Poll: What theme do you want for 10.0?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time skip backwards to vanilla, whole thing was a dream.

Edit: or a samurai invasion where all the leaders are forced to commit seppuku.

Edit: time skips forward doesn't erase all the dumb stuff that happened.
    Last edited by Clone; 2021-04-28 at 07:41 PM.

Not sure why the Time Skip was linked to Old World Revamp. A Time Skip isn't needed for a revamp. There was a lot less time between vanilla and the first previous revamp. Now you have people voting for Time Skip, when they actually just want a Revamp.

Couldn't vote for that now. There's never a Time Skip, and there doesn't need to be one. The world can progress just fine without having us miss out on many years worth of character development of everyone on Azeroth. People can't handle characters evolving in the first place. And they hate it when stuff happens in books, rather than being presented ingame. Skipping 10 years we'll not get to take part in ingame, is not going to be as well received as people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Blizzard Entertainment Presents...

Fade in from black...

Medivh turns round in his shower in Karazhan.

"Must have dozed off there for a moment"

An expansion all about setting up our retirement home. Where the Hero of Azeroth becomes a farmer after using the gems to snap...err save the world from evil!

On second thought... Dragons!

World revamp, because my god does it needs it.

I'm going to be contrarian and say Dragon Isles...without dragons. Wrathion can be there for story purposes but the rest of the dragons don't show up until 10.2

If they do end up doing a world revamp, I hope they don't cut any corners on the actual zones and give them a complete modern facelift with graphics on the level of recent expansion zones.

Even if that means releasing only parts of Kalimdor & EK in the beginning and doing the rest as patch content.

they should do a 1000 year time jump to behold... dun dun dun... world of starcraft

seriously though, a time jump would be nice. repair azeroth, make a whole new set of main characters, a new class based around technology OR introduce a hybrid system that allows classes to minor in other classes/specs. a BM hunter/brewmaster would be my new main and affliction lock/ret pally would be my main alt. bring back trees. new end game is access to your alt class tree. dont need new rental powers, just give us more hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Voidlords for sure.

World of Warcraft: Call of the Void.
    Please God no more floating rocks and purple tendrils.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post

Edit: or a samurai invasion where all the leaders are forced to commit seppuku.

Edit: time skips forward doesn't erase all the dumb stuff that happened.
    Edddggeyyyyy

Anything but the last 5. Voted chill.

Some enterprising Goblin has setup a brothel empire across Azeroth and has used his wealth and influence to corrupt and control large parts of the world, we are going in undercover to gather intel and disrupt his operations, and to gain an advantage in the war to come.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Way more regular adventurer stuff. I am so sick and tired of constantly fighting cosmic threats and saving the world yet again from the brink of doom.

the expansion i want after shadowlands is like this. We come back to azeroth after being in the shadowlands for a LONG time. Time is percieved differently there. While we were gone, the old world moved on without us. So we would get a world revamp. Made all zones relevant with events and shit. Maybe scourge, since the helm of domination is broken and no one longer controls the scourge. Daily and weekly zonewide events, where the scourge attacked settlements and towns, we needed to defend etc. Things might have happened, like the return of the defias brothood, and with no heros to stop them, they now took over stormwind, so that could be a raid. Take back stormwind. Murlock tribes had grown out of control, kobolds got hold a artifact candle that made them strong and take over a zone or two. Stuff like that. Bring back the sense of exploring a new world and also make the world viable at end game.

Obviously the defias brotherhood would never be as dangerous as the legion etc. But we have been gone a long time and might have become "weaker" and the defias brotherhood would have grown and become stronger and more technically advanced. Instead of boss mechanics being magical doom bolts of doom. Why not bomb barrels, cannons etc?

I'm surprised so many people want another revamp. It's a waste of resources IMO, since Cata showed how much it took away from resources to dedicate to the expansion content. They had to regurgitate and cut so much content it was ridiculous.

Dragon Isles and K'aresh would be my picks, leaning towards Dragon Isles since it roots us back to Azeroth. We don't need back-to-back adventures away from the literal World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Way more regular adventurer stuff. I am so sick and tired of constantly fighting cosmic threats and saving the world yet again from the brink of doom.

the expansion i want after shadowlands is like this. We come back to azeroth after being in the shadowlands for a LONG time. Time is percieved differently there. While we were gone, the old world moved on without us. So we would get a world revamp. Made all zones relevant with events and shit. Maybe scourge, since the helm of domination is broken and no one longer controls the scourge. Daily and weekly zonewide events, where the scourge attacked settlements and towns, we needed to defend etc. Things might have happened, like the return of the defias brothood, and with no heros to stop them, they now took over stormwind, so that could be a raid. Take back stormwind. Murlock tribes had grown out of control, kobolds got hold a artifact candle that made them strong and take over a zone or two. Stuff like that. Bring back the sense of exploring a new world and also make the world viable at end game.

Obviously the defias brotherhood would never be as dangerous as the legion etc. But we have been gone a long time and might have become "weaker" and the defias brotherhood would have grown and become stronger and more technically advanced. Instead of boss mechanics being magical doom bolts of doom. Why not bomb barrels, cannons etc?
    I like your style.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can't really choose between Dragon Isles and Time Skip + World Revamp. Both would be fine. A combination of both would be the best.
    I like all of this.

Since this is all pie in the sky I would like a full Azeroth revamp, a large time skip (decades) allowing for introduction of new characters who came to prominence during our character's absence (rip van winkle?). Shake things up by changing the faction dynamic, split the traditional horde and alliance into two groups each.

This is all far more than they would want to invest development wise.

Сurious how fans constantly talk about the tyranny of Light, but only few want the Light to be the main antagonistic force in the future expansion.

1. Dragon isles as a flying continent hidden in Azeroth's skies, strong high fantasy elements largely disconnected from the cosmic war (though it would obviously have some references to Order/Life)
    2. The light

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    What I want it to be? Void.

What it's going to be? Void.
    People that know things are laughing at you right now and it's funny

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually want it to be the corrupting Light, Xera style.

Mostly because I'm a bit tired of grimdark, dim, shadowy grey or purple color coded enemies. It would be pretty cool to have this glorious/imperial adversary for once with raids being in style of temples of Light or reminiscent of Trial of Valor - places filled with light, gold and holy themes.

I think it would also make a great transition to void expansion, seeing Naaru tendency to go emo void once shit hits the fan.

Time skip might be too soon, they still have a ton of current content to expand on, so just a revamp could do. Mind you we would still be stuck with old stuff that make the game feel unexciting where we will still have the same old zones and capital cities just with a facelift etc...maybe if they added 4th specs that might help balance things out.

Maybe they can do a 1000 years time skip after the tenth expansion and just give us a separate way to launch the time skip version so that it allows them to not carry over any of the old stuff minus our characters, similar to PSO2 NG. They can then keep developing WoW in three directions: releasing classics, turning retail 10th expansion into WoW+ with endless patches and a third separately launchable time skip version completely new engine and story...etc maybe without our current characters even...this third version would then have new expansions.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-04-29 at 12:58 AM.