Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...e-summer-2021/

It's nice that they are going to have living seasons. Hope the achievements are achievable for me. There's some they do that are way beyond my skill level like kill in 2 minutes and it takes me 5 or something.
    I might get on that train just to finally get a legendary, lol. All these years and still not so much as a precursor, though admittedly I've never like...tried for them. Seems too time consuming and too much of a hassle, and I'm ashamed to say I've barely engaged with the whole crafting system -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I might get on that train just to finally get a legendary, lol. All these years and still not so much as a precursor, though admittedly I've never like...tried for them. Seems too time consuming and too much of a hassle, and I'm ashamed to say I've barely engaged with the whole crafting system -_-
    I've never bothered with legendaries either. Ascended weapons are much easier to get and have the same stats. I think I'll have to try and get one that multiple chars use.

I've never bothered with legendaries either. Ascended weapons are much easier to get and have the same stats. I think I'll have to try and get one that multiple chars use.
    I like the concept (total stat flexibility), and the fact you can swap them between characters. If they were a bit less of a chore I'd probably have picked up at least a few by now. But as you say ascended weapons (or just basic exotics) are usually more than good enough to get the job done.

The first boss has to be a SMB2 reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...e-summer-2021/

It's nice that they are going to have living seasons. Hope the achievements are achievable for me. There's some they do that are way beyond my skill level like kill in 2 minutes and it takes me 5 or something.
    This summer is going to be great for the game but I bet Anet doesn't actually market it. They really suck or don't care about marketing their game. The living world thing would be a great chance to bring in new and old players who are worried about not having access to all the content.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This summer is going to be great for the game but I bet Anet doesn't actually market it. They really suck or don't care about marketing their game. The living world thing would be a great chance to bring in new and old players who are worried about not having access to all the content.
    This comes from well before the game even launched but...it's not just their internal marketing team, the development side was pretty involved and they combined to kill plenty of opportunities, and basically cut a bunch of others off at the knees.

I've generally had little respect for their marketing/community team overall, seeing what they've done over the years has never remotely impressed me and usually ends up frustrating me because it's done so poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The most amazing thing about this mostly-an-announcement-of-an-announcement is that ANet has set the bar so low that people are actually hype over it.
    They've made similar similar posts every quarter for a while. Who gets mad about it road map?

I've made 2-3 of the originals, but sold them. With the little pouches that give you dungeon tokens and stuff, I really just need the Wv token from the one track, so that takes a couple days.

But, it's not worth the couple k that they sell for, so I haven't kept one.

The newer generation ones all require running fractals and stuff, which I don't do, so haven't bothered. I did do the one precursed ascended weapon, but that was it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

That said, overall it could be good for the health of the game if ANet marketing doesn't grab the ball and promptly fumble it.
    Remember the huge event and hyped folks up to think an expansion was in the works and...it was another LS season and some shirts?

Anet are the kings of setting their announcements up for disappointment.

I actually think this bodes extremely well for the future of Guild Wars 2.

So the roadmap isnt mind blowing or anything but giving away most of the previous updates for free is great for new/returning players, the legendary armory is great, the events will good for community engagement, and the expansion reveal will probably be pretty awesome as well.

The champions updates weren't great at all but I do like that they produced new content while also working on an expansion, shows they have the manpower and recourses still to adequetly manage a live mmorpg game.

As for the 2nd half of the year Guild Wars 2 will not only be getting a third (and potentially its most hyped if Anet is smart) expansion pack, the game will be coming to Steam either before or after that, which has done wonders for some mmorpg and nothing for others, but it is still a net positive overall and will greatly increase the population.

I think gw2 is still one of the big boys on the mmo sphere but looking at mmos like nations, WoW being the super power and ESO and FFXIV being great powers, gw2 was there not too long ago and I do feel like it has somewhat left the great power table, and I think Steam with End of Dragons could be exactly what is needed to propel them back to that standard.

I can hope at least.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Finally got around to doing this last champions mission. It was a pretty quick ending but cool. Also if you do all the chapters of the icebrood saga you get this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sag..._Draconic_Core
    Was a nice surprise to get in the mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people really really hyped up the dragons in their head then got mad when the story went another direction...I don't know why people do that to themselves. The fight is pretty fun. It's basically on the same caliber as the fights where we kill dragons minus its own open-world map meta but much better fx. Can't help to see the last scene as the two dragons kissing each other but it looks cool nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, saying "People hyped up the dragons in their head" is like saying "people hyped up Arthas in their minds" in Warcraft 3. They've been main figures in the story and the lore since before GW2 - Primordus especially, who lore fans were really looking forward to since the events of GW1.
    Am I the only one who remembers season 3? We're Jormag was entirely dealt with off screen and we fought Primos forces? I am more ticked off that they brought the two dragons back than the ending of IBS. And Anet has never made Primo out to be anything but a big dumb beast. Hell, that's part of the reason why Jormag wanted to be severed from it.

I'm not seeing where Primordus is any more special than any of the other dragons. Nothing besides him being ones favorite. I like Primo, I don't think he deserved anymore than what he got. Shouldn't have people been pissed off when he was originally defeated in season 3, anyway. We knew that the season was going to be cut short and watered down a year ago. We knew the focus was Jormag. Hell we knew the dragons would die in the end.

I get not being the biggest fan of the ending. It's lackluster for sure. The reactions I'm seeing on r/Guildwars2 are insane though. That subreddit has become a running joke in-game because people all reactionary no chill over there.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...s-may-11-2021/

Balance path notes for next month. I don't know much about the specific changes but..

Retal turning into Resolution seems pretty neat, was never a big fan of the Retal mechanic. Not super useful all the time, but condition damage reduction will be nice.

The mantra change is SO BLOODY NICE. I don't know why it took like 3 years (longer for mes?) to realize that it was pretty awful design. I'd constantly forget to recast if I zoned and pretty much never used the final charges due to the cooldown/recast needs.

Symbol of Punishment cooldown sucks, feels like it's dropping the low damage of the scepter even more. Will have to look more at traits, but if they can make more lines viable that's great.

https://i.redd.it/urhziagk58w61.jpg

And definitely not sure how I feel about the change to Exposed. Like...I like it since I mostly play FB so making them take double condition damage is pretty perfect. But like, feel like it's a huge nerf to the burst damage you can put out during the debuff. Gonna need to basically prestack condi's to make sure you're taking advantage.

Seeing a lot of the reactions to the latest chapter and tempering my expectations, as they were a bit higher after the last few episodes (not great content, but good story-wise at least). Will report back after, but I really hope we can be fuckin done with dragons sooner rather than later. Balthazar was alright and all, but gimme more Joko. All the bloody Joko. Please.

Seeing a lot of the reactions to the latest chapter and tempering my expectations
    Let's put it that way: it was the only thing they could do to finish the story of IBS in half an hour. Rushed, unsatisfying and so on. But thankfully that also means no more DRMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Let's put it that way: it was the only thing they could do to finish the story of IBS in half an hour. Rushed, unsatisfying and so on. But thankfully that also means no more DRMs.
    The is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to. I get that creating new zones for each update is pretty unreasonable, especially if they're working on an expansion simultaneously, but like, DRM's have been absolutely awful. Especially if you're late to them and miss the mass of people actually doing them.

The is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to. I get that creating new zones for each update is pretty unreasonable, especially if they're working on an expansion simultaneously, but like, DRM's have been absolutely awful. Especially if you're late to them and miss the mass of people actually doing them.
    They could've made one zone for the whole champion saga adding a new mini boss to a meta event leading to the climax meta event of Primordius vs Jormag. Would've been much better than recycling old maps into instanced events and would've taken only a bigger initial effort of making the map..

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    They could've made one zone for the whole champion saga adding a new mini boss to a meta event leading to the climax meta event of Primordius vs Jormag. Would've been much better than recycling old maps into instanced events and would've taken only a bigger initial effort of making the map..
    DRMs at least conveyed that dragons attacked all over Tyria and covered many secondary topics (Rox and Olmakhans, Tengu opening up, Dwarves returning to surface etc.). Limiting narrative to one map would have been even more anticlimatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...19518720217089

Eyyy. Thought it was assumed, but Anet clarifying the legendary armory will be free for all and not monetized.

Finally got around to doing this last champions mission. It was a pretty quick ending but cool. Also if you do all the chapters of the icebrood saga you get this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sag..._Draconic_Core
    Was a nice surprise to get in the mail.
    To clarify...this is just for completing all the chapters, not necessarily all the meta-achievements for each chapter?

And the notes has me confused...so you need to get the respective boons inside the DRM missions...and then it lets you use them outside of it? Do you have to like, get it again if you log out? Is it a toggle you can freely turn on/off?

And please say you don't need masteries to get those...I haven't kept up with that unholy and deeply unfun grind throughout these chapters. Really feel like the mastery system has turned into a really pointless grind post-PoF. PoF felt great (maybe a bit too easy), with materies being functional and purposeful. The S4 ones were alright, a bit grindier but alright, but the S5 ones just feel...bloody pointless. Like they're finding ways to add in more grindy "vertical" progression in lieu of increasing the level cap.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...19518720217089

Eyyy. Thought it was assumed, but Anet clarifying the legendary armory will be free for all and not monetized.

To clarify...this is just for completing all the chapters, not necessarily all the meta-achievements for each chapter?

And the notes has me confused...so you need to get the respective boons inside the DRM missions...and then it lets you use them outside of it? Do you have to like, get it again if you log out? Is it a toggle you can freely turn on/off?

And please say you don't need masteries to get those...I haven't kept up with that unholy and deeply unfun grind throughout these chapters. Really feel like the mastery system has turned into a really pointless grind post-PoF. PoF felt great (maybe a bit too easy), with materies being functional and purposeful. The S4 ones were alright, a bit grindier but alright, but the S5 ones just feel...bloody pointless. Like they're finding ways to add in more grindy "vertical" progression in lieu of increasing the level cap.
    Pretty sure you don't need all the achievements when logged in I forgot to check but I'm 99% sure I don't have them all. I haven't really used it yet since I'm not sure what stats I want on it but I did just equip it when doing my daily login. I had the frost buff and the visuals for it showed up while the flame didn't. The buffs have timers on them but I'm not sure if any of the masteries besides the last one extends the duration. I have all but the last one and they last for an hr. I think the last level is supposed to double it. I think I usually end up with around 40 minutes left on what ever response I ran first so it's probably not worth farming for the visuals unless you max the mastery.

It is however probably the easiest ascended item to get and is totally free so might be worth running any stories you missed for it.