Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nothing that beats what he did in various Avengers films.
    and what he did in the various avengers films? breakings robots and the flying whales? come on.

You're making this up in your own head. It has no basis in the films whatsoever. He's literally done shockwaves, created earthquakes, and stopped MUCH bigger foes than the Abomination with a single punch in the Avengers films. You're just straight-up ignoring the films to make up your own headcanon.
    if you cannot see those things that is not my problem, even their size is different with 2008 hulk standing 9ft tall with the later hulks barely scratching 8ft, "much bigger" does not mean they are worse or more resilient than abomination, you believe its just "me and my headcanon" but there is tons of articles, videos and other people saying the same thing that the power lv of mcu is weird and floating based on the plot and why the later hullks seems to weak

But again, if its just my headcanon you can ignore and have a better day

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Bolded part is one of my problems with so many MCU movies. So much is happening off-screen or what is shown on the screen contradicts what is said on screen but we should believe it because thats what happens off screen that it just breaks my suspension of disbelief.
    Why is this a Hulk-only problem?

Hawkeye devolves into Ronin entirely off-screen. And is back to being Hawkeye one scene after being confronted as Ronin, after Scar-Jo holds his hand or something.

Captain Marvel gets a haircut and is dealing with the Snap off world for 5 years. And then just falls like a comet out of the sky.

The events which lead to Hulk being in Thor: Ragnarok are entirely off-screen.

The breakup between Thor and Jane Foster is entirely off screen.

Wanda and Vision's relationship was entirely off screen.

Tony having a kid and a family life was entirely off screen, last we see Tony and Pepper together they're talking in a park about what they want their family life to be when Dr. Strange snatches him up in Infinity War.

Cap and Bucky's relationship, growing up, is entirely off-screen. Hell, their relationship during WW2 is entirely relegated to like, 1/3rd of the first Cap movie, and then they spend two movies moaning about how Cap loves Bucky and how Bucky couldn't possibly be responsible for all this horrible shit.

This is a Marvel thing, so to be surprised about it in Endgame is like....what.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think people would enjoy seeing his character in action in his younger days. Young Avengers certainly seems to be something they’re building towards though.
    I'd rather not see Carl Lumbly replaced with a younger actor just so we can see a Korean War Marvel film. I guess maybe they could give him a full on suit for most of the film so you never see his face or skin color which could tie to the racism then and you could have Carl do the non action stuff. That might be kinda cool and then we might get a known Korean War film besides Manchurian Candidate.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-04-27 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Are you just parroting that now? based on the fucking movie, the 2008 movie, we are basing on that, the hulk in 2008 was stronger than the other versions of hulk, period.
    I'm asking you what specific feats he performed in that movie that make your case. "Based on the fucking movie" is not specific. What exactly did he do in that movie that proves he's stronger than in all the Avengers movies? The only thing you've even mentioned is that Bruce fell from a helicopter and Hulk emerged unharmed. There's nothing about that that shows he could heal the arm damage caused by the snap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'd rather not see Carl Lumbly replaced with a younger actor just so we can see a Korean War Marvel film. I guess maybe they could give him a full on suit for most of the film so you never see his face or skin color which could tie to the racism then and you could have Carl do the non action stuff. That might be kinda cool and then we might get a known Korean War film besides Manchurian Candidate.
    Disney has some pretty good age reduction tech that they've already used pretty successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I'm asking you what specific feats he performed in that movie that make your case. "Based on the fucking movie" is not specific. What exactly did he do in that movie that proves he's stronger than in all the Avengers movies? The only thing you've even mentioned is that Bruce fell from a helicopter and Hulk emerged unharmed. There's nothing about that that shows he could heal the arm damage caused by the snap.

- - - Updated - - -

Disney has some pretty good age reduction tech that they've already used pretty successfully.

That's not action sequences though. And they would need to de age and bulk up Carl for a whole film. At that point he's basically the hulk. That's why I think the racism angle could work if he had to be fully covered in combat and they had Carl do the voice and helm off stuff and have a younger buffer guy play him in the action scenes. It would end up kinda being more like Abe Sapien from the first Hellboy where they had Doug Jones do the physical performance and had David Hyde Pierce do the voice which TBH I found much better character than when they had Doug Jones do both in the Sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    That's not action sequences though.
    Action sequences are often filmed by stunt actors and/or digitally created already. In addition, as you said, there's always the possibility of putting a mask on...which makes it even easier.

It's also worth noting that Carl Lumbly has a son who is also an actor. He could probably make for a good stand-in where one is required.

And they would need to de age and bulk up Carl for a whole film.
    Well, they de-aged Sam Jack for an entire movie. And his face is clearly visible in pretty much every scene. If they can do that...I don't see why they couldn't do the same for Carl Lumbly when they have the additional option of covering his face for at least some of the scenes.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-04-27 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Why is this a Hulk-only problem?
    For me it is not Hulk-only, but a general problem. Marvel is not the only one to make that mistake, but we are talking about their movies here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Just for the record, "peak human" doesn't mean "the best humans have achieved." It means the absolute pinnacle that they can theoretically achieve. That's not just not what the term means. No natural-born human will ever be as strong, fast, resilient, or resistant to fatigue as Steve Rogers is. And certainly not all of those things at once. He's a literal Ubermensch of genetic engineering.

Also, finally got to see the finale. I was really disappointed that they did, in fact, make Sharon the Power Broker. But as others have pointed out, it really doesn't make any sense on any level whatsoever. Not even in the ridiculous comic book "Machiavellian plan to get pardoned and gain access to SHIELD tech, mouhahaha!" sort of way.

That said, I do now understand why they did it. It's all because of Valentina. Sharon's clearly meant to be her opposite in future installments. One being a SHIELD agent posing as a Hydra agent that's in turn pretending to be a SHIELD agent for Hydra. The other is a former SHIELD agent that actually went and became a bad guy, but will be posing as a SHIELD agent in order to further her own goals as a bad guy. Confusing as it is, it gives two sides of the same coin.

At least I hope that's the reason, as it's the only thing that makes sense on a narrative level. It doesn't mean it makes Sharon's story arc at all sensible, but at least it explains why it's there at least.
    Last edited by Something Wicked; 2021-04-27 at 09:51 PM.

Nope, because up til now, there's been no signs that the Skrulls are bad guys in the MCU. Quite the opposite, in every single incarnation we've seen of them.

And even if she was a Skrull, that still wouldn't have made anything that went down in Falcon and the Winter Soldier sensible. Her aiding in the death of the chemist, alone, utterly destroys the story. Even if she just thought they'd arrest him, there's no reason at all for her to have lead them straight to him.

Anthony Mackie:
    8 Mile
    Holy shit I just realised he's Clarence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    Just for the record, "peak human" doesn't mean "the best humans have achieved." It means the absolute pinnacle that they can theoretically achieve. No natural human is as strong, fast, resilient, or resistant to fatigue as Steve Rogers is. And certainly not all of those things at once. That's not just not what the term means.

Also, finally got to see the finale. I was really disappointed that they did, in fact, make Sharon the Power Broker. But as others have pointed out, it really doesn't make any sense on any level whatsoever. Not even in the ridiculous comic book "Machiavellian plan to get pardoned and gain access to SHIELD tech, mouhahaha!" sort of way.

That said, I do now understand why they did it. It's all because of Valentina. Sharon's clearly meant to be her opposite in future installments. One being a SHIELD agent posing as a Hydra agent that's in turn pretending to be a SHIELD agent for Hydra. The other is a former SHIELD agent that actually went and became a bad guy, but will be posing as a SHIELD agent in order to further her own goals as a bad guy.

At least I hope that's the reason, as it's the only thing that makes sense on a narrative level. It doesn't mean it makes Sharon's story arc at all sensible, but at least it explains why it's there at least.
    Eh, I think Sharon's arc is overly-maligned.

Her snaking her way into becoming the Power Broker makes sense; she was a criminal and a traitor on the run. She had the skills and the capabilities and, likely, the connections necessary to bring that about. If her homeland has abandoned her (and it had), she needed to make a new home somewhere else, and Majipoor makes as much sense as any. If anything, it demonstrates how unwilling Sharon was to just sit back and drown her sorrows in liquor; she made herself keep moving forward, keep gaining new ground.

Where I think it fell apart a bit is that they didn't explain what he wants to do with the mantle of the Power Broker, and all the, well, power that entails. It can't be "I want a pardon" like she said; she clearly had no issue whatsoever getting into the USA and walking around without anyone knowing she was there. The pardon's a useful tidbit that, as she admits at the end, she can use to garner more resources and intel. That's it. But what does she want those resources and intel for?

I don't believe she'd just be trying to garner wealth and power for its own sake. She never demonstrated that kind of desire before. But this kind of position gets her tied back into geopolitics, and I think that's where she's aiming. She couldn't work through SHIELD, but she COULD get resources and access through black-market channels, and the Power Broker had the most of all.

I also don't for one second believe she's been undercover this whole time. She wouldn't have needed a pardon, if she were, or the pardon would have been something she knew she'd be getting when the mission was over; if it's over, no ceremony, if it's NOT over, no pardon. The existence of that little ceremony where she's pardoned, IMO, makes it clear she is NOT working for or with any US agencies, whether SHIELD or CIA or SWORD or what have you. She's independent.

"Independent" doesn't mean "villain", though. Nor does "criminal". Let's remember the Guardians of the Galaxy are all criminals. Hawkeye definitely did a lot of murders, and he's still a hero. Etc. I prefer to think she's inserted herself as the Power Broker to take control of Majipoor's underworld and twist it around to doing some good, and mitigating how much harm it deals to innocents. While making a tidy profit on the side.

I think we can write off a bunch of motivations, like the idea she's undercover, but the rest is just vague. Too vague, arguably. But there are plenty of options in there that make sense for her character. Particularly as SHIELD and related groups have, time and again, shown themselves to be corruptible from within. We just got a reminder of that in Wandavision. Sharon saying "fuck it, I'll do it myself" isn't a strong deviation from her prior arc.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-04-27 at 09:50 PM.

Except your theory falls apart because she literally hooked a supervillian with information and resources to assassinate a hero (and a friend of hers). She also literally built a team of super terrorists, of which she immediately lost control over. She also straight-up had one of her own assassinated (Selby), and is plotting to steal from the government to fund even more criminals, terrorists, and supervillians.

The Guardians of the Galaxy that isn't.

You mean aside from the Secret Invasion announcement right?
    Until it mentions the Skrulls, yes. The Skrulls in the MCU are not the Skrulls from the comics. And also because, again, there has not been a single incidence of an "evil" Skrull in the MCU yet.

And also, which I'm sure you'll ignore again, it still wouldn't explain the sheer nonsensical stupidity of Sharon's story arc in this series. Even if she's a Skrull of the same caliber as the moronic one from WandaVision that was posing as Fury.

You mean aside from the Secret Invasion announcement right?
    In fairness, they are using the title of a comic event...but, like it was in Captain America: Civil War, it may not actually be that closely related to the Comic book event.

- - - Updated - - -

And also, which I'm sure you'll ignore again, it still wouldn't explain the sheer nonsensical stupidity of Sharon's story arc in this series. Even if she's a Skrull of the same caliber as the moronic one from WandaVision that was posing as Fury.
    There was no Skrull posing as Fury in Wandavision. That was in Far From Home.

There was a Skrull posing as a SWORD agent in WV.

Except your theory falls apart because she literally hooked a supervillian with information and resources to assassinate a hero (and a friend of hers). She also literally built a team of super terrorists, of which she immediately lost control over. She also straight-up had one of her own assassinated (Selby), and is plotting to steal from the government to fund even more criminals, terrorists, and supervillians.

The Guardians of the Galaxy that isn't.
    It’s a small plot point that can be dealt with later. The heelturn is surprising but things shouldn’t always work out as expected. I can wait for the next show and/or movie for explanations.

Velantina’s character isn’t really like the comics. She doesn’t appear to be a member of SHIELD so her motivations are pretty murky.

yeah, I refuse to suggest Sharon's storyline is anything but bad. If she's trying to reproduce and sell super soldier serum, the last thing she would EVER do is send Zemo to the only guy (who works for her already) who knows how to make it. Pardon on the line, or not.

Like, it's literally mind-bogglingly stupid, and I don't know how to explain it away in a way where she's actually the Power Broker and not serving some other interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Holy shit I just realised he's Clarence.
    And he lives at home with both parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except your theory falls apart because she literally hooked a supervillian with information and resources to assassinate a hero (and a friend of hers).
    The only superpowered individuals you could be talking about are Karli and the Flagsmashers, including Batroc. Who didn't get superpowers until after they betrayed and stole from Sharon. Where was she feeding them intel and resources, other than what they stole from her?

She also literally built a team of super terrorists, of which she immediately lost control over.
    They weren't terrorists until AFTER they betrayed Sharon and stole from her.

She also straight-up had one of her own assassinated (Selby), and is plotting to steal from the government to fund even more criminals, terrorists, and supervillians.
    Is Hawkeye a hero, or a villain?

Because he's been assassinating all kinds of people during the time between the Snap and the return.

I'm not suggesting Sharon's heroic. I'm suggesting she may have justified her actions to herself.

And really, betraying the government that she's already canonically betrayed once is . . . totally in character, really.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, I refuse to suggest Sharon's storyline is anything but bad. If she's trying to reproduce and sell super soldier serum, the last thing she would EVER do is send Zemo to the only guy (who works for her already) who knows how to make it. Pardon on the line, or not.

Like, it's literally mind-bogglingly stupid, and I don't know how to explain it away in a way where she's actually the Power Broker and not serving some other interest.
    The only way that part makes sense to me is if Sharon, as the Power Broker, was monitoring the guy and, as he's already produced 20 vials of serum (something like that, anyway), she knows the process works, and she's got the process, so she doesn't need him any more. Knowing Zemo, he'll wrap up that loose end for her. And even if he hadn't, she'd set up a guy with an RPG to make sure the scientist didn't survive. Who knows, maybe that scientist was part of how Karli got her hands on serum in the first place, and Sharon's repaying that betrayal.

There's plenty of possible explanations. What's frustrating (and I'll definitely acknowledge it is) is that we're not actually offered any explanations at all. The only ones Sharon offers are obviously lies.

The only superpowered individuals you could be talking about are Karli and the Flagsmashers, including Batroc. Who didn't get superpowers until after they betrayed and stole from Sharon. Where was she feeding them intel and resources, other than what they stole from her?
    Try reading what was written, not what you want to twist the words into meaning. I said supervillian, not superpowered person. She specifically faciliated Batroc's attempt to murder Falcon. Downright promised it to him.

They weren't terrorists until AFTER they betrayed Sharon and stole from her.
    Congratulations on figuring that out. Completely irrelevant to what I was talking about, but congratulations nevertheless.

Is Hawkeye a hero, or a villain?
    Anti-hero at worst.

Because he's been assassinating all kinds of people during the time between the Snap and the return.
    None of them good guys.

I'm not suggesting Sharon's heroic. I'm suggesting she may have justified her actions to herself.
    Yes, we heard about her justification. She was "wronged."

The only way that part makes sense to me is if Sharon, as the Power Broker, was monitoring the guy and, as he's already produced 20 vials of serum (something like that, anyway), she knows the process works, and she's got the process, so she doesn't need him any more.
    I'm glad that works for you. Unfortunately for you, that's not what we were shown, told, or even hinted at. Her very last scene even said so directly, which is why she was so excited about getting the opportunity to rob SHIELD blind.

There's plenty of possible explanations. What's frustrating (and I'll definitely acknowledge it is) is that we're not actually offered any explanations at all. The only ones Sharon offers are obviously lies.
    Only when she's telling them to the heroes. Not when she's basically talking to herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of them good guys.
    Not one person we see Sharon kill is even a neutral party, let alone a "good guy". They're all terrible people, and all posing a direct threat to someone at the time.

I'm glad that works for you. Unfortunately for you, that's not what we were shown, told, or even hinted at. Her very last scene even said so directly, which is why she was so excited about getting the opportunity to rob SHIELD blind.
    SHIELD, the agency that was mostly HYDRA, that worked for the government who's been increasingly authoritarian wackadoodles and whom Sharon already canonically betrayed once already.

Why is her plotting to rob SHIELD an automatically "evil" act?

SHIELD, the agency that was mostly HYDRA, that worked for the government who's been increasingly authoritarian wackadoodles and whom Sharon already canonically betrayed once already.

Why is her plotting to rob SHIELD an automatically "evil" act?
    Well, I have a theory that Sharon stealing SHIELD secrets is going to be a pretty big part of the "Armor Wars" series that Rhodey is going to be in.

I also expect we might see a return of Justin Hammer there.