Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Have you tried the game at all, the quality of the ships and enviroment are pretty outstanding and they are still making improvements, no other game that exists has ships as detailed or as functional as the ones in SC.

Key features that add depth in a space game are being able to full explore your ships and space stations, and cities within reason, seemless transitions to anywhere that is available with no fake loading screens also gives a game more depth, while its impossible to give a perfect playing experience on an alpha that is constantly updated, what they do have available is better quality than anything else.

SC is the whole package, while other games just give you a few choices of gameplay.

What do you mean by quality? And what do you mean by functional?

All the key features you mention are in No mans sky and Star Trek Online(except loading screens for STO). I assume others as well.

You keep mentioning quality but you aren't explaining what you mean by that. Cause a game where your ship doesn't randomly explode has a better quality than one that does. I assume by quality you mean aesthetically pleasing and yes I agree the ships look very good.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    What do you mean by quality? And what do you mean by functional?

All the key features you mention are in No mans sky and Star Trek Online(except loading screens for STO). I assume others as well.

You keep mentioning quality but you aren't explaining what you mean by that. Cause a game where your ship doesn't randomly explode has a better quality than one that does. I assume by quality you mean aesthetically pleasing and yes I agree the ships look very good.
    Quality as in highly detailed and functional, the ship is actually designed to function like a real ship and be an actual home, STO is just instances upon instances with no real functionality as it doesnt have full planets to explore or full ships to explore. SC trys to as best possible to make a ship function as real as it can, damage and wear actually affects performance, your going to have to eventually store things for use in long distance missions and actually perform maint on components, a space game needs depth otherwise it just gets boring.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quality as in highly detailed and functional, the ship is actually designed to function like a real ship and be an actual home, STO is just instances upon instances with no real functionality as it doesnt have full planets to explore or full ships to explore. SC trys to as best possible to make a ship function as real as it can, damage and wear actually affects performance, your going to have to eventually store things for use in long distance missions and actually perform maint on components, a space game needs depth otherwise it just gets boring.
    Sounds like a mix of what is in the game along with what you hope will be in the game at some point. I wonder where the reality is in what you said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    To be fair, you created your account also just to promote the game in this thread.
    You even went the bot route and just spammed 10 threads with useless comments in less than 20min just so you could start posting links.
    Yeah and then after that it was pictures of the working staff of CiG and tons of other crap like the ill-fated graph that gets reposted often about number of years in development. The irony of him attacking an account made to comment on his posts is great though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    That's a YOU problem, not the game. You're irrelevant and so are your rants against the game's development, it's marketing or it's supporters.
    I'm sure you are trying to be profound while trying to chase people out of the thread but it just comes out as really amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

You're supposed to play the game so by default that would already make you more knowledgable than 99% of the posters here, yet you keep making basic mistakes like not knowing the server player cap or the ones mentioned above, or you haven't played the game in recent years or your intentionally lying to go with the hate circle-jerk.
    I notice while you quoted Val's comments about the FPS and how the servers melt down the longer they are on that you kind of just you know, didn't comment on that part and instead decided to attack him instead. That's...odd.. I wonder why you would do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dismantling lies or misconceptions is not promoting the game...
    LoL you have never dismantled a "lie", you have literally fabricated them over and over and over again. . .and I have no fucking clue why you aren't perma banned yet.

At least Kenn makes an effort to bullshit correctly, you cant even be bothered to do that. I really hope CRobberts isnt paying you more than him, that would be another misuse of CIG funds on his behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL you have never dismantled a "lie", you have literally fabricated them over and over and over again. . .and I have no fucking clue why you aren't perma banned yet.

At least Kenn makes an effort to bullshit correctly, you cant even be bothered to do that. I really hope CRobberts isnt paying you more than him, that would be another misuse of CIG funds on his behalf.
    I just enjoy how both of them vanished for a few weeks when videos were being posted of CR himself talking about dates.

They don't function like a real ship they function like a scifi ship. And how functional they are is debatable. STO is also designed with the premise that you travel throughout the galaxy. Star Citizen has how many star systems and planets you can explore again? Typically space games appeal is traveling vast distances through multiple star systems and or Galaxies.

No man's sky has ship repair, fuel and resources, full exploration of 10s of thousands of planets, maintenance, and everything else you have mentioned except for realistic looking ships. So tell me again how can Star Citizen have better quality when it half the stuff doesn't work properly and you have 1 ten thousandth of the amount of planets to explore and settle on.

Dismantling lies or misconceptions is not promoting the game, I'm the first one here to advise anyone interested in the game, friends included, to stay away from it unless they enjoy paying to be a glorified QA tester.

With that said, personally I couldn't care less if you play or buy the game as a bystander, but if you're gonna shit on it based on lies and random bullshit it's only natural that you'll end up being called out.

That a mere post talking about the game and it's recent updates generates such bile and sodium tells more about the haters who keep pretending they "would love to see this come through" than the gamers actually enjoying it.
    Then why keep coming back here, to a forum where this game is a FOOTNOTE at best, only to post 750 posts in a single thread, all of which shilling said game without admitting a single piece of criticism and regularly posting content that is designed as marketing? That's not how honest gamers use a forum, and frankly I'm getting really disappointed by the mmoc mod team that they continue to allow it.

Edit: it is also awfully convenient that MrAnderson and kenn accounts both show up after a prolonged absence within a day of one another. I'm not an internet detective, but if I was...
    Last edited by Cracked; 2021-04-28 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I just enjoy how both of them vanished for a few weeks when videos were being posted of CR himself talking about dates.
    Why talk about dates, which aren't even real? 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Why talk about dates, which aren't even real? 8)
    Shit, you got me.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    They don't function like a real ship they function like a scifi ship. And how functional they are is debatable. STO is also designed with the premise that you travel throughout the galaxy. Star Citizen has how many star systems and planets you can explore again? Typically space games appeal is traveling vast distances through multiple star systems and or Galaxies.

No man's sky has ship repair, fuel and resources, full exploration of 10s of thousands of planets, maintenance, and everything else you have mentioned except for realistic looking ships. So tell me again how can Star Citizen have better quality when it half the stuff doesn't work properly and you have 1 ten thousandth of the amount of planets to explore and settle on.
    Number of star systems are irrelevant when your doing the same thing on them as what you would do on your spawn planet. Its a game they function as real ships as best possible, you turn of the engines in gravity it falls to the ground, you take your helmet off with doors open to space you die, things get damaged they malfunction or stop working. STO is all instanced so it doesnt really feel like your even traveling through space.

In SC traveling long distance will have meaning and many risks involved just like space travel should be, long distance will involve making sure you have enough supplies and have a route planned so you dont run out of fuel, also ships in SC have different roles so many different job types.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Number of star systems are irrelevant when your doing the same thing on them as what you would do on your spawn planet.
    Then why are they planning on releasing so many more star systems?

In SC traveling long distance will have
    You never can just say what is in the game you always got to harp on what WILL be in the game. Dude it has been 9 years some of that shit may never be in the game. You love to compare what IS in a different game versus what MIGHT be in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Edit: it is also awfully convenient that MrAnderson and kenn accounts both show up after a prolonged absence within a day of one another. I'm not an internet detective, but if I was...
    Nah. Until now, Anderson hadn't posted anything since mid-February while Kenn is at least moderately active in the WoW sections. Unless two accounts, one person wasn't what you were insinuating.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Nah. Until now, Anderson hadn't posted anything since mid-February while Kenn is at least moderately active in the WoW sections. Unless two accounts, one person wasn't what you were insinuating.
    Shhh... Don't even try to bring logic into the equation and ruin their fantasies.

The game this thread should be about just got an update, somehow, for these people, posting about it is considered a blasphemy and "paid promotion".

They're so invested in wanting this game to fail that they have to make up hilarious conspiracies to justify their obsession with game that keeps thriving against their predictions without looking delusional doing so.

Hence the pathetic juvenile attempts of bullying.

And they wonder why the game and it's community keep thriving year after year when the ones who keep trying to bring it down show such degrees of ineptitude. Glad we've kept that little subset of toxic gamers out of the game. It's our pleasure.

Those who can enjoy games and it's development will enjoy it for the great experience that it is, warts and all

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-04-28 at 11:22 PM.

The game this thread should be about just got an update, somehow, for these people, posting about it is considered a blasphemy and "paid promotion".
    Don't forget the, "That's it?" comments from this update. Or after all this money this is how far the game has come? I wonder what got pushed back to make this small update even happen.

- - - Updated - - -

so invested in wanting this game to fail that they have to make up hilarious conspiracies to justify their obsession with game that keeps thriving against their predictions without looking delusional doing so.
    so invested in wanting this game to succeed that they have to make up hilarious attacks to justify their obsession and defense of the game that keeps missing updates and pushing things back further and further while continuing to have a robust cash shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence the pathetic juvenile attempts of bullying.
    That's a YOU problem, not the game. You're irrelevant and so are your rants against the game's development, it's marketing or it's supporters.
    You're almost there, just a little bit of self awareness and clairvoyance and you'll get there.
    Just a reminder the trash talkers that you don't need to keep ignorantly talking about a game you don't play
    I mean I could go on but this is just a few from you in your last what 10 or 15 posts in the thread? Someone is a bully for sure.

Company just released an update:

Person who doesn't even play the game but is obsessed with hating it: "They keep missing updates"

Meanwhile complains about the very same cash shop that allows them to pay to their employees and hire new ones to develop updates.

Can't make this up.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-04-28 at 11:35 PM.

Person who doesn't even play the game but is obsessed with hating it: "They keep missing updates"

Meanwhile complains about the very same cash shop that allows them to pay to their employees and hire new ones to develop updates.

Can't make this up.
    The bit you're missing here is that people are (rightfully) criticizing their use of time and funds, based on their slow progress

Can't make this up.
    Hey you can accept whatever SC does and that is fine. If you think that update is great more power to you. I think it is not good enough considering the amount of money invested in this game. What I said does not invalidate the fact that they keep missing updates. You know it and we don't need to go down that rabbit hole again where you get proven wrong over and over.

If you think their cash shop is totally fine, well you are likely in the minority. That cash shop is a joke, has always been a joke and will always be a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

The bit you're missing here is that people are (rightfully) criticizing their use of time and funds, based on their slow progress
    Come on now, you're just getting him of his, oh what did he say, umm oh yeah, 'pathetic juvenile attempts of bullying'.

Considering the task at hand I see no other company or game doing any better. If there was any I would be playing it for sure.

Criticism from outsiders with no real knowledge of the game or it's development and, with a huge axe to grind are not valuable in any way, it's just mostly bile and venting with 0 constructive engagement with very little room to the actual game discussion.

Which is what to be expected when 99% of the participants don't actually play or have a practical understanding of the game the thread is about.

Evo build failed, no news tonight, hopefully tomorrow.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2021-04-28 at 11:50 PM.

Criticism from outsiders with no real knowledge of the game or it's development and blah blah blah
    This is absolute nonsense. We have mountains of other games to compare SC against. You're just saying things. That's all you ever do.

Criticism is important. It shows developers what people aren't happy with and guides consumers on products to avoid.