Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Why are people losing their minds over a collector's edition mount?

Collector's edition in-game items have been a thing since WoW began. Every expac has launched with special CE stuff. Why do people have a problem with it all of a sudden? Half the Wowhead comments are screaming bloody murder over it.

It's a vanity mount that doesn't affect gameplay at all. Why the salt?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Collector's edition in-game items have been a thing since WoW began. Every expac has launched with special CE stuff. Why do people have a problem with it all of a sudden? Half the Wowhead comments are screaming bloody murder over it.

I think it's more the fact that it's a "Collector's Edition" without anything physical to collect. For a game that was released 13 years ago. It's just a glorified store mount for Classic. People hate store mounts because they're usually far better looking/more unique than anything available in-game and the only way to get them is to shell out $25 to a company that we already pay monthly fees just to play the game.

There's never been a Stalker mount like it available in WoW but now we have to buy it? That's a big ol' "Shove it, mate." from me.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cuz this is just the first thing to ease the game shop into classic. Dont be stupid.

I mean wasn't it WotLK when the shop happened anyway? Just getting it an expansion early now. Just don't buy the thing if you don't want it. If it upsets you so much then quit the game. I don't know what else to really say about it at this point because it is obvious they are doing it. They have already pull the plug on the investment it looks like.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every expac has launched with special CE stuff.
    The thing is, this isn't an expac launch. You literally don't have to buy the game to have access. Are you really stupid enough to believe that this blatant store mount isn't a store mount just because they aren't calling it that? Because "naw man they've always done this"

and do you not think they're doing this to prime us for an actual full-blown in-game mount shop? Which, when they implement it, people will rush to defend them by saying "Naw man what's the difference between this and the deluxe edition bundle for the Stalker?"

If they put out a physical copy, sure. But it's created for the game, yet kept from it in the form of dlc.

Either put it in the game for everyone, or don't do it at all. The idea of digital collector's editions should rub even the novices of gamers the wrong way.

THINK ABOUT IT. Why would they create something for the game, only to not put it in there and instead sell it to you as an added bonus?

I promise you, mark my words, one day GRAPHIC SETTINGS in pc games will be DLC or added feature you have to pay for.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am just tired of blizzard trying to suck their players dry by re-releasing a 13 year old game that requires a sub by adding new cosmetics so their CEO can get a bigger bonus while they lay off the workers. I am of the opinion that a game that requires a monthly fee should allow players to obtain every single item added to the game through gameplay, not their credit card.

Call it silly, call me dumb or a whatever you want. Its my opinion and I had that opinion since MMOs started the f2p/cash shop model that cash shops should be left to free to play games.
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2021-04-29 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people are still bandwagoning the "no changes" sentiment from WoW Classic for BC Classic because both share the same name "Classic" in their titles. This can be in-game mechanics/balancing changes and things outside of the game you bring with you into it (paid level boost, toys and mounts) that you can just pay for instead of grind for like you did back "in the day."

Also the fact the past 4 years or so has seen numerous instances of bad press against Activision-Blizzard in regards to public relations, money and greed, and things of the sort. It's a downhill rolling snowball and this is just making that snowball bigger.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-04-29 at 01:33 AM.

Has anything been confirmed by Blizzard yet?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account

"Its just a mount that dosnt affect any gameplay" is just what ppl said years before the boost was added to retail, and if u cant see the similarities, you are blind.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I think it's more the fact that it's a "Collector's Edition" without anything physical to collect.
    Digital CE's have been a thing for a long time.

People hate store mounts because they're usually far better looking/more unique than anything available in-game
    Hard to be "unique" when 100 other people in every major city are also sitting on that mount. Which is why I think purchasable mounts are dumb in the first place. They're too common. When everyone has a special mount, they're not special anymore.

and the only way to get them is to shell out $25 to a company that we already pay monthly fees just to play the game.
    It's a vanity item. Nobody is forcing you to "shell out $25".

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Cuz this is just the first thing to ease the game shop into classic. Dont be stupid.
    The "game shop"....of more vanity mounts and pets that don't affect gameplay? I don't see why that's a problem. It's just vanity items.

If your next statement is going to be "but they'll add more than just vanity items!!"....no, even in retail, the ingame cash shop is just pets and mounts and the usual character services (boost, transfer, name change, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    and do you not think they're doing this to prime us for an actual full-blown in-game mount shop?
    See above. Vanity items with no impact on gameplay. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    If they put out a physical copy, sure. But it's created for the game, yet kept from it in the form of dlc.

Either put it in the game for everyone, or don't do it at all. The idea of digital collector's editions should rub even the novices of gamers the wrong way.
    It's a vanity item. You don't NEED it. It's not "DLC", it's not "content", it's literally a vanity mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    I am of the opinion that a game that requires a monthly fee should allow players to obtain every single item added to the game through gameplay, not their credit card.
    So do you have a problem with the original TCG items too? Nobody ever whines about those, despite them being literally the same thing: paying real money for vanity items ingame. And some of these things went for $250 or more, not $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    "Its just a mount that dosnt affect any gameplay" is just what ppl said years before the boost was added to retail, and if u cant see the similarities, you are blind.
    yeah, blizz is adding a single store mount, that means tomorrow they're gonna add permanent infinite level 70 boosts and LFR and WoW token and make every single item BoE

Last edited by anon5123; 2021-04-29 at 02:30 AM.

The community has been crying and complaining about literally anything since TBC. I personally see zero issues with the in-game store.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    The community has been crying and complaining about literally anything since TBC. I personally see zero issues with the in-game store.
    Yeah, it's literally vanity items that don't affect gameplay at all. I don't like store mounts because I think they're dumb and too common, but it's not "REEE TBC IS DEAD" level of bad. It's more "oh that's dumb, whatever" and move on.

10+ Year Old Account

Because everyone knows that next we get the Store Sporebat mount, store Fel Reaver mount, and store Pitlord mounts. The exact same shit happened with the regular store, so it's going to happen in BCC

Though considering that they would have brought back the store in Wrath anyway to match the Wrath experience, I guess it's kinda moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    BC had TCG loot. IMO that makes the shop fair game for Classic BC.

Anyone losing their minds over cosmetics is probably mentally ill in some way. I'll take the infraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Because everyone knows that next we get the Store Sporebat mount, store Fel Reaver mount, and store Pitlord mounts. The exact same shit happened with the regular store, so it's going to happen in BCC

Though considering that they would have brought back the store in Wrath anyway to match the Wrath experience, I guess it's kinda moot.
    So, more cosmetics? Who the fuck cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    In this specific case, I can't find it in me to care. Collector's/Digital Deluxe editions are hardly a new frontier for WoW, and with the increasing prices on leftover TCG codes, as well as some of them already finding their way ingame, it was only a matter of time before Blizzard began bottoming out the resale market on some of the rarer items like the Dark Portal hearthstone. I wouldn't be surprised if Landro were "repurposed" for BC Classic as Blizzard began selling TCG items directly; buy the item, get emailed a code, and redeem with Landro, with the code tied intrinsically to your account to prevent reselling.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I mean 58 boosts are going to be a thing even if its just one per account or whatever the details are on it (I don't really care to know because I just.. don't care) and that seems to affect the game a lot more than a mount from a collectors edition and so many people will have it won't be special or really all that meaningful at all anyway.

I think it's more the fact that it's a "Collector's Edition" without anything physical to collect.
    Well, actually any CE (including Shadowlands one) get something physical to collect.
    SL one includes physical copy of Artbook, some pins, mousepad, etc.

Mounts and pet are the part of Digital Deluxe/Epic editions, which is include in CE as well.

As for
    only way to get them is to shell out $25 to a company that we already pay monthly fees just to play the game
    thats not Blizz invention, any b2p or p2p MMO has its own RM shop. Like FFXIV shop is much bigger that WoW one, and they are selling not just unique mounts and transmog, and even unique /emotions here.

Because it impedes on their vanity points while sitting in Shatt on a mount that someone else doesn’t have.

They’ll hide that reasoning behind shit like “original design ideals”, or about how the “shop ruined retail” as if it wasn’t just bad (to some) design choices that made retail what it is (eg Dungeon Finder, LFR, M+, etc).

Not one in opposition can tell you how a shop item had a direct, tangible, negative impact on them.