Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
    Low realms will legitimately have a dozen people on. I transferred from Incendius as Horde because there were literally 12 people online at peak hours in Orgimmar. Don't even think of finding a group for any dungeon on a server that low. We'll deal with the high queue times at launch as long as the server isn't completely dead in a few months.
    They need to just give up and accept mega servers with layering as a thing. This isn't 2004 anymore.

On that note, unless they layer servers like Mankrik 80+ times, outdoor TBC is going to be totally useless for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I am level 27 now. Haven't ran a single dungeon, closest I got was 2 hours of spamming for healer for WC and I am on medium realm. What the hell is going on in "low" realms - I don't even want to know, it's just a shame that you can't just find ppl to play with unless you are in a town and even then it's hours of spamming.
    That's that healthy community that people talk about. This is good for you. Take their word for it. That said the retail LFG UI (not the automated matching) is probably OK as long as it's restricted to the realm.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Automatic grouping came with WOTLK.
    The TBC one also did automatic invites, you had the option to auto add members. There was just no teleport to the dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    Except Vanilla did have an option to list if you were looking for a group or not. It's just very few people used it, and it ended up being useless because of that.

You not remembering (or even knowing about it in the first place) notwithstanding.
    You had to phisically go to the meeting stone or inkeepers to get in the queue ... ofc hardly anyone used it.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-04-28 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Remember when the classic community was up in arms about a simple tool that lists who was LFG, right before launch? Still mad about that. Haven't done any 5 mans on my leveling alts forever now. Can't even read LFG chat through all the boost spam.

In short, I sure hope to god we're getting some sort of lfg list.
    I leveled in classic about 6 months after launch.. plenty of actual groups amidst the spam and I did almost every dungeon that way.

Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    I leveled in classic about 6 months after launch.. plenty of actual groups amidst the spam and I did almost every dungeon that way.
    Were you on one of the top servers? I'm on Mankrik, the top pve horde server, and LFG chat is literally unreadable without scrolling up and manually scrolling down, reading each line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    There was a semi-automated LFG addon for Classic Vanilla, Blizzard quickly made it useless because they don't want that interaction.
    Blizzard dont want that because ppl dont want that and same ppl made and used this tool Its so messed up. Imo grp finder tool from retail its perfect. No automatching and a special place to find other ppl lookin for same part of content without messed up chat spammin. Tbh i didnt really remember old grp finder tool how it looks and works. Im playin since vanilla and i was suprised that some kind of tool ever exist in the past lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    After 6 months. Yes. Try do it now. Spam all around about boosts. When i was lvlin my mage on classic normal grps was all around. When i tried to lvl up my war alt there were only boosts teams.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You had to phisically go to the meeting stone or inkeepers to get in the queue ... ofc hardly anyone used it.
    No, the Who's List had a toggle for it. Again, you not knowing about it/not remembering it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Remember when the classic community was up in arms about a simple tool that lists who was LFG, right before launch? Still mad about that. Haven't done any 5 mans on my leveling alts forever now. Can't even read LFG chat through all the boost spam.

In short, I sure hope to god we're getting some sort of lfg list.
    Get ClassicLFG addon. It works as a chat scanner so it lists prior postings of certain dungeons/raids or notifies you when it detects new postings. Very useful so you can level as usual until the notification pops and you /w the poster.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
    Low realms will legitimately have a dozen people on. I transferred from Incendius as Horde because there were literally 12 people online at peak hours in Orgimmar. Don't even think of finding a group for any dungeon on a server that low. We'll deal with the high queue times at launch as long as the server isn't completely dead in a few months.
    I was on Incendius as well. There were 16 total lv60s on and 45 total players. Checked at ~6pm eastern. Its kinda fucked man. It went from one of the better servers to nothing. I remember it having a 4 hour queue well into launch. I had the census addon at launch and it was well over 3800 horde players at peak time and now its a ghost town. I was gonna level a new toon there but ended up just making a new toon on Mankrik instead. I gave 55gold to the only other player that happened to be in orgrimmar at the time.

About the player count quote, i cant remember if it was 2800 or 3800, but i do remember it being horde dominated something like 58-62% or something.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I am level 27 now. Haven't ran a single dungeon, closest I got was 2 hours of spamming for healer for WC and I am on medium realm. What the hell is going on in "low" realms - I don't even want to know, it's just a shame that you can't just find ppl to play with unless you are in a town and even then it's hours of spamming.
    I had that experience ended up just doing it without a healer >_>

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That and, it wouldn't even put together a proper group, it would just group you with anyone else who was queued for the same dungeon as you. So you'd end up with a group of 5 DPS. Allegedly it would TRY to find a "tank" class and a "healer" class but it wasn't very good at it.

No one was going to have the option on to just have people automatically invited, assuming that would of been a toggle. Maybe for open world questing, but who cares about that.

I'd say the implementation IS pretty far off from a completely automated, cross server, group finder.
    This addon, LFG Tool (iirc), was obviously realm locked as all classic realms are realm locked. But the addon could use the realm global chat channels and coordinate all the LFG Tool users so that you'd simply select which dungeon(s) you wanted to do and your role, then the addon would "broadcast" that to the global chat channel and anyone who used the addon (who tracks the global chat channel) would then pick up on this "broadcast" and put them into the addon list.

So if you were making a group and needed people then you'd put into the addon, then the addon would put that into the global chat channel in a format that triggers the addon for other users so that the other users can see that you're looking for people for whatever dungeon. Through the addon you could then automatically whisper to the party leader and the party leader would automatically invite you back, making the addon more or less identical to the Retail Group Finder tool.

Yes it's not LFG and I didn't claim that it was, but it is semi-automated and makes grouping up a lot easier/organized.
    Again, I'm not saying that this was a bad thing ...or a good thing. But Blizzard decided that they didn't want it in Classic Vanilla, hence why they removed some of the usefulness of it.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Can't even read LFG chat through all the boost spam.
    It's 2021 and some ppl still play without badboy or any other anti-spam mods?