Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well you just did explain it.

So as always spurs fans have to look around for two brain cells to rub together.

At least they are consistent right? The fans make about as much sense as the board hiring and firing jose a week before a cup
    What the fuck? I mean I cant be the only person that finds this non-sensical right?

Dunning-Kroger effect in full swing I guess

sons dad is going to beat him up again booooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    What the fuck? I mean I cant be the only person that finds this non-sensical right?

Dunning-Kroger effect in full swing I guess

That's a grocery store bro

Dude your club literally tried to claim it was a top 6 european club because they have fans in korea rofl.
    Yes, that's why we are classed as one of the "big six." Spot on. You really know your football.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yes, that's why we are classed as one of the "big six." Spot on. You really know your football.
    well its certainly not the trophies

well its certainly not the trophies
    Have you ever watched a game of football or you just get your shit off FB/Twitter?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really crap quality banter, suggest you drop it and move on.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bobby C in shit banter shocker.

Season is almost climaxing, something I haven't come close to doing regarding football. Horrible season.

Positives - Liverpool putting in arguably the worst title defense of all time (Not table position I know), but going from flying to the league to hopefully not even getting CL ><

Negatives - Ole is getting another year or two at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Negatives - Ole is getting another year or two at least.
    What exactly is it about Ole you don't like? He's not the best manager out there, definitely when it comes to experience, but he seems to be doing an alright job. United are 2nd in the league after all and still in with a shot at winning the Europa League (which I've probably now gone and jinxed).

I probably come over as biased but I just prefer him to Mourinho, LvG and Moyes at least and I'm curious as to what makes you consider it a negative that he'd get more time.

As for the season in general, football definitely is not the same without the fans even from a couch TV watching perspective. I'll definitely be glad once this pandemic is over (for many reasons of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    What exactly is it about Ole you don't like? He's not the best manager out there, definitely when it comes to experience, but he seems to be doing an alright job. United are 2nd in the league after all and still in with a shot at winning the Europa League (which I've probably now gone and jinxed).
    Second place with a really low amount of points, most seasons this definitely wouldn't be a good enough haul for second place in a more normal season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Second place with a really low amount of points, most seasons this definitely wouldn't be a good enough haul for second place in a more normal season.
    Fair point. Hard to say if it would be different in a more normal season. Either way I just think he's not doing such a bad job but yeah I could well be seeing it through rose-tinted glasses as I prefer him to previous managers post 2013.

Fair point. Hard to say if it would be different in a more normal season. Either way I just think he's not doing such a bad job but yeah I could well be seeing it through rose-tinted glasses as I prefer him to previous managers post 2013.
    I mean Jose always gets hate. But his 81 points from 2018 is beyond what Ole will achieve this year, or achieved last year, and it would have tied you with Man C for second (only losing out on GD) last year too.

I think Ole gets a lot of leniency because he is very non-combative and nice. I mean he doesn't sugar coat when Utd haven't been good enough, but honestly for me I don't think Utd have been anywhere near good enough this year. When you have players as good as Pogba, Fernandes, Cavani, Rashford you should be really playing better than Utd are imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean Jose always gets hate. But his 81 points from 2018 is beyond what Ole will achieve this year, or achieved last year, and it would have tied you with Man C for second (only losing out on GD) last year too.

I think Ole gets a lot of leniency because he is very non-combative and nice. I mean he doesn't sugar coat when Utd haven't been good enough, but honestly for me I don't think Utd have been anywhere near good enough this year. When you have players as good as Pogba, Fernandes, Cavani, Rashford you should be really playing better than Utd are imo.
    Well I'm not going to lie, I do dislike Mourinho. He just comes over as arrogant to me but it might be me. However out of all the managers United have had post SAF, he does have the best track record.

It's hard to dislike Ole as a Man Utd fan but as a manager he hasn't really convinced me either. It doesn't feel like we're seriously gonna challenge for anything, I mean even teams below us like Chelsea or Liverpool feel more likely to bounce back and win a big title next season than we do. We're kinda what Arsenal were under Wenger in their early Emirates days. We're solid enough to be up there and sniff on the CL spots but it doesn't feel like anyone else is really looking at us like a serious threat.

back to back champions league qualifying which is now a feat for utd. 2nd in the league and if he wins europa that is good.

He needs a bit of silverware but hes clearly making progress and if he could be backed financially better who knows what he could do. Hes brought in youth like greenwood really well and the team can score goals so dunno what more you expect when man city are smashing it and actually get financially backed and have two full teams worth of good players.

back to back champions league qualifying which is now a feat for utd. 2nd in the league and if he wins europa that is good.

He needs a bit of silverware but hes clearly making progress and if he could be backed financially better who knows what he could do. Hes brought in youth like greenwood really well and the team can score goals so dunno what more you expect when man city are smashing it and actually get financially backed and have two full teams worth of good players.
    For me personally if we played entertaining football I would be more happy regardless if it meant less or more points. It's not as bad as under Mourinho but way too much side passing and we struggle to break teams down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    You should check out Paul Gascoigne, couldn't be much more of a "bloke" than him, cried when he got a yellow card.

You're so out of your depth in this thread I'm surprised you're still trying
    As an excuse, he was probably drunk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    For me personally if we played entertaining football I would be more happy regardless if it meant less or more points. It's not as bad as under Mourinho but way too much side passing and we struggle to break teams down.
    Having to break teams down the first place is a pretty major factor in what makes watching anyone less interesting. And I certainly wouldn't regard City as one of the more entertaining sides in the league, while also being very good at breaking teams down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    It's hard to dislike Ole as a Man Utd fan but as a manager he hasn't really convinced me either. It doesn't feel like we're seriously gonna challenge for anything, I mean even teams below us like Chelsea or Liverpool feel more likely to bounce back and win a big title next season than we do. We're kinda what Arsenal were under Wenger in their early Emirates days. We're solid enough to be up there and sniff on the CL spots but it doesn't feel like anyone else is really looking at us like a serious threat.
    I think I can somewhat understand this point of view of other teams looking more likely to bounce back. However I also think @RobertoCarlos has a point that if Ole was backed better financially he could probably improve the team to be more a title threat. I also agree with how he's brought in youth.

I think we need to remember that Liverpool also needed time under Klopp before they actually won the PL. Not necessarily comparing Ole to Klopp but merely saying given the right backing and time, United could be more of a threat. But then again, it could all go horribly wrong as well.

I think I can somewhat understand this point of view of other teams looking more likely to bounce back. However I also think @RobertoCarlos has a point that if Ole was backed better financially he could probably improve the team to be more a title threat. I also agree with how he's brought in youth.

I think we need to remember that Liverpool also needed time under Klopp before they actually won the PL. Not necessarily comparing Ole to Klopp but merely saying given the right backing and time, United could be more of a threat. But then again, it could all go horribly wrong as well.
    I find the situation hard to rate because other teams around us have been dreadful. Arsenal look worse than ever, same with Spurs who are just coming out of a Mourinho dark age. Chelsea had their manager switch and could very well win PL next season considering how good they looked under Tuchel (but not very good before him). Liverpool are having an off season.

We are doing fairly solid but I think there's also some truth to Bruno really carrying us since his arrival. For me there's a bit of a feeling that we are standing still looking at last season vs this one, but I think a year from now it will be even easier to determine if that's the case or if i'm just being negative.