10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Where's your fuck New York?
    Right here buddy:

Did Biden withhold vaccines from Texas, after ya’ll tried to drive his campaign bus off the road? No? Why? Why is that? What’s different?

By the way... NY made Trump... including his father...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-27 at 09:16 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Where's your fuck New York? This thread is a catch all of whining about not Trump stuff, at least be consistent. Why can't you guys whine more in the pandemic thread where Cuomo does not get enough recognition.....oh wait, he's a democrat so you can't really whine about him. Keep up the hypocrisy.

Where's all the talk about states turning against the mentally ill men wanting to compete in female sports? Should that be here with all the non related Trump stuff?
    Wait, Trump supporters want to compete in female sports?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We'll see. There is not yet a significant effort to eject his fat ass, therefore, he can always come back, like all those shitty Friday the XIII sequels.
    And like Friday the 13th where Jason came back bigger and stronger each time, Trump will come back fatter and more lazy. Wouldn't surprise me in a few years we see him roll around in a rascal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    And like Friday the 13th where Jason came back bigger and stronger each time, Trump will come back fatter and more lazy.
    If we must continue this metaphor, eventually he'll be shoved out into space. Can we skip to that one? The writing was abysmal but the special effects were also abysmal.

10+ Year Old Account
    New York Post reporter resigns over "incorrect" Harris book story

"Wrong thread."

I disagree. Let me explain.

A New York Post reporter announced her resignation on Tuesday over what she called "an incorrect story I was ordered to write" that claimed migrant children were given copies of Vice President Kamala Harris' children's book.

The Post ran the story on its front page Friday, garnering a lot of attention in conservative media. It temporarily deleted, re-edited and republished the piece with an editor's note Tuesday after a Washington Post fact-check debunked the original article.

The story headlined, "Kam On In: Solo kids at border welcomed with copy of veep's book," claimed that migrant children at a shelter in Long Beach, California, were receiving copies of Harris' book as part of their "welcome kits."

The editor's note stated that "only one known copy of the book was given to a child." CNN notes that the donation was actually to the shelter's collection.

Journalist Laura Italiano said in her resignation announcement posted to Twitter that the article was "an incorrect story I was ordered to write and which I failed to push back hard enough against — was my breaking point."
    So this was a purely fictional hit piece. This is Fake News -- admittedly so. Trump claimed this when people published true things about him, accurately citing his words and actions. And yet, here's the real thing, tucked away in a back headline late on a random Tuesday night. Either the reporter pushed a piece they knew was false, got caught, lied and blamed their editor...or, the journalist pushed a piece they knew was false, because their editor made them and they didn't disagree strongly enough to resign beforehand. Oh, and they published the lie twice, once after taking a fact-check, meaning that this was 100% intentional.

"Fake News" is 100% Trump's creation. The fact that it's now being literally used, weaponized against Democrats, is proof enough of this. The Party of Trump continues to side against facts and evidence, using instead conspiracy theories, lies, and scare tactics because they have nothing else.

If you are forced to grab whatever random headline you see, without context or background, to try to make a point, it's because you don't have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's a stupid story.

Migrant children being given a copy of the VP's book is hardly the scandal of the century.

Meanwhile lemme tell you about the last guy and how he wanted to electrocute gays in Indiana . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And it's a stupid story.

Migrant children being given a copy of the VP's book is hardly the scandal of the century.

Meanwhile lemme tell you about the last guy and how he wanted to electrocute gays in Indiana . . .
    Remember how the RNC reportedly spend $300K on autographed books from Donnie Jr. for stocking stuffers for donors?

Where the fuck do you think they got the notion for this from? They're pulling from their playbook of shit they did and accusing Democrats of it. It's a pathetically transparent tactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember how the RNC reportedly spend $300K on autographed books from Donnie Jr. for stocking stuffers for donors?

Where the fuck do you think they got the notion for this from? They're pulling from their playbook of shit they did and accusing Democrats of it. It's a pathetically transparent tactic.
    Yuuup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

If they're doing these things then clearly the Democrats and the left are doing them too! Also, they aren't doing these things, only the Democrats and the left!
    Putin khuliyo

If we must continue this metaphor, eventually he'll be shoved out into space. Can we skip to that one? The writing was abysmal but the special effects were also abysmal.
    Stop right there. Mecha Jason in space was one of the best in the series. I had so much fun watching that one. No sarcasm. Great B action comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Well, he did establish the Space Force. Maybe that was his plan after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Crazy Palin is the best example you will find.
    Palin was the one that used her own super pac to buy her own books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Great B action comedy.
    Well, I guess if you Ed Wood it, maybe.

Oh, Trump supporters are continuing to make the news for their dangerous public lies. This time, it was Joe Rogan who

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, he did establish the Space Force. Maybe that was his plan after all.
    Okay, that was funny. Anyhow, Joe Rogan said

Are you healthy? Are you a healthy person? Like, look, don't do anything stupid, but you should take care of yourself. You should – if you're a healthy person, and you're exercising all the time, and you're young, and you’re eating well, like, I don't think you need to worry about this.
    And Dr. Fauci called him out in public.

You're talking about yourself in a vacuum. You're worried about yourself and the likelihood and that you're not going to get any symptoms. But you can get infected, and will get infected, if you put yourself at risk.

So if you want to only worry about yourself and not society, then that's okay. But if you're saying to yourself, even if I get infected i could do damage to someone else even if i don't have any symptoms at all, that's the reason you have to be careful.
    Unfortunately, Dr. Fauci forgot the biggest problem that's in a vaccuum: Jason in space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess if you Ed Wood it, maybe.

Oh, Trump supporters are continuing to make the news for their dangerous public lies. This time, it was Joe Rogan who

Okay, that was funny. Anyhow, Joe Rogan said

And Dr. Fauci called him out in public.

Unfortunately, Dr. Fauci forgot the biggest problem that's in a vaccuum: Jason in space.
    As someone else said in a tweet that I can't be arsed to source; Joe Rogan is Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop, for men.

Literally no one who follows Rogan's show has anything to say worth anyone hearing. Well, maybe if you're only following it to gawk at the insanity the same way you would a multi-truck pileup that's on fire.

Tuesday's report:

52,046 new cases nearly 9k fewer than last Tuesday. Still heading in the right direction.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Michigan: 4,584 new cases; 117 deaths
    Texas: 4,064 new cases; 60 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 3,661 new cases; 77 deaths
    New York: 2,953 new cases; 116 deaths

Another top spot for Florida, but I'm sure DeathSantis will assure you they're doing just fine. Fuck Florida. Michigan isn't doing as badly as the past couple weeks but they had quite a peak to climb down from so it's not surprising they're still up there. Texas...well, I guess even when your testing is shit you're bound to be in the top 10 at least when you ignore all of the recommendations. New York continues falling further down the list as they get their mini-outbreak--which barely registered on the 7-day averages graph--back under control. Florida and Michigan both still have high positive test rates so it's doubtful the worst is over for them. For those wondering, California has one of the lowest positivity rates in the country right now at about 1.5%. New York is also under the 5% threshold.

885 deaths is about the same as last Tuesday and brings the total to 587,384. While we can expect there to still be a plateau right now nationally, it's propped up today a bit by corrections from Michigan and New York (underreported in the weekend). California, meanwhile, listed 23 deaths. This might also be an underreport, but I don't expect to see them up in the 100's too many more times unless they have a new outbreak. Their numbers have been low for several weeks now.

Related news:

Fewer Americans cite COVID-19 as worst problem in US: Gallup--While on the surface this seems like a good thing, I'm worried that complacency and "pandemic fatigue" will cause more outbreaks before everyone is fully vaccinated. Stay vigilant, please.

Pfizer CEO: Oral drug to stop coronavirus could be ready next year--This could be a real boon to stopping further outbreaks. COVID-19 is here to stay (one of the few instances that it is like the flu), so getting annual shots to hundreds of millions of people could be a real costly and headache-inducing endeavor. Getting some sort of pill people could take at home ready would take a lot of the pressure off.

Stay safe, folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As someone else said in a tweet that I can't be arsed to source; Joe Rogan is Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop, for men.

Literally no one who follows Rogan's show has anything to say worth anyone hearing. Well, maybe if you're only following it to gawk at the insanity the same way you would a multi-truck pileup that's on fire.
    I haven't listened to a second of his podcast ever after hearing what a ridiculous dipshit he's become. He was good on NewsRadio. I'll keep the Rogan of the past in my memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with the Twitter ban still in effect and Biden racking up the wins, seems pretty quiet. I wonder what's actually going on inside Trump's safe-space bunker.

More than a dozen Trump aides, confidants and allies who spoke with CNN -- many of whom were granted anonymity to candidly discuss his post-presidency -- say the former President, who remains bitter about his defeat in the 2020 election, has nevertheless come to enjoy his status as a GOP kingmaker, relishing his ability to disrupt races or elevate pro-Trump figures against dissenters inside the party. Others noted that he is yearning to return to the White House and claimed that his efforts to build a post-presidential political machine are principally aimed at supporting that goal.
    Oh. Yearning for the glory days and backstabbing his former allies. That's pathetic. Well, I guess what counts for his heart's in it. I mean, here I was expecting him to do nothing but play golf ev--

Most days of the week, Trump begins with 9 a.m. tee times at his namesake golf course 15 minutes from his home. He usually plays 18 holes, but he sometimes stays for the course's full 27, followed by a leisurely lunch at its clubhouse with a rotating cast of friends. These days, friends say, he avoids the buffet.
    Huh. Never thought I'd see evidence of Trump turning down a meal.

Trump then conducts candidate interviews or meetings with his staff back at his oceanfront resort until 7:30 p.m. before joining his wife, Melania, for dinner on Mar-a-Lago's bustling terrace. In recent weeks, the couple has dined with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and his wife, Callista, who served as US ambassador to the Holy See during the Trump administration, and former White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, who remains a close friend.
    I'm sure he meets all kinds of people, but I do love how CNN only mentioned the serial adulterer -- sorry, need to be more specific. Only mentioned Gingrich, the serial adulterer, and Conway, a woman so loathesome it cost her husband and her daughter. (checks recent pictures) And her hydration level, god damn, this job requires a Fortitude saving throw.

The article then goes on to show that the silence from Trump was, well, because of all the bridges he burned trying to steal an election, because he never even considered the option of losing.

A person close to Trump who fielded multiple disgruntled calls from the former President in his first few weeks out of office said it took him several weeks to overcome the isolation he felt after hundreds of his supporters stormed the US Capitol on January 6 and he was thrust into a political exile. After he arrived at Mar-a-Lago following a low-key sendoff at Joint Base Andrews the morning of Biden's inauguration, this person said Trump would talk about forming a third party and complain that Republicans, like House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California, couldn't wait to get rid of him -- noting that his focus was on the past, not the future, which contributed to the early chaos in his post-presidential operation.
    "Okay that's funny and all, but why CNN? I thought everyone here agreed they were biased."

Honestly, this is a victory lap. CNN might be biased, but FOX News got caught red-meat-handed lying about Biden's policies. At this point, anyone saying "you can't post CNN because they're biased" needs to also add "but at least they're nowhere near as bas as FOX News"...unless of course they've already done so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

It’s worth noting that Rogan’s expertise is... a college drop out comedian.

Now there’s nothing wrong with not finishing college. There’s nothing wrong with being a comedian. But when you claim some sort of expertise in political and medical fields with those two things being your only effective sobriquets? Yeah, color me skeptical.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It’s worth noting that Rogan’s expertise is... a college drop out comedian.

Now there’s nothing wrong with not finishing college. There’s nothing wrong with being a comedian. But when you claim some sort of expertise in political and medical fields with those two things being your only effective sobriquets? Yeah, color me skeptical.
    What I was driving at, though, is that Rogan's so out to lunch, so willing to have literally anyone on his show and support literally any message without any critical awareness whatsoever, that his show's become a beacon that attracts the craziest conspiracy nuts out there. And they treat the guy like he's a prophet. It's not just that Rogan's kind of dim and doesn't think anything through; I honestly think he's not as crazy as the audience he's speaking to, he's just kind of passively ignorant and doesn't know enough to challenge obvious horseshit.

But his audience? They follow him because he platforms the craziest and meanest out there, and treats them respectfully, as if they have something worth saying. He's the kind of guy who'd bring Goebbels on his show, and then try and get some Jewish leader to come on there too, so the two could "debate" the necessity of the camps. And he's dumb enough to think that's "being fair". And if we're honest, half the time he just forgets to invite the counterpoint speaker, and it's just Goebbels sitting there, spewing his propaganda without opposition, while Rogan nods slack-jawedly at Goebbels' "wisdom".

He's an idiot. His audience is dangerous.

I only watch Rogan when hes got absolute insane people like Alex Jones on personally. Rogan is not an interviewer, hes not a political pundit or anything. Hes an host at best. He doesent challenge who ever is on, hell when he does its super rare and amount to next to nothing. He usually nods and accept the most absurd stories. Problem is some people are fucking dumb and think this is some show where they can learn things lol. Its kind of like taking Jerry Springer has a educational show, which im willing to bet some people did. Now i think another problem is that hes the biggest podcast and people in public made these stupid ass rules in the media, that instead of taking someone like Rogan invitation to actually go there, they write him off as insane and let the Alex Jones of this world be on the biggest podcast all the time, while swearing off his podcast as insane while its the most watched in the freaking world.

Its prefer the approach some of the bigger streamers had on Tim Pool, when he said he would invite anyone. Destiny and Vaush went on his podcast in person, made him look like someone with very poor critical thinking skills. If you are a rich pundit or personality, you think Rogan Show is insane, you should be lining up to fucking be featured and blow that shit up live. Not whine about it from your news section or news website or worse twitter.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Feds Raid Rudy Giuliani’s NYC Apartment in Ukraine Probe (ignore the source - it's being covered widely already)
    Whoopsi-daisies. Looks like Rudi might need some more campaign dollars for his legal fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I haven't listened to a second of his podcast ever after hearing what a ridiculous dipshit he's become. He was good on NewsRadio. I'll keep the Rogan of the past in my memories.
    On the problematic comedian's who've made me laugh scale from least worst to most worst:
    Bill Maher
    Joe Rogan
    Dennis Miller
    Bill Cosby

I'd say Rogan is less wingnutty than Miller but he does have a bigger megaphone. If you feel like swapping them go ahead.