Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    at least the "Meddle With Fate" perk confirms that these aren't replacing the current anima power system which is what I was afraid of. having it as an addition should hopefully work well

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skynet1990 View Post
    Only in the Tower - However if you have not seen - You can use Thorghast Powers on first boss in the new Raid ^^
    Wow, interesting. Wish they added it to all bosses, it would take a lot of time to farm of course, but would be worth the effort.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I hope those talents trees won't be a way to timegate Torghast like the talents timegated Horrific visions. They should be bonuses, not conditions.
    Oh they will. Blizzard loves making things taking longer than usual. It gives you the illusion of having a lot to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Ion thinks this will convince people to play Torghast instead of GW2, ESO or FFXIV.
    I think it's obvious: It's a flagship feature, same happened with warfronts and islands till mid expansion. :/

I wonder how much the wow playerbase likes "new systems" in their mmorpg on an average though. Let's go back to MoP, where I think the very first "system" was added: scenarios. At the end of mop everybody was sick of scenarios because those were the main source of valor points. Then the devs said they will use scenarios elsewhere in the game, which then became storytelling utility.

Garrisons... I suspect garrisons were just to expensive (art!) to fully go out on them.
    Artifacts someone considers a success, someone as a failure. I for one didn't like them.
    Then Azerite, Islands Warfronts, visions. All went directly to the garbage. Ok, visions -> maybe Torghast.

I mean if even the devs consider these as a throwaway stuff, what do they expect from the players?
    First it's hard to get attached to something that is meant to be for just one expansion (mage towers are a good example: players loved it, got attached, it was teared out of the game and never recreated since). But then it's hard to make them just right especially when it's almost intended to suck at first and as the expansion progresses it becomes better. To me, they are already late with Torghast.

They try to import other games into wow and so far it hasn't been much of a success...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Wow, interesting. Wish they added it to all bosses, it would take a lot of time to farm of course, but would be worth the effort.
    oh definetly - if this was a way to bring those powers to raids and m+ then it would be fun .

but fun is not allowed in wow - so it will never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I think it's obvious: It's a flagship feature, same happened with warfronts and islands till mid expansion. :/

I wonder how much the wow playerbase likes "new systems" in their mmorpg on an average though. Let's go back to MoP, where I think the very first "system" was added: scenarios. At the end of mop everybody was sick of scenarios because those were the main source of valor points. Then the devs said they will use scenarios elsewhere in the game, which then became storytelling utility.

Garrisons... I suspect garrisons were just to expensive (art!) to fully go out on them.
    Artifacts someone considers a success, someone as a failure. I for one didn't like them.
    Then Azerite, Islands Warfronts, visions. All went directly to the garbage. Ok, visions -> maybe Torghast.

I mean if even the devs consider these as a throwaway stuff, what do they expect from the players?
    First it's hard to get attached to something that is meant to be for just one expansion (mage towers are a good example: players loved it, got attached, it was teared out of the game and never recreated since). But then it's hard to make them just right especially when it's almost intended to suck at first and as the expansion progresses it becomes better. To me, they are already late with Torghast.

They try to import other games into wow and so far it hasn't been much of a success...
    Systems like that don't work as standalone for sure, but they do serve a vital purpose in experimenting and generally improving the game.

As you said, scenarios were absolutely panned, but the inclusion was a net positive be as the hood parts were added to future quests.

Islands are a further experimenting on scenarios, now with added randomness. What we have gotten out of it is Torghadt, which on turn might lead to even better system in the future, with knock-on effects to the game as a whole.

A major problem with players looking at the systems is not recognizing that like dungeons and raids they are a continuum, even if the name changes.

Experimenting is almost always worth it, even if the result is absolute garbage, because even a horrible result gives an indication of what can be changed in the future.

If you don't experiment then the game would just slowly stagnate. Similarly it is not feasible to experiment solely within the confines of a dedicated testing server.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Rather watch paint dry than do another second in Snorghast.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Rather watch paint dry than do another second in Snorghast.
    Care to elaborate on what you dislike about it specifically and what would need to change in your mind?

Exclaiming you hate something without explaining it is what children do.

Meh, I very much doubt that Torghast can even be salvaged. As usual its one of these features that sounds like it was good on paper like warfronts and garrisons, but end up neutered and become a shadow of what it could have been. They should just improve older features rather than keep ditching them and then make new ones that end up the same way of missing its full potential.

At this point I wish they don't waste their time and resources on this.. thing.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Meh, I very much doubt that Torghast can even be salvaged. As usual its one of these features that sounds like it was good on paper like warfronts and garrisons, but end up neutered and become a shadow of what it could have been. They should just improve older features rather than keep ditching them and then make new ones that end up the same way of missing its full potential.

At this point I wish they don't waste their time and resources on this.. thing.
    So improving on old systems, kinda like if they took a panned system like islands, and attempted to make it s more directed experience by combining the randomness that people liked with a different system like horrific visions, thereby combining them into a roguelike-lite.

Torghadt is the attempted improvement on old systems, whether it works as a standalone system is the bigger issue, not whether Blizzard abandons ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh definetly - if this was a way to bring those powers to raids and m+ then it would be fun .

but fun is not allowed in wow - so it will never happen
    Fun for those people that manage a totally overpowered combination, not at all fun for those only getting utility powers.

It would also turn them into a complete joke. Being super-OP is fun when it happens occasionally, but when it's the norm, it's rather boring.

When considering if something is fun, try thinking about whether it would be fun for somebody other than yourself - if the answer is no, then it isn't a viable option for a game dev.

these thorgast perks are creativly bankrupt... all i see are %increased dmg or % reduced dmg...
    These arent going to make things more fun.. They could give me 20 000% dmg increase and id tell them that this is exactly as boring as d3 sets.

What i want are things that alters the way we play. Give us mechanical improvements, not % dmg increases.

The mage legendary Firestorm is a great example of how a power should be, or the thorgast power "Intelligent mirror immages". Thats the stuff i want. Not some damn %increase on dmg.. thats just lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    these thorgast perks are creativly bankrupt... all i see are %increased dmg or % reduced dmg...
    These arent going to make things more fun.. They could give me 20 000% dmg increase and id tell them that this is exactly as boring as d3 sets.

What i want are things that alters the way we play. Give us mechanical improvements, not % dmg increases.

The mage legendary Firestorm is a great example of how a power should be, or the thorgast power "Intelligent mirror immages". Thats the stuff i want. Not some damn %increase on dmg.. thats just lazy.
    Roguelikes I've played had some simple permanent upgrades and it works. I suggest playing Undermine and Hades.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Shocking... in a really bad way. This just shows that Activison have no clue what they're doing. Instead of doing the right thing, ie dumping the torghast failure, they keep building on top of it. It's warfronts all over again, except you actually got something out of doing the warfront not just air currency. Even the visions were superior content to torghast and that's saying a lot.

I'm not going to harp on much longer. What I'm saying is when you settle with subpar content THIS is what you get. You're "fine" with the expansion? Something tells me it's going to get a lot worse... I wouldn't be surprised to see a content draught that makes WoD look like a vacation. Anyways, you guys have fun and let Activision know that you're happy being drip fed and that you enjoy low tier "content".

Here we go , I anticipated Thorgast being the single piece of content blizzard will make us play over and over and over for the whole duration of shadowlands. What else to expect when it was the only new feature . Slap a talent tree on it and hook all the completionist ocd maniacs in the wild , gg blizzard. TBC when?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I think it's obvious: It's a flagship feature, same happened with warfronts and islands till mid expansion.
    I still can't believe how we didn't even have the opportunity to try out a PvP warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Ion thinks this will convince people to play Torghast instead of GW2, ESO or FFXIV.
    No need to convince me from not playing those subpar wow-wannabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Roguelikes I've played had some simple permanent upgrades and it works. I suggest playing Undermine and Hades.
    no worries, i got other games i play aswell.

Was just giving my take on the incoming thorgast changes.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    TBC when?
    Lol... so you can complain about that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Care to elaborate on what you dislike about it specifically and what would need to change in your mind?

Exclaiming you hate something without explaining it is what children do.
    cant speak for him - but for me Thorgast is soooo extremly boring experience , and also soo unrewarding ... and so annoying that i have to do it on alt just to upgrade leggo to 225 (because i cant be bothered to upgrade it to 235) that i also rather watch paint dry then play it.

more - i would rather take 2 hour nap in afternoon then log in to game to play in thorgast .

they should have just abandoned it in 9.1 - it was experiment - it didnt work - i woudl rather get 3-4 new dungeons using assets from thorgast in 9.1 then go and farm ash there again for r5 and 6 of leggo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Shocking... in a really bad way. This just shows that Activison have no clue what they're doing. Instead of doing the right thing, ie dumping the torghast failure, they keep building on top of it. It's warfronts all over again, except you actually got something out of doing the warfront not just air currency. Even the visions were superior content to torghast and that's saying a lot.

I'm not going to harp on much longer. What I'm saying is when you settle with subpar content THIS is what you get. You're "fine" with the expansion? Something tells me it's going to get a lot worse... I wouldn't be surprised to see a content draught that makes WoD look like a vacation. Anyways, you guys have fun and let Activision know that you're happy being drip fed and that you enjoy low tier "content".
    the only reason they were bcause you could clear them in like 7-8 minutes eventually .

if you could just do 3 floors (2 trash + 1 boss ) of trashgast instead 6 it would be much more welcomed