioggest nerf was probably the DK nerf from their wotlk "i can raid alone" power.... deserved btw^^

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The pure DPS Specs always had one competetive spec. All of them. The rest can always fall back on one of the other roles. But pure DPS Specs. Hunter Rouge Mage Warlock never have NOT been competetive with at least one of their specs. Honestly good that way. Otherwise the whole class would be useless.

Bioggest nerf was probably the DK nerf from their wotlk "i can raid alone" power.... deserved btw^^
    The biggest nerf would most likely be Havoc Demon Hunter. Playing the class in BFA and in SL is like playing two very different classes. DH have become a meme in the WoW community but they are the best designed class in the game aside from maybe Fury Warriors. They both have a very simple rotation but their abilities flow well into each other. I would say they are a "complete" class to a degree. You have little to no downtime which is what makes the class stand out and you rarely waste any of your procs, CDs, abilities. Combine that with insane mobility, decent survivability and fun game play, its no wonder they are and have been so attractive to play.

However, Blizzard messed up big time with the nerf forcing DH towards a terrible game style and meta involving fel rush. So you have to get away from melee range to do DPS as a melee class is just terrible. Its clunky, terrible and just badly designed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since, atleast, WOTLK, it have been standard pracsis to nerf Druids every single patch.

Once in a blue moon, Druids receive a 2% bonus, only to be nerfed 5-10% the next patch again.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibility View Post
    What do you all thing is the most nerfed and underpower class and specs in every expansion ?
    Assuming you just mean 'weakest' throughout wow history the answer is objectively Shaman.

Usually things that receive 'nerfs' are overperforming and are still ahead of others most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourneblade View Post
    Shaman

Spec: pre-wotlk retribution paladin one of the most glorious moment of the game when this spec was so op people stormed the forum with complains , they demanded to nerf this op spec it was magnificent and in 24 hours the retribution paladin receive the biggest nerfs in history by non other Ghostcrawler himself and his infamous quote '' to the ground baby to the ground''.
    I loved everything about this. Playing ret unironically up to that point, only to be validated for a brief window of time.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarithras View Post
    The classic example is shamans. They were nerfed at some point in classic WoW, and have remained one of the least viable PvP and PvE classes in the game since. There have been moments of reprieve, like resto in BC and SL, and elemental in various patches (like the BoD raid, in recent memory), but otherwise, all specs have been lackluster.

The biggest nerf may have been demonology warlocks going into HFC in BfA. They were specifically nerfed to make way for Demon Hunters. Ion literally said he'd rather the playerbase didn't play demonology. Perhaps that wasn't the biggest numerical nerf, but certainly one of the most iconic.

Another example would be Subtlety rogues ever since BfA. They had a re-work in Legion that made them a pretty great DPS, and especially great at funnel damage. The Zul encounter in Uldir was perfect for their damage profile, causing Blizzard to completely neuter their funnel damage. Ever since, their ST DPS has been less than Assassination, and their AoE is less then Outlaw, so they have no place in PvE. Unfortunately, they've remained this way ever since, although 9.1 buffs may make them more viable.
    I don't fully agree. Resto has for the most part always been very strong, even in classic. Enhance and Elemental were only not good in classic in terms of PvE, but Ele for PvP in classic is absolute killer and one of the best range speccs having great offence, defence and healing capabilities.

Enhance since BC thorugh WotLK, Cata, WoD, MoP was quite strong as well even with all the revamping done. I found it went a bit meh in Legion and BfA but SL brought it back to being a good specc again.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

my class and my spec obviously

trying to get into rated PvP is a nightmare

7+ Year Old Account
    14 years later, I still miss the power of the SL/SL lock in pvp. God dam that was a great spec. Not sure if it was "the most nerfed" but the power difference after the change was night and day.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisibility View Post
    Probably DK. They were hilariously OP when they were introduced, but over time they have become one of the (I hate the word) clunkiest classes to play. Blood is the yoyo tank (you are either at full health or at 20%, necrotic is an utter !@#$%, crap mobility), Unholy feels like a patchwork of mechanics haphazardly put together, and Frost has always been... just meh. Even when DK can pull good numbers, they still feel incredibly unfun to play, at least in PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably warrior or shaman.

I know I'm biased, but for warrior I'd say they've never been as good or as fun as they were in vanilla-wotlk. Cataclysm came with a lot of changes and started out fun, and then warriors got nerfed into oblivion and were made nearly unplayable along with resto druids. They were pretty good again in MoP and then never really regained their glory after that. They were effectively replaced as the best tanks in almost every expansion and patch afterwards (especially in CM/M+), warrior dps has been middling for the most part since WoD with a few high points usually based on specific trinkets/set bonuses, and generally towards the end of expansions warriors in pvp wind up getting countered pretty hard by caster comps. Warriors have definitely had a lot of high points and it's still my favorite class, but terrible design choices since have just made them not fun and nowhere near the best at anything for the better part of a decade. They're pretty good right now though from what I hear, but I haven't played SL in a while.

Shamans have also spent a ton of time being mediocre or bad compared to other classes over the years. Way too often shamans get told to wait until the next expansion to fix glaring mechanical issues with the class and that's just not right.

I'd also say rogues are a contender to a degree just because rogue changes ever since legion have been terrible. To be honest I think the last time I enjoyed playing my rogue was cataclysm, and I know there's been a lot of times where they were just flat out undesirable in pve.

R e t r i b u t i o n

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post

That's a lie about the pure specs even when they said that was their intent. All 3 warlock specs were low in ToC and ICC competing for last with their highest spec with one of the shaman specs. There have been other instances as they usually had the inverse where early expansion were bad and then were beyond amazing in late patches.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    That's a lie about the pure specs even when they said that was their intent. All 3 warlock specs were low in ToC and ICC competing for last with their highest spec with one of the shaman specs. There have been other instances as they usually had the inverse where early expansion were bad and then were beyond amazing in late patches.
    Heavens that was 15 years ago. Wotlk was rather fucked up with balance anyway all across the board. I don't think they even tried to balance anything until maybe cata. So take the "always" as you want. Also is said competetive not "100 % top of the meters"

And yes affliction is mostly a late expansion class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class? Shaman.
    Spec? Demo locks.