Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd argue Galakrond's still bigger than the Aspects post-empowerment.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they can make him as big as they want. Magically enlarged, magically shrunken... Hell, they could magically split him into his five different incarnations from Hearthstone and make them like anti-Aspects: the Nightmare, the Tempest, the Unbreakable, the Unspeakable, the Wretched.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Also i love how people are like "what if he raises galakrond!" it would be funny if he did cause raising galakrond is literally doen in the hearthstone expansion, which fuck yes, i love the lore of the hearthstone expansions, i wish blizzard followed that more.
    The whole story of stealing dalaran to then use it to assault uldum to then get the plague of undeath to then raise galakrond into undeath is fucking awesome.
    I don't play Hearthstone but I wonder if they would even do something in WoW they've already sort of covered in HS? I know we saw Tortollan and N'Zoth in HS before we did in WoW but raising Galakrond would be a whole plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I mean, they can make him as big as they want. Magically enlarged, magically shrunken... Hell, they could magically split him into his five different incarnations from Hearthstone and make them like anti-Aspects: the Nightmare, the Tempest, the Unbreakable, the Unspeakable, the Wretched.

Great, now I fucking want this - you have set me up for disappointment, and I will never forgive you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Your entire post is based on the premise that Blizzard "is short on time", which may have been true for this past year but as a fellow Californian I can tell you we've already started to open up again. Disneyland is opening up this Friday after being closed for over a year, for perspective. Blizzard employees already have the ability to return to work based on the guidelines released by the state a month ago. Once they do return it'll be business as usual before the pandemic. Yes, there has been a delay but with Ion already stating that work was well on the way with 9.2, I'll personally err on the side of 9.3 being the final content patch, not 9.2, like you suggested.
    Ion flat out said they're still trying to catch up and 9.1 will even take longer than he wish it would take. So even if they're back on track after 9.1, which I highly doubt, it leaves no room for 9.3 unless you extend Shadowlands lifetime by at least 6 months which would be a huge financial loss overall. 9.2 already in the works is pretty much normal as they're always working on more than one content patch at a time.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ion flat out said they're still trying to catch up and 9.1 will even take longer than he wish it would take. So even if they're back on track after 9.1, which I highly doubt, it leaves no room for 9.3 unless you extend Shadowlands lifetime by at least 6 months which would be a huge financial loss overall. 9.2 already in the works is pretty much normal as they're always working on more than one content patch at a time.
    There wont be a 9.3 anyway.

Shadowlands has already prooven to be a financial failure so 9.2 is likley to be its final patch, it'll end up being WoD 2.0 in terms of content.

The majority of the players that were playing Shadowlands have left, the content drought actually caused that, and 9.1 is so far away that its unlikley they're comming back for a long while, and adding insult to injury? They're delaying 9.1

And I can tell you exactly why.

Theres 2 reasons:

1. Is understandable, Covid, its delayed because of the Virus.

But...

2. Has always been the case, every time a rival has a big release like ESO, SWTOR, GW2, or in its biggest compeditors case, FF14 with endwalker comming out around august/october, we can strongly believe that 9.1 will be released around then.

Blizzard often strategically delays releases so that when they do come out, they align with other major mmo's releases to prevent sub loss.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2021-04-29 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I don't play Hearthstone but I wonder if they would even do something in WoW they've already sort of covered in HS? I know we saw Tortollan and N'Zoth in HS before we did in WoW but raising Galakrond would be a whole plot point.
    Dude, they need to add hearthstone lore to wow like god yes plz... pleeeeease.
    https://youtu.be/CCJq7lE3JQs
    coulda been a raid in the caverns of time, could have easily been we are asked to go to the caverns of time and they literally just re-use ice crown citidal, but replace all the bosses with them.

lower spire= uther impaling people with with holy light blades (first boss, furthest from arthas, cause arthas wants him no where near him), then anduin calling in mind controlled armies of alliance death knights. then a loot ship battle obviously! and then garrosh in place of saurfang.
    plague wing= rexxar, with the two bosses before that being an abomination misha and abomination huffer.
    blood wing= valeera where she summons copies of herself, swapping between them (her health pool shifting) then guldan who turns people into dreadlords (vampiric demons)
    frost wing= malfurion needs to be healed, and then after that thrall coming in with frozen elementals
    Lich king= arthas and jaina together, so the arthas fight but with extra stuff, being jaina mechanics.

https://youtu.be/zdbnXv8UsVc
    a simple new low level dungeon for new players, a mega dungeon that is like a current raid, you can go through multiple wings that all lead to the same final boss, but with this you could clear only a couple, or all of them, for an easier time with the final boss.

and then of course
    https://youtu.be/yRV4nooto6A
    https://youtu.be/lMhpHgqIQdQ
    https://youtu.be/8GHv3I9aDM8
    https://youtu.be/v52vjnf6nkg

Dalaran is under attack, players must try to stop the villians but we arrive to the city already gone, so we "get told what happened" playing as the villians attacking and fight against people like khadgar trying to defend the city, and as people trying to defend the city but end up being defeated.
    Then after that we gotta defend uldum and there we fight various villians scaring them off and killing plaguelords, but of course darn they get away with the plague of undeath!
    Then the villians recruit dragons to help them, so we do the same through a rep, with a couple vehicle fights that work by becoming easier as you grow your dragon and make it more powerful through rep. but oh no they use the plague of undeath to raise galakrond!
    then boom we gotta fight galakrond.

https://youtu.be/pQjG-ffwTek
    oh also and of course a dakrmoon faire dungeon.

https://youtu.be/YG35phnCKRc
    new PVP mode, where people can queue up to represent their chosen loa, and by playing they gain rank, and unlock new points for loa specific talent trees, they can then use in this pvp mode, playing with others of their loa, they enter free for all with multiple teams one of each loa to fight against eachother.

https://youtu.be/fTyeE5oK7LQ
    Cannonicly this is aparently what gadgetzan is actually like now, since recovering since the cataclysm, sadly well i doubt we will ever get to see it, but imagine a mega dungeon where there is like 12 bosses, and depending on which gang you choose to work with you fight 8 bosses (4 of each gang) and so when you get to a boss you can choose to get one of the allied bosses help during that fight to grant you a buff or ability. so 4 bosses you can use buffs on, the other 4 you are buffless, but you can choose which buff on which boss!

The hearthstone lore is so much more fun, with its just so far out there and enjoyable ideas, aswell as them simply not taking themselves too seriously, something i miss from wow, the game is cartoony, and i hate that a lot of the time they dont embrace it, and try to be super duper serious. i want some more of that chaos and fun. like god the hearthstone lore is so fucking good and fun, i just wish it got added to wow.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-29 at 09:08 AM.

The picture in the OP looks a lot like Archeus, infront of Ice-crown...
    Much like what was described in the 4-horsemen short story.

If they're still catching up, dropping 9.3 makes no sense, because 10.0 is already delayed as well, probably worse than 9.3. Dropping 9.3 at this point simply means making the drought longer for no gain.

The only way to make 10.0 happen faster would be to cut 10.0 down, which isn't likely to work out in their favour and definitely would get us a WoD 2. Your arguments for why there won't be a 9.3 never made sense in the first place because projects don't work like that. You keep arguing solely with finances without considering whether what you're suggesting would even be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    There wont be a 9.3 anyway.

Shadowlands has already prooven to be a financial failure so 9.2 is likley to be its final patch, it'll end up being WoD 2.0 in terms of content.
    That's odd, given that the numbers show it was a smashing success.

I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet but is there not already a necropolis located in that exact position over borean tundra in game?

The ingame screenshot of the tuskarr village just barely cropped it out i think

It's the end part of the borean tundra quest line
    Last edited by koeros; 2021-04-29 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by koeros View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet but is there not already a necropolis located in that exact position over borean tundra in game?

The ingame screenshot of the tuskarr village just barely cropped it out i think

It's the end part of the borean tundra quest line
    Let me quote myself (page 13 of this thread):

The location of the necropolis seems to be completely different though (over the land / over the ocean), but maybe that's to blame on the perspective. Plus the completely different necropolis style... I don't know. To me it seems like the Maldraxxi necropolis is hovering over the field of ice in the ocean. But it's very interesting that the scourge necropolis has vanished or cannot be seen on the "leak".

Let me quote myself (page 13 of this thread):
    Where's the Tuskarr statues, though? Those definitely should still be there.

idk i think it's probably a perspective issue, pretty easy to believe they just used an updated model for the old necropolis since the ingame model looks a bit too cartoony for their more realistic cinematics

occam's razor

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Where's the Tuskarr statues, though? Those definitely should still be there.
    Yeah that's the question, why is the other necropolis not in the leaked picture and why are some Tuskarr details missing.

And updating a Scourge necropolis with the Maldraxxi model just to have an updated model makes no sense at all, so there's that.

Yeah that's the question, why is the other necropolis not in the leaked picture and why are some Tuskarr details missing.
    The Necropolis might be a casualty of the Northrend campaign or Bolvar's doing, but the missing statues make little sense as nobody had any real reason to remove them and they're a fairly prominent feature of that spot.

Ok, i got a bit of a dejavu, so i take back what i wrote above.

Does anybody have the WOTLK collector's edition art-book at arm's length?
    I got the feeling i've seen that inthere.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I don't see why the Jailer would be going for resurrecting Galakrond, unless it was done as an aside; "I have things to do, you can fight THIS instead." As was mentioned, he was beaten by protodrakes pre-aspect. We've dealt with deadlier.
    This and as I posted earlier, it would be likely that the Jailer has Galakrond's soul anyway. Dragons pass on like anyone else, and I can't see him ending up in Ardenweald (and even if he did, I would imagine the Jailer would have prioritized his acquisition).

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Ok, i got a bit of a dejavu, so i take back what i wrote above.

Does anybody have the WOTLK collector's edition art-book at arm's length?
    I got the feeling i've seen that inthere.
    Already been covered:

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Basically every single piece of concept art, exploration sketch, cinematic renders, etc relating to the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic. I own that book, there's not even a single doodle of a necropolis in it.

This image is riddled with chromatic aberrations, a common shortcut to make mediocre renders seem more realistic. Blizzard doesn't rely on this effect at all in their cinematics. Check for yourself if you don't believe me.

In the rare cases that it is used in big productions, it is visible only towards the very edges of the image, since that is how this visual artifact behaves in real life photography as well.

This single, simple detail quickly reveals the leak's lack of authenticity. The chromatic aberration effect has been applied excessively across the entire image (presumably because the creator feared it wouldn't otherwise be noticed in the low-quality version that was 'leaked'). This suggests that the effect was applied through a filter in After Effects or Photoshop, rather than the actual rendering process.

Isn't it possible for a chromatic aberration to appear when you make a picture, with a camera, of the display on a monitor or the projector?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.