Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We know from the map left by the First Ones in Oribos that there are only four zones and therefore only four Covenants.
    Do we know that?

"Infinite afterlives"... Tons of gateways floating around the arbiter... Seems to suggest that there's room for more out there without it being an "asspull."

It could very well be that these four particular realms have a connection to Oribos specifically because of their specific roles in the Shadowlands: Bastion to ferry souls from their places of origin. Revendreth to rehabilitate or condemn souls on the brink. Ardenweald where gods from the various realms are reborn. Maldraxxus to serve as the military. We don't need to hear about all the "infinite" others that may exist since they don't serve these functions and so don't require any official representation within Oribos itself.

Looking at this map and player mechanics as some indication of the actual state of things is like looking at the map of Kalimdor and thinking that a character in that setting could walk from Darkshore to Silithus in a day.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-04-28 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Do we know that?

"Infinite afterlives"... Tons of gateways floating around the arbiter... Seems to suggest that there's room for more out there without it being an "asspull."

It could very well be that these four particular realms have a connection to Oribos specifically because of their specific roles in the Shadowlands: Bastion to ferry souls from their places of origin. Revendreth to rehabilitate or condemn souls on the brink. Ardenweald where gods from the various realms are reborn. Maldraxxus to serve as the military. We don't need to hear about all the "infinite" others that may exist since they don't serve these functions and so don't require any official representation within Oribos itself.

Looking at this map and player mechanics as some indication of the actual state of things is like looking at the map of Kalimdor and thinking that a character in that setting could walk from Darkshore to Silithus in a day.
    Idk why people still fight this, it has been established that there's many place's in the Shadowlands, we just visited some of the most important ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hortrorog View Post
    Idk why people still fight this, it has been established that there's many place's in the Shadowlands, we just visited some of the most important ones.
    There's even one mentioned in-game, too, the Craftenium.

Its from the sinstone of Archetus the Mad Designer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You woulldn't believe anything the person would tell you, you won't change your mind. Just stuck on this "HE HAS TO BE INTERESTING" thread that people moan about. Besides you already consider him a meme so.....there's no point.
    Dude, you are literally the last person to lecture anyone about open mindedness regarding story development.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    There's even one mentioned in-game, too, the Craftenium.

Its from the sinstone of Archetus the Mad Designer.
    So Crafter Paradise.... I never noticed that sinstone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by hortrorog View Post
    /shrug

Some people just get carried away with their own headcanon.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Smells like that screen "from 8.3" with Shadowlands ships in Stormwind.

Do we know that?

Then we’re talking about two different things. What you imply is lore, what I imply is the game itself.

I know what they said about the Shadowlands, but the infinite afterlives is just lore, nothing else. So while there can be thousands of planes within the Shadowlands, I don’t think they matter for the game itself at all. Sure, they pulled Korthia out of somewhere, but I just deem it unnecessary to visit yet another unexplored plane of the Shadowlands in a content patch. Can it happen? Sure, it’s Blizzard, so why not. I just deem it incredibly unlikely that we’re going to an unknown place in the Shadowlands for 9.2 and then just go to Azeroth in 9.3. The end of 9.1 pretty much suggests that the Jailer is ascending and what’s above the top of Torghast? Exactly, the rift which leads to Icecrown Citadel.

I‘m not questioning if there are more zones for Shadowlands from a lore perspective. There are. They just don’t matter for Shadowlands‘ overarching plot. I‘m not debating their existence, I’m debating their relevance. So if the Sepulcher is on one of those secret Shadowlands‘ zones, it makes sense to go there. If not we don’t have any reason to bring more Shadowlands zones into the game.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-28 at 07:58 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If we come back to Azeroth because the Jailer needs something that would be incredibly retarded for several reasons like:

1. Why wouldn't Sylvanas have gotten it for him when she was stealing leaders and shit?
    2. Why didn't the Titans notice this what ever while they were here?
    3. Why would it be on a relatively young planet in the first place?
    4. Azeroth is already the most important thing in the universe for the Burning Legion and Void Lords now its going to be the most important thing for the shadowlands too?
    azeroth IS the most important thing for everyone. shes the macguffin of the story.
    we dont know why exactly, but shes a unique titan, far stronger than all the others.

the other titans themselves realized she was the only thing powerful enough to nuke the void lords, even in their own dimension.

the attendant in korthia says this when he scans us to find out if we truly are the foretold "Maw Walker" of the prophecy (our character gets more and more special with each xpac lmao):
    Tal-Galan says: Ah, yes... You have a connection to a unique world soul, as it was foretold!
    my money is that shes the "secret the first ones tried to hide" aka some super-titan infused with all their power or sum shit
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-04-28 at 07:39 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So Crafter Paradise.... I never noticed that sinstone.
    The Sinstones are all pretty interesting to read through. While many are from worlds unknown to us, there are some fairly well known individuals who've passed through Revendreth, like Houndsmaster Loksey and Theolen Krastinov. I came across the latter's myself and is what made me realize that there were some known lore characters amongst them. I remember going "Krastinov...wait, that Krastinov? The Butcher?"

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    azeroth IS the most important thing for everyone. shes the macguffin of the story.
    we dont know why exactly, but shes a unique titan, far stronger than all the others.

the other titans themselves realized she was the only thing powerful enough to nuke the void lords, even in their own dimension.

the attendant in korthia says this when he scans us to find out if we truly are the foretold "Maw Walker" of the prophecy (our character gets more and more special with each xpac lmao):

my money is that shes the "secret the first ones tried to hide" aka some super-titan infused with all their power or sum shit
    I always liked the idea that, as we slowly go through WoW’s story, the more we start to realize “oh shit, we’re the top of the line badasses” cause I’m not gonna like to you chief, that’s what we are. And it’s not even Azeroth alone that’s OP. It’s us and our connection to her. Whether we need borrowed power or not, we are the main heroes, the protagonists of the story. Azeroth’s power is our power, and by extension, if the First Ones imbued their power within Azeroth’s world soul, their power will also be technically our power.

@Nyel

I could see a simple way to bridge the Jailer dying in a climactic boss battle to Galakrond ressurecting actually, and it was sorta ssaid by someone right here.

Just make it so when the Jailer dies (Preferably in Northrend) his death magic powers are overloaded and explodes, ressureccting a whole bunch of villains, including Galakrond.
    That way the Jailer could get his climactic boss fight, and also lead to an expansion dealing with whatever, including Galakrond. Just have him appear and fly off in a SL epilogue/10.0 prologue.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    @Nyel

I could see a simple way to bridge the Jailer dying in a climactic boss battle to Galakrond ressurecting actually, and it was sorta ssaid by someone right here.

Just make it so when the Jailer dies (Preferably in Northrend) his death magic powers are overloaded and explodes, ressureccting a whole bunch of villains, including Galakrond.
    That way the Jailer could get his climactic boss fight, and also lead to an expansion dealing with whatever, including Galakrond. Just have him appear and fly off in a SL epilogue/10.0 prologue.
    I agree, something Galakrond related makes the most sense that way. That’s why I rate this one of the more likely themes of the next expansion.

My problem was more with how the Jailer would lead into a Void/Light expansion. As I said, I think here and there we need and expansion just to... breathe. Like MoP and WoD (and the faction war bs in BfA). Something less than a cosmic threat that can end the entire universe.

So I’d be really really happy with Galakrond, Dragon Isles and nothing in the sort of Void/Light yet. Than can be build up for 11.x throughout the Dragon expansion, but shouldn’t be the focus.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by blaatschaap View Post
    literally anything else? no offense, but all this useless speculation and even some hype generated out of the lamest fake leak I've ever seen is a bit much. by all means, go ahead, I won't stop you, but it's literally dumber than reading tea leaves. at least the tea leaves don't look the way they do because some 4chan troll arranged them in a particular configuration. for the record, I'm very much in favor of speculating about lore and upcoming stories, but let's not pretend this image is actually a "leak", it's just infantile
    Why are you coming in here being a pompous asshole over people having fun speculating about a clearly real image?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    You know the model skeletons of Krosus, that 1 guy from BRF, etc? Galakrond's most likely going to share that model skeleton.

- - - Updated - - -

This "big deal" died to protodrakes. Him being Mawsworn would be cool and all, but that's it.
    WHy would galakron use that skeleton...?

In what world are these even somewhat fucking similiar?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't call the Goliath Worldbreaker and that 1 monster from WoD "humanoid". Even then, you still have Il'gynoth, that houses a different skeleton but with similar ordeals.

Also, the counter comes after what I said. He's not really that impressive imo.
    ... They are literally fucking humanoid my dude, what the fuck you going on about?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    WHy would galakron use that skeleton...?

In what world are these even somewhat fucking similiar?

- - - Updated - - -

... They are literally fucking humanoid my dude, what the fuck you going on about?
    Unless you think we can fight and kill the entire body of Galakrond if they ever raise him, the top of his body could just be used and it can share the skeleton model.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do we know that?

nah dudes just full of it, the charecters in shadowlands literally mention there being tons of different afrterlives, but they have been cut off for some time. like a place called crafticus, where machine souls go (i think crafticus is what its called)

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you think we can fight and kill the entire body of Galakrond if they ever raise him, the top of his body could just be used and it can share the skeleton model.
    thats... thats not how his body fucking works or skeltons fucking work, but i know you wouldnt know that because you dont even know what "Humanoid" means

This is not fucking humanoid.
    Kromog, The garothi worldbreaker, and krossus are...

If the picture in the OP is real, it's likely the Zerekriss in the Maw, Korthia specifically.

The Necropolis has the shape of the Maldraxxus Necropoli, not Northrend ones.

We know from the PTR that the Zerekriss is being brought to the Maw during the Necrolord campaign. The Primus/Draka (don't remember which one), order it being brought down to guard the skies.

That makes no sense. First, he's very clearly just a giant protodragon. Second, those models aren't even remotely close to his shape, so their skeletons wouldn't work at all, unless you want to create another unholy abomination like the TaurOrc.

Also, humanoid simply means same general bodyplan. Anything with 2 arms, 2 legs, a head and a torso in a roughly human shaped configuration is humanoid, like the Worldbreaker, that Gronnling from WoD or the big demon in ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nah dudes just full of it, the charecters in shadowlands literally mention there being tons of different afrterlives, but they have been cut off for some time. like a place called crafticus, where machine souls go (i think crafticus is what its called)

- - - Updated - - -

thats... thats not how his body fucking works or skeltons fucking work, but i know you wouldnt know that because you dont even know what "Humanoid" means

This is not fucking humanoid.
    Kromog, The garothi worldbreaker, and krossus are...
    Calm yourself. I merely expressed the Galakrond model imo should share a similar skeleton animation to the other things. Though I have been wrong before. He may very well end up being some Continent sized Dragon. Good luck with putting that in game, however. Hence why I even made my theory to begin with.

Like I said before however, calm yourself. You sound pretty damn condescending here.